HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2022 21:30:52  #3931

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

Mental image of Francis standing outside in over-100-degrees-Fahrenheit weather, holding a pan and an egg waiting for the Sun to fry it
And that is because the last time he tried to fry an egg, somehow everything went wrong (funny but depressing, y'know?) so yeah. Now he's gotta try this method.
R.I.P. the guy tbh

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 29, 2022 21:38:42  #3932

Accurate jwnfjkqkckqkf He would XD RIP Francey Pants

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 30, 2022 00:39:38  #3933

In honor of our house somehow getting 11 fly guests in a single day when we only opened the door once, here I have a fly-related headcanon

I like to imagine Rai and Dion being in a normal house and getting a housefly that just buzzes around them at top speed. Constantly.
Rai doesn't care, really, (though he doesn't eat the entire time the fly is around,) but Dion is bugged out of his mind
...haha?

That pun was contrived without being planned. And no, this isn't Wiley rubbing off. Please remember I created him, not the other way around ((:

Anyways, the annoyance might be because Dion wants to eat, and also the fly just really likes his hair for some reason, which he doesn't take as a compliment

For some reason my mind's conjuring up an image of Dion crying at a buzzing fly now :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2022 00:57:45  #3934

Sunny definitely thought of houseflies as pets when he was younger though
He couldn't really get sick so he just. Y'know. "Befriended" a bunch of them. Fed them. And let them fly all around the house. 
I like to think that's why their family had a really secure, almost airtight kitchen. To keep the "pets" out. (Because even though Sunny could communicate with them, 'stay out of the kitchen' isn't really within the common housefly's vocabulary,,, not to say that Sunny remembered to remind them that because he didn't)
Yikes.

----

Also no, Xenia did not know how to say no to a fly
Or to anyone, really.
I feel like she would've had a pretty horrible time if she'd lived to the point where Sunny was grown too and had a bunch of slightly questionable friends over

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2022 21:05:58  #3935

I like to imagine the Not-Quad Squad playing volleyball and Dion gradually becoming more and more scared of Rai and Raez every time they spike the ball

Have you guys seen older boys playing volleyball
They spike like they want your life (((:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2022 21:12:28  #3936

By the way if anyone's wondering, Rai is scarier in that case because Raez doesn't take it that seriously. If Eas took it more seriously, then he'd definitely be more scary from the single fact of how much more buff he is in the arms compared to Rai

Lol volleyball becoming a time of camaraderie for Dion and Wiley because the other pair is terrifying as heck

Though I can also imagine Dion taking advantage of the strength in his prosthetic arm (in particular) and aiming the ball at Wiley when he gets up and spikes
Potential vengeance or temporary friendship, Dion? Make your choice (:

I wonder how they'd even set up the net lol, I hope Dion has good jumping skills or else the other guys are just gonna get in a standing position and hit things over the net

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2022 21:17:21  #3937

My mind's now imagining how the Not-Quad Squad would look with each other's hairstyles (:
Mind, no (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2022 21:19:24  #3938

Mind yes, I want to see that

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 1, 2022 17:53:18  #3939

Wait, but how would me imagining it help you see i--
(*sighs*)

----

Turns out hairstyle designs have a reason for existing (:

Subjective view of the cursed factor in the Not-Quad Squad exchanging their hairstyles, ranked from least cursed to most cursed for each member of the Squad with winded explanations and no actual logic:
- Starting off with Dion
-> He'll probably scream at this, but the most fitting alternative hairstyle for him is actually Wiley's (imo). I think maybe it's because the two of them in particular are in a similar age range or something. Anyways, with Wiles' hairstyle, he definitely looks like a wild child, but at least he does still kinda like a kid, which is what I feel his original hairstyle lends to. 
-> Next up is Rai's. In terms of vibes, this hairstyle and Dion don't match at all, but it's helped a little by how the bangs are kept, and also by how Rai and him have similar hair (basically, their hair is closer to straight). Also, if you look at it, their hair is basically structured the same way too, though Dion's sidebangs are somewhat swept outwards while most of Rai's are curling back in. Anyhow, not the worst thing in the world, though if Dion got his hair cut that way I'd deem it a pretty bad decision. Not to say that him cutting his hair like Wiley's wouldn't be a horrible decision, though.
-> The worst hairstyle for Dion has got to Raez's. Turns out Dion needs to keep his bangs to his forehead in at least some fashion. The style and his face shape go absolutely horrible together (and by the way, Raez's canonical hairstyle is different than the one I drew for the last Not-Quad Squad drawing I showed; I added a little bit of bangs on that one for reasons). Added to how Raez seems to have a bigger head than Dion, the stiff/outwards expanding style makes Dion's face look like it's going in all the wrong directions. 
In less nice terms, his face looks like a swollen octopus with this style. So, this would be the most horrible choice for him. 20/10 do not recommend @Dion.
- Next up is Wiley
-> I'm just gonna jump to the worst style, because all of these hairstyles just don't fit him at all. Anyhow, the worst choice is definitely Rai's hairstyle, just because of its intentional plainness, which contrasts horribly with Wiley's horrible overabundance of details. 
-> And then I don't really know how to reverse-rank Raez's and Dion's hairstyles. I suppose Raez's fits more in the back, but the lack of bangs feels almost sinful when it's Wiley's face. I do have to say that Raez's style fits Wiley more than it does Dion, simply because Wiley has a more narrow/slightly longer face. But it still doesn't fit his vibes. As for Dion's hairstyle, the cut is too orderly to be fitting, though the presence of bangs (and their relative messiness) helps on that front.
So, I suppose for Wiley, he needs a messy hairstyle for both the bangs and the overall cut, with a lot of extraneous details. The interesting takeaway here is that Dion and Rai's hairstyles kind of contrast each other through the ways they try to seem orderly, while Dion and Raez's hairstyles contrast each other through the overall orderliness of their bangs/bottom cut respectively. Funny how these things pop up unintentionally, huh.
-> By the way, Wiley with Dion's hairstyle looks mocking, though I guess he always looks mocking. I'll save it this way so that the two of them can exchange hairstyles lol.
- Raez!
-> He's harder to rank than either Wiley or Dion, but I'll try, lol.
-> I think the best alternative hairstyle for him is probably Rai's hairstyle, which is designed to be more generic (which didn't fit for either Wiley or Dion, but fits for Raez, who has plainer facial features than the prior two). This might be because the prior depiction of the Squad had him with a rather similar hairstyle to Rai, though, I dunno.
-> Next up would be Dion's hairstyle. Which was surprising to me, lol, idk if it is for any of you guys. But anyhow, I guess the bottom cut does go against his vibes (in my opinion), but it's nothing absurdly off-putting, at least to me. I think he looks kinda cute, actually, which isn't how I would usually describe Raez (at least, I think?). He kinda gives off a "cute nerd" sort of feeling. The smile I drew on him actually seems softer and kinder with this hairstyle, too, which is always a win. Anyhow, even though this is second to Rai's style, I think this would actually be more likely in canon, though that does depend on if Dion would react positively to Raez having his hairstyle, lol.
-> The worst style for him is Wiley's. I drew it late last night and found it horrible, though daytime me doesn't seem to see it as being that bad, which is funny. I guess it's a little too chaotic to fit him, but it may as well be Raez's hairstyle when he's with a severe case of bedhead (and a different quality to his hair lol; his hair is curlier than Wiley's, I believe). 
Also, in opposition to how Dion's hairstyle makes Raez look more gentle, Wiley's hairstyle makes him look like he might be up to no good, which is kinda hilarious to me.
-> By the way, I need to add that all three of the alternative hairstyles make him look younger lol. It's kinda funny. In order from closer to his usual look to further, it'd be ordered: Rai's hairstyle, then...I have no idea how to order Dion's and Wiley's hairstyles on this basis, so let's pretend I finished this sentence with an appropriate ranking. (:
-> Generally speaking, I was expecting Raez with alternative hairstyles to look atrocious, but then it turns out he might even look the best with all of these alternative hairstyles, which was a fun (albeit very unexpected) surprise.
- Last up, we have Rai...a man of surprises, as it turns out.
-> His best alternative hairstyle is actually Wiley's as well, and imo he sports the look better than Dion (though it may potentially have to do with how I actually was able to reference my past depiction of Wiles' hairstyle when I drew Rai's alternative hairstyles). To be honest, I wasn't expecting this at all, since the two of them are literally on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to ranking the orderly and chaotic nature of their hairstyles, but it is what it is.
There are multiple potential reasons for this being the case. One might be I underestimated Rai's compatibility with chaotic hairstyles in the first place. I did design his hairstyle to be extremely orderly on purpose, but that doesn't mean he can't sport chaotic hairstyles (a subconscious logical fallacy on my part). Two, speaking practically, is their face shapes. While Rai and Raez have the longer faces compared to Dion and Wiley, Rai's face shape is rather narrow with a rather narrow chin as well, which is closer to Wiley's face compared to Raez's (who has a somewhat narrow and long face but overall rounder look and square jaw) and Dion's (who has a more boyish face with a more abrupt chin compared to any of the others. As I might have implied before, his face is similar to Wiley in terms of their overall boyishness and narrow chins, but Wiley's face is still obviously narrower in comparison). 
Then again, I usually have no idea what I'm talking about, so that's there lol.
-> Second up would be Dion's hairstyle. Rai is okay with it, I guess, though the vibes there contrast his a bunch. He doesn't necessarily look bad, though, is what I'm saying.
Like Wiley's hairstyle, Dion's hairstyle is sorta chaotic, but it also doesn't seem to be chaotic enough. In terms of hairstyles, Rai is kinda "Choose a side," so I suppose Dion's style is a little too middle-ground. 
How to say it? I guess Wiley's hairstyle basically goes all out with its chaos, while Dion's feels like it's trying for orderly but isn't quite there in terms of texture (then again, I do want to note that I probably draw his hairstyle wrong lol, I'm kinda just stuck in a way of drawing it). Also, added to that, Wiley's bangs are kinda close to how Rai usually has them, albeit more disorderly, so that might also be lending to that.
...I'm not too sure how to explain this one, lol.
-> And finally, Raez's hairstyle doesn't suit Rai! At all! 
lol pun
Get it? Suit? Rai? Haha?
Taking this opportunity to state that there is definitely a reason why when I get Rai's bangs out of his face, I either make it so that he's grown them out, or take and clip them backwards, or use his hand to hold them out of the way. I don't retain them at their length and then add hair gel, or whatever. (':
Well, hey, Dion and Rai both can't sport Raez's style at all, and commonalities between them are good! I think!
I don't really have anything else to say to this. I guess the back cut is okay, but it still doesn't make sense. It just looks so bad, xD. It brings out Rai's face shape in a very unflattering way, and through this I can see why he doesn't like it when his face looks too long.
Funny though, how Raez can take Rai's style while Rai can't do it the other way around. I guess Eas' style is unique in that way, if it can't fit onto a supposedly "generic" face. (Or just any face other than his, apparently.) 

----

Annnddd that's it! If I come up with more rationalizations for why each turned out the way they were, I might edit this post. But that's it for now.
Paiiinnn :') Dion and Rai with Raez's hairstyle will definitely come back to haunt me in some dream

Specter, you'd better try this out yourself for making me fully visualize these images (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 19:35:17  #3940

This was a thought from two days ago, but imagine the irony if F/DA Dion holds pride in having an immaculate, spotless, completely white kitchen, and his Servant is the one to ruin it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 19:39:13  #3941

Also my mind's having a stroke now and is thinking about F/DA characters, but at the same time it has no idea whom to focus on

I am genuinely excited for roleplaying Assassin's Master, but at the same time I know full well they are probably not as developed as they need to be and paiiinnn (:

Not to mention the summoning chant is eating away at my soul lolol

I just looked back at some posts regarding this and tbh I still dunno what I'm doing with the luck stats
Also just opened my personal document and immediately forgot what I was gonna say there so that's also fun (((((:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 19:40:57  #3942

No wait I remember now, thank the gods for this memory catalyst lol
Write it down, write it down!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 20:00:21  #3943

I find it interesting to look at the overall themes in Chinese works compared to English works. In my opinion, these patterns say things about culture.
The funniest one so far has got to be how much Chinese people seem to like tying in swathes of geography. You gotta be the best scholar across a whole region, the best general in the entire world, or the prettiest woman in the world. 
If you look at songs involving romance, they'll say things like "The stars exist only to show your beauty," or "This world must surely exist for us two," or whatever. My immediate reaction is "I have no idea how the world relates to you two."
Pretty funny xD. If you look at songs and stories only through this lens, we seem conceited really quickly.
But you can also see why some Chinese people are known to be perfectionistic, I think. Because the culture sees it as a norm, rather than a potential flaw or undoing. (Though, I'm not too sure if those are the ways to describe how American culture sees perfectionism. It certainly doesn't seem to be a norm, though.)

On the less funny side is another trend I keep seeing for characters. Some characters live solely for the sake of another, do pretty atrocious things for the sake of the other's vision, and ultimately end up being nothing. They're taken advantage of, really. 
And in Chinese culture, this is actually pretty normal. There isn't an inherent negative label assigned to this. 
I think it says some things about the culture's view of mental health and healthy relationships (: but maybe, just maybe, I'm the one overthinking it?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 20:23:20  #3944

I also haven't tested this out yet but I think it's kinda funny how Dion and Wiley would probably look scariest with a blank expression, while Rai and Raez would maybe look scariest when they somehow get ticked off
I guess Wiley looking angry would be very uncharacteristic though

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 23:24:21  #3945

I think maybe this isn't actually funny but I'm just wheezing at it lol

Rai and Helen were basically the opposite of the immediate friendship trope in roleplaying xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 7, 2022 21:11:25  #3946

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I also haven't tested this out yet but I think it's kinda funny how Dion and Wiley would probably look scariest with a blank expression, while Rai and Raez would maybe look scariest when they somehow get ticked off
I guess Wiley looking angry would be very uncharacteristic though

-Galaxian-

I'm not sure how blank expression Dion would look scary since that's one of his usual faces XD then again his angry face is not scary at all because of how much he uses it when annoyed

By the way, about the hairstyles post (which was a very fun read btw, thanks for taking the time to write all of that out haha) I take it you're describing just the hairstyles. It's kinda funny cause I was picturing the NQS just straight out swapping hairs like they're wigs, I mean like not just the hairstyle but the colors as well heheheh. I think it'd be kinda cursed to see Rai and Raez with their hair dyed like Wiley or Dion tbh. 
In summary from your post, I take it that their styles are made for each of them uniquely. I could try to draw this, and maybe I will someday, but I'm not sure I can nail the styles lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 8, 2022 19:05:47  #3947

Oop, I think we have different understandings of a blank expression. My bad, I forgot to account for that again.
There is no way I am going to switch the colors out too (: I regret what I did to my eyes enough already by this point

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 19:09:55  #3948

In other news:
1) I got pwned by Medibang's storage limit, which I didn't know existed :') so I had to delete a bunch of the worst sketches I've made to get back under capacity and now have to archive a bunch of stuff again lol
2) My brain cell dropped the absolute minimal number of ideas for the summoning chant (which I think are decent as of this writing) and then hecking left so that's great too
To be honest, I don't know which portion to be more worried about now :') that's how bad my ideas are lolol
3) Said brain cell is also pumping (wrote "pumpking" lol) out a bunch of OC ideas like I don't have anything to do, which would normally be welcome :'). I guess new characters are cool too but I do not have the time to give them solid visual designs so currently it's just adding more voices in my head, I guess. Ouch.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 19:14:38  #3949

Also that Rai and Helen thing got even more funny for me because I only recently remembered how Rai literally smells like nothing. He doesn't have a smell and somehow that could still offend someone xD
I think I did headcanon once that when he does smell like something, it's the smell of freshly ironed clothes, but in reality I have no idea if that even exists so lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 19:17:46  #3950

By the way I love those not-even-close-to-finished artworks where it just got worse and worse the more I tried to solidify the initial sketches

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 23:37:47  #3951

Oh yeah, the day before yesterday at 4 A.M., my mind suddenly remembered Ash had been shipped with Wyvern
Somehow I just completely forgot before then? It was weird remembering all of a sudden lol my mind literally woke me up with "Ashvern" and then told me to go back to sleep

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 23:39:25  #3952

Tbh I don't remember how Wyvern acted very well. If I recall correctly, she was kinda edgy in a way that reminded me of forum!Silence back then. She was kinda grouchy in that sort of way
I legitimately don't remember her well, and I do feel bad, since I feel like she might've been kinda nice to Galaxian (GGaD him ofc) too, and I don't even remember that. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 23:44:30  #3953

Drago was really nice to Galaxian too, I think? I dunno, I remember her better than I do Wyvern, but I still don't remember her very well.
I really liked her relationship with Time, too. Hah.

It's funny how I don't remember anything about Mari, lol. And I can't remember if I'm at fault for that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 23:51:25  #3954

Tbh I feel like if he put in the effort, Rai could charm someone pretty easily (at least for a little while), which is funny because...it's funny
I also can see why his entire high school student guise in CC worked now; he could probably win over any teacher with the way he acts

Rai: (*faked smile, convincing puppy eyes*)
Hitan, shielding his eyes: Please Stop

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 8, 2022 23:56:08  #3955

I like to think that Wiley, Dion, and Rai are all super good at solving Rubik's cubes, while Raez somehow has no idea what they all are doing and even if he did, he'd be pretty bad at it. 
You can probably only make 4 moves on it and somehow he'd be able to make it worse
As a joke Wiley just gives him a Rubik's cube that's completely one color and then a few buckets of paint

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2022 00:01:13  #3956

And then in terms of chess, Rai and Dion are pretty good, while Wiley tries to see how fast he can lose and honestly Raez doesn't get that either

Raez is good at checkers and card games (generally speaking, including Uno). He just doesn't get certain games lol. That being said, he could probably spectate chess and see how the game is going, but he loses all of that when he's one of the players.
I implied it in an I.Q. but Raez can pwn Wiley in Uno really easily, but also part of that is because Wiley's luck in card games is so horrible he could lose to anyone (in Fate terms, GGaD!Wiley's card game luck stat is E, while Raez's is probably closer to B or B+)
Tbh the Not-Quad Squad plays Uno and they consistently stack like 20 cards onto Wiley every two games or so

And also on a related topic, I think Dion would probably be good at word games, as is Rai. Raez is still really bad with them because he can never think of words on the spot, and tbh Wiley just likes to watch Raez panic or something idk
Another specialty of Raez's is that he will never lose a game where the end stake is that the loser has to drink. He will somehow always manage to evade that. If the end stake is that and the game is something he usually sucks at, he'll still manage to win at the end somehow, and no one knows how it happened.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2022 00:07:14  #3957

Imagining Wiley getting owned in Battleship every single time because wow his luck sucks

Wiley: The likelihood of you making that move was literally 0.0003%
Rai, shrugging: (: (*proceeds to sink 4 more ships in a row*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2022 00:12:21  #3958

I guess this is related too, but I also imagine that if Kiaane were to ever play anything with anyone, they'd just lose. Immediately.
Partially because they're bad at it and partially because they would have D rank luck or something like that (F/DA Kiaane turned out to have better luck)
The difference between the twins is that Divina will try to help them, while Cielo will just pwn them immediately (and the motivation behind each is that Divina feels bad and wants to help them, while Cielo thinks their luck is beyond help and that she might as well end their suffering quickly)

Also imagining Kiaane getting nailed in the head by a snowball and doing absolutely nothing about it. 
Their snow fort is absolutely demolished too and they kinda just stand there.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2022 00:15:57  #3959

Imagining HPA!Kiaane and Martin playing Jenga, but actually it's just Martin playing and Kiaane watching because the tower will fall as soon as Kiaane moves, regardless of the physical/statistical impossibility
(I like to think that HPA!Kiaane talks a little more though, so he can make suggestions on what to move and stuff. So that it's not completely awkward like in GGaD)

(Transitions-wise, this is related to the thought of playing with sticks)
I like to think that if Kiaane had more time to work on their handwriting, they'd be really, really good with calligraphy. 
They're already really good at deciphering symbols and reading languages, so what'd prevent them from writing just as well, right?
Probably time, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2022 00:23:02  #3960

I think that if Kiaane baked anything, they'd probably decorate stuff with heaps of sugar
It technically doesn't look bad but it's basically islands of cavities on top of a bigger island of cavities

Anyone watching them decorate their baking (except Cielo, because she's kinda wack in the head sometimes): ,,, :/??????

The funniest thing is that as long as there are recipes, Kiaane would be pretty good at baking. But you basically have to designate boundaries for them, or they'll be doing things like making sugar islands for decoration, as mentioned before
HPA them and Leila make a cake together and whoever happens to come in while they're doing that nearly has a stroke because neither kid nor adult knows any boundaries (while Martin has an inkling something might be wrong but is basically just grateful for food so he's not saying anything)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera