GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2022 23:58:51  #3871

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

No wait, as a bonus bonus I'm going to add a hastily sketched Time pointing to the art and saying "I'm her brother and do not approve of this attempt"

Wait does that mean if I draw F/DA Sollux, I have to draw Sunny doing that too???
Smh,,, extra work,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 18, 2022 00:20:58  #3872

Never mind, I went straight from "minor irritation" territory to full on "You're probably in danger now Galaxian" territory
I drew Summer Chronos and I feel like GGaD!Time is staring (: possibly real Time too oh no
And "staring" as in, not really a friendly sort of stare. 

Uhhh
There's nothing inappropriate about it btw
if that helps
(it probably won't)

I haven't actually drawn her in 4 years so. I think the pose is nice.
The thing with this is that I drew her face way too small compared to how big I usually sketch them lol avoiding body proportions and adding too many details to the eyes, so I'm not too sure that I actually drew her
But I also don't draw females much in general so that's that :')
Maybe I can use "Perhaps this isn't actually Chronos" as an excuse

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2022 00:53:42  #3873

Hmm
Whose design should I butcher next

I do think I should probably practice drawing GGaD!Galaxian again lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2022 16:48:52  #3874

Made his legs too long but ah well, I can pretend it was his teenage form during that assassination plot 
In other news, I dreamed that I was Rai (with a lightsaber??) yesterday
One part of the dream constituted of him and Raez getting chased by a bunch of cars (note to self: Do not sit in a car with Raez driving during a chase) and at one point he kinda just gently flipped one of the pursuing cars over into a nearby lake O_O,,, scary

But notably, the difference between him and Raez & Wiley is that those two would throw those cars onto the lake like pebbles to skip given a way to do so, hereby marking the difference between their individual Neutral Good and True Neutrals

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2022 16:49:24  #3875

Somehow read "Rai" as "Rat" even though I was the one to type that post

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2022 16:53:08  #3876

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

One part of the dream constituted of him and Raez getting chased by a bunch of cars (note to self: Do not sit in a car with Raez driving during a chase) and at one point he kinda just gently flipped one of the pursuing cars over into a nearby lake O_O,,, scary

He had no remorse except for the fact that he might be causing planetary pollution
Which I guess is acceptable lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 21, 2022 02:06:58  #3877

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Hmm
Whose design should I butcher next
-Galaxian-

Galaxian I think your fine when drawing other people's characters. In fact I'd be rather interested to see what you come up with.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 23, 2022 18:07:52  #3878

As a friend that is very sweet of you, Time, but generally speaking that was a very bad decision 'cause guess who condemned his characters to an ugly fate through saying that (:

I can share some things (about the sketches, not the actual sketches themselves, at least for now) but I need to eat lunch first (and yes it's 5 P.M. here), so I'll be back lol
also yes I somehow finished sketches before an excerpt lol what's new

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2022 19:17:48  #3879

The funny thing right now is that I technically would have no shortage on what to say, but I don't know how to select from all of it, so I'm just not saying anything

I haven't felt this in a very long time lol. Good old days.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2022 21:51:04  #3880

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

As a friend that is very sweet of you, Time, but generally speaking that was a very bad decision 'cause guess who condemned his characters to an ugly fate through saying that (:

I can share some things (about the sketches, not the actual sketches themselves, at least for now) but I need to eat lunch first (and yes it's 5 P.M. here), so I'll be back lol
also yes I somehow finished sketches before an excerpt lol what's new

-Galaxian-

Its an honor Galaxian.

Time

July 23, 2022 21:51:23  #3881

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

The funny thing right now is that I technically would have no shortage on what to say, but I don't know how to select from all of it, so I'm just not saying anything

I haven't felt this in a very long time lol. Good old days.

-Galaxian-

Now that's pretty crazy. Quite rare.

Time

July 23, 2022 22:45:42  #3882

I'm gonna have to write this like you guys can see the sketches (like how I ramble on my art thread, essentially), because I don't know what organization is and I can't send it in pieces without actually separating out posts.
Essentially, I sketched Time and Oblivion. It's funny because that would definitely have added salt to the injury if I showed these sketches. Imagine someone says "I draw people and make them look ugly" and then draws you. It's kinda like that, I think, except with a persona (someone who represents you in a way, if not a multitude of ways) and then his corrupted form, which also happens to have the same face. Am I overthinking it? Maybe I am. But if you were curious, I don't have that sort of feeling for my personas (because no matter how badly misproportioned they might be depicted as, they will never surpass my degree of bad looking; and also, the one badly misproportioning them is me (: ), though I suppose that the more similar situation would be if a Galaxian persona were super mischaracterized. But then again, no one likes it when their characters in general are too mischaracterized, I think?
Anyhow, there's not really much to say about Time. I guess I did try really hard this time to make him more accurate, and by that I mean my efforts included me referencing his page and a sketch by his narrator while I was sketching him (which is pretty standard art protocol when you think about it)...but he still ended up looking like a cute lil boy with pinchable cheeks and a conscious will against smiling. So, uh, I guess I failed? He also still looks like Kenshin, by the way, even though I haven't drawn Kenshin in 4 years. So that's not cool. 
I think I have an obligation to talk about him more before I transition topics, so here are some other random things about these sketches that you probably won't see.
-For some reason I imagine Time's pocketwatch to have a differently lengthed string (no idea what the official term for the string is, btw) compared to Chronos. I have no idea why. But this feeling was so strong that I re-sketched his pocketwatch for it, so there we go.
-I couldn't draw Time with straight hair no matter how hard I tried :') so my depiction of him will always have wavy hair. I wonder if I can't draw straight hair or something like that, but I do have mostly straight hair IRL, so that wouldn't make too much sense? Anyhow, I'm of the opinion that he looks better with semi-wavy hair, and of a longer length too. At least, that's currently true for my depictions of him.
-Call me an idiot, but I finally learned how to read somewhat and realized that Time's charcoal arm was from his backstory, not from in-RP events, so now I'm wondering who dislocated his arm in canon. I hope that doesn't sound too gory in terms of a thing to wonder about. :')
-I couldn't figure out how to add a hood to his coat and also couldn't be bothered searching it up, so the sketch has this weird hood shape at his back. I'm not gonna lie though, I kinda wanna sketch Time with a hood up now. My mind is somewhat fixated on it and I have no substantial idea why. 
-Now that I look at it I dunno if his coat is left open in the front or not. As you may have guessed, I left it open, but I'm thinking about it now and I'm just imagining how that's probably a horrible decision if it's supposed to serve as armor (unless you use the magic excuse for it, which can be a pretty bad excuse as excuses come)

In general, Time is at a pretty good level of easy for me to draw, though a large part of that is probably how I seem to just ignore his canon design/depictions and go with whatever I like. So all these sketches of him are probably pretty bad. Sorry, actual Time (:
(Thinking about it, this sketchbook contained quite a lot of depictions of others' characters compared to usual, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing (': )

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2022 23:07:26  #3883

Next up is me rambling about a character I probably didn't even depict correctly. Oblivion!
As a disclaimer, I've never seen any reference sketch of him from Time (maybe missed it, or maybe it was never posted while I've been around), so what I was working with was my prior depictions of Time, a sketch of Time I put on the same page for facial reference (he 100% wants out, I think), Time's sketch of his persona, Oblivion's page, my own conceptions of how Oblivion might look/act as a character, and then a demon in my head who thought that I wanted its opinion. I did not, by the way, but apparently the two of them are "friends" and it had the right to be there. Whatever.
Anyhow, that disclaimer was supposed to end with something like "...so since I didn't have a reference, my sketch might be/probably is horrendously inaccurate, and so any conclusions drawn in this post are really just not conclusions at all. They aren't even tentative. I'll have to wait and see." But I started ranting about a demon again. Sorry about that.
So anyways, remember how I said Time's at an okay level of easy for me to draw? That somehow turned over on its head when I was sketching Oblivion. Whether it was because my mind/characters in my mind consciously rebel against the idea of Oblivion looking the same as Time facially or because I'm just really bad at copying faces in general, the struggle was real. I even sketched out one of his eyes in preparation, but still nope. I think my mind just really wants to think of the two of them as being almost entirely separate. So to Oblivion I say this: "Get your own face, you maniac psychopath. And please stop interacting with Akuma. You two both need help, and I can't provide it for either of you."
And no, please don't peel off someone else's face and stick it onto your own, you maniac psychopath--

I suppose I can first talk about what parts of Oblivion's design really stuck out to me.
One, his eyes. I like weird eyes, and I also like eyes in general. Oblivion's really fit him, in my opinion ("in my eyes," one might even say). I'd probably have to actually color them to really appreciate what they contribute to his design, but they just seem really fitting to me, and I don't really know how else to describe this feeling. I suppose I could say something like "The blackness of his sclera is not only a reference to his domain over the Void but also contrasts the color and design of his irises, drawing the viewer's attention as would utter blackness," but I think only I would find that suitable/fitting/not throw-up worthy. Because I obviously don't learn enough about art and its related concepts to try to use such things as reasoning.
Second, I really like his bandana. That being said, I really hope this isn't just me liking Li and Run and Hei Xiaohu (who all have things around their necks). But I dunno, I just really liked it. It fills up some space on his neck, for one, and I don't think Oblivion would have nothing on his neck in terms of accessories. And that's coming from me when I wasn't too sure what other accessories he might have. It's also just so fun to draw for some reason. 
On a darker note, I guess what I imagined for his bandana is that Oblivion has a habit of scratching his neck extremely hard at times (and has hard nails), and so he ties that bandana around his neck to stop himself from doing so too frequently, and also (maybe) to hide some of the recent injuries. I feel like there's some sort of injury around his neck area and that it's basically black (as a reference to the void, again, and also I had a feeling that there's some sort of marking on his neck leading upwards that looks extremely unsettling, so this is basically a combination of random ideas), but I dunno, maybe Oblivion just likes tying a rope-like thing around his neck randomly. That would probably be just as characteristic.
As an addition to my random headcanon there, he doesn't let those injuries heal because scratching them reopens the wounds and hurts even more, which he likes. And also, I guess he scratches his neck when he's supposed to be frustrated or something. I dunno. I tried avoiding thinking about this part for reasons. (:

I do have to say that I didn't color any of these sketches, so I'm not sure how Oblivion's palette looks (and how individual components look, like his bandana and his hair. Yes, I'm focusing on these two parts for some reason). I also didn't know how to draw the tie to the bandana, but I just went with a tie on the side and hoped it would look alright (and it currently looks okay to me). Maybe I'll color him sometime in the future. Dunno when it'll be, though.

Future parts coming later, since I have to eat dinner now. They won't come if Time tells me to stop though (: I think I might have the restraint or I might not

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 02:13:32  #3884

Time gap missed, try again later

Okay, now to continue giving my opinion on things when it probably should be withheld. 
His hair was okay for me to draw, but the entire time, I was very aware of how I draw Time's hair incorrectly in the first place. I did think that Oblivion would probably have different hair than Time, though, (which isn't necessarily what's on his page,) so I changed it up a bit. While keeping the general gist, I changed his bangs as well as the length and general style. I feel like Oblivion would have longer hair, so I put that. In my opinion, the most fun parts of his hairstyle for me to draw were 1) the parts constrained by his goggles, and 2) the parts near the end. 
But speaking of Oblivion's goggles.
This was where the lack of a reference became a problem, and that is because I keep seeing his goggles as swimming goggles. I might've drawn them too small, but at the time, I just didn't want them to look like chemistry goggles, especially with his jacket and whatnot. 
So...swimming goggles.  
And that's cursed why?
Because I drew those first, of course. So for a bunch of the time there was just this evil dude with crazy eyes and only a basic hair structure, wearing swimming goggles and definitely without any clothes on on his upper half.
Added onto the fact that I drew "Summer Chronos" (not really, just Chronos with less layers on), "Summer Oblivion" is now stuck in my head and will definitely be staying here for a while. And it's not even that cursed, except for how unrealistic it is.
Imagine tuned-down and shirtless Oblivion in F/GO, teasing the heck out of his uncorrupted counterpart, who refuses to change into summer clothes (because Time likes his coat and pocketwatch). 
I feel like I shouldn't have added "shirtless" because it takes away from the intended message, but :').
I did enjoy drawing the cracked lens, though. And the fact that he looks like a pilot to me aside, they're cool. I think they lend to his design once you remember he stole them off a dead body. I didn't sketch him with the goggles on, though, since my goggle design was probably as generic as they come, so yippee. I do think that they probably have a good amount of design potential in them if they work for his look. Maybe they shouldn't fit with the rest of his aesthetic so much, so that their origins are clearer to the viewer? I dunno if there was some sort of process he made to get them to fit, though, so that's that hole.
I do think that I'd make the straps a lot more wide next time, since right now they look more like strings. My bad.
I don't have much to comment on his clothing in general, because by now you should know that I suck at anything fashion related. I did attempt to make his clothing contrasted with Time's in terms of design, and also I tried not to make his coat look too much like a lab coat. I dunno, I didn't draw him full-body (I was planning to but got back to my senses), so I have no idea how he looks on that end. Additionally, you might remember how I didn't color him, so...yeah.
I think the efficacy of his clothing design depends on what vibes his narrator would like him to give, which I don't know about. But currently I do feel like it could be added to or polished further. Or maybe I just depicted him so inaccurately that he looks like half crazy pilot and half crazy scientist, I dunno. In my defense, at least I got "crazy" right.
And that probably sounds so smart-alecky (well, all of this probably reads a little that way, it's me after all xD). So you might ask, well, how do you think he should look? And the answer is: :shrug: I dunno. (: 
First of all, I'm pretty sure Oblivion's not supposed to look cute. But he kinda does. Because of how I draw Time. So that's one problem.
Second, I'm really bad with villain characters in general! So that's another problem.
I suppose I do have a lot of headcanons about Oblivion that sourced from me trying to find a good way to draw him (in posing, general vibes, etc.), and if you guys wanna hear them, I could compile those too. But otherwise, I don't really have a say in this, y'know? For me, he's easier to imagine how he'd act in comparison to how he looks, because I've seen him roleplayed more than I've seen him depicted/described. So, I try to stick more with the basics.
An interesting thing for me to wonder is if Time and Oblivion really look the same age, or if they don't. Maybe they look the same age in terms of their facial expression but not in how they present themselves. Or maybe neither of them fit into a gap. In any case, I have absolutely no idea. Some part of me thinks it would only be fitting if they look the same age, but it also feels wrong to me. Added onto how I draw Time's face kinda young/cute, "I don't know. I really don't" is once again the conclusion here.
I think maybe this could've been helped if I were around when Time had just corrupted or when the two of them had just split, so that I could see their relationship more clearly, but nah, I missed that entire arc lol.
Uh, anyhow, I do think I'll cut this here. xD What I write is almost always ramble-y, but that's no excuse to keep doing it. So, I'll stop for a little bit.
Hopefully I can relegate more of this sort of stuff to my personal document in the future, so that it's more presentable than whatever this is. :-P

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 04:05:26  #3885

I'm not sure if this is accurate but I've always imagined Oblivion to have Time's exact same face and physique, so the idea of Summer Oblivion walking around shirtless feels like it would almost be an equivalent to him showing off Time's body

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

July 24, 2022 14:20:23  #3886

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

As an addition to my random headcanon there, he doesn't let those injuries heal because scratching them reopens the wounds and hurts even more, which he likes. And also, I guess he scratches his neck when he's supposed to be frustrated or something. I dunno. I tried avoiding thinking about this part for reasons. (:

I'm currently a bit lazy to write down a full response, but, I will say this is a very oblivion thing to do. The not healing part. Not at least with magic. I feel at some point in time I decided that but never really said anything about it.

I feel that Oblivion's design overall is something I'm not too proud of, because a good part of it was just me slapping things on to make a quick design.

Time

July 24, 2022 18:33:30  #3887

Me, reading all that today: What in the world-- 

~

Today's priorities have been relegated to seeing how many people I can hypothetically friendship one of my characters with
But before that I wanna say that I dreamed about here again (these dreams are becoming more common for some reason; I literally had one of these dreams yesterday, though it was more of a nostalgic one)
I don't remember most parts of it, but one part had Echo posting Alma sketches that were literally in my style and somehow I was like "This is fine" in the dream, so I got to wake up confused
I was both confused at my lack of reaction (because that was OOC, I'm way more petty than that) and also how my mind conjured that, since I haven't drawn Alma ever. But I guess I commonly dream about art in my style that I haven't made yet because I can't make it, so it isn't that out of place.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 18:36:35  #3888

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I'm not sure if this is accurate but I've always imagined Oblivion to have Time's exact same face and physique, so the idea of Summer Oblivion walking around shirtless feels like it would almost be an equivalent to him showing off Time's body

I think according to his canon description it's accurate, but for me the problem is that it looks much less ideal when I actually sketch him out. I guess it feels like Oblivion should have some sort of uniqueness to me
I suppose the lesson here is Galaxian apparently needs reference sketches to consequently ignore and butcher (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 18:43:35  #3889

Time wrote:

I'm currently a bit lazy to write down a full response, but, I will say this is a very oblivion thing to do. The not healing part. Not at least with magic. I feel at some point in time I decided that but never really said anything about it.
I feel that Oblivion's design overall is something I'm not too proud of, because a good part of it was just me slapping things on to make a quick design.

Oh, you don't need to do that. I understand how hard that might be xD so don't worry about writing down a full response for the sake of it. I'm happy that you read all that in the first place (and also that I recreated a decision I didn't hear of through headcanons lol, that's always great)
I relate to doing that. I definitely need to rework some designs because of the initial haste in designing them.
Well, if you do end up redesigning Oblivion, I'd be real excited to see any sketches/descriptions! (If you can't tell that already lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 21:43:31  #3890

I really wanna throttle my past self
What the heck was I thinking (':

Now I have to plan for stuff and do you know how much I suck at that? @Past Self

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 21:51:45  #3891

Love how the other day I sketched a face and didn't even add hair 'cause it was a boring face and then I look at it today (at a non-3 A.M. time) and realize it's Rai's face
I'm not sure if this is fitting or semi-insulting
Idk @Rai :')???

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 21:52:46  #3892

By the way he is no longer bald Rai, don't worry

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 22:00:07  #3893

The other day I did a facial recognition test and did so badly on it lol. I'm not to the point of one of my characters but wow lol
But the funny thing is, if it comes to people I care about remembering, like friends or that shady guy who might try to rob me/has been tailing me for the past half hour, I'll remember them for a really long time. 
So I guess it's just my usual "short-term memory sucks, long-term memory pretty good" thing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 22:10:21  #3894

R.I.P., sketchbook gone now
I used 9 months on it, which is a pretty long time iirc? A lot of my school year was spent not drawing/writing for recreation at all, so that's a large part in it. 
Of course, quality over quantity, and in this case it's what's in the sketchbook that counts, but clearly this sketchbook is the first one where I've shown none of its contents, so there's not much to speak of when it comes to quality :')

I have one more left somewhere. I'll have to ask my mom to look for it since it's in a room that she tidied up recently, and our thing is that if she moves anything I will automatically have no idea where it might be (and vice versa). We're utterly incompatible in that way and it's hilariously funny

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 22:14:35  #3895

That's also the basis of some of my characters' relationships btw (because I like it so much that I impose it on fictional existences). For instance, I like to think that Mayin and Firas are compatible when it comes to thinking/discussions but they could never be roommates
Zhenyi and Zhongli Mo also have that, which is why the latter treats Zhenyi like an angsty college student and gives him his own space and stuff.

Also no I will not go write instead of making kinda stupid headcanons 9: (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2022 00:29:36  #3896

I like how Akuma and Oblivion have this relationship where they're "friends" but also, they could both watch each other die and would probably find it funny
Like they might pretend to be angry about it just so they can use more extreme (read: "more fun") methods but actually they would just find it funny

By the way the only reason why I like this is that it involves Akuma's death, even if it's hypothetical
I have a lot of loathing (: (if you didn't know that already lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2022 00:35:40  #3897

Also my mind decided to just develop out a huge chunk of Nazoja (F/DA world development) through a singular dream, like what the heck, I need to do the summoning chant and that's what you focus on???

I also have some other development inklings, but they're more seeds/sprouts at this moment so they'll probably wait a little while longer lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2022 00:49:19  #3898

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I like how Akuma and Oblivion have this relationship where they're "friends" but also, they could both watch each other die and would probably find it funny
Like they might pretend to be angry about it just so they can use more extreme (read: "more fun") methods but actually they would just find it funny

By the way the only reason why I like this is that it involves Akuma's death, even if it's hypothetical
I have a lot of loathing (: (if you didn't know that already lol)

-Galaxian-

One of them, watching the other die: "Lmao loser"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 26, 2022 01:19:38  #3899

Rip I realized that Akuma's "death" would be extremely anticlimatic
@Akuma - Why do you have to take out the fun in everything that is actually fun (: why do you exist

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2022 02:28:26  #3900

Just gonna read a bunch of past threads now

Rai's and Dion's relationship is basically a combination of jokes and anger (also in that thread Rai's talking mannerisms were unfairly accurate (': )
Death is so hecking weird
Sometimes I forget Hitan has a ton of side responsibilities

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera