GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2022 02:49:25  #3841

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

I have more random thoughts because I can't remember most of what I was wanting to say while out
One: I just remember standing there in a Chinese shop realizing that if I were Dion, if I were in that shop with Rai and saw him, I'd see how out of place he would be.
I'm not sure if this is wildly OOC or whatever, but for a moment reality just turned into Dion looking at Rai in a Chinese store, remembering a sort of subconscious inference he'd made--that Rai would somehow look less "out of place" in a shop where most of the customers look like him. Because Rai usually looks so typical that if he doesn't look like he belongs somewhere, then certainly there must be a place on the other end of the spectrum that he melds into.
But that sounds a little too thoughtful, since I feel like Dion would instead be really paranoid the entire time they're there and want to get out as soon as possible (considering what happened in the plot thread), so that's probably just me hallucinating seeing one of my characters while doing shopping (I dislike shopping).

Related to that is me wondering if most of my characters stand out in situations like that. If they existed, how would others perceive them?

Two is...I forgot again. Oh boy.
I really need to write down cues in situations like this. 

Also I did really just write out an observation for seeing a fictional guy in a grocery shop while listening to "Kanashimi no Mukou E",,, I don't think I have any excuses for that, actually.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 12, 2022 03:02:04  #3842

Another random mention since my mind is conjuring random songs
Remembered how Specter recommended "Bad Apple" as a theme song for Galaxian so long ago
I still say that, regrettably, Galaxian doesn't vibe enough with the song to be able to be animated like the original intended character for the MV all Galaxians suck at dancing, but it's still good enough as a character song. I guess it doesn't cover his character as well, but maybe that's a good sign that his development is unique or something. (HAHA lol ikr)
I do like to imagine what a Galaxian version of an MV would look like, though, and I particularly like to imagine that instead of him being alone the entire way, at some point his image melds into those of entities he has met throughout his life, since Galaxian as a character is defined by others. His "form" reflecting that of others is a reflection of others' impact, or lack thereof, on his overall direction, since a core part of his character is how much he devotes himself for others' sake but ultimately, in the end, stubbornly pursues his own path, often to a darker end.
That being said, him being alone would be super ironic, and I would definitely like that idea more if it worked, which it probably wouldn't. As I said, he does not vibe that well. Unless someone wanted to animate a little guy zooming around on ground and in air with zero regards with the melody, which would be 100% in-character but definitely horrible to watch and sync with. And also it'd go against the theme of loneliness in the first place. If someone did want to animate that, a more meme-y format would likely be preferrable.

Here comes NP 5 Nursery Rhyme--

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 12, 2022 03:03:00  #3843

Me, eating crackers earlier today: Yeah, I know you like crackers, Raez. Yep. Uh huh. I got it. You do indeed like crackers, yep.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 12, 2022 03:13:15  #3844

Edit: This post is more related to the post twice above it and less related to the topic of crackers

Every time I go through phases like this, there's that one edgy part of my mind that thinks that maybe the phase in question reflects something. Kind of like "回光返照," it thinks that maybe I'm looking back so much at the past because I'm about to move forward. 
Putting aside the self-comparison to a dying, about-to-be-dead person, at this point I do know better than to consider that claim seriously. I can't really move past what's already happened. Sure, the present is still happening, but for me life seems to work less in a "You look back, you move on" way. It's more like a never-ending cycle where I'm more in the past than in the present or contemplating the future.
I suppose at times I do wish that I could just move forward and have that be that--and that's reflected in characters like Hitan and Rai (or at least how they were initially supposed to be), when that mindset was definitely more solid and believed in. But most of my recent characters probably show how I no longer believe in that. Kiaane and Nagesh are two of the best examples. At least, they are to me, since I am basing that claim from what I currently understand of them. 
Will I change back at some point? Maybe. But for now, this is just how I am. 
I think that if I were to change back to that mindset now, I would have to gain a special sort of irrational rationality. As things are currently, I don't think that drastic change will be able to occur or even be fostered.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 12, 2022 03:26:38  #3845

I sometimes feel like I should make some sort of list for my characters. Like all of them/all their names. So that when I forget something utterly, I can refer to that list, look at all the names one by one, and, y'know, try to find my thought again.
But I don't do it. One, because I don't think I could list all my characters. Two, for some reason I feel like doing so might actually restrain me, either from making new characters or from developing the existent ones. Three, "let bygones by bygones." My ideas are not good enough to warrant using that much time in the first place, and too much attachment isn't a good thing, at least from what I currently think. And four is, of course, the amount of time that would be consumed looking at that said list. It probably wouldn't even work, lol.
I guess I should work on getting stuff down faster, but one part of why I wait is because 1) usually the thoughts worth writing down are at 4 in the morning when I don't want to have them and doubly don't want to have to get up and write them down, and 2) is because of life priorities. I can't do that to myself. Sometimes I remember that. (Also, sometimes the ideas snowball when I don't write them, but that's more rare, unfortunately.)
I do regret that I'm not better at, well, everything I do. But then again, my goals when creating and developing characters doesn't necessarily have to do with a thorough perspective on reality. They never have been that way, but the problem is, sometimes I'm not too sure where I want to go either. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 12, 2022 03:57:41  #3846

My mind is still thinking of the maximum number of vague thoughts to cause me the maximum amount of pain
But I will leave with a very not-thought-provoking thought

I am not sure if my standards are sky-high or if at this point the Chinese (generally speaking) just do not have standards for acting quality anymore
Watched a 2-minute clip of a very highly rated TV series (not by my own volition, it kinda just started playing for some reason?? cursed) and the only thing it was successful at was making me hate the female lead within the first 10 seconds
It has done something helpful. That is, I've been able to see that I haven't changed much when it comes to hating characters (female characters in particular? I'm not too sure yet). The character traits I dislike include: Stupid, falsely cute/beautiful/talented, cruel to animals/other people, gets everything on a silver platter/has a horrifying measure of plot armor, uses trauma to cover up for own actions, etc.
But mostly "stupid" covers it.
(Of course, this list is perhaps more oriented towards characters on the protagonist side, though it still applies to Lianmei somehow. Wow.)
That singular clip has made me very determined to try to up my game for Xuqiao's character (in both GGaD, F/DA, and also beyond) in regards to how the male lead was "portrayed" (ugh), so let's see how I can fail differently.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 12, 2022 10:37:11  #3847

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

"If that shapeshifter called 'Silence' is lactose intolerant in its human form, does that mean that in its slime form, it'll dissolve when in contact with milk as a slug does when in contact with salt?"

-Galaxian-

I don't like this question, I request a new one

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 12, 2022 17:34:20  #3848

Well too bad Echo-kun, you are definitely not getting a new one (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 12, 2022 18:19:19  #3849

)':

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 13, 2022 14:28:54  #3850

You guys might scoff when I talk about Nursery Rhyme and what she might do to someone hurting children, but please do remember that she is the embodiment of nursery rhymes despite how she looks, and nursery rhymes include ones like "Lizzie Borden had an axe / And gave her mother forty whacks / When she saw what she had done / She gave her father forty one" (literally inspired off a murder)
Dream me might have no morals, but the people in charge of coming up with some of these nursery rhymes might have actually been psychopaths and you cannot convince me otherwise (((:

And now since I have two evil cat ladies who really like children alongside the protector of children/their dreams, I really need to be careful
Maybe I should get rid of some evidence,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 13, 2022 23:01:21  #3851

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

You guys might scoff when I talk about Nursery Rhyme and what she might do to someone hurting children, but please do remember that she is the embodiment of nursery rhymes despite how she looks, and nursery rhymes include ones like "Lizzie Borden had an axe / And gave her mother forty whacks / When she saw what she had done / She gave her father forty one" (literally inspired off a murder)
Dream me might have no morals, but the people in charge of coming up with some of these nursery rhymes might have actually been psychopaths and you cannot convince me otherwise (((:

And now since I have two evil cat ladies who really like children alongside the protector of children/their dreams, I really need to be careful
Maybe I should get rid of some evidence,,,

-Galaxian-

Thinking about this and NR's interactions with Jack and Bunyan, I'd say she's kinda like a protective big sister

Edit: although I'm mostly basing this around one event XD

Last edited by Echo (July 13, 2022 23:01:47)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 13, 2022 23:10:47  #3852

That's exactly what she wants you to think (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 14, 2022 01:09:25  #3853

That is vaguely threatening! :D

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 19:52:32  #3854

Just a reminder to keep your guard up, you never know when it might pay off (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 14, 2022 19:53:38  #3855

I like to think that all versions of Rai are able to do a thing with their voice where they can sound like horror game glitched-out voiceovers
I dunno how to describe it, but think Shimousa Swordmaster voices, I suppose.
Because he's Rai, it doesn't hurt his voice to do so, but it's scary as heck

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 14, 2022 19:57:14  #3856

I had to snip my hair for the third time this season (why it grow so fast? huh??) and so for the past few days my mind has been fixated on trying to imagine Rensa and Xuqiao in summer
It's actually not as difficult for Xuqiao because he's been in modern AUs, but my mind's just having fits with Rensa because it can't even imagine him with a ponytail, not to mention a sweatshirt/shorts ("sworts" lol me trying to type sword by reflex)/tennis shoes
I do need to figure this out soon since he can't be in spirit form all the time in F/DA :') or I guess he could but it'd be boring roleplay-wise :-)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 14, 2022 23:46:08  #3857

Currently humored by the fact that none of the Not-Quad Squad would know how to handle a crying baby
Dion wants to do something else/go somewhere else but is prevented from doing so by the fact that someone is watching his reaction. He stares awkwardly at the baby and then at the bystander like "what do you expect me to do? Something?"
Raez is trying his best but honestly he does not know what to do with anyone crying in general, much less a little kid with a scrunched up face and limited understanding of words
Rai waits for a while like a cat and eventually hands the kid off to someone who actually knows what they're doing. He hovers in the background and tries to learn what they do but to no avail
Wiley is probably the reason why the kid is crying, though the good news is that it probably wasn't intentional. He imitates the worst kid-rearing simulator games but turns out to be way too bony for cuddling and probably ends up handing the baby to Raez at the end. Before then, he tries all the methods he knows and probably ends up carrying the baby to all the rooms in the current residence in the process, making sure that everyone in it knows of his predicament
The funny thing is that he actually tried his best (or at least put a good amount of effort in). And absolutely nothing worked, including what should have worked. 

Sunny is the kind of guy who would hold the baby at arms' length with an absolutely deadpan expression because he's trying to mask his negative emotions about the situation
And Kaori's the guy who's actually pretty good at handling babies and kids. For some reason they just vibe well together

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:24:04  #3858

Tbh I'm torn about how HPA!Sunny and Sollux's family should be developed, like prudently speaking I should definitely split the task with Specter if they are willing to take half of the responsibility, but at the same time it's weird because their "family" is really only talking about one side--Xenia's side, and in GGaD it seems I currently have full responsibility for their development (personality-wise, plot-wise, etc.), so it's kinda weird.
"Maybe you should split development responsibility in GGaD as well Galaxian" well yes but also no because  s e c r e t s

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:25:13  #3859

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I had to snip my hair for the third time this season (why it grow so fast? huh??) and so for the past few days my mind has been fixated on trying to imagine Rensa and Xuqiao in summer
It's actually not as difficult for Xuqiao because he's been in modern AUs, but my mind's just having fits with Rensa because it can't even imagine him with a ponytail, not to mention a sweatshirt/shorts ("sworts" lol me trying to type sword by reflex)/tennis shoes
I do need to figure this out soon since he can't be in spirit form all the time in F/DA :') or I guess he could but it'd be boring roleplay-wise :-)

The easy solution is to just make Berserker wearing the same thing all the time (and having the same long hair all the time) with 0 regard to the weather a personal meme
Hmm.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:29:42  #3860

Lol the joke is that I redesign everyone for AUs, but for Rensa it's just he literally looks the same in all universes, and no I don't care if it's HPA or not, he's just gonna be this man with super long hair and a less angsty backstory wearing robes that are clearly from the xianxia genre and also the pseudo-uncle of two Chinese kids who dress a little less weirdly than him

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:32:29  #3861

It will never be not funny to me how when they have guests over, Xuqiao is always the one to make tea rather than the adult in the room

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:33:33  #3862

Tbh imagine F/DA Berserker had a summoner who's this huge fan of Ancient Chinese culture, and so they summon him and expect him to make tea at some point
But he's not gonna do anything like that unless it's an explicit request so. He just doesn't.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:37:05  #3863

Younger Rensa was literally the opposite of a tryhard

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:53:50  #3864

Sometimes I forget that Brynhild's Beloved is referring to her perception on their sense of justice, not how hot they are
It's a roast either way since I like to think that F/DA Archer would not qualify but then again, Archer hasn't really done anything to me so (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:54:33  #3865

The better way to go about it would be "Hey Wiley if you were in F/GO you wouldn't qualify for the Brynhild's Beloved trait" but somehow that just feels weirder than the other alternative

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 18:00:41  #3866

To be honest none of the RRW Triad would qualify for Brynhildr's Beloved, two of them are literally True Neutral and the last one is shady as heck
Then again I guess it'd be funny if Rai got the trait because of how misleading he can be

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 16, 2022 16:43:53  #3867

Dreamed that Eliza was posting new art of Ryoo and I was so confused because 1) that girl did not look like Ryoo, 2) the style wasn't actually hers lol
I keep dreaming about posts being made on this forum and then waking up to see that they have not been made (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 17, 2022 03:49:51  #3868

Just found out that the Random Page function on the wiki is gone and somehow I am very disappointed about it

Also made a sketch that I didn't think would be a keeper and now I am so conflicted lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 17, 2022 23:48:00  #3869

I accidentally finished my sketchbook without any fanart (for anime, not for others' characters in general lol), so I added some on the back pages (on the side of sketches that I hated) 
Drawing Castoria reminded me of Chronos so now I'm obligated to draw a sketch of Chronos that I will look back at 2 years later and subsequently want to pull out one of my legs for (as for the resemblance, I think it's the magic vibe, the blues, and the hat lol. Maybe the smile too)
This is just making me wonder how Time would react if he had 9 other versions of his sister in the same room as him

Let's just hope I don't sketch Chronos' face like she's a Saberface lol that'd make everything ten times worse

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 17, 2022 23:49:35  #3870

As a bonus I'ma draw Chronos with pigtails(? idk lol just two bunches of hair, like for Castoria) for maximum self-spite

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera