HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2024 13:05:03  #1

[intro] some kinda blue freak is poking about in the forest

More specifically, Moria is lost in a forest. She doesn't remember what this one was called, but manages to stumble onto a road. She walks between some foliage, looking ghastly pale and with a small stick stuck in her hair, before looking around. She nods in the general direction of the people who notice her, before brushing herself off. Weird sort. She doesn't seem to notice the stick in her hair.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 25, 2024 13:44:54  #2

Re: [intro] some kinda blue freak is poking about in the forest

"Ya got a stick in your hair lady." a voice chimed from behind Moria.  It was Fang's voice.  Great, that means trouble is either to come, or is near.  "And how the heck did you get lost so easily?  The forests and sects of Forengard are easy to navigate!...well, for me at least.  Perks of being a Kasani~ I get to have great hearing and nose!" she said oddly cheerfully, looking rather proud of herself.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 25, 2024 13:59:55  #3

Apollo and Ruin pause their mild argument about peanut butter to look over towards Moria and Fang. The two were just taking what Apollo called "a nice walk towards a random adventure", aka they were just wandering around to amuse Apollo.

Apollo calls out to catch attention in his loud and happy voice, "Hello there!"

Ruin's eyebrows furrow as he places his hand on the handle of his sword, not drawing it but being prepared for the potential danger.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 25, 2024 16:29:19  #4

Moria seems to almost instantly flip around to look at Fang. She glares at the startler, before speaking in a firm, yet quiet, voice, "It's rude to sneak up on people. And pointless to brag about something unasked." Less instantly, she stands back in a normal pose, and feels through her hair for the stick.

Somewhat unfortunately, she is distracted by the other two before she can find the stick, and waves at them. "Hi?"

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 25, 2024 22:42:12  #5

Being given a reply, Apollo skips over, Ruin following right behind him.

"Is everything alright? You look well..." He gestures at Moria. "...A bit... shaken! Twig in your hair and all."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 26, 2024 11:38:39  #6

"Oh hey!  You're Ruin and Apollo!  Cor told me about ya two crackers!  What'cha two been up to recently?" Fang said cheerfully, though she momentarily got distracted by her tail and began to chase it...

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 13:13:53  #7

Ruin's eyebrows slightly go up as he thinks. The voice was familiar...

One would have probably heard him mumble out, "Oh... From the store..." but unfortunately Apollo accidentally speaks over him, proudly boasting while warmly pulling Ruin to stand beside him (as Ruin was hanging behind him, and he didn't want Ruin to be excluded or forgotten). Fang chasing her tail didn't stop Apollo from answering.

"Ah, so you have heard word of us! I hope it was all good things! We are doing quite well, I believe. We were off on a path with the hope for an adventure when we saw someone-"

He then again gestures at Moria.

"-Suddenly pop out of the thicket! And now we're here, having this wonderful conversation!"

RIP Moria, this is definitely an... Interesting group to be found by.

Ruin's hand still lingers on his sword.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 26, 2024 13:23:28  #8

"The someone's name is Gravekeeper Moria." Said Moria is more focused on removing the twig in her hair than the conversation around her, but at least she's paying enough attention to say something.

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (January 26, 2024 15:06:25)

January 26, 2024 16:25:53  #9

Fang eventually caught her tail and jumped in sheer glee and looked at Moria and jumped onto her shoulders and yoinked the twig out of her hair and did a fancy and showoff-y backflip and bowed.  "Gravekeeper?  Like Dampe?  COOL!  What kinda bodies do ya look over?" she asked, swinging the twig.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 27, 2024 11:58:20  #10

"Gravekeeper Moria? Oh! What a beautiful name," Apollo says, giving Moria a wink. He then flexes and says, "As you may have caught on, I am the great and wonderful Apollo!"

After a beat, he nudges the very quiet Ruin.

Ruin, tail swishing a bit, plainly says, "My name's Ruin." His hand leaves his sword's handle.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 27, 2024 16:15:30  #11

(not me spending like half an hour in the apparently vain hope of finding apollo's form in a roughly 1000 post pile after sending a reply to confirm if moria wouldn't know about him)

Due to Fang's unasked for theatrics, the bow holding Moria's hair in a ponytail comes loose, as the Gravekeeper herself freezes when faced with the invasion of personal space. After the nuisance backs off, Moria gives Fang a glare that would put her in the grave if Moria was more magical, before deciding to simply ignore the rude one.

Now faced with a new task of putting her hair back together, Moria does not seem to notice Apollo's.... display. "'Great' and 'wonderful'? I suppose I might hear word of your achievements eventually, if you earn those monickers. News doesn't travel fast among the dead, so it could take a while."

January 27, 2024 18:51:14  #12

(iirc Apollo's original form was on the wiki and would be pretty out-dated anyway RIP)

"Of course my Lord has earned such titles," Ruin speaks up quickly, sounding a bit irritated at the idea of Apollo being seen as anything lesser than such.

"Now, now, Ruin. As Moria said, the word doesn't spread fast! However, when it does, I hope the dead say nothing but good things, haha!"

Apollo then quietly reminds Ruin to not be so formal with him.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 28, 2024 17:08:38  #13

Moria tightens her bow into place, before clasping her hands together in front of her. If not for seeing it, it'd probably be hard to believe that she just walked out of an edge of a forest. "Hm, a lord? I wouldn't expect a lord to travel with only one guard, or on foot. Though it would explain why I would not have heard of you even moreso, foreign lords are rarely of topic."

January 28, 2024 19:31:19  #14

Apollo lets out a hearty laugh.

"Lord is only a formality given to me by our teaching! We're actually brothers!"

Ruin cuts in quickly, his face flushing, "Teacher! He's my teacher! We are not brothers!"

Despite his insistence on them not being brothers, Ruin's tail had started wagging the second Apollo had said "brothers".

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 28, 2024 22:52:07  #15

"Cor is a Kyng if that helps things!  So relax lady, also cool bow!  Where did ya get it?  Can I hold it?  Oooo, does it show magic?!" Fang was a little kid again, bounding and running between everyone.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 29, 2024 02:20:57  #16

Moria seems to finally express some form of emotion, besides the moment of contempt, in amusement at the debate of what Ruin and Apollo's relation really is.

She steps back, as Fang begins to bound about, keeping her distance from the. there are only so many ways to describe a character I don't see very often. Anyways, there is an edge in Moria's voice as she addresses Fang, "It does not particularly matter to me whether a no-name is a king, nor do I see why such a claim would make me less frustrated with your unwanted, and needless, invasion of my personal space."

January 29, 2024 09:52:44  #17

Fang stopped mid jump and stared at Moria, her emerald eyes practically had daggers in them.  With an icy cold and blandly rude tone, she replies to her. "Oy, that's rude to say.  I was only trying to help.  If you don't like someone, don't be a jerk and hide it.  It's not like I even intended to come across you."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 29, 2024 13:02:06  #18

Apollo chimed in rather cheerfully, "Now, let us stay civil in our conversation!"

Ruin's hand found the hilt of his sword, and he stepped closer towards and slightly in front of Apollo in a defensive style. It was clear that Ruin would not hesitate to draw his sword if either Moria or Fang lashed out towards Apollo.

Apollo is trying to gently and subtly nudge Ruin back as he says, "We shouldn't turn on each other quickly when we just made acquaintance!"

Last edited by Echowo (January 29, 2024 13:03:28)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 29, 2024 18:23:03  #19

Moria, unfortunately, is stubborn, and continues. She raises her thumb as she says, "I didn't need help," now she's raising her pointer too. Tallying up the reasons Fang screwed up? "I didn't ask for help," middle as well, "Your help only caused another problem," and finally the ring finger, "And very few people are okay with a stranger using them as a set piece for showing off. My shoulders still hurt. Do I need to make my dislike of you any clearer?"

January 30, 2024 10:08:08  #20

Fang leans forward and throws her hands out.  "Yeah, ya do." she says. "You're not gettin' through my skull yet ya nutcase." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 30, 2024 15:56:47  #21

"You both are very good at arguing! That's a very good trait to have," Apollo unconventionally compliments, his voice wavering a little as he's ignored.

He's trying his best, and although he hasn't tried much, he's running out of ideas.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 30, 2024 17:20:33  #22

"Oh thank you!" Fang quickly snaps back rather cheerfully and jumps on her heels a bit and smiles brightly at Apollo.  "You're quite the gentleman aren't ya?  Where do ya come from anyways?  Cor never told me much about you two except that one of you looks like a mole and the other a sunflower."

(Iirc, Cor compares the auras he sees from people to random things.  Like a mole for Ruin, since they are shy, and a sunflower for Apollo since they like attention somehow)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 30, 2024 18:25:06  #23

Moria drops her hand, and sets it on her hip. "Well, that no longer sounds like my problem. There's no point in lingering, if you're only going to be a nuisance." She waves Fang off, before turning her focus back to Apollo and Ruin. "So, I am slightly confused. Should I be expecting to hear of a Lord Apollo's achievements at some point or would it simply be Apollo, no title?"

January 31, 2024 09:57:17  #24

Ruin thinks, A mole? Is this related to how Father Avram calls me 'vermin'?

Apollo, now having attention, confidently puffs out his chest as he tries to answer both questions.

"Ahahaha! I'm not tied down to just a single place, just as I'm not tied down by a single title! I have many names with many variations! Such as-"

Oh boy. Here we go.

"-Apollo, the Great and Wonderful! Apollo, the God of the Shining Sun, the Beautiful Constellations, and the Most Comforting Daydreams! Lord Apollo, Brother and Teacher of the Wonderful and Great Ruin! Apollo, Lord of Wisdom! Apollo, Child and Missonary of The Eye! Apollo, the Child of Gold and Beauty! Apollo the Adventurer! Apollo the Hero!" 

As he's reciting some of his titles, Apollo poses dramatically. Ruin has stepped back for now, giving Apollo room to move around.

Finally, Apollo finishes off his little grand show-off by stating, "And many more titles and names with many of their own variations and words! Of course, it would take all day to tell you all of them, so I will grant the mercy of sparing you from me having to say all of them!"

He then quickly adds on, "Oh, and I suppose there's the chance you may hear my name without a title, however that isn't something that happens often!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 1, 2024 11:12:46  #25

"Wow, you act like Cor..." Fang said, rather defeated after the rather...grand entrance Apollo made. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 1, 2024 17:11:46  #26

Moria seems to regret her question by the second title. "I'll... try to remember the ones you listed then. I had thought my two had been a bit too much, but I see now how long those lists can grow."

February 1, 2024 17:48:15  #27

"Grow they can indeed! I'm sure there's many more that I haven't even heard myself! But that's a whole other ordeal!"

Finally, Apollo rests his hands on his hips, standing proudly. If one was to compare him to anything, he looks like a giant rooster, especially with how his large, raven-like wings have puffed up from him moving around so excitedly.

He pauses for a moment before seemingly remembering something, taking a breath and asking Moria, "Say, if it isn't rude of me to ask, why did you, well-" He tilted his head towards the forest. "-Pop out of the thicket so suddenly? And forgive my bluntness, but you had a ghoul's complexion!"

Ruin adds in, "He's asking if something was chasing you."

"Yes, thank you, dear Ruin! Of course, with how leisurely we are right now, if something was chasing after you, I doubt it has chosen to stick around! Maybe it sensed my heroic aura and fled, haha!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 1, 2024 19:05:50  #28

"Yeah!  That might have been me!  I was following her because...well I kinda...errrr, got lost a bit chasing after a squirrel..." Fang said rather sheepishly.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 1, 2024 20:21:27  #29

Moria thinks about it for a moment before simply saying, "I saw a bird. The bird flew faster than I could run. It is not ideal to run through the unmarked wild without a goal in sight. As for my paleness, it is a typical mark for the Graven."

February 3, 2024 04:08:28  #30

"Ohh, I see! Apologies for my ignorance! I am quite relieved to hear that you both are just lost, then!"

Apollo gives his usual award-winning, warm smile.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera