HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2024 18:38:34  #61

Re: [SbS] Washed ashore, you dig...

"Um, Caligo, I would refrain from eating someone else's food that isn't yours. You'll have a homecooked meal tonight made by Fang and I, if you want something to graze on like a wild animal, I would be more than happy to show you to a stable..." Flare said, an icy tone following his voice, as he went upstairs, his footsteps echoing around the house.  
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Pardon me, but...are you looking for something to read?" a voice said softly, beside Aestus.  Clearly a females voice.  "I was immediately able to tell you lack sight just as our Kyng does.  My name is Infinity, I am the Kyngs head of the Knights.  May I help you get comfortable?" Infinity's voice rang soft and kind.  It was hard to tell if she was saying this out of being nice, or if she understand the hardships of having to guide the blind around.

On the OTHER hand....
---------------------------------------

"Oi!  Fatty, stop eating my stuff!" a voice chimed, from below Caligo.  "Don't ya know it's rude to go through someone's food?!  Didn't your parents teach ya any freaking manners?" A young girl was staring right at Caligo.  Her emerald eyes had daggers of annoyance and rage in them.  She wasn’t happy at all that someone was raiding her stuff.  This 5’6 girl had silver hair styled in a rooty stacked bob.  Some highlights of light red roots were easily able to peer through, but otherwise no notable features were here.  Her outfit was rather simple, consisting only of a grey tanktop with black cargo shorts going barefoot around the house.  A small silver ring with an emerald enlaied in it decorated her right ring finger and shined lightly.  The most striking feature of her was the tail she wore rather proudly.  Being long, and a mix between fluffy and smooth, it was rather nicely tripped and kempt well.  Any other animalistic features she is keeping hidden, but slight signs of claws seem to slightly take place of her fingernails, but you’re sure you just saw things.  Her lightly tanned skin showed sighs of being out in the sun often, but not often enough.

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 25, 2024 18:52:03  #62

Aestus startled and almost dropped the book they had in hands, she feel like the difficulty of feeling this world’s magic will be more of a problem then initially thought.

"Well, it is lovely too meet you. I am not sure I could even read even if do find a book made for the blind. But thanks you regardless" Aestus politely nodded in Infinity’s direction.

——————————

"Hmmm nope, don’t even have parents. Not unless you count the person who made me my parents, in which case they pretty much abandoned me at birth." Caligo said all this with a smile, getting off the counter, because she was just told not to eat the food, they were surprise to see the girl was taller than him, but that doesn’t stop them "what if I already ate everything?" She said, lying but smirking playfully.

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 18:57:00  #63

"Well, we do have a extensive braille collection.  Some are even enchanted with magic for easier reading if you prefer.  I'm sure I could help you somehow." Infinity said and gently led Aestus to the couch and sat next to her.  "What's your name anyways?" she asked.  

------------------------------

"YOU PARASITE!" she roared, Infinity perked her head up and silenced Fang, who yelped and put her hand over her mouth.  "How dare you--"

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 19:05:33  #64

Aestus reluctantly sat on the couch, so much for avoiding being social.
"Aestus-" just at that moment they hear Fang scream from the others room after infinity peaked her head out Aestus began apologising "I am sorry that’s probably my gremlin causing chaos, as usual…"

——————————

Caligo chuckles as Fang was silently scolded, running past her to explore the rest of the house, silently taking note of Aestus’s voice coming from the sunroom as they passed it.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 19:09:24  #65

(Yes, I know no one knows what Infinity looks like, it's mostly due to Aestus' sake.  Ya know, since she's blind and all...) 

Infinity sighed deeply.  "Misery loves company..." she said under her breath.  "Anyways, please let me know if there's anything I can do for you Aestus." 

--------------------------

"Hey!  Get back here!  Ya freaking hunk of stupid!" Fang said, chasing after Caligo, out the kitchen and into the small garden they had outside.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 19:15:41  #66

(I get i will probably know when Caligo inevitably meet her)

"Thanks you." Aestus said, finally getting to pick a book, hopefully it’s an interesting on.

——————————

"It’s not my fault you aren’t fast enough!" Caligo teased, once in the garden, they spotted a tree and flew right into it, perching themself in a high but thick branch, out of breath and tail wagging they looked down at Fang, this is fun! He think.

(If there are no tree I can change that scene)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 19:26:44  #67

"Ah, "Tales of Ginj.  That's an interesting one you picked.  Ginj was a scholar who researched how plants can affect the flow of magic around Arithnia.  Do enjoy it.  I'll be attending to Crimson in the meantime.  I'll be back Aestus." Infinity said and excused herself and went upstairs. 

--------------------------------

As Fang ran our the door she suddenly stopped and had a mortified expression on her face.  Her body stiffened and she changed her posture straight and looked at Caligo in the eyes.  "Get off that tree.  I will kill you if you do not." she said, nothing but pure malice escaped her mouth.  If one was even skilled enough, you could see a silver and purple fire-like aura surround her feet, as if ready to help spring her at Caligo.  

------------------------------------

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 19:32:44  #68

Aestus only nodded in response, flow of magic uh? Maybe that could help.

——————————

Caligo was surprised but the sudden change and quickly got off the tree, using their wings to soften their fall.
"Sorry, is that tree special?" They said looking at said tree, he is not as good as feeling magic as Aestus but she wouldn’t be surprised to find a special tree here, they had one too afterall.

Last edited by LazyOwlViolet (January 25, 2024 19:44:09)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 20:06:50  #69

Fang growled at Caligo and pushed past him and examined the tree where he jumped on...no harm was done to the branches or trunk.  Next she went behind the tree and examined something.  While watching,  a small pedal of pink dropped in front of Caligo.  This was a cherry blossom tree, and behind it, unknown to Caligo, was a rusted ornate katana, it's blade warped between if it's straight and curved could perplex anyone.  The guard was a pure gold, inlaid with a string of silver and decorated with a dragon circling it.  Even more impressive was it's rather simple handle made of a worn, but still fresh red ribbon textures in a rough pattern, similar to a sharks skin.  Between the wrapping was diamond shaped inlays of gold.  Finally the hilt was nothing short of the best part of the blade.  While once more coated in gold, its details were impossible to be made by any hand, it detailed a story of a man who sacrificed everything, his humanity, his home and himself, to restore the people he had killed.  Fang carefully examined it, making sure to not disturbs it's place.  As Caligo looked around the small garden, he could tell it was well maintained.  The garden, lined only in a very small area, likely a 75 square foot cube.  The outline of the garden was decorated with bushes and beautiful flowers of all sorts.  It's clear that aesthetic wasn't the goal here, but to act as a beautiful resting place where vivid colors would appeal to anyone.  And while there are no places to sit, a few mats were rolled up and laid very carefully next to the gardens entrance.  Beyond this garden was a beautifully made gravestone overlooking the same cliff that Aestus and Caligo came from.  The katana was facing that grave...

--------------------------------------------

Infinity knocked on the door gently and walked in, careful to not wake the sleeping Kyng.  She closed the door as soft as she could and say next to Flare.  The room itself was not big, only about a 3 yard cube.  The entrance to the door to the south, with Crimsons bed sitting to the left of the door with a nightstand on either side.  Infinity and Flare sat on the floor to the east of Crimson's bed along with another person. 

"How is he?" Infinity asked softly.  Flare sighed lightly and shook his head.  "We'll have to wait until Aster can come.  Until then, Azure as been here day and night with Fang keeping watch." he replied, just as soft as Infinity asked.  The man in the northern corner walked over to the other two and sat in front of them.  "The Scale Rust isn't moving too fast, but it's concerning at most.  Keeping him in bed and away from the activity is good.  But it's not foolproof.  Like Flare said, we need to wait for Aster.  I already sent him a message...but it will be another day until he comes." Azure said, finishing his small report to the two.  Both Infinity and Flare began to make smalltalk about their day to Azure. 

(By the way, Azure = Agni.  Azure is just his formal name.)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 09:01:43  #70

Caligo looked with fascination around the garden, especially at the tree, this place remind him of a grove back home, where many blood and magic were spilled, but from it came a tree and new life with it. This place has a similar melancholy. That things were bad but they are ok now. that it will be ok.

"This place is special isn’t it?" He asked, more to himself than Fang, they hadn’t realised they were crying, too lost in thought about her own world, maybe it will be ok, they think, imagining that the war stopped and they were all happy again.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 11:25:30  #71

Fang didn't bother to reply.  You didn't have to be a genius to see she is not only disturbed, but rather mad.  "If you're not going to respect the boundaries and rules we have, as well as the things we warm you about, then you have no place in our world.  Of all the people I've known, you're the first to ever ignore a direct warning.  Go back into the house before I decide to stain the earth with your blood." she softly replied, an ever-icy tone filled her voice and seemingly echoed in the open-air garden.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 12:54:11  #72

Caligo rushed back to the house, he knew he clearly messed up, again. They seems to only be doing that since they got here. First the tombs, now this tree, why can’t he get things right for once?

It reminded her of their first few years of life. Just wanting to help, explore and have fun only to mess everything up. Quietly, she went in the sunroom, pass Aetsus, and curled up in a corner, can’t mess up f I don’t move right?, they thought,

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 13:05:51  #73

After a good and long hour, Fang came back inside and quietly went back upstairs.  A quick few words with Flare could easily be heard, but what they were saying was almost impossible to tell.  A sigh coming from Flare softly echoed as Fang went along her business.  The man dressed in flames came into the sunroom and looked at the reading Aestus and the curled up Caligo.  He walked over to the bookshelf and took out a smaller book, likely a notebook or something of the like.  He gently opened the cover and read something, likely a passage.  "Mistakes are made and lessons are learned, trouble not yourself with the things you have done wrong, but the things you can do right." he read and just as gently as he opened the book, he closed and placed it back on his shelf.  "Aestus mistake was not paying attention to their surroundings and getting spooked by Mistress Infinity and refusing her help.  Caligo's was rather more extreme, with violating a memorial garden.  However, no harm was done, therefore a lesson is learned.  If someone wishes to help you, will you not accept it?  And if someone tells to you be careful, will you not do so?  This is why I advised you two to listen and obey before we came in.  You both have caused a commotion in some way to different people.  All is forgiven, but please listen next time." he said quietly and softly, the words he spoke gave a gently echo in the sunroom.  Flares expression was mixed both with pity and sadness.  Anyone would be able to tell he had been crying earlier.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 13:58:49  #74

Aetsus snapped their book close "I was paying attention, your magic is different then what I used to is all." He retorted "I don’t need her help either, I spend more than 3 millennia just fine on my own and I will spend the next 3 perfectly fine as well." She added, the temperature rose drastically around them "and no one bothered to tell Cal about the garden being off limit so how were they supposed to know!" They finished and slap the book on the table, looking right toward Flare. Unseeing eyes piercing his soul.

Caligo had uncurled themself and come over to the couch, putting a hand on Aestus shoulder so they stopped glaring at Flare, turning her gaze to the table instead, before they, themselves, looked at Flare "…are you ok?" He started, seeing the telltale sighs the other had been crying "…is Fang mad at me?" The moon was hesitant to ask that, alreayd guessing the answer. Aestus opened a wing to cover Caligo with for comfort.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 14:28:14  #75

Flare made no movement, nor motion as wishing to respond.  He turned around and began to walk to the kitchen.  All the while small bits of ice began to lightly coat over Aestus and turn to mist, which began to gather in a small ball....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 14:46:39  #76

Caligo was dejected, he sat defeated on the couch next to Aetsus, who simply tucked them in their wing to comfort them before taking their book back to finish reading, not even feeling the small bits of ice forming and dissipating off her.

"…you could ask for help" Caligo said, brushing some of the ice of Aetsus "I do ask" they responded "..from someone other than me" Caligo replied. Aestus didn’t respond to that.

(They are sad and fucked up in their own way)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 15:02:49  #77

(Don't worry, everyone has their own stories to tell.  Even my happy-go-lucky Fang.)

"Boundaries are necessary.  Regardless if you think you did something right or not.  Flare is a hard man to read and understand.  He only wishes the best for Crimson.  I would say something like, 'cool your jets' but I'm pretty sure that my magic is already doing that." Agni said, snickering at his own jest. 

A rather tall man rounded the sunrooms door.  Standing at a great 5'10, his eyes carried a beautiful azure color that seemed to carry his emotion, colored slightly dark.  His blue-silver hair was hastily done into a messy bun and his face showed severe signs of lack of sleep or maybe even insomnia.  A rather nasty and short gnash seemed to split his left eyebrow  and showed amazing signs of having healed very well.  A small earring that looked like a piece of obsidian shaped into a dagger decorated his left lobe and was rather well made.  Agni wore a rather nice dark blue and black tuxedo suit without a tie and the top two buttons undone, showing a small, or maybe large scar that reached partly to his neck.  His blazer was rather wrinkly, clearing having been sat on or thrown in a corner.  In his left hand he held a pair of black leather loafers, likely loaned from Flare.  Lastly a beautiful aquamarine ring decorated his left middle finger, shining specks of white and blue reflecting off of it.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 15:21:17  #78

(I didn’t mean for them to be this bad, it just kinda happened, but hey! That’s what rp is for, characters development)

Caligo peaked out of Aestus wing to look at the newcomer "you look tired, like Flare" he stated, "who are you?" They asked, still tucked in their feathery ‘blanket’

Aestus didn’t engage in the conversation but did listen in, she feels, they had enough interacting for today.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 15:24:49  #79

(Anything can happen in Arithnia...regardless if you want it to or not.  It's a very freeing world.) 

Agni laughed weakly and slowly and slumped down onto the door.  "Name's Agni.  I'm Infinity's second in command.  Officially I am the jack-of-all-trades when it comes to magic..." he said, softly, closing his eyes with a smile on his face.  For a moment the whole house went quiet, and Flare walked over and handed a bowl of what looked to be simple noodles in broth to Agni, who took it with a shaking hand and nodded his head.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 15:42:49  #80

(That is very nice actually. i guess Genesis is a little bit the opposite, very fucked up world because two gods couldn’t get along so everyone is stuck following on their whims)

Caligo silently watched, slowly retreated under the sun’s wing as Flare entered the room. Aestus just made sure their wing did cover the moon completely before closing their book, having finished it, and placed it on the table with a sigh.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 15:59:43  #81

(Sounds like a hell of a time!)

Agni sipped some of the broth and sighed shakily.  "Spoon?" he said, Flare was already on it, handing it to him very carefully and lightly bowing.  Agni smiled faintly and thanked Flare once more.  The whole atmosphere of the house seemed...somber, compared to the lively personalities of the person who inhabit it.  As Agni slowly ate, one could see his body shaking slightly.  Agni looked at the ball of mist above Aestus and looked back at his food.  Almost immediately as he did, does the mist form a nice silver blanket that wraps around Agni.  Even the ice around Aestus vanished completely and gave her wings a small shine.  

Fang soon came down the stairs and walked over to Flare and whispered something in his ear.  Whatever it was, Flare nodded and poured a bowl of soup for someone too.  Likely Crimson himself.  With a tray, not only holding the bowl, but a small cup full of pills, very much over 20 oral pills anyone would be able to tell, as well as some crackers and a small cup of water and what looked to be something chocolate.  Fang took this well made food and slowly walked back upstairs and vanished.  

"Aestus, Caligo, please come sit at the bar." Flare called to them, his voice calm and quiet.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 16:25:44  #82

Aestus sighed, and tried to see if Caligo would let go of her, when it was clear they wouldn’t, Aestus simply put a hand under her and carried him over to the bar. It was a little easier to navigate now that they understood a little better how this world magic worked, that book was helpful in the end.

(Going on the assumption Arithnia’s magic is different from Genesis’s magic)

They sat at the bar, well Aestus sat at the bar, Caligo sat on Aestus’s laps, still refusing to let go of them.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 16:28:15  #83

(Arithnias magic works to adapt and work parallel to others magic.  Think of it trying to be on equal grounds.)

"What would you two like to eat?  Everyone but you two have their share of food." he asked, putting a white apron on.  His eyes and face showed signs of worry, but at the same time, a calmness to it.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 16:38:30  #84

(Oooo, neat! Genesis magic is part of everything, think how our world is pretty much made of carbon, same but with magic, that’s why Aestus has trouble sensing people, they are use to having a strong signal, since magic is so potent. Here, I guess it’s not nearly as strong)

"I doubt you would know any of the meals we prefer…so surprise us?" Aestus asked hesitantly, Caligo hummed in agreement.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 16:42:25  #85

(Interesting!  And because of the stronger presence of Veils for all Arithnians, it's hard for them to navigate too.)

Flare dug something from below, likely a cabinet for a recipe book.  "I can sear and grill some steaks of meat in general if you like, unless you prefer something else?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 16:56:16  #86

(Ooo yes! That wouldn’t help)

"well Cal does like-"Aestus started "you got steaks*?!?!" Caligo interrupted, nearly climbing on the bar before Aetsus grabbed him by the horn to bring her back.

"Sorry, I guess that will be a yes for those please." Aestus finished. Keeping Caligo off the bar.

"Out of curiosity, what phase is this moon in today?" Aestus asked.

(*They don’t have cow, but a similar species, by that I mean a fused species of cow and ummm idk yet maybe coyote for the pun, cowyote)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 17:04:02  #87

(That is hands down the funniest thing I've heard!  A COWYOTE HAHA!) 

"Calm down please.  Everyone is tired.  Please do be quiet too.  I know you're excited, but...please..." Flare said slightly disheartened.  "Yes, we have steaks...our world takes a lot from Earth and it's people.  Arithnia is born from one of the humans there.  But this is another story for someone else like Crimson or Aster to explain better.  And to answer your question Aestus, it should be a waning moon tonight.  I am sorry.  I am aware that your power derives off the lunar body, but it will have to wait."

Flare replied to both of them and from the fridge took out a small bag of steaks, it looked to be about 4 in the bag.  "How do you want them grilled and seasoned?  Any sauces or sides to go with them?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 17:20:18  #88

(I am glad! One more to the creature list at least)

Caligo finally settled down, Aestus still kept them pinned against her just in case, not because he want at to stay close of course not.

"Sorry about that, …what is ‘urth’? Never mind I am guessing this Crimson will explain." Aestus sighed
"waning…that explain why am tired" Caligo said with a yawn
"I am guessing rare for Cal, medium for me please." Aestus said, putting a hand over Caligo’s mouth before they could start screaming about wanting their steak raw and bleeding. Again.
"They will most likely be out cold for the duration of the new moon. Don’t worry if you can’t wake her in the meantime" Aestus explained.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 26, 2024 17:25:30  #89

Flare silently nodded and began to work on the steaks.  Around an hour later they were finished.  Silently handing the places to each of them as well as a glass of water he bowed and took his apron off and set in in a drawer.  "We have two spare bedrooms, unless you two prefer to share one, I can accommodate your preferences as you wish and need.  But please, while you are upstairs, I beg you on behalf of Crimson, please do be as quiet as you can."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 26, 2024 17:37:50  #90

Aestus nodded, as silent thanks, as he started to eat, cutting the meat into small bite size
"Cal will probably pass out as soon as they hit the bed, don’t worry" Aestus said in between bites

Caligo forgo cutlery to eat with their hand, surprising not making a mess. Devouring that steak in only a few bites

(they are both omnivore but have different diet, Caligo being mainly a carnivore while Aestus is mainly a herbivore. Cal can just, devour that steak easily but Aestus need to cut it. Just small detail I liked)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

Board footera