HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2024 19:07:26  #31

Re: [SbS] Washed ashore, you dig...

(Is Aestus awake too?  Whenever you have multiple characters on the "screen" so to speak, it's important to make sure that if they do something, you say it, otherwise people will think that their last action taken will have kept them there.)

"Those burial stones you so happened to take were the ashes of the dead.  Mr. Korusagi himself etched runes of their life into them.  The fallen of our city serve as our base which to build upon.  Better said, we literally built...or well Crimson built, this whole city out of the ashes of the dead.  Grim, yes, but practical all the more." Flare explained, drawing invisible lines in the air to help explain.  However, seeing the faces on Caligo he knew he wasn't getting to far.  "Perhaps I should say that Aster is like our...doctor of sorts for our city...and yes, you'll meet Crimson himself later.  It is late so he is asleep right now.  But these matters aside, I'm more curious about what defines you as "gods of moon and sun".  Arithnia has no gods so to speak, so hearing the word "god" is rather offputting to some."

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 24, 2024 19:24:00  #32

(Aestus is still passed out, I can have they snore lightly if mentioned, so it’s clear they are sleeping?)

"That sound, sad" he isn’t sure what else to say about such, a strange way of respecting their deaths.

"I, never thought about what define a god." He sat down to think

"…we… are the thing we are god of I suppose." She start
"but we also, protect it… it’s also, where we draw power from, we are it and it is us" he tries to explain
"I am the moon, well, not that moon" they say pointing at the one in the sky "but the one back home. It’s strange to be separated from it honestly." They admitted

He points to Aestus, who is snoring lightly "they are the sun, I wouldn’t advise touching them right now, for, I hope, obvious reason, with your sun down he got too tired, so now he is sleeping to conserve energy"

Caligo smiles as they see Aestus shift slighly to put a wing under his head.

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 20:20:56  #33

(Nope, it's alright, I was just curious!  I RP with multiple characters, so I trust ya!)

"To me, it is just another day...but to people like Lady Fang and Crimson, it's hard to get over.  But nonetheless, do not concern you with such things please.  And concerning you..."godhood" I suppose to call it...I don't know how it would affect Arithnia, but considering you're able to use a form of materialization for your weapons, I'd say you're both doing well...least for now.  Now onto your questions.  First of all, yes, that bird was me.  Perhaps I never said, but I am a Phoenix, a legendary bird given immortality of sorts.  Secondly, yes, this world is called Arithnia.  Lastly, yes, you should be able to use your wings and whatever magic you have TO A DEGREE.  Arithnia is a special world.  It learns from the inhabitants of it, so part of your magic may be less or greatly weakened than in your home world since it's absorbing it to try and make heads or tails of it.  If it decided to like your magic, it will return to its normal power.  If not, well you'll have to take a weaker magic while you're here..."

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 21:11:25  #34

"Oh! That is interesting!" His tail was wagging?

"We have Phoenix too but they aren’t birds! And they are also immortals, but if you ask me it’s in a very fucked up way, dying than healing and waking up as if everything is fine despite the trauma. it give me the creeps." She shivers just thinking about it.

"And that explain some things, our magics has been weird, but we never use it fully so it shouldn’t be too bad? My body is fucked up enough I shouldn’t notice the difference honestly." They started walking around while talking.

"Did you make the weird barrier too? And put us here, why here? I mean the view is pretty and all but still!" They complained while walking around on the rocks near the waves.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 21:29:30  #35

"It's not as bad as many think.  It could be worse.  I think the idea of dying over and over again all while losing your memory is worse." Flare said, pacing around.  He pulled out his watch.  Sunrise was soon to come, and not a minute sooner.  "If you're in need of any treatment, it would be wise to have Aster check both of you out.  He is very good at...whatever he does.  I'm not to sure..." Flare began to lose himself in thought but quickly snapped out of it.  "And yes, I am the one who created the dome.  It's a special Veil I have.  I can project it into a small area as long as I keep sight of the object.  It's not that hard.  As for the location...well, it's easy to see from afar, and hard to been seen the same way.  I had the advantage here over you two.  And besides, getting otherworldly visitors is not uncommon here, but it never hurts to be careful.  

(I should have asked this earlier, but are you ok with depictions of some gore, nudity, and crude language/cursing?)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 21:45:01  #36

(Yeah I think so? Am probably going to bed soon tho, just in case)

"I hope your world isn’t suffering too much from it, that dome is pretty cool! I wonder if could recreate it hmmm" they thought about it, looking at the horizon slowly gaining colours

"There will be two sun rising today, eh" he snorted as their own joke, looking over at Aestus to see them gently awaken.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 21:49:07  #37

(Meh meh!  Go sleep!  Give me a fresh answer in a fresh day!)

"That is yet to be seen Caligo.  I would wake up Aestus.  Sun is here and we have people to meet.  And no, you can't recreate the dome.  Arithnias rules are different than you think.  Eventually you'll see what I mean."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 08:23:02  #38

(I liiiiiiiive, and can confirm I am ok with gore eye my old art book with suspicion, ok with nudity and cursing, for that last one I was trying not too because I didn’t if it was ok in the forum, I forgot if it was or not)

"We’ll see about that." Caligu say before running to Aestus and gently shaking him awake

"Hey" the moon said to the sun as the latter sat up "hiiii" Aestus yawned as he greeted

"Anything interesting happened while I slept?" They asked looking the vague direction of Caligo’s voice

"I think I made a friend! They’re a Phoenix but not the kind we have back home, the cool giant flaming bird kind! Oh! he put a dome on us that why we couldn’t fly! because…I didn’t follow why he did that actually" she recalled his adventures during the night to them.

Aestus just looked at them blankly, not sure if they were making it up, had a weird dream or if all that actually happened while he slept.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 10:19:43  #39

(It's always good to ask someone when it comes to these things.  Some people are fine with it, some aren't.  Oh and as for the nudity, nothing sexual in nature, just mentions of being shirtless, simple things like that.  No 50 Shades stuff.)

The man waved and walked over and crouched down, smiling warmly as the blankets of fire vanished into thin air.  "Hello, you must me Aestus.  I am Flare, the advisor to Kyng Crimson.  As of right now, you are on the coastline of Arithnias main continent.  Which has many names for it depending on who you ask.  Commonly we just called it Arithnia, after our world since it's easy for everyone.  Our city is called Hanai, which resides on the cliff you have seen.  And as for the dome.  I had to put it over you to prevent anything from going sour.  You two are new to Arithnia, and I have never seen you, so it's merely a safety precaution.  Well that and to prevent you from digging anything else up...but no mind that, might you have any questions for me?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 11:06:42  #40

(It’s always best to ask!)

Aestus startled at the voice, not expecting someone to be so close.
"Well um, nice to meet you?" She said hesitantly facing the voice, and extended a hand roughly in the directing they think Flare is.

Caligo gently pushed their hand so it face Flare a little more properly "I think we’re meeting more people after" the moon gently whispered to the sun, the latter trying to keep a neutral face even his ear twitched.

(It do be better to rp while awake, Caligo forgot tell Flare Aestus can’t see I think, and Aestus is not thrilled about people, poor sun)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 11:12:37  #41

"Ah, I do apologize,  I didn't realize that you were blind.  That is my fault.  I do hope I didn't startle you too much." Flare said, immediately noticing Aestus' reaction, as if he was familiar with it himself. He back up a bit and bowed.  "Praytell, might you see in other ways aside from visually?  If needed, I am sure I can make your travel around Arithnia a lighter burden.  Just ask and I shall deliver."

With another quick bow of respect, Flare smiled softly at Caligo.  "Are you hungry?  Either of you?  I'm sure I could ask Master Azure to cook up enough for two more if needed." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 11:38:08  #42

Aestus relaxed slighly, pulling their hand back on’c they realise this person wouldn’t shake their hand
(I forgot to forgot to put it was to shake, oops)

"It’s quite alright, I usually navigate by sensing magic" she gently tugged at one of their antenna before letting go "with these, but mostly, I rely on my seeing eye gremlin over there" they gesture to Caligo

Caligo, meanwhile was quite excited about the proper of food "we don’t need to eat but it’s still nice to! I wonder what kind of food is here." They were running around the area, much more at ease to just relax and have fun now.

Aestus smiled at his moon’s antics and finally got up, hoping their height isn’t too intimidating to Flare "Cal said we’re meeting others, is that correct?"

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 11:46:15  #43

"Aye, that would be correct.  Lady Fang and Kyng Crimson for the most part.  However you will likely meet many others too.  I will spare the needless names for now.  But I believe that you would both get along with Crimson and Fang well.  As much as I nearly regret to say.  They are...odd, in my opinion.  But nevertheless, they are family.  And as for meals, I'm sure we could tailor something to your needs." Flare clapped his hands and looked at the cliff.  "And Aestus, if needed, I can change my trail for you to follow if it's too much or little.  So please, do tell me." he said. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 11:59:00  #44

Aestus nodded, unsure of what a trail was but nevertheless
"Thanks you, but I think I will be fine for now." They tried to stay polite, he just, can’t trust this person, she just met him for Clockwork’s sake! But Caligo trust him so he will try.

Both opened their wings ready to flight up "I am assuming we are going up, do you have a way there?" Aestus said to Flare, Caligo had taken an early start but clung unto the side of the cliff to wait for the others once she realise they hadn’t moved yet.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 12:07:00  #45

Flare shook his head and sighed.  "Eager aren't we Caligo?  You two are more than welcome to fly up.  I've got to make sure the tombs haven't been disorganized..." he said, rather venomously ending his sentence.  Still rather annoyed.  "I'll meet you two up there in a moment.  So please feel free to start heading to the town.  Though, I do highly recommend you walk.  It's about a 20 minute walk to the entrance.  Once you get there, please, please, please, listen to the Blood Knights..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 12:29:51  #46

Caligo was a little embarrassed at the reminder of his unintentional grave robbing,

But they and Aestus were immediately on alert when Flare mentioned the knights

"The what knights" Aestus inquired, already summoning a weapon.

(Might need context, but probably will get to explain next message)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 12:59:06  #47

"Calm down.  The Blood Knights are like out royal guard.  They are named that due to the armor they wear, which bears the color of blood.  I wouldn't get on their bad side.  Your magic wouldn't work on them, I can tell you that much..." Flare said, warningly.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 13:11:01  #48

Aestus perhaps spend a few seconds more than necessary to decide if this was the truth, before making his weapon disappear

"Right. Just a colour. My apologie., but, I wouldn’t underestimate us if I were you. You don’t know what we can or cannot do." She said, his eyes glowing brightly for just a brief second, before taking off, Caligo following them soon after. Flying up and above the cliff.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 13:42:15  #49

Flare watched the two and huffed. "You two are in Crimson's territory. This isn't as east as it looks." he thought to himself and vanished into the cave systems, checking every small stone and placing them back. A simple task thankfully since he was the one who organized them. Before he finished his job he claps his hands together and whispers something that makes the stones glow a light orange in response. Satisfied, Flare leaves in a spire of flames, well ahead of Aestus and Caligo.

By the time the two even arrive at Hanai, they are greeted in a shocking way. Flare said it was a city, but it's just a small town. Very much a Victorian layout with the housing and streets. It was small enough that everyone just walked around. The people walking around had all sorts of animal traits to their bodies, and even the ones who didn't were either just hiding it, or we're regular as far as the two were concerned. At the gate, a very simple stone and large metal gated hallway, led into the town. A odd number of Blood Knights, who you sees as...very intimidating, their heavy plate armor was graciously inlayed with gold, some armor look more ornate, some looked more heavily plated, and some looked...rather mechanical at times. Regardless they all stood motionless. watching Aestus and Caligo with stone-faced helms. It was hard for them to detect traces of magic, or even eyes for all that matters.  They held no weapons in their hands, but anyone could easily sees the swords on their hips and backs.  Some holding spears, but only a few holding nothing.  As you scan them, you can easily count about 7 Knights alone at the gate, with more possibly inside.  

As the two stopped, the Blood Knights only moved out of the way, for them to be welcomed into the city...town...of Hanai. Flare stood off to the side, dressed much more nicely now. His attire was more formal.  Along with his black t-shirt and was now a pair of black jeans, which had been nicely ironed and wearing what look to be dark brown–almost black, loafers. Over his shirt he is wearing a white dress vest with ornate gold buttons and a silver chain to a pocket in front, likely his pocket watch.  Though despite these changed he still wore his trademark orange-red duster coat with a collar of a red with gold trim. He looks at the two with his amber-gold eyes shining in the rising sun with a small smile. Even his hair with his bright red with yellow tips to give off an illusion like it’s almost on fire. He bows low and greets Aestus and Caligo.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 14:02:04  #50

(They are from a mediaeval-like era, so it’s probably just a normal sized city to them)

They flew most of the way, only setting on foot once they started getting close to the city.

Caligo describe all the architecture and all the details he could see to Aestus, the latter remarked that it must be an important city if there are so many guards just at the gates.

"Hey! How did you have time to change and get here before us?!" Caligo asked incredulous (?)

"I, apologise for overreacting earlier, Caligo said that, while the guards are quite intimidating, they are very much not who we thought they were, the name misled us." Aestus explain apologetically, ignoring Caligo’s statement for now.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 14:33:19  #51

Flare laughed gently, a small smirk crawling over his face.  "That is fine, a name like 'Blood Knights' would throw anyone off." He said, laying his attention on Aestus before turning to a curious Caligo.  "That my friend is a good question.  Here is Hanai, I am in my 'element' so to speak.  I can do a lot more than one may see me for.  A change of clothing, however, is as simple as putting it on, no magic used there.  You two walked at a slower pace, while I used a special...teleportation (?) magic to get here if you want to call it.  As you may have remembered Caligo, I had appeared before you as a spire-puddle, I used the same magic to get here."  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 16:27:56  #52

"Oh right! I wondered what that was about" Caligo said mostly to themself

"Where are the ones we need to meet?" Aestus started "we have avoided towns so far, we have no idea how, odd, we might look here." The sun finished

"Hey, what species live here? They look strange" Caligo asked Flare, while looking around at the, to them, odd inhabitants

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 16:40:51  #53

"Crimson and Fang, the Kyng and Lady of Hanai respectively, live more in the center of the town.  the layout is like a half circle if you want to say.  The outer buildings are more for guests and visitors, the middle are for market and really shopping, while the inner is main housing for residents.  Then you have the empty center, where Lady Fang, Kyng Crimson, Master Azure and Mistress Infinity all reside.  Sometimes Lord Aster too, if he so pleases to stop by.  And if ever possible, we have our local blacksmith under our roof, her name is Shard, however I don't have a title for her.  In any case, I'm sure all questions you have can be answered easily, so please, do ask away." Flare continued to ramble lightly about the history of Hanai, something that wasn't too clear to either of Aestus or Caligo.  Maybe asking someone else would help.  

As the trio walks around the marketplace, picking up some food and various meats and fruits for later, Flare begins to speak more about the main building where Crimson is in, a building that's called rather oddly the "Castle of Ash".  But he only mentioned a name, and nothing more before going back to other people.  

"...As for anyone else you may meet and I call by their titles,  please do no call them by the titles I do, they really do not like them...at all.  A shame since they fit so well.  But, a simple matter like that needs to more attention.  As for the inhabitants of this world, the ones you see around with animalistic traits, bodies, and the like, they are called Kasani, the ones that can hide these traits are called the Kasaki.  Confusing I am aware, but you will be easily forgiven if you refer to either as Kasani, being you two as foreigners, many will forgive you.  We do have beastian races too, like myself, and some that share none but a humane body.  My kin are named the Itari.  The humans, well, they are called just that.  We had originally had a better name, but it was rather tricky to say to some.  And compared to some people we get here in Hanai and Arithnia, you both look remarkably like a Kasani, so you're not going to face too much trouble hopefully.  So no, you do no look strange so to speak." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 16:57:10  #54

As they walked around, Aestus kept a hand on Caligo’s shoulder, so the former could more easily navigate the populate area, but also so the latter does run off to who knows where and start a wild blob chase to find them

Unlike Caligo who was very distracted by everything around them, Aestus tried to pay attention to the impromptu history lesson
"It’s reassuring to know we won’t stand out here, we already do back home, and it’s awkward, at best" Aestus admitted, his height didn’t help with his odd appearance compared to the others inhabitant of their home world.
"If you do not have gods here, then who made this world? If I may ask?" The sun inquired, curious to know how this world came to be.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 17:07:08  #55

(WILD BLOB CHASE!  I LOVE THAT XD)

"Well we have more than what I listed living here on Arithnia.  But we just don't have names for them.  We have beings made stone, fire, things like that too.  So it's hard to stand out sometimes.  And as for the whole creation ordeal..." Flare stopped both his speech and himself.  "Well...that's a question to ask Lord Aster.  I won't spoil the fun." he said, almost playfully and continued on the merry tour.  

Soon enough the three were in front of a rather nice two story house.  Compared to the other Victorian-European mixed architecture of the housing before, this one was much...simple really.  Nothing too insane, but it looked like it was built by hand, and someone who had no designing ability at all. If a little.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 17:28:23  #56

(I am glad! It’s fun to try and find how to replace phrases so they fit the world)

"You got lithokins here too?" Caligo perked up at the mention of beings of stone and fire, glad there might be something at least a little familiar.

"Your mysteries don’t make you very trust worthy" Aestus’s death glare would be much more intimidating if she could actually see where to glare at.

"Oooo that house look. Neat." Caligo said with a curious but unsure tone, Aestus’s face immediately softened hearing them.

(Caligo had a whole nights to get buddy buddy with Flare, Aestus has known him for at most an hour, and it took them a millennia to get used to Caligo hanging around them, so they don’t like the flaming bird man)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 17:36:23  #57

"Your world would call them that, here, we don't really have a specific name for them.  Maybe calling them Sprites?  Or Constructs?  I'm not too sure.  I guess if YOU wanted to call them Lithokins, you're more than welcome, but you'll stump other people." he told Caligo.  However, he directed his voice to Aestus.  "You know. it's very rude to assume things Aestus.  A guest is expected to be patient for the host to explain everything.  I am not a tour guide, but a advisor to the Kyng here.  And that said, some people have more information or better information to clear things up that I couldn't fill in.  I am not omniscient.  So please, I would appreciate it if you kept your complaining to a minimum." he said, rather snappy and irritated.  He clearly did not like being questioned about things like this.  Maybe you should listen...or not, your call.  

For the rest of the walk, Flare said nothing, only slowly illuminating the walkways with a flame, giving Aestus something to look for.  Flare stopped at the door and turned around and looked at the two.  "Mind your manners in the Castle of Ash please.  Our Kyng is ill right now, so please keep things as quiet and RESPECTFUL..." he said, peering at Aestus. "as you possibly can.  Other than this, you are welcome into our home and around town as you please.  Oh, and if you get lost, please ask a Blood Knight.  They do not talk, but they will guide you true."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 17:50:25  #58

Aestus was clearly irritated by the tone used by their host, he even had his talons out, it was only when Caligo grabbed his arm that she realise their claws were digging in their moon’s shoulder, mumbling an apology and pushing some healing magic into the smaller’s shoulder they carried one following Flare.

Aestus only huffed at the comment on respect, while Caligo was bouncing in place "we’ll do our best! Right sunny?" Caligo teased their friend.

(Aestus is 100% gonna hit his head on that door frame I bet, unless it’s really, really high up)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 18:00:43  #59

Flare sighed and turned around and lightly knocked on the door and walked in, carefully announcing his return.  "Lady Fang, Mistress Infinity.  I have returned, along with some guests.  Please take care of them, I must go attend to Crimson." he said, his voice low and slightly echoing through the house.  He turned to Aestus and Caligo.  "Please mind your heads.  The door is a bit lower than your heads.  The ceiling here is taller though, so you should be fine." 

The house is oddly well decorated, despite it's rather...rough interior.  To the immediate right of the door is a small kitchen, big enough for two people side-by-side to work.  It's even complete with a little bar too, how cute...(Crimson might have put that one there...who knows...). And to the left is a small sunroom, with a rather ornate twin doors heralding its entrance.  A hefty bookshelf lies in the left corner filled with books and tones of all sorts.  Next to this shelf is a couch big enough for someone to lay on and a coffee table next to it for any drinks or snacks one may want.  The rest of the room is decorated with a rustic touch with a recliner chair and a cane next to it, likely an old mans chair or someone who is rather sick or injured.  While straight ahead from the door and a bit next to the bar, is a staircase leading to...well rooms.  Anything else in the house you may have to ask for.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 18:12:27  #60

After helping Aestus pass the door without issues, Caligo quite excitedly escaped his friend’s grip to explore, starting with the kitchen for snacks

Aestus was left alone near the entrance, unsure of what to do, there was at least 3 others they haven’t met yet, they aren’t looking forward to more socialising, so they put a hand on a wall and began following it, ending up in the sun room, she immediately perk up, feeling this sun’s warmth, he like this room, he decide right here and there, feeling up the bookshelf, they wondered if some of them had braille, and if so, if she can read it, for all they know they don’t have the writing same system.

(Cal raiding the pantry for food and Aestus raiding the bookshelf for knowledge)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

Board footera