HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2024 14:47:10  #1

[SbS] Washed ashore, you dig...

This RP is for one Lazy Owl.  Hoo is a new member of the GGaD and is new to the RP scene.  I will be using my world of Arithnia for this tomfoolery and fun.  The name of this RP is SbS, or Step by Step, that is how this will go along.  A single step at a time.  And yes, there will be a story to start and end.  Though I will be using more...lets say sensitive things.  Psychologic, war torn ideas that apply to certain characters may make some people uncomfortable.  If you want to know the specifics of what I will say, please DM me.  This applies to all parties.  I will not go too deep, but it could make some uncomfortable and uneasy.  But for the most part it will be a lighthearted adventure where anything can happen!  

That said, please enjoy the ride!  
--Zane

Perhaps you came upon this place by accident, or maybe it wasn't your choice to make.  Many things can be hidden from anyone.  But all you two want right now is to keep on digging.  What for you think, well, neither of you know.  The time you spend together as you work is enough to keep you going.  However, the faint scent and sound of what could be either a voice, roar or maybe something else carefully draws your attention...The darkness around you begins to envelop your vision and you two fall into an odd slumber.  

Once you awaken, you find yourself closer toward an entrance or exit of wherever you were.  A gentle light wakes you two.  The washing of waves is clearly heard and seen in front of you.  You think for a moment you could be on a beach, but no sand is present.  Only large rocks.  Whatever the case is, your surroundings are clear enough.  A impossibly large cliff is behind you, one which you wouldn't be able to climb without help of magic.  Or in your case, your wings.  However, they are bound by an unseen chain.  Clearly a limit has been placed upon you.  Who or what it can do is unclear.  Even creation of objects and life is bound by this.  The only thing one would be able to do at this point is wait, or try to get someone...or somethings attention.  But being in an unfamiliar world could have its drawbacks. You may end up attracting something unwanted.  The choice is yours Aestus, Caligo, the floor is yours to dance on.  

Last edited by wolffighting3768 (January 23, 2024 14:48:46)

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 23, 2024 15:29:20  #2

Re: [SbS] Washed ashore, you dig...

There was a few silent moments as I awakened, I can’t even remember when I fell asleep, I yawned, stretching myself and feeling the rocks beneath my fingers.
in a moment I was on my feet. I do not remember there being rocks, or, as I turned to the waves, water, or a cliff.

(This seems fun, hope I do ok)

There was a groan behind me, and my wings almost opened in surprise at the sound, but they feel restrained, weird, maybe my braces are stuck again, I’ll ask Aestus for help when I find them.

It wasn’t hard, turns out, he was right behind me.

"Sunny!" I said, running to her side as she got up and felt her surroundings

"Where…" he asked, not finishing the question, but they don’t need to
"Not sure, lot of rocks around, there is water to your right and a biiiiiig cliff to the left…also I think my braces are stuck again" I heard them sigh in exasperation, at the situation or me, I can’t tell.

"I’ll just carry-" i can see their wings twitch like they were going to open, but ended up staying close as they pause mid sentence.

"Do you remember how we got here?" She ask me suddenly, his antennas twitching wildly.

(Aestus is trying to sense the magic around them, mostly if there is someone else around or trace of someone’s magic)

"No, but I can look around some more" and I do just that

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

January 23, 2024 15:44:59  #3

Burnt Amber eyes watch the two from the cliffside.  A gentle sigh comes from the person.  A young girl bounce next to the person.  "What's the verdict Flare?  Think they can be trusted?" the girl asked.  Her voice filled with anticipation.  "Want me to take 'em down"?  The person made no reply.  They just kept watch.  "They have veils over them.  More advanced than Arithnia.  If Crimson was up he would have a better time on this.  But for the time being I put a dome around them to hopefully seal some of their magic.  And as anyone knows, Arithnias magic interwinds itself with others magic." the voice was stern, male clearly, and yet very troubled.  "We should proceed with extreme caution.  They were digging around for something.  Who knows what they are.  If you can Lady Fang, please wake Crimson and bring him here.  Do NOT tell him where they are." Flare ordered, and Fang listened and dashed off.  Flare put on his coat and dusted off his shirt and sat down on the edge of the cliff.  Ready to move at a moments notice.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 23, 2024 16:03:55  #4

(Trying another pov)

Aestus had settled cross legged on the rocks, trying to figure what was up with the magic in the area, it was acting strange, they almost didn’t recognise Caligo’s magic, not with how entangled it was with the ambiant magic.

Meanwhile the smaller of the two was attempting to climb the cliff, they swore they saw something up there, unfortunately his limbs couldn’t handle the strain and he ended up falling, not far, but enough to knocks the air out of him.

"Ow…am ok!" The taller one looked like he was about to pounce, before Caligo reassure they were fine.

The red-head settled back down while the teal-haired one laid there, looking up at the cliff, he could have swore he was something.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 23, 2024 16:27:06  #5

(Please feel free to experiment and try all sorts of things!  I don't mind!)

Flare watched the two beings with an odd sense of responsibility and observed their movements.  He dug into his pocket and pulled out a ornate silver pocket watch and observed the time.  "It's close to sundown.  I wonder if they are humane in any way.  Considering their forms and wings.  They are close to a Kasani.  I wonder if they get cold...perhaps I should make a small fire for them..." Flare thought to himself and put the watch back into his pocket and clasped both his hands together and whispered something into them.  A small and dull ember flew out of his hands and gently landed onto the beach, creating a small, but warming flame.  Shifting between a light crimson and orange color.  "That should keep them warm until we can find what to do next.  I hope Crimson and Fang return soon." Flare once more, spoke to himself.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 23, 2024 17:02:35  #6

(Thanks will try stuff, also laughing, flare is concerned they will get cold, my man one of them is the f ign sun)

"What the- by Krypto!" Caligo screamed as he saw the light came down, thankful that it didn’t land on either of them.

"What is it?" Aestus asked, cautious of his surrounding now, he could a warmth nearby that wasn’t there before, confusion, spread across both of their faces.

"A fire? I knew there was something up there!" The bat winged one wanted to scream at whoever is up there, but stop themself short seeing her feathered friend yawn

"It’s not malignant. Beside, we shouldn’t provoke whomever is up there for providing us…warmth"
Aestus doesn’t usually speak with big words, this worry Caligo who come up to check up on them "night is coming. I am tired Cal, don’t do anything stupid." He whispered to his smaller companion, this is when it clicked in their mind, they have no clue if the person up there want to bring their harm, or they can hear them, and with Aestus down for the night, they are far too vulnerable, especially since their powers seems restrained.

Caligo settled down next to her sun, letting them lean on their shoulder to rest, he hope of this world has a moon, that it is full tonight, they don’t trust their current situation.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 23, 2024 17:16:25  #7

(Don't underestimate Arithnia's inhabitants.  He doesn't know that at all.)

"They have Veils.  How interesting.  I can see why Fang said it was urgent.  They aren't Arithnian by any means, but they hold a lot of power.  They are the Sun and Moon incarnae.  How funny.  Helios would hate hearing that someone took his job." Crimson snickered.  The man was a tad bit pale and walked with a stick.  His outfit was a simple medical gown formatted for the outside.  Fang chirped behind him, her eyes filled with pride.  "Yeah, ya see now.  What else can you tell from them?  Do they pose any threat?" she asked him.  Crimson shook his head.  "Not that I know of.  Them again, you never know.  Flare, I do hate to ask you to leave your post, but I will have Infinity and Fang look over me tonight.  Please keep watch over them for tonight.  Make sure to hide yourself too.  If they break the dome, send word and I will have Azure help." He ordered Flare, who nodded and closed his eyes.  

Crimson and Fang sat next to one another and Flare smiled softly.  "I know not of my true family. but this is a nice break.  I am sorry this had to happen while you were recovering Crimson.  But I will do as you wish." Flare admitted.  Crimson laughed heartily and patted Flare on the back.  "Yeah, I know ya will ya nutcase.  Glad you kept them warm.  Then again, I'm not too sure they needed it...well actually I take that back, the dome is hindering their powers aren't they?..." Crimson asked.  Flare simple watched the sun go down and softly confirmed it.  "They will be safe and sound." he said.  

Crimson slowly got up with the help of Fang and hugged Flare goodbye.  The two walked back into the small town as Flare kept watch over the two...no, the Sun and Moon incarnate.  Stars from the heavens above.  He softly spoke a small prayer and his burnt amber eyes gave a soft glow atop the cliff like a lighthouse before going dim.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 23, 2024 17:36:03  #8

(That’s fair, forgot to ask, what is a veil?)

Caligo snuggled closer to Aestus as the latter fell asleep, his eyes going from the setting sun to the cliff just in time to see a light go dim.

As this world’s sun gently disappeared below the waves, the only light are the ones from the strange fire and Aestus, the latter’s light being much softer and dimmer.

The moon’s eyes glowed, naturally reflecting the light of his counterpart.
They aren’t tired, and even if he were, he wouldn’t let themself sleep, not yet. Not here. Not with potential danger so close.

(Might go sleep myself, goodnight! Will respond when I can, this is very fun!)
(Edit: could be a timeskip here? All Cal is gonna do is stare at the cliff with a hateful passion until the sun rise honestly)

Last edited by LazyOwlViolet (January 23, 2024 17:46:16)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 23, 2024 17:49:17  #9

(Don't worry, that will be explained here in a moment.  But for your sake, in Arithnia, there is a special type of magic that is natural to the world called a Veil.  It's a covering for anyone who lives and enters Arithnia.  The Veils help conceal high levels of magic, or more like suppresses them.  Think of foreign magic like gas.  The Veil is a covering that limits or prevents that gas from killing people who have no immunity to the toxins.  I hope that helps.) 

Flare watches the two snuggle up and breathes a sigh of relief and cups his hands together and blows into the air a small light blue mist that covers the two, lulling them to a gently and eased sleep.  As soon as Flare is sure they are asleep, he pushes off the cliff and in a twist of his body he burns away into the form of a Phoenix and flies down next to the two and covers them with blankets of gentle fire to keep them warm.  His amber eyes looks more closely at the two and faintly gasps.  Crimson was right, they are incarnates of the Sun and Moon.  How...interesting.  "Blessings be upon your sleep 'O son and daughter of the heavens." Flare told himself and flew back to the cliffside and in a spire of orange flames, transformed back into his well-kempt suit and sat back down, keeping watch over the sleeping two.  

(Glad to see you enjoying it!  And goodnight!)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 03:46:48  #10

(Oooo ok yeah, that make sense, guess they would have one even if they don’t know)
(Just one thing, Caligo isn’t tired enough to sleep, even with magic, I am assuming as it’s night the moon is up so his power are boosted on top of replenishing his energy)
(Can explain more, don’t have time to make a good rp reply yet will do later)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 07:40:50  #11

Caligo watched the mist with fascination and distrust, it doesn’t feel natural, but it doesn’t seem harmful either, he doesn’t know what it purpose is, other then being pretty.

He freeze when a flaming bird suddenly descend upon them, he is ashamed to say he couldn’t do anything but stare at the strange creature,

He finally snap out of his stupor when the creature retreated up toward the cliff, they threw the blanket it put on them off herself and rushed to the base of the cliff.

"HEY YOU BURNED POULTRY COME BAKC DOWN HERE AND FACE ME" They screamed up at where he assume, the bird is. Frustrated with the situation and how they are being treated,

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 09:34:59  #12

(Ah, that's an interesting mechanic!  But for the sake of Flare, and all he cares, they are asleep.  So I'll keep my statement.  But you're more than welcome to work around it.)

Flare took immediate note of the voice and looked down.  "Oh my...I wonder if I angered them.  It's late enough...I think..." Flare says to himself, checking his watch.  It was about an hour past sundown, with brilliant stars lighting up the night sky.  "Everyone would have been asleep by now.  It would be rather rude to wake up someone...or a few for this matter.  As long as that dome is up, I should be able to take control of the situation...maybe..." For a moment, Flare was lost in thought and seemingly ignored the voice.  From the bottom of the cliff, Caligo could see a faint glow emit from the top.  Whatever Flare was doing, it might be good? 

In just a moments notice, a small spire...maybe even a puddle for all you know, appeared a few feet away from Caligo.  Out from the puddle Flare stepped out.  He wore a simple black t-shirt and a pair of dark grey pants and no shoes.  On top of this is a orange-red duster coat with a collar of a red with gold outlining (hemming? I don’t know the proper term)  In his right hand he carried a naginata, a brilliant mix of red, orange and gold lining its long handle with a pitch black blade that carries small veins of what looks like a crimson gold metal substance.  He looks at the two with his amber-gold eyes and makes no sign of hostility or peace.  Somewhere in between.   Flares hair is slightly bright red with yellow tips to give off a phoenix look.  His oddly tanned skin almost looks like gold to you.  But his attention is mostly drawn to Caligo.  He walks around in a circle, scanning the ground, or more like the invisible dome that the two cannot see.  By the time he reaches Caligo again, he looks at him dead into the eyes.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 11:07:26  #13

(That’s fair, sorry for the delay had stuff, in my mind as long as their respective astre(?) is up, and they are alert, they don’t need sleep, and Caligo being so stressed and alert meant the mist wouldn’t work, to me that’s how it would work at least)

The moon watched the stranger move around the area, Caligo has no idea what they are looking for, they seem to be looking for or at something, they decide to keep a pair of eyes of the newcomer, he, is it a he?, wasn’t agressive but had what is clearly a weapon, not one they had ever seen but the there was an unmistakable blade on the object.

the other pair alternated between looking at the surrounding area and checking on his sun.

All her eyes refocus on the maybe enemy once he stop and turn to them.

"…what do you want with us?" He ask carefully, magic already pooling in his hands just in case.

His wings twitch in their invisible confines, being forcefully grounded doesn’t reassure him about his odds in a fight, if it come out it.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 11:26:53  #14

(No worries about replying immediately.  And astre is a good word to use.  It's perfect.  And I'm learning something new today!)  

Flare eyes darted to Caligo's hands and audibly sighed.  He didn't understand what Caligo was saying.  Or at least not yet.  Clearly the dome he created was also interfering with Arithnias hold on their magic too.  He stood back a few steps and slashed at the dome, his weapons blade bouncing off the dome.  Hopefully trying to communicate with Caligo that the dome is both protective and limiting.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 13:49:15  #15

(That’s great! Leaning is fun, especially if it’s while doing something fun)

Caligo winced, taking a step back as the blade made contact with, what he can only assume to be an invisible barrier?

How did they not notice it before? Granted it’s invisible, and even now that she knows it’s there he still can’t sense it, what sort of magic is this?

They really don’t get the stranger’s intention, they seem, annoyed, with them.

Think Cal, think!  He put a hand on his chin, thinking. The man attacked the barrier thingy, does he want them to break it? She has no idea how strong he is, but it’s likely they are stronger then him, especially since it’s night time now.

The winged one nodded, understanding what the other meant, they summoned a similar weapon as the other, it looks pretty cool and badass so why not? And attacked the barrier.

(He has two brain cells your honour and he lend both to Aestus)
(Cal: ah yes this creature attacked the thing, i shall do it too.)
(In his defense Flare did that after Cal asked what he wanted with them so, miscommunications, at least that will fix it? I think it’s funny either way)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 15:24:16  #16

(Indeed!  And do correct me if I am wrong, but Caligo and Aestus both use He/She/They pronouns correct?  But coming from your wording, Caligo prefers male while Aestus is female.  Is that correct?)

Flare took a step back and watched Caligo.  "They...use materialization?  No, it's more of a mimic.  Did they come from Kanti?  What exactly are these...creatures?  Human in nature, but not Arithnian by power.  Maybe a mutation of Kasani?  If I lower the dome, will they kill me?  Can they read minds?  More questions than answers..." Flare kept thinking to himself and waited to see what would happen next/  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 16:34:09  #17

(Those are their pronouns! I didn’t notice about that preference, I mostly alternate so it’s not confusing, if I need to refer to one than the other in the same sentence I will use different pronouns, I mostly rotate them)

Caligo got frustrated, that weird barrier didn’t seem to give under his weapon, and the stranger was unhelpfully just staring at them. He seems deep in thought.

With a sigh, she deformed the weapon, they aren’t even sure he is wielding it right…

That’s it! He was using it wrong that’s probably why they can’t pierce that barrier, she need a familiar weapon. That’s easy, a spear! Lunaros spears were always his favorite, he look at it fondly as she summons it (see below). She is biased toward moon symbols he admit, but it does look nice if they say so themself,

They rolled (?) her shoulders, the joints were starting to hurt from the strain, he will regret it later, but they must press on!

They stabbed at the barrier once again.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 16:55:48  #18

Flare jumped back as soon as he saw the blade and raised his own in defense.  "You're kidding me...they don't use materialization, they are creating things from something else..." He thought to himself as he saw the weapon bounce off the barrier.  Lowering his weapon as the blade recoiled, he held up his left hand, trying to use wordless communication.  "Are they attacking?  Or are they mimicking me...?"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 17:06:42  #19

Caligo paused as the glint of metal catcher one of his eye, they, forgot about the stranger and the fact they actually have no idea what he wanted.

She tentatively raised a hand, mirroring him, and unsurely waved. Her joints truly hurt now, thankfully the strange man doesn’t seem interested in harmed them, even if he did have a weapon, he looked more worried about them raising their weapon against him

… that’s good enough for her. As long as he doesn’t get close to their sun.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 17:12:03  #20

Placing his hand on the dome carefully, he looked at Caligo, then Aestus.  Very carefully he laid down his weapon and took a deep breath and blew on the dome, partially fogging it up.  With his finger he drew, and rather crudely, images of the two and a heart between them and waited.  Flare was rather curious, he knew now that this one was mimicking him.  Perhaps they are offspring's of Adam in some other world?  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 17:23:59  #21

Seen the other put his weapon down, Caligo did the same, his weapon disappearing into light.

They observed the strange human draw on the barrier, he was too fascinated by the fact it could be fogged up to notice what was being drawn until her attention was drawn to it.

It took him a second to realise. He blushed a deep blue realising what this was representing. They quickly did a cross with their arms and shook their head

They did look longingly at their sun, but quickly looked back at the man to shake their head again for good measure.

(hitting him right in the crush ah! Poor Cal, thought he was subtle about it)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 17:47:44  #22

Flare smiled gently and shook his head and laughed lightly.  "Just like Crimson and Fang!  How cute.  Agni and Infinity will surely get a kick out of this!" he thought to himself and tapped on his naginata, watching it turn into ash.  He gently places his hand on the dome and slowly it turned into a silver dust.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 18:02:54  #23

Caligo is quite embarrassed about this, why this of all things to ask?

His attention was quickly taken by the weapon suddenly turning into ash, it remind them of the way their own weapon disappear.

She wasn’t prepared for the barrier to turn to dust, they sputtered as some got in their mouth and eyes, they shook themself trying to get it off

"Agh! why!" They cried, trying to blink the dust away, having four eyes was truly a disadvantage in this situation.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 18:04:12  #24

(Wonder when Crimson and fangs are coming back, what a spectacle it would for them to see this)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 18:07:49  #25

(It's the dead of night.  Around midnight now.  They are asleep.  Day will break soon though.  I'm keeping track of time passed.)

"Ah, it looks like Arithnia is starting to meld into you.  Well that makes things much easier.  I am Flare, advisor of Kyng Crimson, the man whom watches over this coastline city we call Hanai.  Who might you and your...lover be?  And might I also ask what business you have had digging in our tombs and beaches.  I was not happy to have to put either of you into a trance.  But observing and safety come first for our people." Flare explained, relying more onto his hands to help communicate as he spoke slow.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 18:19:12  #26

(Ooooo ok!, quite funny the rp time match my irl time!)

Caligo shake the last of the dust out of his hair before looking at the man.

"L-lover? No no no this is just my friend slash colleague.. nothings more!" They don’t think their blush is going away anytime soon now.

"…Arithnia uh? is this the name of this world? Pretty cool name. Hey is your name Flare cause you burst into flame? That was you right? The bird?" She precised, he doesn’t understand why this Flare didn’t speak earlier but oh well. This place was quite strange, the name strangely fit. Yes they feel like it does fit this place.

"…wait." They just realise they can feel their wings again! Giving a couple of flaps to make sure " hell yeah! I can fly again!" She completely forgot the other question, too focus on stretching his wings

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 18:22:16  #27

Flare grumbled for a moment and sighed.  "Questions...one at a time please.  First of all, please answer my questions first.  Then we will get to yours." he said, slightly annoyed by the lack of manners from Caligo.  "This one really is like Fang...always asking questions and being hyper..." he thought to himself. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 18:33:43  #28

"Right right" *they stared blankly for a few second, trying to remember what was asked of them.

"Ooohhh yeah the digging!…those were tombs?" They face, and wings, dropped " I should have guessed in hindsight,… sorry. You have very good dirt by the way, very diggable, my only complain is that you don’t have enough rocks in it" she took a handful of rock out of his pocket
"they are very pretty but so few for how much I dug around for them" they say mournfully

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 18:47:01  #29

Flare's face dropped in horror.  "You...dug up burial stones?!" he cried and took the stones and with a soft word, they vanished into ash.  He sighed again, heavily this time and rubbed his eyes.  "Who are you two, name wise, and what are you doing here?" he asked.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2024 18:59:04  #30

Uh oh, Aetsus was right, they should have left that place alone, they feel bad now.

"I- I am sorry, i don’t know what burials stones are but they seems important…" he took a deep breath before formerly introducing themself

"I am Caligo, god of the moon and this "they gestured to their friend "is Aestus, god of the sun" she look sheepishly back at Flare

"We were curious of this new place and wanted to explore a bit, we got tired and stopped and well, I got a bit bored and dug around, didn’t realise it was a sacred ground, very sorry about that" they would rather not tell why they even came here in the first place, he feel it’s bad enough he dug up tombs, no need to add onto his case.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

Board footera