HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2023 23:55:12  #1

We At a Store Today, Friends

To start off, Ruin truly believed he could do this. It will be an easy task, he had told himself. What could possibly go wrong?

Ruin underestimated what ridiculous things Apollo wanted to buy.

Really, Ruin should have thought better than to offer to buy groceries this time. He should have considered that Apollo, despite his business, always figured out a way to do everything. Ruin should have remembered that Apollo tended to not really think much of anything, so there was no way Apollo would have stopped to think "this would be too many groceries for Ruin to handle."

Ruin cursed his moment of sympathy for Apollo. Ruin should have continued to silently listen to Apollo absent-mindedly complain.

Ruin wanted to go lay down. His arms hurt. He hated being in public alone. There were so many noises messing with his concentration. Having to constantly sense the presence of everything around him so he didn't run into anyone or anything was getting tiring. Ugh.

Looking within the baking mix aisle, many people would see a young half-demon struggling to hold a jug of milk, a bag of flour, a few bags of sugar, and some shirts that looked to most likely fit someone much bigger than him. He was swiping his hand over the labels of different mixes, his palm glowing with some sort of orange magic. He toddled along the aisle slowly.

A quick glance at his eyes told an outsider that he was blind, and it's very easy to make the connection that he's using magic to read the labels.

Ruin's eyebrows furrowed as he mumbled to himself, his hand going back and forth from his pocket, to a label, then to a price tag, and repeating. His tail swished a little as he thought, and he kept readjusting the items in his arms, his feet doing small steps of rebalance, as he continued searching for what he needed.

Someone please help him ):

(I'm imagining this as inside a Walmart. What would the GGaD version of Walmart be? Malmart? Mall-Mart? Something else entirely?)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 20, 2023 00:18:44  #2

Re: We At a Store Today, Friends

"Would you like some help?" A rough, gruffy voice asked. It seems the voice came from above, and sure enough Nemesis was in the next isle over, peeking their head above the shelves to talk to Ruin. What was a goddess doing in a grocery store you ask? Well obviously buying groceries, albeit awkwardly since they barely fit between the isles and have to be very, very careful when turning around. It's also obvious that she has no way of reaching the bottom shelves without making a mess of some kind so really, how much help could she be?

(i think Martmart would be funny)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 20, 2023 00:40:05  #3

Ruin tipped his head up towards Nemesis's voice, his face now expressing one of confusion as he tried to figure out how Nemesis' voice was above him. The shelves were making it hard to sense much.

"Uh...I..." Ruin cleared his throat. "Can you tell me how far I am from 'brownie mix'? The cheapest one, preferably... please." The 'please' part was quickly thrown on, as if he just remembered his manners. He sounds a bit nervous, despite his face resting back into a serious expression.

The brownie mix was all the way at the end of the shelf behind him. He was no where near the mix.

RIP.

Last edited by Echowo (October 20, 2023 00:46:18)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 20, 2023 11:37:28  #4

"NO YOU--" a womans voice was cut off by the sound of someone falling in the next isle.  "COR!  YOU IDIOT!  I TOLD YOU NOT TO CLIMB THE SHELF!" the woman said, loudly groaning.  "Fang, I'm quite sure he's suffering from something called, being stubborn." another voice said, this time more formal.  Clearly a mans voice. 

Crimson's voice piped in this time.  "But--THEY HAVE DRAGONFRUIT CANDY!" Crimson retaliated.  The woman audibly smacked Crimson and scolded him.  "Gods above you idiot...Flare, go and grab some nuts and cake mix.  And whatever else we might need..." the woman said, as a well dressed man walked into the isle and saw a small group trying to look for something.  

"Oh my...how rather embarrassing is this." Flare thought to himself as he scanned the isles for cake mix and nuts.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 20, 2023 16:25:39  #5

Ruin's tail thumped against the ground in startlement, and he turned towards the chaotic noises.

By the Eye, I would never act like that in public! Has no one taught them discipline? Father Avram would drag me out by the wrist if I ever behaved that way! Thank the Eye I know better than to make a fool of myself, Ruin thought, turning back towards Nemesis. The only sound that came from him was a short, "Hm," and he continued to keep his serious expression on his face. He adjusted the weight in his arms again.

Last edited by Echowo (October 20, 2023 16:27:19)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 20, 2023 19:06:02  #6

Nemesis freezes for a moment, unsure of what to do about the sudden arrival of Crimson and Co. Eventually she settled on ignorance, if she acts like nothing is happening then maybe nothing is happening. "The brownie mix is on the shelf behind you I believe, all the way on the other end of the isle. It's hard to tell the prices from here, give me a moment and I'll make my way over." She said, before very gingerly extracting herself from the isle she's in. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 20, 2023 20:31:14  #7

Ruin nodded, quietly waiting for Nemesis as he made himself closer to the brownie mixes.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 20, 2023 20:46:22  #8

Flare grabbed the cake mix and nuts and looked at Ruin, who was clearly waiting for someone.  "Pardon me sir, might you need some assistances?  I'm just on my way out myself" he asked him.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 20, 2023 21:01:53  #9

Ruin tilted his head towards Flare.

"Oh, uh, I'm just waiting for... whoever was talking to me." Ruin didn't really know who he was talking to before.

"I'm looking for cheap brownie mix."

Ruin's arms were starting to strain from the weight of stuff he was carrying. The pain was minimal thanks to his youth, however it was uncomfortable and felt awkward. Ruin shifted everything in his arms, dropping a bag of sugar while doing so. The bag fell hard on his foot (Ruin didn't have a reaction to this), but luckily the bag didn't bust.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 20, 2023 21:14:27  #10

Flare put his items on the shelf and helped Ruin with his.  "Just like Crimson I see...er, no pun intended.  I am Flare, and you may have heard a woman scream.  That's Fang and the one getting scolded was Crimson.  We're a trio of sorts here to look for a few things...not shopping wise, but other goals too." he explained and picked up the sugar bag.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 20, 2023 22:25:09  #11

(( Sometimes I feel like I blink and things start happening ))

"Hmm, well let's see here-" Nemesis starts as she made her way over the brownie mix shelf, stopping once she notices Flare, "Oh, greetings. Nemesis, Goddess of Revenge, Anger, and Death." She's holding a shopping basket that looks like the purse compared to how big she is, it seems to be filled with a variety of canned goods and a few tubs ice cream. Not a single veggie, fruit, or anything unprocessed in sight. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 21, 2023 00:29:49  #12

Ruin was trying to figure out what Flare meant by "but other goals too", however Nemesis' commentary brought his mind to a stop.

Ruin froze for a second when hearing the word "Goddess", adding on that with how Nemesis is much closer to him now, he can sense just how big she is. His reaction was to instinctively reach to his waist to present his usual intimidation, but this time his hand was being greeted with the absence of his sword.

Right.

He left that at home. Apollo had told him to "Try to be less aggressive..."

...Great.

The motion he did looked like he failed to reach into his pocket, however, rather than that he was reaching for a defense.
The movement he made only caused him to drop more stuff, now a bag of flour dropping with a thudand one of the huge hoodies he held slipped out of his arms.

Ruin opened his mouth and then closed it, seemingly not knowing what to say. Talking wasn't his strong suit. Usually Apollo would deal with the people and Ruin would follow behind. It was much easier, really. It was so much easier to be a guard than actually being on his own.

Ruin took a breath, feeling his face and ears heat up.

"...Apologies. If someone may, can you get me a shopping basket? I couldn't find them earlier... I cannot push a cart." He slightly motions to his eyes with the last comment, trying to be careful to not drop anything else.
Really, Ruin couldn't push a cart because last time he tried to, he accidentally pushed it too hard and nearly rammed it into Apollo... so now he was a bit too... anxious to actually try to push one again. He felt too guilty to even want to touch a cart again.

Ruin's tone was rather flat, and his expression became neutral. Ruin was trying to not seem bothered by his own lack of ability to hold stuff.
His choice of words seem forced, as if he's trying his best to sound formal but really wants to say something else.

Be a mature adult. Be a mature adult. You are better than this. Just get this over with. Ruin, you are better than this. By the Eye, stop acting like a little kid. Only a child would feel this way. Just stop. Just stop. Be a mature adult and just stop.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 21, 2023 21:15:59  #13

"Oh, of course. I'll go grab a basket for you." Nemesis volunteers. She almost goes to pick up the bag of flour Ruin dropped but realized that bending down in the middle of an already crowded isle was probably a bad idea, thus creating an awkward pause before she turned around and left to grab the aforementioned shopping basket.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 22, 2023 19:33:38  #14

"...Thanks..."

Ruin proceeds to stand there awkwardly.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 22, 2023 20:30:28  #15

"How long have you been blinded for?" Flared asked him.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 22, 2023 21:22:03  #16

Ruin's facial expression didn't change. Seems like he was used to such a question.

"Since I was a toddler."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 22, 2023 22:42:52  #17

"Ah, Crimson was a tad bit older, but nonetheless he's been blind forever at this point.  I wonder how well he would get alone with someone of his own...problem so to speak." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 23, 2023 01:20:00  #18

There came that short and nonchalant, "Hm."

After a beat, Ruin questioned, "Are you asking me if I would want to meet him?" His eyebrow raised slightly.

Would I even want to meet him? Lord Apollo said I needed to make friends... or at least acquaintances... But how is that going to help me with...

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 29, 2023 19:26:53  #19

(e)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 30, 2023 09:03:36  #20

"Heavens no.  The chaotic energy of that child is boundless.  I'm just thinking out loud here.  Granted I cannot force you to, however if you wanted to, I'm sure it's easy to do..." Flare smiled softly and chuckled.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 31, 2023 02:28:54  #21

Ruin grimaced a little, giving another, "Hm." It seems like he doesn't know how to respond to all of that, his tail swishing a little, keeping low to the ground.

"...Chaos..." Ruin muttered quietly.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 6, 2023 18:30:22  #22

Nemesis returns with two shopping baskets, one in each hand. The empty one she hands over to Ruin while the other is filled with grocery bags. "The um," She hesitates, clears her throat, then continues, "The flour is still on the ground. I'd love to get that for you but I'd rather not knock a shelf over on accident..."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 6, 2023 19:29:13  #23

"Allow me, I can certainly be some use here." Flare said and picked up the flour and handed it to Nemesis.  "I hope Crimson hasn't caused too much commotion for you lot.  I try to keep him...restrained...in his actions if I can." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 18, 2023 01:06:43  #24

"Oh, um, thank you."

Ruin takes the shopping basket and carefully puts his items into it, stacking each thing in such a way as to be able to fit more. He felt around it a bit, as if double checking, and then grabbed the hoodie he had dropped earlier and folded it, adding it to the basket.

To Flare's words, Ruin says, "I do not believe he has caused me trouble."

Ruin thought, adding on to his own commentary, ...Except making me feel embarrassed for him... How can someone be so loud in public? Lord Apollo may get a little high in volume, but at least he never screams at the top of his lungs... By the Eye, I need to find everything on this list quicker.

Ruin's unfolded ear twitches.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 19, 2023 01:19:31  #25

Flare lightly chuckles.  "Oh trust me, Crimson can be more than a handful.  Your face says enough anyways.  I daresay that if you wish, I could accompany you with your shopping.  Fang herself is more than capable to take care of Crimson.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 5, 2023 15:49:05  #26

Ruin considers this for a moment.

"I... I suppose that would be helpful. As long as it isn't too much trouble."

Remember your manners, remember your manners, Ruin...

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 6, 2023 18:09:23  #27

"If anything, I think it would depend on you.  You are more than welcome to decline my offer, I would have no hard feelings hurt." Flare said and smiled warmly.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 14:24:27  #28

Ruin takes a moment to think, weighing the advantages and disadvantages. Once he takes a second, he gives a slight nod before pulling the shopping list from his pocket, presenting it towards Flare. His face flushes from his embarrassment of asking for more help.

Manners, mind your manners. Be formal.

"I deeply appreciate your offer, and I will be accepting it... I suppose showing you the list will be... helpful."

The list has... a lot on it. The items range from normal groceries like carrot sticks and ground beef to more nonsensical items like a hulahoop and glitter glue. There's some clothing items too. The list isn't very orderly either, as if some of the items were added in on a whim. Dear gods. Just what sort of person wrote all of this?!
You... might need another basket.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 25, 2024 14:37:58  #29

Flare took the list and scanned it and lightly laughed.  "Going all out Mr. Ruin?" he joked and folded the paper up.  "Might you be shopping for another person by any chance?  I cannot imagine that you alone would need all of this, however, it is rather rude to make assumptions....but I am rather curious." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 25, 2024 15:51:21  #30

Ruin could feel his face heat up further. He hadn't read through the list completely, so now he's really wondering what Apollo had put down.

"Yes, I am shopping for my Lord. He's..."

Ruin paused, trying to come up with words.

"...He's... extravagant at times. I'm sure whatever he has written has a purpose, however."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera