HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2023 10:41:07  #1

[DoF] - In The Fields, Somewhere Outside of The Town... (@Ash)

((I've decided to place this in the public catagory just in case if we need to use it as a setting later or we just need to bring people in. Idk but for now, it's just Lycaon/ @Ash))

It's been a while since Lyacon has been walking. Hasn't it? I am not too sure If I've ever mentioned it, but the Domain of Flowers, despite being practically an arena for people to fight and kill each other in, looks very, very beautiful. It's something with natural geography that one would normally never see often in Forengard.

Lycaon maybe has traveled for some time now, nearing the base of the mountain, and the rumored walls ahead. The long fields of tall grass have been gradually receding, and be replaced with more rocky, colder terrain. However, this change has only recently started, and the fields are not fully transitioned out yet.

As Lycaon continues on, the tall cliffs that the fields sit between and around climb up with him. The winds gently push against his hair, with the light tussling of the grass being the only notable sound. It's quite quiet.

What does Lycaon do?

Last edited by Time (August 8, 2023 11:00:24)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 8, 2023 14:02:15  #2

Re: [DoF] - In The Fields, Somewhere Outside of The Town... (@Ash)

The view is unfortunately lost on the blind being. But nonetheless, it surveys its surroundings. Searching for life, a trickle of movement in the cold. Dust knows it could easily ascend the cliffside, either with a thousand clawed limbs or simply flying above it. But it is disguised as Lycaon, and he cannot do either of those. So, he walks some more. Along the walls. Looking for something, perhaps somewhere to begin climbing or perhaps others already facing the next challenge.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

August 8, 2023 23:49:44  #3

Well, it does take some time, but Lycaon eventually nears the walls as they finally reveal themselves. Not too far off stands a tall band of dark grey stone, eventually curving around and out of view.

But, Lycaon probably hears something that piques his interest more. Some voices, and they were quite loud too. Loud enough for him to hear what they say.

"Huh. The rumors are true." A voice calls. It's masculine, but it's hard to determine the age of it's owner, but it's quite ragged.

"Great, we've spotted it, can we go back now? I have a feeling that we are supposed to return back." This voice is also masculine, but definitely antsy.

"No way! We are not turning around" Another voice interjects, yelling louder than the prevoious two voices. This one was feminine, "This is our chance! We could get ahead of all those people who decided to stay back! The hell are we even supposed to do there??"

"Well... I dunno, but it feels wrong going this far away from the town. Didn't you hear of the rumor of monstrous creatures lurking around the wall?" The nervous voice asksed.

"And yet there are none to be seen" The ragged one sighs.

Time

August 9, 2023 14:10:07  #4

Lycaon grins, with his too sharp teeth, and its empty face. Dust changes its form, and its surface becomes more akin to stone than armour and flesh. Its face distorts into that of a snarling hound-like thing, and it still has no eyes. Its arms crack and distend, as it puts one to the wall and begins to climb both up and closer to the group. Claws silently tear into the stony cliffside, as it approaches from above. Where it had once had hair, instead grows a crown of horns, glistening like metal in the... I feel like it's probably close to sundown, so let's say that. It glistens like metal in the red light of the setting sun. A tail, with a point like an arrow's tip, grows from the twisted creature. And now it can see the mortals below, and then it falls from the wall. The stony creature lands on the antsy mortal, a clawed hand trapping him to the ground by covering his entire torso.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

August 11, 2023 05:07:07  #5

"Hm. I stand corrected." The raspy voice says at the arrival of Dust. Looking now, it belongs to a man that was well equipped in medieval sect armor. It even looked a bit special, given the runes etched upon it.

"ahh--EAHHH!" The antsy voices calls out, belonging to a smaller man, wearing lighter armor compared to the previously described. As he was pinned, arrows scattered across the rocks as his quiver crashed into the floor.

The owner of the loud voice, a woman with a bright red cloak. She didn't make any remarks, she simply cursed, turning to face the monstrous form.

As it turned out, there was another figure. Someone wrapped in shadowy cloaks, carring a large object on their back. It was hard to make due of most of their details.

They all pulled their weapons simultaneously, save for the one pinned to the ground, and instantly leaped into action. Any hesitation surely would be their demise.

The Armored man launched forwards in a startling burst of speed, sweeping his greatsword in an arc, digging into Dust's arm that was pinning their companion.

The woman quickly followed suit, advancing behind, drawing a handgun, and unloading the magazine to push the monster back.

Lastly, the shadowy figure crouched down, and revealed what they were caring on their back. They appeared to be taking aim with a large rifle with origins from the cyber sect.

Time

August 11, 2023 09:47:08  #6

Unfortunately for the shadowy figure, Dust sees best in the dark. If anything, they would be the most visible person there to it.

The stony skin of this monstrous form protects it largely from the sword, as it merely chips the skin slightly, however the other two attacks do slightly more damage; breaking about an inch of skin per shot. The beast raises a stone-scale wing to protect its face from the guns, but did it always have wings?

With its, seemingly growing, long neck it snaps down on the armoured warrior, cracking into whatever magicks and metal protected him, but not killing or perhaps even injuring him depending on the strength of what he wore.

Its whip-like tail(Did it always have a tail?) lashes out to assault the woman and cloaked figure, producing a loud crack  as it snaps towards them and probably smacks the gun out of the woman's hands.

The bowsman would hear claws tearing through the dirt, as it begins to close its hand around the man.
---------------
A man emerges from shadows, some distance away. Not close enough to interact with the group in any meaningful way, but close enough to hear the gunshots and the scream. Metal boots begin to slowly walk closer, as Lycaon strides forward to assist with the beast the rest of his mind conjured.

August 21, 2023 16:55:53  #7

The armored man, made a grunt as the monster's jaw snapped down on him. His armor's runes once again flared to life as it looked to protect it's wearer once more. He decides to try and go for the creature's eyes in this position, but due to a lack of mobitity, he decided to plunge his fist's for the creature's eyes.

The woman rolls, narrowly dodging the tail. She quickly draws another weapon, a meteor hammer, and swings it towards Dust. It careens at an angle. The chain swiftly loops around both of the hind legs of the creature before embedding itself into one of the cervices within the stone terrain.

Ah no worries it's fine for the person in dark clothing. They are out in the open, after all. As they skid back from the attack, they make more distance between Dust and themselves. They take a deep breath, and focus in. There's a quiet humming is briefly heard right before the sound of crackling energy, as a powerful burst of light zips forth from the rifle to strike at the monster. The rifleman digs their heels into the dirt as the air around them blows back from the blast.

While his allies were putting on this show, the bowman could do nothing but whimper. He spots one of the uniquely shaped arrows from his quiver, and is straining to latch onto it.

Last edited by Time (August 22, 2023 23:29:24)

Time

August 23, 2023 07:10:34  #8

Well I'd imagine that the swordsman would struggle greatly with that, since he can't see where he's punching. Because the majority of his upper body is in its mouth. He might notice the magic protecting him beginning to falter and fade, as something is draining the energy.

The woman would find some difficulty in that, with its legs at differing angles, but she'd manage it. The heavy stone creature however, does not find much challenge in resisting being ensnared by the restraints. It does look like it can't move its legs too much however.

The stone beast growls, as the shot of light hits it. It finally draws blood, revealing that its is black. The hand restraining the bowman closes, claws tearing into him; and pressure between the stone skin and the regular killing him in its hand. It throws the corpse at the gunsperson, before turning to claw the woman; likely disorienting the swordsman completely.

-------------

Lycaon finally runs into the commotion, holding the grips of his blades but not yet drawing them. He arrived merely a moment after the body is thrown, and doesn't have time to do anything else before I cut myself off.

August 23, 2023 16:47:52  #9

"Damn." The armored man said, "This isn't looking good." With a steadying breath, the armored man's armor flares to life one last time. With a sudden burst of strength, he pushes and pulls with all his might, attempting to open the maws of the monster to make a quick escape.

With the subpar result, the gunwoman (idk she's definitely more than just a gun user) figured it was now or never. She reached to a compartment of her pack before tossing out an explosive to roll under the beast, and detonate it.

The gunman, backed up a bit more, before starting to run, rotating his firing position from the creature, and to just simply keep on moving as he waited for his rifle to prime it's next shot. A whirling sound comes from the weapon once again.

Last edited by Time (August 26, 2023 14:51:15)

Time

August 26, 2023 20:40:21  #10

With the new strength from the magic, the armored man is able to wrench open its tooth-filled mouth; at least for the moment that the armour's magic persists. With the beast seemingly having consumed the magic of his armour, the swordsman can feel the additional strength leave him; and the maw closing again around him. With a snap of shattering metal, tearing flesh, and breaking bone, the man is torn in half, and his legs fall to the ground as he is consumed by a vicious darkness rushing around him and dissolving him into it.

The beast's feast is however interrupted, as an explosion pushes against its under. The stone monster is temporarily stunned as it regains its bearings, before it turns to growl at the gunswoman and-

------

Lycaon took little more than a moment to draw both his blades, and a second later stood before the monster; both swords plunged deep into the beast's heart. His long hair whipped forward with the speed, now covering his shoulder.

The knight, who's claim to fame was indeed his ability to match blades with even The Wolven Shadow of Rot, pulls his blades from the beast, and leaps onto its arm before bouncing to where its head nestles atop its neck, and summarily removes that from the rest of the creature.

As the stone head falls to the ground, large enough to crush a man, the earth shakes slightly and the body follows suit; crumpling onto the ground with a heavy thud, probably even cracking the stony ground beneath it. Black blood pours from both, pooling into one puddle between the corpse. Red leaks out from the beast's teeth, assuredly the blood from the man ensnared within.

With a small click, Lycaon lands with his swords sheathed, before rising from his near silent plummet. "Hail! Did the beast harm either of you?"

August 27, 2023 19:45:43  #11

The Armored Man gives one last cry of rage and fear before he is dealt with.

---

The two hold a hesitant, and silent glance for a few moments. Stunned at the remains of their former party members. But at the same time, they were in awe, for the speed, skill, and power of the newcomer.

Looking between the two, the Man with the rifle speaks first, eyeing the swordsman with both curiosity and wariness, "No... I think we're both fine." the humming of his rifle seems to quiet down a small amount.

The Woman, after catching her breath and peeling her eyes off the corpses, starts to make her way around the battlefield, collecting her weapons, also meeting the newcomer's greeting with an attitude similar to her remaining compatriot, "...Who are you, anyways?"

Time

August 28, 2023 10:29:42  #12

"I am Lycaon, a knight. I apologize, that I was unable to save your companions. We may continue this conversation if you'd like, but we should not stay here; lest we meet other beasts drawn by the stench of death." Lycaon steps away from his kill, and towards the other two and elsewhere. He flicks his blue hair back behind his shoulder, as he walks.

August 29, 2023 00:37:23  #13

The woman, after picking up all of her items, sighs and moves on, tailing Lycaon.

The man however, ruminates a little, eyeing the remains before catching up, "I wish we could do more for them." He says, keeping an open eye for any oncoming threats, "This place can be heartless."

Time

August 29, 2023 09:25:52  #14

"So I take it that you're new to the wilderness aspect of this game, then? It is not heartless, but merely wild. Things need to survive, so they take what they need to survive. And bodies are never exempt from such treatment." Lycaon continues to move forward, at angle from the wall; not quite moving straight back to the town, but more fanning out to get a better view of the cliffside. "It is unfortunate, but we can't exactly dig graves in stone."

August 29, 2023 15:41:00  #15

((Bro I gotta make names for these two))

"That's what you see." The man says, "I see it to be a ruthless place. Those people were companions could trust with our own lives, and they were just torn to bits in an instant." He gives a sigh of remorse, looking to his last remaining party member, "They've done so much, and we can't even give them the decency of a proper burial. How is that not heartless?"

The other stays silent for now. But she does have thoughts and questions brewing in her mind. She studies the knight. Who was this person, anyways?

Time

August 29, 2023 23:04:57  #16

As the currently unnamed woman studies Lycaon, she finds that he... is honestly just mildly bizarre. His tied up hair resembles a wolf's tail, his gait seems more fitting of a creature with more bent legs, one, only one, of his pauldrons is spiked, and he seems shockingly confident in his stride for somebody most assuredly blind-folded. There's a mark on the pommel of his swords that seems familiar, however just out of recognizability of her eye. His armour looks too clean for somebody who's made it this far, but perhaps there was an armour smith back in the town.

Anyways, Lycaon is speaking with the man as the woman learns all of those visual things. "It is simply the way of the wild, tomorrow is not always a guarantee. Burials are rite of man, a mark of civility. Beasts do not recognize such respects, and to survive their land is to be as beast." Lycaon pauses a moment, before changing the topic slightly, "Although that thing did not bleed like a beast. And I've never seen a creature with skin of stone. I think we might have been lucky back there, or perhaps it is indication the flowers desire only the strongest groups."

------

Back, where the ground is of stone and the wall looms near, the stone creature shifts into a malleable black sludge; and it devours the remains of the swordsman and archer, leaving nothing but torn shards of armor and ruined weaponry.

August 30, 2023 14:43:19  #17

((Lycaon spitting some hard bars rn. Ash, can you do me a favor and help me find a way to naturally introduce their names?))

"Tomorrow is not always a guarantee in many parts of the world." He huffs, but he shifts topics along with the knight, "Though, what do you mean by strongest groups? Are you saying we're not fit for the Flowers?" He takes a few quickened strides to align himself with Lycaon so he could be more face to face with him, an exasperated tone subtly underlying his voice.

She doesn't say anything about this yet, and sighs. She'll wait for the conversation to ebb away before bringing up her next questions.

Time

August 30, 2023 17:13:56  #18

"Not quite. Moreso saying that the flowers might be changing creatures, and warding off people in general. The strongest of groups would therefore be those that can either tear through or slip past such creatures. I suppose a better way to frame it would be those that're most equipped for the flowers' challenges." Lycaon slows down his stride slightly, more easily letting the man keep pace. Y'know it's strange how quickly Lycaon is able to walk, considering that he is wearing nearly full plate armour. Although it's probably just him being strong, he was able to behead that stone thing back there afterall.

September 1, 2023 05:40:03  #19

"...Hm." He huffs thinking for a bit, "...So, what makes someone ready? I think it's clear that you're pretty capable, given what you just did. You killed that thing in an instant, while we... well, I don't know if we'd be able to pull through if you didn't show."

Time

September 1, 2023 09:37:46  #20

Lycaon laughs, before speaking, "Strength is not enough to make one fully capable, but I appreciate the compliment. I've never been one for climbing, so who knows if I'll make it any further along." It takes a few more steps before he responds to the other thing the man mentioned. "And I don't believe myself fit to say what it takes to be ready, given that none of us know exactly what to expect in the trials ahead. Adaptability would likely be the best trait for getting to the flowers."

September 2, 2023 01:59:18  #21

"...Thanks." He starts to taper off in talking, "But how do we even stay adaptable, even if we don't know what's coming?"

The woman sighs and speaks up, "Apologies to my friend. He sometimes gets gloomy."

Time

September 2, 2023 10:41:28  #22

"It is no problem, it is always pleasant to meet newer adventurers. And to answer your question my young fellow, that is the point of staying adaptable. You think ahead, and prepare yourself to utilize your skills to the fullest. " Lycaon takes a moment for breath, before continuing, "Take that monstrosity back there for example, most blades wouldn't be able to do much of anything, and projectiles wouldn't do much either, but would allow you to keep your distance for some amount of time. The solution, then, would be cunning, or perhaps a hefty hammer. It did not seem the most intelligent creature, and I imagine it could've been easily tricked into hurting itself with some taunting and swift dodging."

September 2, 2023 21:46:17  #23

"..." He just silently nods.

"Say, who are you anyways? I mean. You say most swords wouldn't work, but, yours went through like it was nothing." The other asks.

Time

September 3, 2023 11:11:07  #24

"I am Lycaon, as I had claimed earlier. And neither of you have said your names, which most would say is odd. As for my ability to cleave through its stone hide, I'd like to think it was the same strength that allowed me to match blades with the now-divine Wolf. That shadow of Ash's that came to life. Although, realistically, your explosive had cracked at least its underbelly, and I had simply struck the crack over its heart."

September 5, 2023 03:39:04  #25

"Oh, sorry. We should have introduced ourselves to our savior, at least." The woman sighed, "I'm Red."

"And I'm Rain." The man follows suit, "Sorry. I'm guessing we were thinking about," looks back to the battlefield for a brief moment, "Other things."

Time

September 6, 2023 10:23:57  #26

As the man, now named Rain, looks back, he would see that the only thing left visibly is stone rubble. One would think that black blood would stand out more, but if the thing appeared at sundown; it's likely turning twilight now.

-----------

As Rain looks back, Lycaon stops walking, and similiarly turns to face the cliffs. However he can't exactly see to the cliffs, given the blindfold. "I am hoping at least one of you is more sighted than I for this, but looking at the large walls from this distance, can either of you see fault in its smooth face?"

September 6, 2023 14:42:54  #27

Rain shakes off his thoughts and looks back to Lycaon.

"Faults? Like openings? Ways to climb? Well..." Rain crouches down and unslings his rifle, peering through the scope to view the wall. "It's uh, well. It's a wall all right. I don't really see any imperfections. It's like it's a perfect imagination of a wall."
Oddly enough, there are segments that are taller and more pronounced than others. Like simple towers. Though to anyone's knowledge, the place is uninhabited."

Time

September 6, 2023 22:24:39  #28

"Ah. Perhaps those towers are the points of entry then. It would be worth checking, probably with a larger group. And in daylight. Night is falling, We'd best to keep walking before it gets too much darker."

I'm going to work with the assumption that Lycaon departed perhaps like three hours after midday, and it's now sundown because you haven't told me to not to assume that it's about the early twilight after the beast fight, I think about a third of that time was spent with Lycaon walking along the wall before meeting them. Let's say that they've been talking and walking for about 10 minutes. That would mean that while dawdling, Lycaon walked from the town to the wall in about 2 hours and 40 minutes; and then walked 80 minutes along the wall before meeting with the group. For our convenience, I am going to say that he walked in a direction which would make the distance shorter, and that would mean that since they're going to be walking faster due to trying to make it back before night falls proper... 80 minutes along the cliff divided by 40 subtracts 20 minutes from the walk time, plus the 10 they've already walked so 30 minutes, and with the hastened speed I'll calc out another 10, which leaves them about 2 hours to walk. And also means that since the sun is setting somewhere between 7-8 pm, it's about mid to late spring/early to mid autumn. Or maybe I just thought way too hard about this. Either way, about 2 hours back to the town sounds reasonable to me, and we can just. skim through the small talk if you would like. Regardless of everything else though, it's going to take quite some time for the other thread to get to this point in time. I think. I haven't been looking at it.

September 7, 2023 23:50:08  #29

All this sounds reasonable enough to me. It appears that it will take some time for the other thread to reach around evening, I'll just look to make a time skip to evening at a good spot. For now on this thread, lets go through some conversations.

"...I suppose." Rain shrugs, standing back up and slinging his rifle, "But isn't coming back to look at the wall a bad idea? Look at just what happened..."

Red snorts ignoring her companion's comment, "How will we get others to investigate the tower anyways? Didn't the Flowers say that monsters become even more common or something as anyone approaches the wall?"

Time

September 8, 2023 00:08:27  #30

Lycaon turns back and begins walking again, after Rain secures his rifle. "Is there any other way to the flowers? If there aren't any we can use, it should be relatively easy to convince at least a few others to join into a group, more people means more eyes to see the twisted beasts which would otherwise find our throats."

Board footera