HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2023 12:31:37  #61

Re: [Deity Meeting] The sun is about to set

Huck looked over at Critchun for a moment. While the deity's speech was garbled, he had quite a bit of experience translating those who weren't well-suited for typical conversation (the elder Bushbeasts couldn't really speak if their heads were 20 feet underground, anyways), and he was fairly certain he knew what the other was asking. "Mostly about the existence of Corrupted Deities. And how death works for deities." His ears swiveled briefly around the room before responding again. "Some small talk, too."

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Orphos had elected to stay silent for most of this, preferring to people watch. He didn't know most of those gathered in the room-- the pantheon had changed more drastically than he had anticipated while he dropped off the map-- and he thought it best not to make waves. However the way he rolled his eyes at all the questions didn't help that goal, and his expression turned somehow more unhappy as he realized Apollo was sitting down next to him, and made no attempt to disguise the way he leaned away from the other god in annoyance. Orphos had been hoping this would be a simple "get in, get out" event, but it was rapidly becoming apparent this was not the case. I'm too sober for this.

At that, a large tankard of mead appeared in front of him. He snatched it off the table in an instant and held it close, as if expecting someone to take it from him. He took a long sip, eyeing the image of the ambrosia flower that Ark had conjured as he did so.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

The hare had been munching contentedly on its pile of grass this whole time, making no move to contribute to the conversations happening around it. It didn't care about the Corrupted Deities or anything else that was being discussed, until one of them created an image of a familiar flower. The piece of grass it was chewing on fell from its mouth as it stood up on its hind legs as tall as it could, reaching for the image with its front paws. It had only seen the flower once, next to some mortal bleeding out on the ground. Funnily enough, it was before all of this deity stuff happened to it. Not that it mattered now. That flower was the best thing it had ever tasted in its life! To hear that the flower was still around somewhere was great news. Perhaps it could snack on it again.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

April 13, 2023 13:33:41  #62

Critchun looks briefly, and mildly, fearful when Huck mentions death, but quickly recovers from the display. "Death. Silent. Nah.. gub. nah gud ah oll." They stare at the ambrosia flower image, those didn't exist back in her day. "hwot? ay is fluwre.. emportin?"

Ash nods slightly as he feels the cup warm, and watches Ark. "Don't they appear rather regularly? Why is this one any more interesting than the others?" Ash notices Orphos grabbing the mead, and honestly doesn't blame him. They're rather glad Apollo chose to sit on the other side of Orphos, he doesn't know how much arrogance they could withstand through today.

The Devout fills their seat properly again, now that the discussion has moved away from the CDs. Man, she kinda wishes- oh wait some dark chocolate appeared in front of it. Neat. They're not going to remove its mask in front of so many strangers, so she simply puts their hands on the table around it in a small attempt to hide the chocolate from Seis' group.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

April 13, 2023 15:08:33  #63

Nemesis grumbled under her breath but otherwise raised no other protests to Ruin's weapon. She eyed the image of the flower, waiting for further elaboration.

Marsh tilts their head with an expression of equal parts confusion and intrigue, "Yeah, what's so special about that one?"

Somnus has floated back up, his beanbag chair shifting to the four poster bed he was laying on before. He seems to recognize the flower judging by how he won't, or can't, stop staring at it, "Oh wow, those still exist?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 13, 2023 18:37:38  #64

“This one has decided to make it a little more difficult for people to get to it.” Ark zooms out the image, revealing a massive landscape composed of almost every biome imaginable. Islands float in the sky, and a massive jungle lies directly in front of the flower’s location. That location being, of course, a massive mountain. “Ta-da!”

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 13, 2023 23:26:34  #65

"Why, thank you for the greeting," Germaine replies to Galaxian with a light chuckle. "And thank you again. I hope the same goes for you."
She noticed the moved chair but wasn't sure if it was meant for her or... what it was moved for in the first place. Maybe she should get another chair instead. So, as Ark began to speak, Germaine pulled out the other chair nearest to her and made herself comfortable on it.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 13, 2023 23:42:50  #66

"...Just looks like a weird flower to me..." Lumi muttered to Kradly.

Seis somewhat smiled at Lumi's comment, mainly because they agreed. It just looked like a plain old pretty flower. They didn't get it's importance at all.

Apollo sighed thoughtfully while staring at the flower image. He thought about his own deityship. Such a beautiful flower!

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 14, 2023 10:35:03  #67

Naiyan was swiping boredly on phone-sized blue holographic tablet. One of the jacks hanging from her headphones was plugged into the bottom of the tablet. The other swayed slightly, as if blown by a non-existent breeze.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 16, 2023 18:17:22  #68

((Let's just ignore the weird time inconsistency thing with the flowers and stuff and let's just talk about flower lore guys))

Time nods, "I think it's strange, that this is going on. From what I've heard, nothing like this has really happened. Ambrosia flowers are more spontaneous in showing up."

"Should we go over the contestents? There's bound to be winners and losers, and a few new deities soon."

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 16, 2023 20:48:57  #69

(Considering Marsh is still here, I'm assuming in the vague nebulous timeline this meeting takes place before the domain starts? And only one flower is mentioned so maybe the other two haven't popped up yet?)

Nemesis says something for the second time during this entire thread, "I believe Ark is referring to the odd terrain surrounding the flower. My..." She paused, searching for the right words, "follower's friend is one of the 'contestants' I believe. He's told me about some dream-visions he's been having."

Somnus pipes up at the mention of dreams, "Oh I know that place! It's been showing up in a few minds lately, thought it was just mass hallucination."

"This doesn't seem very good to be honest," Marsh admits, "People would kill for that flower right?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 16, 2023 22:09:46  #70

"I imagine some already have. I don't see why we should need to get involved yet, but we should keep an eye on it. In case our enemies try to tip the scales in a contestant's favour, or otherwise ruin the flower's game." While the cup isn't getting colder, Ash continues to slowly rotate it simply for something to do with his hands.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

April 17, 2023 01:06:41  #71

((Actually, I think that would probably be a really good time point to place this meeting. So before anything goes down at the DoF, but still far enough for most contestants to be present and waiting))

"Yeah. That too. I though ambrosia flowers were more subtle when showing up. I don't remember anything like this happening before." Time shakes his head.

"I believe we shouldn't get involved either. At most, we spectate. If the flower is trying to do some sort of test to those who deserve it's power, then I think it would be wrong to attempt to bias it towards contestants."

"I didn't hear about the dreams part... but... isn't that the flower trying to communicate with people? Not only that, but a notable group of people??" Time says, squinting his eyes. Its clear while he's calm on the outside, the idea of ambrosia flowers having the ability to communicate is outstanding. Could all the flowers do it? Or is it just this one instance? Are the flowers in question special?

Time

April 17, 2023 05:18:38  #72

“I don’t know. All I know is that all this,” Ark waves at the area around the flower. “Wasn’t here before. Speaking of spectating, I had some ideas for how we would go about that.” 

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 18, 2023 19:12:46  #73

"Oh? Time raises a brow to Ark, "Do tell."

Time

April 24, 2023 08:40:28  #74

Ark waves the holographic flower away, and pulls up a new image, this time of a massive ship. Chains replace the sails and stretch up into the sky, and the bottom of the ship is entirely invisible. "Here's what I had in mind. It'll fly high enough so that we won't be visible, but we'll be able to see what happens down below."

Axel
I aten't dead

April 24, 2023 15:46:06  #75

"And you're assuming none of the contestants can fly high enough that they'd be able to see?" Ash leans against the table, pressing his weight onto the edge with their elbows. "I don't believe we'll need to keep such a close eye as to require a vessel like that.  Patrols to sense out influence from other divinities would likely work fine enough for the flower's game."

April 25, 2023 23:09:41  #76

"We could at least use it to be close enough to respond if whatever needed is required." Time shrugs, "Who knows, maybe it might be good notifying that the pantheon is spectating everyone's actions."

Time

April 26, 2023 19:07:50  #77

Something about the conversation doesn't sit right with Marsh, he can't quite place it. "Were...is it not expected? To inform everyone involved that the pantheon is spectating their actions?"

"Spectating as in watching the event like it's entertainment." Nemesis cuts in, "The guy's right, if this was just regarding the safety of the contestants, there's no need for such a vessel. It's intrusive. Probably planning on placing bets too huh."

Marsh looks dumbfounded, like the thought of deities using mortals as entertainment had never even occurred to him.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 26, 2023 21:28:38  #78

Francis's expression was unreadable, other than his jaw subconsciously clenched tight. He was completely still, other than his eyes flicking from one speaker to the next.

Lumi shifted uncomfortably.

Silence crunched on some candy, only paying enough attention that their eyebrows furrowed. They were watching Echo (who was not paying attention at all) draw on their hand.

Seis had blanked out, confused by the whole discussion. She felt uneasy, the idea of being watched putting a sinking feeling in her gut. She grabbed a pamphlet, fiddling with it's edges, not yet opening it.

Apollo spoke up, raising his hand like a student yet not waiting to speak, "Why don't we just, like, get the names of people who want the flower, put everyone's names in a hat, and draw from it? I think that would be more fair!" The flamboyant man grinned like he was a genius.
"Plus, no one gets hurt!"

Ruin's eyebrow twitched, a soft, short, sigh of a breath coming from him.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 26, 2023 22:33:33  #79

"No, there's clearly something at play here. The ambrosia flowers don't typical appear like this, they appear near dying mortals who either got lucky or passed some invisible test. I don't which, and I do not believe any of us will fully know how they behave. And I believe that it is clear that this is how the flower wished to be found and taken, so we should not decide the winner. I think that it is best that we only exert enough influence to ensure that others do not do the same, and merely keeping tabs on the contenders should be more than enough." Ash puts his cup of warmth down, and folds their hands before continuing, "And I agree with Time, a physical display of some sort to notify all involved that we are watching will likely be useful. But I do not believe that an airship is the ideal marker for such a thing." They pause for a moment too long to be a continuation, however continues to speak, "Ah, perhaps we should put this to a vote? That would certainly help decide the course of action we take in dealing with this."

April 27, 2023 05:40:44  #80

it's funny because all the deities are basically saying "ark this idea is bad" and he goes and does it anyway))

Ark sits in his chair and waits patiently for the vote to commence.

Axel
I aten't dead

April 28, 2023 17:27:24  #81

"Ugh. How totally un-fabulous," Apollo sighed, resting his chin in his hand with a huff.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 28, 2023 19:35:17  #82

((That's nearly everything with Ark "Ark this idea is bad"))

"If a airship is not a good marker, then what is Ash?" Time asks, not really declaring if he's for or against the idea Ark proposed.

But what he does recognize is the other point Ash made, directing this one to Apollo, as he brought it up, "He is right on that if this is what the flower wants, I suppose that's what we should do." Time nods, "We barely know anything about it. If we did do something, we would just be getting in the way of the selection process of a deity. Which I, for one, am against no matter who the victor is."

Time

May 8, 2023 01:18:20  #83

Orphos folded his arms across his chest, his expression unreadable. "I suppose it would be best for us to keep an eye on things, but not directly interfere." he chose his words carefully. The god would most likely be in the thick of things more than some of the others would like, but it wasn't like him to pass up what would likely be hundreds, if not thousands of people clamoring for a piece of divinity. 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

May 9, 2023 01:13:57  #84

Whatever the original intention of pulling out the chair was, Galaxian doesn't seem to give an indication of it. Instead, keeping his grip on it, it and he dematerialize spontaneously.
Even now as he's talking, his voice is disembodied. "I don't seem to see this as a deity-only affair. Has it been classified as such?"
Sounds like one of his fake hypothetical questions. 
"If it isn't," he continues, "then to the rest of you, please relay any concerns or questions that you may have. I can see the possibility of this discussion being quick to leave behind those without context. Or otherwise."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 16, 2023 00:57:51  #85

Silence hummed a little before saying, "Yeah, I guess I'd make sense for us mortals to say something, considering that mortals are the ones, like, goin' after the flower and all." There was a pause. "I mean, I ain't got anything to say about it. I don't particularly care about the idea of being immortal." There was a relaxed shrug, and Silence popped a grape into the air, catching it it their mouth. They then nudged Francis, raising their eyebrows.

Francis tilted his head, taking a moment to think. "Yeah, I guess I'm a bit lost." He laughed lightly, wringing his hands. "Or, well, I guess I don't really get it, I think. The whole point of watching, I mean. To me, it seems a little... counterproductive? Paradoxical? I'm not sure of what word, but if this whole thing is the flower chosing, well..." Francis grimaced, not liking where he himself was going with this. "...I mean, wouldn't it also be chosing who lives and dies? Like, some sort of 'fate' type thing?" He air-quoted the word "fate".

"I mean, adding on, wouldn't watching also involve not stepping in at all, even if others do? And then, well, then it just becomes some sort of... gameshow, I guess? Watching each contestant and all." Francis moved his hands a lot as he talked, pushing up his glasses and waving his hands around to emphasize.

Echo said with a frown, "But gameshows are fun! That doesn't sound fun at all." She then went back to drawing on Silence's hand (well, now their arm).

Apollo said, "Hm... well, at least someone could document it or something! Then we could just write it off as some sort of minor historical moment! Ooh, I wonder if we could contact some sort of history or anthropology deity! Wouldn't that be interesting?!" Apollo clasped his hands together in excitement.

Francis didn't like that response, mumbling, "...That's... a little morbid..."

Lumi spoke up, "What Francis is getting at is that he's concerned about respect or whatever. Like, he thinks this whole idea is mocking, right?"

Francis blushed, mumbling even more with, "I don't want to be rude..."

"Yeah, well, I don't give a damn." Lumi rolled his eyes. "Anyway, Francis is just wondering why everyone wants to watch. Not just the whole noble idea of 'making it less biased'-" Lumi made his voice all squeaky and batted his eyelashes, clasping his hands in a very rude way of imitating the deities there. Slowly, he then pointed to each deity.  "-but why each of you individually want to watch." Lumi folded his arms. "Or whatever. Francis won't admit it, but he's nosy as hell."

Francis blushed deeper, feeling embarrassed over both being called out and how rude Lumi was acting. Francis gave Kradly a look that screamed Help! Do something about him before he starts saying worse things!

Seis was reading the pamphlet, trying to hide from the embarrassment.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

May 17, 2023 16:58:38  #86

"I for one have no interest in the business of strangers or magical flowers." Nemesis says, "Do what you will but I won't be showing my face."

Marsh hums affirmatively, though it seems she's not all there. "Right, sorry, I'm still hung up on how we've determined that a lot of people will probably die for this flower, and we're just supposed to be fine with that?"

"Oh don't be concerned!" Somnus pipes up, somehow having made his way directly above Marsh's head, "Everybody dies, that's the point of living!"

Marsh drew in a sharp breath, eyes wide, "That is... not reassuring at all."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

May 17, 2023 17:58:28  #87

"I also share your concerns in why spectating would be necessary as well as the potential casualties that may be entailed. However, outside of the involvement of immortality, what difference is there between ordinary conflict between mortals and this particular pursuit of immortality? If it's their choice to pursue godhood, then without regard to their future alignment in deity-involved wars, what responsibility do we have to stop them from pursuing their objectives to their deaths?" The deity seems to be directly addressing Marsh, though his lack of physical appearance combined with his voice makes him sound detached, to an almost abnormal degree. "In essence, if we as deities were to intend to interfere in this conflict, then perhaps we should consider extending our influence to the more mundane."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 17, 2023 22:49:48  #88

"I have no interest in the conflict itself, I take problem in that our enemies might use this opportunity to raise their allies. I also have issue if one of us does the same. This is why I'm only proposing to observe and stop other gods from interfering with the participants." Ash seems somewhat defensive about this, but it's likely just standard 'how do you not agree' reaction, as I'd imagine Ash is very used to being agreed with considering the fairly sound logic he's using. At least, they think it's sound.

The Devout pipes up about that, speaking loudly so as to be heard by Ash on the other side of the table, "But is that not in itself an act of interference? What is the boundary on what counts as interference? I imagine at least some of the pursuers are calling upon the strength of one god or another, similiar to how my Liege grants me strength. Would that not count as influencing the result?"

May 17, 2023 23:36:17  #89

((Sorry if this states something already said, I'm trying to catch up with the posts haha))

Oh dear, Germaine thought internally when she saw the disappearance of deity and chair.
Despite that, she heard Galaxian seemed to be alright, and decided then to pay attention to the conversation topics. It did seem some of the participants had strong opinions on the topic.
She raised her right hand gracefully. "I would like to say something. Immortality and deityhood are sensitive topics, as is the appearance of the flowers and their undeniable relationship with deities. As far as I understand, the flowers show up in what seem to be randomized patterns. This time, the only difference is that the flower's location is known by several beings, is it not?" Germaine paused for breath, managing a polite smile to add to her words. "This is my opinion only, but should deities truly choose who gets to achieve godhood or not? I believe not. That would lead to a need of every mortal's death and every flower's appearance being monitored. If this flower in particular has attracted even the attention of the divine, perhaps it is so they can be impartial judges. It would not surprise me to find out that those who wish to gain this flower have greed-filled hearts, so it falls to the already-existing deities to be aware of what the outcome will be without influencing it."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 17, 2023 23:40:16  #90

Echowo wrote:

Francis gave Kradly a look that screamed Help! Do something about him before he starts saying worse things!

Kradly slapped the table area in front of Lumi and pinched his cheek with his whole hand right afterwards. Still holding a strong grip on his twin's face (even if he tried to resist), he said, "I'm so sorry my delightful brother is being all troublesome, mocking you all like this. Would you mind if I, ah, I dunno, maybe shut him up for a little bit? We can take this outside, no prob."
Regardless of the answer, or perhaps not waiting for it, Krad pulled Lumi's face closer to his own. "You clearly haven't learned nothing about respect for deities and all that thing. Maybe just close your mouth for good measure, or we're both leaving and we're BOTH missing on the info from here," he whispered in a threatening tone.
The truth is, Kradly wasn't very happy Lumi had made some sort of trouble just when the conversation around was getting interesting. Of course he couldn't refuse Francis's silent plea for help, and that irked him. Couldn't Lumi have kept his mouth shut for at least a few more minutes? Please, just at the moment he wanted to listen to deity gossip!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera