HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2023 03:03:14  #31

Re: [Deity Meeting] The sun is about to set

"If you wish for mortals to listen into the activities of deities. By all means, go ahead. I assume you sent out an invitation to them for some reason or other." He shakes his head, "I suppose I'll trust you on your choice. For now."

Time nods the the Darkest Devout. "That, I assumed much. Deities who won't be showing should obviously send a representative in their stead. I know a few who cannot show, so it makes sense."

He narrows his eyes, glancing across those who surrounded the table. He recognized a few non deity figures around, but not all of them. He wished to ask more about the need of their presence, what exactly they themselves were doing here, and even if they were representing a deity, but he figured it would  not be a productive use of time. Plus,  he said that it was acceptable to Galaxian already.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 7, 2023 08:45:12  #32

Chronos nudged Time's shoulder. "Hey, don't be rude," she whispered. "You're staring at everyone."

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 7, 2023 09:42:51  #33

"Rivalry?" Marsh piped up curiously, "Who? I mean now would be the perfect time to settle any old grievances right? Since everyone's here, and we're on neutral ground."

Somnus snickers quietly at the notion. His attention however is drawn back to the group of mortals, or specifically Seis and her little though spiral. His bed shifts to a smaller, more comfortable, beanbag chair as he drifts towards the group. He somehow gets close enough to flick her on the forehead, "Quiet down. Some of us are trying to sleep."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2023 12:10:38  #34

Seis jumped and made a face, confused and producing more thoughts. Seems like Somnus got an opposite reaction. In fact, Seis's friends also seem to be producing more thoughts, all a little annoyed at Somnus and confused at his words. 

Before Seis could apologize, Silence barked, "The hell? What gives? They ain't doing anything, Seis hasn't even said a word!" They shifted into a cat, lightly batting at Somnus. Thankfully, their claws aren't out. Seems like Silence is trying to not really fight. 

"Shoo, shoo! Go on, get!" Silence meowed. It sounds more like they're talking to some sort of annoying animal, a bit humorous in their current form. "Meow! Don't just flick innocent people on the head!" 

Lumi asked, genuine, "We're allowed to sleep?" 

Francis picked Silence up, earning a light paw-slap on his arm and a loud (and very human-like) meow from Silence. He held his friend away from Somnus and scolded them for acting so rashly. Then, saying in what sounds like a customer service tone, Francis said to Somnus, "Sorry about them, but their reasoning for being mad is a bit logical. As they said: Seis hasn't said a word. Forgive us of any rude manners, and forgive me of scolding you, but please refrain from doing that again without a good reason. It was mean and unnecessary." Silence looks really funny, scrunched up in Francis's hands. Silence glared at Somnus. 

Seis's face is now completely red, very visibly upset and embarrassed by all of this. They start to sip more water, trying to calm themself down, staring at the bottle and not meeting anyone's gaze. Someone kill me, Seis thought. Why is talking so hard?! Just say something, anything, idiota! 

--- 

​Apollo and Echo are late! Very late! Apollo, carrying Echo like a football (who is very unappreciative over this fact), yelled out in a singsong manner, "HELLOOOOOOO?! ANYONE HEEEEERE?" They justed entered the tower. Ruin is following behind, closely and scanning for any auras, looking annoyed and grumpy (as per usual). 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 7, 2023 21:47:16  #35

"Oh I'm sorry." Somnus apologizes, backing up from the group, "It's just your brain is very loud." He pauses as if considering something, "that was also rude thing to say, I'm sorry again." 

Last edited by Marsh (April 8, 2023 08:17:21)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2023 01:11:16  #36

"Then I will state that I'm honored by your trust in my decision as a senior deity," he states to Time, giving some sort of smile to accompany his words. "Though," he continues in reference to the Devout, "my personal reasoning was somewhat different from that." He smiles more like his usual self, now looking more towards Marsh. "If I were so uncareful, then I may as well have invited the Corrupted Deities here too, no? There is a limit to openness, after all."
He seems entirely unbothered by the spike of noise that accompanied Apollo and company's debut. Wonder if it's because his sense of perception is different from most others'.

Another Galaxian appears next to Ark, an apologetic expression on his face. Seems like he's done juggling all the different topics with one form. In any case, this form seems slightly younger, with slightly shorter hair, and an outfit that seems more similar to his usual preferences. His hair is shinier, somehow, too. 
"I'm sorry for the late response, Ark," he says, again apologetically. "I've been doing well, but doing the same things as usual. How have you been? Any exciting updates on your part?" 

Aaaand another Galaxian appears next to Ash and Orphos, who will be grouped together proximally in location for the purpose of convenience. "Hi. I think there will be an answer in regard to your question during the meeting. I do apologize for there not being one at first, though." He narrows his eyes slightly, giving a more playful semblance to his faux-serious expression. "It seems I somehow underestimated the time needed for participants to familiarize themselves with each other."
The new Galaxian copies are identical to each other in appearance, at least for the moment. Maybe so that there's no Galaxian Nine or something. Exponential Galaxian duplication would probably be fun for himself only.

As for the tardy newcomers, they face the entry hallway of a tower with one half that looks just as dilapidated as the day it was left destroyed. In turn, the sunlight shining through the gaps and windows remains as bright red as it was upon the entrances of the earlier participants. Truly, the life of a place is marked by those who inhabit it. 
As a matter of fact, the solitude remains wholly unruptured by a solitary someone leaning against the entrance--in fact, situated behind the hurried newcomers--who silently turns and watches them rather than speaking, perhaps out of consideration of startling them.
There is no need to shout, states a certain deity's telepathic voice, resonating in the minds of both deities and the attendant. And there are indeed someones here. Please continue to walk forward or indicate your interest in being transported directly to the meeting's location.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 8, 2023 03:25:24  #37

Basket Cat wrote:

Chronos nudged Time's shoulder. "Hey, don't be rude," she whispered. "You're staring at everyone."

"What? Is staring at people rude?? Isn't eye contact and looking at people key to communication?" He whispers back.

Nevertheless,  he did try to lessen the staring as we waited for possible topics of the meeting to rise up.

Yo and btw was Marsh's question ever answered?

Time

April 8, 2023 08:20:26  #38

"Uh so, not 100% neutral ground?" Marsh asked, unsure of what Galaxian meant, "Wait, what are corrupted deities? Is that a stupid question? That sounds like a stupid question."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 8, 2023 09:42:11  #39

Ash nods at the Galaxian that appeared nearby, before thinking that perhaps he should join a discussion at the table. Unfortunately, they do not know thing to say and thus just sits there semi-awkwardly.

Critchun, on the other hand, wants to talk with the tree guy. She's interested in learning about him. Uhh how does it start conversation... oh he knows! They poke Huck and say, "Du.. yuo knew. Hwat, tay're seyinj?" Maybe I should start providing translations on Critchun. I'll consider it later.

DD sits peculiarly still, as though distracted by something elsewhere. Or just waiting for the meeting to turn to one topic or another.

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (April 8, 2023 09:42:55)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

April 8, 2023 09:52:25  #40

“All good.” Ark nods to the Galaxian clone standing near him. “I’ve been doing alright, just the usual stuff, same as you. Had a minor mental mishap but it should be fine now, in theory.” Ark looks around at Epheral, observing the red light that lingers all around the area. “What’s the red glow about?”

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 8, 2023 18:45:28  #41

Francis sat Silence back in their seat. Silence huffed a little, tail swishing as they stared at Somnus. And then their glare softens. 

"Well, alrighty then. And I'm sorry for reacting the way I did and stuff, trying to, like, bap you and all," Silence meowed. "And for yelling at you and stuff." 

Maybe we could set up a mental barrier to block out other's thoughts?" Francis suggested. "Although it would definitely be harder to set up than a physical one, maybe if all of us try, then you can have some quiet." 

Lumi nodded, chewing on a cupcake, "Yeah, I'm sure one of us here could probably create one. Or maybe a combination of magic could do it, or something." He then shrugged. 

Seis starts eating a cookie. 

------- 

Apollo is the first to stop and speak, with Ruin nearly colliding into him due to the sudden stop. 

"Oh! Yes! Please take us to the meeting directly! That would be wonderful," Apollo said. He doesn't notice the person standing at the entrance. Ruin, however, turns towards the direction of the person, hand still on sword hilt. 

"My Lord, I am assuming you are to ask whoever is over there," Ruin said. "Please become aware of your surroundings." Ruin seems a little bit sassy today, which is pretty much how he usually is. 

Apollo turns to look, and smiled, "Oh! Thank you, Ruin. You are bright as ever!" Then, speaking to the person at the door, Apollo asked, "Are we suppose to ask you to transport us?" 

Echo stays quiet, squirming out of Apollo's hold now that he's finally stopped running. She stands up straight, stretching. 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 8, 2023 22:26:48  #42

Marsh wrote:

"Uh so, not 100% neutral ground?" Marsh asked, unsure of what Galaxian meant, "Wait, what are corrupted deities? Is that a stupid question? That sounds like a stupid question."

Time, first of all, recognizes this deity om their interaction a while back. The one that ran away. Yeah. That guy, "Glad you could make it. I was somewhat wondering if you'd show."

"I'll keep the synopsis simple. They're usually alternate beings that take over a normal deity's body. They have the same power levels of a deity, and most of them have a peculiarity to destruction. I say most, because all are not like that." He pauses for a moment, his eyes look as if they are remembering a distant memory, then they lock back to Marsh, "Of course, some normal deities are in league with the CDs, so don't think it's always so black and white. Or that's my two cents."

"In fact, this place used to be a large tower. But due to the Corrupted Deities and their actions, it's been reduced to a lot of rubble, as you can see. What happened here probably has to do something with this red glow as well. That's my guess." He makes a hand gesture to the surroundings to highlight his point, "So in the end it's neutral ground. For the Pantheon. I'm assuming that people that would normally hang around here wouldn't enjoy the presence of the Corrupted Deities."

Time

April 9, 2023 01:46:54  #43

"It's not a stupid question by any means," Galaxian adds to Marsh, perhaps seeking to reassure them. "In fact, it was negligence on my part in not giving you a definition to start off with. It's my bad."
There's a little pause before he says, "Maybe there should be some sort of threat informance program for new deities or something. So they aren't targeted and eliminated right after they gain immortality." He mutters to himself, "Or maybe the coincidental meetings could solve that...?"
Talking way too much again, Galaxi.

The copy nearby Ash and Orphos nudges a cup of dark coffee towards the former, possibly as some sort of joke.

"Mental mishap...?" The immortal raises one eyebrow at that, but doesn't miss a beat when it comes to Ark's question. He's back to his mischievous grin again. "Want to guess?"

Some food is sporadically appearing on the table, specifically every half-minute or so. The meaning behind it is anyone's guess. The narrator at least would like to caution against one-time gorging, though. It's not healthy.

The red-tinged silhouette doesn't reply. Perhaps it is because the visitors' transportation is already in process. For the three of them, the entrance of the tower grows hazy, the scarlet glow as if a bloody mist, as the contours of the meeting space instead takes its place.
Without any sound, they appear next to their friends. The observant eye can note a faint silver thread disappearing from each of their backs from the base up. Unintentional jumpscare!

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 9, 2023 20:24:05  #44

"Oh I doubt it'd work," Somnus replied straightforwardly, "besides, it's usually fine if I keep my eyes close. There are just a few edge cases sometimes." His head tilted slightly, pondering, "Say have we met before? Y'all seem familiar..."

Marsh nodded along to Time's words, a little bit of body language to show they're listening. Their eyes widen when Galaxian says the words "targeted and eliminated." Unable to keep the edge of panic out of their voice, "Wh- did I hear that right? Eliminated?? Isn't like the whole thing with immortality, I donno, not dying? Also yeah, an informance program would be nice." Somehow a charcuterie board ends up on Marsh's lap, they are for sure stress snacking.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 9, 2023 21:08:09  #45

Ash doesn't drink coffee, but he does take the cup for something hot to hold. "Immortality does not always mean deathless. A phoenix is immortal, and yet they die repeatedly. Immortality simply allows us to live on; depending on how the cards are played. However, it seems that some have learned how to tear the deck." Ash glances at Orphos as they say their final sentence.

The Devout also replies to Marsh, saying, "There is also that immortality is not always guaranteed with godhood, and even if it is, a mortal soul is not as quick to acclimate as their body. Fresh divinity could be in a similiarly fragile state as molten metal or fresh bread."

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

April 9, 2023 21:24:30  #46

Although they were transported silently, Apollo by no means wants to stay quiet! He does his usual posing and dramatic flare, raising his voice to draw attention to him. (Echo immediately took a seat beside Silence, not wanting to be caught up in Apollo's little performance, finding it embarrassing no matter how many variations of it she had endured).

"HELLO, everyone! Apologies for being OH-SO fashionably late!" Apollo greeted, looking around the room. This man knows no shame, and is definitely proud of it. "Your beautiful god of the splendid sun, the wonderful pastime of daydreaming, and the coolest of constellations has arrived!" Apollo gives a cheerful grin, sparkles practically radiating off of him like an anime boy or something of that manner. With that, he takes a random seat. This happens to be by Orphos, probably the worst choice of seating possible.

Ruin follows Apollo without a word, hand still on his sword, ready to draw it the second anyone poses a threat to Apollo. His tail is swishing nervously from the large amount of presences around, despite some of the more familiar auras.

---

Silence tilted their head at Somnus.

"Hmm... I dunno!"

Francis and Lumi try to figure it out too, while Seis is still off in his own world. Seis is still worrying over speaking up, RIP.

Silence said to Somnus, "I sorta get what you mean, but I can't place my paw on it." Their paw taps their chin, which looks really unnatural for a cat to do.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 10, 2023 01:48:13  #47

"Right. The definition of immortality aside, Forengardian gods maybe have an even more partial immortality than phoenixes." Galaxian points towards the ceiling. "Phoenixes never stay dead. Gods can. And the thing with our immortality seems to be that gods can kill gods, similar to how humans can kill humans."
"But I hope that this doesn't serve as a source of panic!" he immediately supplements. "If you're worried about your safety, there are others you can rely on in addition to your own abilities, and a meeting like this is intended to keep a good number of entities up to date on what they might need to concern themselves with."

"Welcome. You're pretty much on time," states the Galaxian copy closest to the newcomers. He sports an easygoing grin as he speaks. "We're just...socializing a bit before the meeting starts, I suppose. Please help yourself to any food you would like. Additionally, take a pamphlet if you would like as well. I hope you enjoy yourselves."
With that, he starts towards one of the less-acknowledged guests--Germaine. Hopefully she won't be startled by him nearing her, since he doesn't give any indication of his intended destination.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 10, 2023 07:22:31  #48

Ark thinks for a moment. "I doubt it's just the sunset. Hm... Does the light reflect your emotional state? Do you feel particularly red today, Galaxian?"

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 10, 2023 15:07:39  #49

"Perfect! I can be well-dressed-on-time, then!" Apollo laughed with cheer, grabbing a pamphlet and opening it with too much of a dramatic flourish. 

Ruin placed himself behind Apollo, declining Apollo's bade to sit down and relax. He only stood, stiff and still as a statue, ears twitching as he listened to the conversations all around. He doesn't look grumpy anymore, but rather... emotionless. It doesn't suit him. 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 10, 2023 21:50:10  #50

Chronos sat back and listened to Time talking away. She didn't really have much to the conversation to add at the moment.

~~

Suddenly a pixely blue portal appeared, and Naiyan bounced out in her holographic form. "Sorry I'm late! Got held up dealing with some malware!" She pulled her feet up, hovering in a cross-legged position.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 11, 2023 01:23:52  #51

His mouth remains dangling open for a moment after Ark's answer, and then he laughs.
"That's a funny guess," he concedes right after his giggle. "But no, I think it'd be immature of me to do something like that. Literally putting my emotions on display. That wouldn't do at all."
He brushes some of his bangs out of one eye. "No, the actual reason is symbolic." His smile disappears, yielding a more serious demeanor. 
"'May the sun never truly set upon us,'" he states. 
For some reason, although his voice hasn't changed at all, it feels older than usual. 

There's not much to the pamphlet, though there seems to be more content to it than one would think. There's a list of names, for one, of the participants currently at the meeting. And for the deities, there's a list of their factors of governance. Galaxian seemed to have intentionally put his own name nearer to the end this time. "Galaxian-loyalty and life." 
There doesn't seem to be any particular order to the names, like by order of arrival. For example, Apollo's name can be found in the middle, semi-proximal to the front, and Ruin's is right beneath his. There's a little sun sticker next to Ruin's name, too. How cute.

"Don't worry. You're pretty much on time too," the other Galaxian copy semi-repeats to Naiyan. "Please take a seat or talk with others here, whichever is your preference. We'll hopefully get started more officially soon."
How soon is soon? He probably wouldn't be able to tell you either. But he does want to get at least one more greeting over with on his end. And so he hurries along again, rounding the edge of the table in what is now a very obvious beeline towards a certain forest spirit.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 07:19:07  #52

Ark notices the slight change. "Indeed. May the sun never set upon us." He grins, then looks around at the other deities. "Looks like more people have shown up. Think we should get started?"

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (April 11, 2023 07:20:19)

Axel
I aten't dead

April 11, 2023 08:40:09  #53

Naiyan skipped over to a seat and sat down, a few stray pixels trailing behind her as her hologram glitched slightly.

April 11, 2023 14:42:07  #54

Apollo smiled at the little sticker next to Ruin's name, but soon his smile faltered due to surprise as he read the names of the participants. A specific name caught his eye and shock. 

Oh! That must have been recent, then! Apollo thought, completely incorrect in assumption. I will congratulate her once she's by herself. She's quite the shy one. Love, demons, and dichotomy... How fitting! I wonder if Seis has looked at this pamphlet! 

Honestly, Seis would have saved a lot of worrying if she did. However, this thought hasn't even crossed her mind yet, not even to get used to the names beforehand. Instead, Seis is just listening to people talk while chewing on candy. Seis is not good at socializing, which is obvious and unneeded to be said. 

Echo tells Silence about rocks, handing them a bunch of said rocks. She reaches over and sets one on Seis's hand, but Seis is too nervous to even notice. Echo frowned at this, knowing how much Seis likes rocks, but continued on her info dump to Silence. 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 11, 2023 19:44:57  #55

"That..actually makes a lot of sense." Marsh mused out loud. Something in their posture relaxes, though not for long because they very nearly jump out of their seat at Apollo's sudden arrival.

Nemesis' eyes immediately train on Ruin and his sword. "I thought no weapons were allowed." She states simply.

Somnus' attention bounced from the new arrivals, quick glances to familiarize himself with where everyone is and what they looked like. It seems he took a liking to Naiyan's appearance specifically as he too took on a more holographic appearance, giggling giddily when his beanbag chair left little pixels behind as he did a spin.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 11, 2023 21:33:07  #56

Germaine's gaze went over everyone present, both new arrivals and the ones who were there before her. Some she didn't recognize. Perhaps there were deities who didn't go out as much. Anyway, even more reason for them to be present at this meeting. 
Marsh's questions about immortality and Corrupted Deities inevitably caused Germaine's expression to fall and then sour. How incredible to think that there were deities not aware of the CD's problems. Were they lucky to not know and not be affected, or did that leave them vulnerable instead? Whatever the case, now Marsh knew about the topic. 
A small sigh escaped her lips. The Forst Spirit's acute hearing made her aware of all the exchanges going on in the room--though of course she didn't mean to eavesdrop on everyone, only paying attention to the topics she considered more important to herself. She finally approached a chair, stopping before touching it to look at the most recently arrived guests. A small wave towards them even if they weren't looking at her, and then she turned around, and then she saw Galaxian approaching. Her characteristic smile came back to her face.
"Hello there, Galaxian," she greeted warmly, momentarily leaving aside her intention of sitting on the chair.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 11, 2023 22:49:02  #57

Ash is turning the cup of coffee in his hands, trying to find where the cup's still warm. "While we are on the subject, I am also largely unaware of the Corrupted Deities. I know that they did not disturb my forest, and that a certain shade has joined their rank. Is anyone here able to provide further details?"

The Darkest Devout is trying to make itself look small. And also seems to be baffled by Apollo's arrogance.

Critchun is waiting for Huck to respond to their questionably-a-sentence, but is amused by Apollo's appearance and is looking at all the newcomers.

April 12, 2023 14:40:05  #58

Ruin turned towards the sound of Nemesis' voice and replied, "No incivility, that's what the letter said, correct? I do not think having my weapon on my side would count as instigating a fight. I have not even drawn it." His hand latched tighter to his sword. "I am simply here to protect My Lord if needed be."  

"Ruinnnn, don't call me that," Apollo whined. He sounded like a little kid. "That's too formaaaaal... you're being WAY too formal!"   

Last edited by Echowo (April 12, 2023 14:40:25)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 13, 2023 02:20:41  #59

"Sure, but it's a bit awkward being the one to talk all the time." He tilts his head again, giving the purple-themed god a faint smile. "Maybe you have a topic that could get us started? No problem if you don't, but if you do, I'd appreciate it." He pauses. "As would everyone else, probably."

He's stalling for time, really--time for his other copy to halt a ways away from the Forest Spirit. Now the approach part seems easier than the greeting part. "Hi," he says to her, almost shyly. 
There's yet another awkward pause as he slowly pulls out the chair to the side. Presumably it's for her, but does he not perceive the fact that she didn't do so herself in order to talk to him? His mannerisms are stranger than usual, perhaps, but he ultimately does return his gaze to her again. 
"I hope you'll enjoy the meeting. Let me know if you need anything," he states.
...oddly formal of him, but that's okay.

The deity's not too sure which aspect Marsh was referring to, but he says nevertheless, "We can talk about the topic during the meeting if you'd like. Just bring it up yourself or let someone know." He glances towards Ash. "Or maybe we could have it serve as a starting topic. It seems an inquiry has been brought up regarding it."

The cup of coffee seems to grow warmer, as if sensing Ash's intent. Interesting.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2023 11:06:23  #60

"Alright, I'll get us started." Ark walks up to the table and waves to get everyone's attention. "Seeing as this is a meeting where we bring up various interesting topics that are goin on around Forengard, I'm gonna start us off with one of the more recent ones." He waves his hand, and an image of one of the ambrosia flowers appears floating above the table. "One of these things has appeared! That's pretty interesting, I'd say."

Axel
I aten't dead

Board footera