HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2024 21:15:14  #181

Re: [F/DA] The coming of the first morn

Perfect timing.
"Caster?" There's Sunny at the side of the tent again. "Are you decent?"
What the Heroic Spirit can't see is Sunny making a small grimace. Speaking to a Servant is apparently a great way to realise how strange some modern sayings are. Well, not that older sayings would be un-strange, but...

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 31, 2024 17:13:47  #182

Having noticed Sunny's approach, Caster hurried to roll up the pant legs one by one so he could slip back into his boots. He still had to put on the final pink coat after this, but...
"Yeah," the boy answered as he balanced on one leg. The jean fabric was too thick to comfortably cram into the shoes, even with their wide tops. Still, he announced: "The clothes fit."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 31, 2024 21:40:03  #183

"Oh, I'm glad."
The young man peers around the corner of the entrance, his face (as usual) the picture of deadpan apathy. 
"Would you happen to like a smooshed hat?" he asks, coming out into frontal view and holding said hat out like an offering.
Honestly, why does he feel the need to do things like this?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 16, 2024 14:52:13  #184

"Mhm, we agreed to that." 
Honestly, the question was unnecessary, as someone who had posed no objection to the interesting clothing combination offered by Sunny certainly wouldn't mind clothes with a wrinkle or two (or many more).
Caster turned to face the mage, arms outstretched to the sides now that he was done with his shoes. The mismatched outfit looked secure enough, at no risk of sliding off him, but it also plainly looked too large and folded. It's mostly the jeans that bunched up near his ankles...
"Thank you," Caster said with a tinge of happiness in his voice.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 16, 2024 17:44:08  #185

If common sense were a food, Sunny'd be all out of rations.
"Of course." Sunny half-drops the hat into Caster's reach. He sees absolutely nothing wrong, obviously. 
"The bus stop is a ways away in that direction," he says, pointing in what seems to be no direction in particular. "I am ready to depart when you are." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2024 21:59:01  #186

Caster turned the hat over to inspect both sides before sliding it onto his head. It is, maybe, the only piece of clothing that doesn't look too off on him. At least it doesn't cover his sight.
"I'm ready. I have nothing else with me," he affirmed with a nod. He followed Sunny's hand, but seeing nothing special, turned attention back to his face.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 19, 2024 20:28:00  #187

"Let's go, then."

(Rereading has affirmed that a brief timeskip is pretty much needed to maintain a semblance of proper pacing, so I'll be initiating it without asking you. Hopefully you don't mind xD)

Wearing his backpack again (which looks heavier than it was previously), Sunny and Caster start out for the bus stop. The path to their destination is long and bright and curving. Assuming no objections were made, Sunny simply takes the reverse path of the road he took to get to the summoning leyline in the first place. The surrounding trees and blades of grass all look a lot more impressive in the increased luminosity, at least in the mage's view. It's still a bit bright, though. He probably should have put on sunglasses.
The pair seems to have a tendency of walking fast, so they reach the bus stop soon. There isn't anyone else waiting, which manages to be fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. But the stop itself is simple, with a very visible sign indicating to potential passengers where it is and where it goes, and a nicely maintained shelter in case of rain. As of the moment, there is no rain to speak of; the weather hasn't changed much, and only seems to be getting sunnier. At the very least, there's still a faint chill in the air brought on by the breeze, which helps prevent Caster from overheating in that very interesting outfit no one else has had the privilege of seeing. Yet.

"Would you like to pay for the fare?" Sunny is asking Caster. Of course he's asking about such a mundane thing again; what else would one expect? He has his wallet out (money? magic!), but he's currently holding it securely in his hands. The detail seems to imply a degree of caution when it comes to how visibly he holds his money. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2024 18:58:24  #188

And so, Caster followed Sunny once again, never lagging behind any more than the intentional distance of one step. This might not have been as possible had he been wearing shoes not his size but thankfully that wasn't the case. It is worthwhile to mention, though, that because of the oddly-fitted clothing Caster was now partly sticking his arms out to the side in order to avoid having his hands covered by falling sleeves.
The Servant made sure to once again take in the details of the area they walked through. Not only for enjoyment, but also for possible later reference. He enjoyed the little bit of shade that the hat cast on his face. He loved the little rustles from the trees and bushes they passed. The joy was dampened a little by the fact that they were on a route to leave the área, but the promise of returning soon was also there and he so looked forward to that.

Ah, at last, the man-made bus stop. There hadn't been many signs of people frequenting the forest until now. From here they'd reach the city. How far would it be? How much of a wait? 
"Fare? I don't have anything to give in exchange," Caster answered while lifting his sloping hat a little to increase his field of vision.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 3, 2024 00:01:10  #189

CASTER WADDLE!

"I do," the mage says, and then completely misinterprets what's being misunderstood.
"May I assume the Grail filled you in on money? As in, the concept that paper with markings has extrinsic exchange value?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2024 18:55:43  #190

"Yeah..." he said, drawing out the word a little. And now, this is probably the first time a genuinely confused look appears on Caster's face. It was just for a moment, though, as he followed up with: "I don't have money."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 4, 2024 23:25:01  #191

(The C in Caster stands for Communication issues)

Sunny thinks the Grail should have handed each Servant an allowance to begin with, but he keeps that opinion to himself as he ponders the situation.
"Would you like to?" he asks. To try to indicate what he's talking about, he pulls his wallet out a bit in the other's direction. "I was wondering if you would like to pay using the papers that I have. I mean, money." He shakes his wallet, but since he's talking about paper bills, it's not like they're about to make a sound. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2024 21:28:34  #192

The immediate reaction was a quick nod accompanied by Caster extending both his hands out. 
"How many do we need?"
He waited to be given the money.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 5, 2024 22:22:47  #193

"One of these per person."
Sunny drops a paper bill into each of Caster's hands. Probably a $1 bill. The narrator's being cautious of money development for literally no reason.
"I don't have change," he explains, "so this is a bit more than what is needed." He pauses, and then further adds: "Nazoja makes its public transportation cheap on purpose." 
Nice trivia to know. Maybe.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera