GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2023 17:48:42  #121

Re: [@Time @Eliza @Galaxian] The door to the library is slightly open

Jenny was peering through windows and doors as she passed them. She was interested by the fact that there was apparently nobody there besides them.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 12, 2023 17:35:21  #122

"Don't worry, I keep my promises. Right over here," Yvonne told Heaven, turning around completely with her dress flowing around her. She led the mage a few steps towards the little pool that now glowed and knelt down next to it.
"Yeah. Of course I'm not tired- I mean, you do know, I have to sleep a lot just to move around and do things normally in the real world," she said with a sheepish chuckle and motioned for Heaven to sit next to her, though that's up to the other. "So, does that tell you what's going on? A place in which I'm not tired, and isn't real. That's what 'here' is."

The insides of the houses are identical everywhere Jenny looks. Square insides with a few tables, chairs, and a fireplace. There may be more details that can't be seen with just a passing glance.
On the outside the buildings have a bit more variation. Some have flowerbeds outside, others have little chicken pens. The sound of clucking and chirping can be heard even though the pens are empty themselves. Not a trace of anything living being in them at some point, either. No feathers or tracks. Deserted, just like the rest of the village.
By progressing into the village, Jenny and Lianhuan can now get a clearer look of the structure in the center.

Lianhuan #2 can feel that the fields aren't as welcoming as they were when he first turned to the side. Now there isn't any path left to follow, which means he has to push the stalks aside to step through. The starry sky continues to shine down on him and all the visitors. Is it an illusion that the star clusters are all moving together?
It's an effect similar to the way the night sky appears to move at night thanks to the earth's rotation, but much faster. Not enough to be easily perceptible though.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

May 12, 2023 20:26:19  #123

"These are really weird noises," Lianhuan comments, probably referring to the chickens specifically even though he fails to specify. 

His copy pauses to look more closely at the sky. He's used to the movement of moving grass aside, though he's not sure how much of it he's willing to endure for nothing, exactly. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, really, though more inconvenient. 
Every now and then, he turns his head back, as if to gauge his distance from the path, and then continues walking.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 17, 2023 00:51:50  #124

((Bro I thought I responded to this ))

Heaven hesitates for a bit, thinking on the subject before placing out a guess, "Is this place... some sort of location that you often frequent? A mental domain of sorts?"

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 17, 2023 22:02:20  #125

((Dw, it sorta got buried. Will wait for Eliza after this.))

"That's right. I mean, the last part," Yvonne confirmed as she dipped one of her hands into the water to swirl it around. "This is my dream, but I can't usually come here. I've found myself here one or two times, recently, but to think that you're here, well..."
She raised her sight to meet Heaven's eyes. "Dreams shouldn't mix with reality, don't you think? That's very wrong."

Lianhuan #2 is indeed leaving the path behind. Is he expecting to find anything specific? OR does he have anything in mind?

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (May 17, 2023 22:02:50)

Specter

May 17, 2023 22:26:21  #126

(Bumping this since I accidentally buried it with my own thread lol, sorry)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 18, 2023 10:31:48  #127

Jenny frowned at the chicken noises. "Weird..." this place was definitely starting to freak her out a bit. She couldn't exactly pinpoint what was causing this feeling, it was more a general feeling of unsettledness.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 18, 2023 17:28:38  #128

"Do you think we're hearing chicken ghosts, Jenny?" asks Lianhuan. He reaches out as if to try to touch a nearby building, though of course he can't actually reach, and draws some vague circle-like shapes with his hand. "Maybe the Clocktower got built on top of where they lived and now they're haunting us for taking their home."
...what.

His copy is probably trying his best to see if there's any boundary or further sign of civilization beyond the designated path. Well, at least he's doing something, kind of.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 19, 2023 11:39:34  #129

Jenny snorted aggressively, covering her mouth in an attempt to stop the noise.  "That would certainly be something." Ghost chickens would actually be extremely disappointing considering all of this, but it would certainly be better than some monster or something.

May 19, 2023 17:16:43  #130

"Wouldn't it? Though I guess we'd have to ask the ghosts if they consider themselves something. That seems to vary from place to place." Lianhuan doesn't seem bothered by her laughter; if anything, it's the opposite. Still, he has a more serious look than usual. 
"What do you think happened to the residents then?" he continues to ask, maybe to keep the silence down and hidden away.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 19, 2023 20:08:50  #131

'"A dream, hm? Well, I would say that my dreams aren't anywhere near like this. You're just creating more questions for me. It all looks... very real." She once again studies their surroundings, "Does that mean you're currently asleep?"

Time

May 19, 2023 23:26:36  #132

((As a heads up, the purpose of this thread is to be a canon infodump about Yvonne which is why I'm waiting for Jenny and Lianhuan before explaning too much. So feel free to save all your questions till then :D and I'll do my best to answer through Yvonne.))

"Yeah, I fell asleep in the library... I guess you could say this dream is kind of my domain like you said? I'm sorry my dreams aren't normal," she sighed, truly having a hint of remorse in her tone. "But to you, everything here is real, even you. It's just the place doesn't make much sense since it's a dream and all. A lot of things mix together."
Yvonne took her hand out of the water and ran it over the surface. The pool inmediately ceased all movement. Its surface, now clear and glasslike, showed the image of the wheat fields that surrounded the village. It could be compared to someone using a crystal ball to see something far away.

The chicken noises grow fainter and disappear the further Jenny and Lianhuan get from the pens. Then the area is back to silence like before.

Lianhuan's copy finds that the wheat has become stubborn, not yielding easilly to his movements. In fact, it doesn't even feel like wheat anymore. The texture is almost... plastic. The fields look faker and faker as he goes on.
Despite the fact that the yellow seems to stretch infinitely into the horizon, these definitely can't be called wheat fields anymore.

Specter

May 20, 2023 01:25:35  #133

Heaven appears like she was about to ask another question, but then halts herself, "Once again, more questions. But, lets for now focus on seeing if we can find anyone." She looks to the clear water, "Can we locate others through this pool?"

Time

May 22, 2023 21:03:47  #134

Jenny's expression faded to a more serious one. "I'm not sure." she said finally. "It almost seems like there were never people here in the first place. It feels like I'm walking through a model of a town, not a real one."

May 22, 2023 21:16:14  #135

Lianhuan considers that. To his knowledge, Jenny has a good intuition when it comes to whether something is real or fake. Not that he's the best at illusions himself, of course, but he still counts a certain incident as supporting this impression of his. 
"Do you know any of the librarians who could've created this sort of place, then? Or could be related to this place?" He tilts his head. "It's gonna be easier to ask them directly, of course. But maybe this place is an illusion after all. Or something similar to one." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 22, 2023 22:04:09  #136

"This should let us see anything inside this dream. Right now we want to see if there's anyone else inside, so that's just what we'll do here."
After Yvonne stopped speaking, the water rippled a bit as its image sped through the field's paths and neared the village. The librarian stared at it in full concentration until the surface stabilized again. Now, it showed Jenny and Lianhuan from a bird's eye view, a sight that Yvonne blinked at and didn't let the image vanish.
"What are they doing here too? Aren't those...?"

Both Jenny and Lianhuan have the feeling of being observed from somewhere around. They can't quite tell where, though. This might be creepy, but if they blink or close their eyelids, they'll be able to see a pair of very familiar, starry purple eyes in the back of their minds.
Yvonne is watching them.
How close to the center are they?

Specter

May 24, 2023 13:03:20  #137

Jenny shook her head. "I'm afraid my knowledge doesn't extend to magical librarians, ice cream boy." She stopped, feeling the watchful eye of...something, and glimpsing Yvonne's eyes when she blinked. "Do you feel that?" she asked quietly.

May 24, 2023 21:49:53  #138

Lianhuan, unhelpfully, stops blinking as a response. Though he doesn't say anything, probably assuming that it's yet another weird sound that he should be paying attention to.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 25, 2023 18:55:24  #139

"Yep. We should go get them." She said, "Say, is this place mostly stable?"

Time

May 28, 2023 10:56:24  #140

Jenny closed her eyes carefully, opening them with a start when she saw Yvonne's eyes. "Close your eyes," she told Lianhuan urgently. "Do you see them too?"

May 29, 2023 02:20:12  #141

"See wh--eep." He makes a weird noise but, to his credit, recovers rather quickly. Though he's back to not blinking again, just like that. 
"Are those Yvonne's eyes??" he asks, maybe rather obviously. His voice is still a bit loud, but he's not shouting.
Looks like his work on trying to maintain eye contact during conversation has some merit at the very least.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2023 17:54:59  #142

"It looks like it." Jenny frowned. "Does that mean she's making all this?"

May 29, 2023 18:57:26  #143

"Maybe." He thinks for a little bit. "She does nap a lot, so maybe her dreams got into reality...or something."
He glances around, maybe hoping that their setting will magically become more helpful just because they figured it out or something. Doesn't seem like it, though. Too bad.
"Let's keep walking," he suggests, though he does mutter under his breath, "I didn't know Yvonne liked scary chickens."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2023 22:25:28  #144

"Stable? As in, not easily destroyed?" Yvonne shrugged slightly at the question, voice somewhat surprised. "It should be. Until I wake up, at least, and heaven kno- ahem, who knows when that will be?"
She waved her hand over the pool once again, and the image continued speeding around the roads that ran through the village. "We'll wait for Jenny and Lianhuan right here. The way they're headed  I'll just tell my guardian to not confront them. Alright, let's check over here..." 
The water shows the empty village and then zeroes in onto Lianhuan #2 all the way in the fields. Yvonne just rubs her eyes hard at what she's seeing.

And just like that, Lianhuan and Jenny aren't being watched anymore! They're almost to the very center, too, being able to clearly see a pair of sanded glass doors that lead into the large structure. Some designs are engraved into it for decoration.

Specter

May 29, 2023 23:58:59  #145

Heaven slightly smiles at that little joke, but then moves on, "Well, to make it more stable can you like... sleep longer for a bit? Or do something like that?" She was surprised she would ever say such a thing to Yvonne, but here we are.

Time

May 30, 2023 09:48:22  #146

Jenny raised her broom, ready for an attack, though she wasn't really expecting one if this was really Yvonne's dream-turned-reality. "Seems she wants us to go there," she said.

May 31, 2023 21:11:09  #147

He tilts his head way away from what she's holding. "Maybe she and others are there then. Let's go."
And with that, he picks up his pace to a frisk jog, though he takes care to make sure Jenny moves as well. He still doesn't feel like splitting up, after all. 

Lianhuan #2 is trying to think of what the fields remind him of. It's some type of food for sure. Maybe butter?
Frozen butter. That's it. Maybe he could harvest some to make ice cream...if it even exists after exiting the boundaries, that is. Even he doesn't have high hopes for that.
Frowning, almost pouting to himself, he reluctantly turns around and starts making his way back to the village, though because his path is nowhere near parallel to the path he took while getting here, it seems he's still curious as to whether there exists a boundary near this area.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 7, 2023 23:17:07  #148

Thanks to Yvonne's concentration wavering by her trying to make sense of what Heaven had said, the glassy water bubbled and returned to its original pond state.
"I'm- did you just-" was all the librarian could manage as she shook her head in disbelief. She had just seen two Lianhuans and heard Heaven of all people asking if she could continue sleeping. 
"The, ah, sleeping more, you said? Not sure if I heard correctly, but here, it'd be the opposite. I want to wake up so you can continue going about your day. Definitely wasn't in any of your plans to get trapped inside a dream world, no?" She sighed, glancing back at the empty water pool. "The best I can do is explain the situation to the others so they don't feel, ah, I don't know, attacked?"

The doors open inwards as soon as either of the two explorers get near! Despite their being (apparently) made of glass, the doors squeak and grate as if the gate to a castle were being dragged open.
From the outside, the view of the inner part of the structure is shrouded in mist. There's a sound of something like falling water, perhaps a tiny cascade judging by the noise. 

In what might be a funny feeling, the patch of field Lianhuan #2 turned to suddenly stopped being tangible. The wheat is still clearly visible, but it doesn't exist. No trace of texture or volume or even sound at being interacted with. Feels like an image was projected into real life. It's very different from the plasticky wheat he just left behind, too.

Specter

June 17, 2023 19:58:04  #149

((OH shoot mb I thought I had already responded))

"Hm. So are you sure if you wake up, the act wouldn't destroy this location and everyone in it?" Heaven frowned, a tense caution about her.

"... Have you been able to locate their exact locations?"

Time

June 26, 2023 21:53:36  #150

WIth a glance at Lianhuan, Jenny walked through the door and inside the building.

Board footera