GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2023 15:38:45  #91

Re: [@Time @Eliza @Galaxian] The door to the library is slightly open

He hears her little snort of laughter. "What? It's just another me," he lightly protests. "I don't look funny just because there's another me. Anyways, are we going to go, or are you going to just keep laughing at me?"
...looks like his recognition of cross-cultural social cues needs work too, huh.
The second Lianhuan, although being a second Lianhuan, is still eerily good at emulating Lianhuan's "no thoughts, head empty" expression. It's one of those things that makes sense but feels off, y'know?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 11, 2023 17:19:26  #92

Ah yes, the uncanny valley. Many are aware of it. Fortunately (or not) Jenny is one of those people. Grinning, she shifted her broom and gestured to the path with a flourish. "After you. One of you, anyway."

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 11, 2023 19:28:35  #93

Time wrote:

She then moves down the staircase, taking a wide, cautious survey of both the hall and the stairs before traveling down. What an interesting looking staircase. Hopefully this scroll paper or whatever it was was stable.

The hall is now as empty as it was a while ago.

This new staircase spirals down, and down, and down. It feels much farther down than ground level, without any sensation of humidity or cool underground temperature. The ambient feeling stayed exactly the same. Perhaps, Heaven may even have felt she was getting nowhere, as the walls have the same texture everywhere, cycling as if in a loop. At least the paper stairs remained sturdy, every step accompanied by the sound of a turning page.

Finally, the stairs break their monotony of sorts, widening towards a larger space.
At the end of the staircase, a spatious bookshelf room lit by torches (how dangerous, fire near books?) leads straight towards a set of wide doors. These are slightly open. No way but to continue onwards, unless Heaven wants to go back up the way she came.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

April 11, 2023 20:22:41  #94

"This, um, that me is going to go that way," he specifies, pointing towards the direction they came from. "And this me is going to go this way." He starts walking--rather awkwardly, in fact--as he says this. 
"With you," he adds, incredibly unnecessarily.
Maybe it's harder to talk and walk when there are two of you, or at least one could infer that from the other Lianhuan just entirely not moving at all, more like a robot than a person really. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 20:59:25  #95

Heaven once again checks behind her before trekking on forward, glancing over to every possible nook where someone or something could be hiding. Many questions where still running around in her mind. Where was this place? Who or what is responsible? What was that voice beforehand?

As she approaches the doors, she looks to peek through them, before slowly opening them.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 11, 2023 21:40:47  #96

Jenny tried not to laugh again as she started down the path.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 11, 2023 21:52:14  #97

At the edge of her eye, the other Lianhuan turns robotically and starts robot-arming his way towards the fields. Okay, that was definitely intentional.
Meanwhile, actual{?} Lianhuan keeps going, looking at the silhouette in the distance. It looks kind of like a long walk, though he hopes it won't take too long. 
"What do you think we'd do if we get separated?" he asks. 
The silence really didn't last very long at all.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 21:57:21  #98

Jenny shrugged. "Die or get lucky I guess."

April 11, 2023 22:02:23  #99

He makes a face.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2023 00:17:34  #100

Heaven wouldn't find anything or anyone noteworthy in the room before the doors. Though if she tried to poen the books, they'd be blank pages, like every other one in the place.
Through the crack, the mage can see a wide space made of stone, just like the rest of the structure. Some other colors stand out without much detail. It is kind of hard to see a whole area through a little opening after all.
Anyways, the doors opened smoothly and without a sound, due to either Heaven's careful handling or one more of the strange properties found in this space.
Now that Heaven has a clear view of the new area, two things stand out. First, she finds herself not underground as anyone would expect, but apparently high up above ground. The room is a beautifully crafted vault with broken statues and carvings on the walls all around. However, a large portion of the wall and ceiling are, to put it mildly, wrecked. The starry purple sky shines through the lack of wall, casting shadows on the floor from the large and small pieces of debris suspended in mid-air. It is as if something impacted or exploded, and then time froze everything in place. In fact, this matches up with the outside appearance of the temple structure.
Second, mild sounds of bubbling water fill the silence of the room. A fountain falls from one side of the walls into a stream that leads straight to the center of the room, a circular pool filled with bright, clear water. And maybe more surprisingly, someone sitting at its very edge.

Now that Jenny and Lianhuan are on their way towards the center, the silhouettes clear up just as they did for Heaven beforehand. The house-like buildings can now be seen.

((Btw I didn't get this very well, is Lianhuan 2 going through the fields or towards the opposite direction of the path?))

Specter

April 12, 2023 00:57:05  #101

(Back the way they came, and then into the fields after a bit. Sorry for the confusion.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2023 14:13:11  #102

Jenny sticks her tongue out at him slightly before looking at the buildings. "Well that's interesting," she commented casually.

April 13, 2023 02:10:16  #103

A lot of things are interesting to Lianhuan, but he can't say that this is one of them. So, he merely gives a shrug in response.
If there were a bright side to this, then it would be that nothing seems particularly dangerous. Foreboding, of course, but not necessarily dangerous, like they need to be walking on tiptoes. Why? He can't say. He scrunches his eyebrows together as he tries to figure it out.
It can't be the silhouette of the building. If anything, that makes it worse, even if only a bit.  So what could it be?
If he had the strategic mind of his brother, then he'd be able to figure it out. He's sure of it.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2023 02:12:54  #104

Heaven hesitated at the threshold of the door for a moment. The scene was beautiful, in a way. Like a suspended snapshot in the flow of time, with the silence and vast sky adding to a quiet harmony.

After taking the view in, she started her way towards the figure at the pool. Taking slow strides as her boots clacked across the floor, the each sound of her footsteps echoing about the room.

Eventually, she comes to a stop. Still multiple paces away from the figure. She doesn't say anything. Yet. Just watching how the other would react.

Time

April 13, 2023 10:39:00  #105

Jenny glanced at him. "Feeling something?" She couldn't say she was noticing exactly what Lianhuan was...then again, they specialized in different magic.

April 13, 2023 22:12:58  #106

"No," Lianhuan says, though only after some hesitation. However, it doesn't seem like the hesitation indicates any dishonesty. 
He tries to connect with the setting more, specifically trying to better his sense of any elemental affinities the place may have. Intuitively speaking, water and fire seem out of the question here, of course...but maybe aether can apply somehow. He's not as good at sensing it because his sector's magic has no such designation, but elemental affinity has never been a weak point of his. 
And if aether is present here, then...well, he'll think about that if it proves to be the case.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2023 22:27:37  #107

The person jerked their head up as soon as the first foostep resonated in the room.
Starry purple eyes locked onto Heaven's face. At first they flashed scared, but quieted down to surprise after an instant.
A good few seconds passed by with the only sounds in the room being footsteps and the faint jingle of metal jewelry. Was it a staredown? The girl sitting near the pool didn't take her sight off the other young woman. Neither did she move. Had she, maybe, also become frozen in time along with the pieces of stone surrounding her?
From closer, the girl proves to have a very familiar face. And hair, too. Very much like a certain librarian, if not exactly the same. Except... the clothes look wrong. No, not that, really. They're just too different from our dear librarian's usual casual style. Once the initial surprise at the choice of attire is gone, it does seem to fit her perfectly, as if the sky from this place dimmed before turning into the fabric that made up the veil and dress. 
It matches perfectly with the aesthetic. Even the silver jewelry and decorations are not overshadowed by the little dots that shine with a will of their own like true stars instead of glitter. 
The only question now is the rhombus and star symbol that repeats in different parts of the decorations. They're on the veil, the sleeves, the dress, and even the sandals under the pool water.
"...Heaven?"
Even the voice matches with the librarian's. It sounds clearer, but in disbelief.
The pool water now shone light blue, as if Heaven's entrance flipped on a light switch underwater.

Jenny and Lianhuan continue on a path very similar to the one Heaven followed when she first entered the place. 
A little bird coming from nowhere twittered and flew in front of the pair before vanishing back into thin air.

Lianhuan 2 doesn't find anything blocking his path. The road is still there, and it stretches towards the horizon as far as the eye can see. But since he turned to the side to the wheat fields, we shall focus on that part. The fields are welcoming, parting slightly to offer a new path that shrunk the more it was followed.

Specter

April 14, 2023 09:36:21  #108

Jenny started at the bird and almost smacked it with her broom. She followed it until it disappeared. "So. Birds. That's great."

April 14, 2023 11:19:14  #109

"Yvonne. That really you?" Heaven asks, edging closer little by little to the pool, was this person really the librarian? Or just some sort of illusion? "You look a bit different." she says, taking note of the clothing change.

Time

April 14, 2023 15:31:59  #110

"Birds that disappear," Lianhuan notes. He doesn't seem to be startled, maybe because he's usually the one jumping out at people. He ponders the place it just was for a moment. "Maybe it's cymbalism? I don't speak birdy language."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 14, 2023 16:55:37  #111

"Neither do I...just cat." Jenny suddenly became aware that Evanora was nowhere to be seen, and had in fact not been present since they entered the strange domain. She sighed. She really needed to keep better track of that cat.

April 14, 2023 17:04:04  #112

"Maybe that's why the bird disappeared," Lianhuan speculates. "You smell like cat."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 14, 2023 19:00:39  #113

"Uh-"
Yvonne lifted her skirt a bit, enough to comfortably take her feet out of the pool and scramble to a standing position. Water dripped from the dress's hem around her. 
"It's me. But I have questions... how'd you end up here?" She asked in a concerned tone. "Um... it is, you, right? Not just an illusion of my mind? No, nevermind, the sounds of your movement are enough to prove that. Just-" 
The librarian shook her head, causing the jewelry on her veil to jingle lightly again. "You shouldn't be here. How did you enter?"

Specter

April 14, 2023 20:42:19  #114

Heaven frowns, "There was a portal of some sorts at an entrance to the library. I presume it was same or similar for the rest of the entrances as well." She pauses before asking a few questions of her own, of which had a hint of scolding in it, "What did you do? What is going on?"

Time

April 17, 2023 17:52:23  #115

Yvonne listened attentively, shoulders sagging at the final question. "I didn't do anything, promise. At least I didn't mean to, so-" 
She interrupted herself with a heavy sigh. "Your being here is a little bit of a problem, nothing that can't be fixed of course, but it's concerning... I'll talk with Time later. For now, did you see anyone enter or do you know if anyone else followed you?"

Specter

April 18, 2023 00:33:50  #116

"No. I'm not aware of anyone else around from The Clocktower. But there very well could be." she shakes her head, "There was an odd voice earlier though. Didn't know who it was, but they apparently said that I wasn't a stranger. That I was free to continue on."

She pauses for a second, before realizing something, "Wait, what do you mean by 'you'll talk with Time later?'"

Last edited by Time (April 18, 2023 00:34:59)

Time

April 25, 2023 17:19:32  #117

"It wasn't intentional," Jenny grumbled, brushing off her robe, a few cat hairs falling to the ground.

May 4, 2023 22:55:14  #118

"Oh, then you must have met my... guardian of sorts? She takes care nobody strange disturbs this place. And, since I know you, she figured you aren't a threat."
Yvonne half turned after speaking. "I don't know where to begin if I had to give an explanation. But I take it you trust me enough that I don't need to, for now? So, meanwhile, would you like to check with me if there is anyone else in here? I wouldn't want them to get lost. I would bar entry here if I could, but ah well."
The librarian definitely has more energy than usual.

Missed a post in narration earlier, so replying to Lianhuan trying to sense the surroundings: the area doesn't appear to have any particular elemental affinity. If anything, it feels more like some sort of energy is coating the entire place, down to the air and everything around. And yet, it doesn't smother. It's something one wouldn't notice unless specifically searching for "something" in the area. 

The village comes into clear view! By following the path, Jenny and Lianhuan will be able to enter houses at their leisure or just observe and continue on to the main structure in the center.

Specter

May 5, 2023 20:59:38  #119

While Heaven wished to inquire Yvonne on so, so many things, and she did just ignore one of her questions...

She's right, that questions will have to wait. It's Yvonne puts for a good point with finding anyone else.

"Fine. Though you better provide a detailed explanation once this is all over with." She says with a tinge of firmness in her voice, "Lead the way." She nears closer to Yvonne.

"You have some extra pep in your step." She figured to not to the other.

Time

May 9, 2023 01:34:17  #120

"Of course it wasn't," Lianhuan agrees, and it sounds genuine. Or he's learned sarcasm somehow. Yeah, it's probably the former.
He peers at the houses nearby but seems to recall their agreement to head to the center for now; consequently, he's making no moves to approach their surroundings, though it does look like he's mustering a lot of willpower just to not crane his neck. It's probably no surprise; he usually explores everything everywhere the first chance he gets, after all. It looks like he'll have to leave that component to his copy for now.

Speaking of whom, Lianhuan #2 is doing a lot better now that the physical distance between his original self and this him has increased. Having corrected his path a little since the start of this tiny journey of his, he doesn't seem to have found much so far. 
Oh well, it's not like he had any expectations for finding anything in particular, you know? There's even something mesmerizing about the sky, though perhaps for him, any sky that isn't grey could be described as such. At any rate, he's just stumbling his way through the wheat fields, a good deal more content than his original.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera