HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2023 20:23:28  #61

Re: [@Time @Eliza @Galaxian] The door to the library is slightly open

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

"What is the purpose of the investigation?"

Heaven hesitates, thinking how to answer the question, "For the safety of of others. A portal to this location showed up in the area, and I'm investigating it. Simple, right?" She refrained from mentioning the area happened to be the Clocktower, and the "others" were other clocktower mages.

Last edited by Time (March 29, 2023 20:24:02)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 30, 2023 17:22:40  #62

There was a pause, full of silence, just like before.
"Final question: What is your name?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 31, 2023 01:02:23  #63

Well, there's no avoiding that one, "Heaven Dean." she responds.

Time

March 31, 2023 16:43:13  #64

Jenny frowned. The kid had a point, but...
"Eh. We're mages. We can handle whatever's at the center," she said, shrugging. She could feel the same "expectation" that Lianhuan was referring to and it put her a bit on edge, but she couldn't think of anything better to do.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 31, 2023 17:24:54  #65

Time wrote:

Well, there's no avoiding that one, "Heaven Dean." she responds.

"Heaven Dean," the voice repeated. "Your answers match known information. You are no stranger. You are free to continue on to the main area."
Was the wall at the mage's right always an entrance to another staircase, or was it a solid wall before? Somehow, the steps from the (new?) stairs looked like they were made of stacked scroll parchment. 
A shower of starlike sparkles flashed on the edges of Heaven's visión for a second before vanishing completely. And just like that, the strange prescence is gone, the hallway as empty as when the mage first arrived.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 1, 2023 01:48:38  #66

"I want to agree, but this place does siphon our magic." He says that carefully, maybe being cognizant of the fact that she might already know this. "So if this is a..." Lianhuan struggles with remembering the word, "a...bad plan, then if it's for the two of us, you'll have that to deal with, and I will too."
He sighs. "But other than waiting for others, I don't know what else would be better. Are we going to count on others also being over there? In the center?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 4, 2023 09:22:15  #67

Jenny frowned, thinking. "I suppose you could just stay here and I'll go look by myself," she said, aware that he might not like this plan at all.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 4, 2023 10:14:37  #68

He deadpans, "Isn't that the baddest option judging from what I've said?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 5, 2023 02:24:12  #69

Known information... what could that exactly mean? Was this mysterious place expecting her? She turned around, only to find the entity vanished from view (I'm just assuming that). Her eyes travel across the walls, trying to search for any indication of the presence watching her, or for anything abnormal.

She then moves down the staircase, taking a wide, cautious survey of both the hall and the stairs before traveling down. What an interesting looking staircase. Hopefully this scroll paper or whatever it was was stable.

Last edited by Time (April 5, 2023 02:26:40)

Time

April 5, 2023 08:45:19  #70

"Well you clearly don't want to go," Jenny retorted. She sighed, tapping her foot impatiently. "Look, we have to do something because standing here is getting us nowhere. I'm planning on going to check things out. You can stay or you can come with, I don't care which way."

April 5, 2023 10:19:02  #71

"You're not understanding what I'm saying. The point is that if you thought about this more, you'd go back. Or at least try to, and look for an exit. Because..."
He wavers.
"If this is dangerous, you're the one at a constant disadvantage in so many ways. I didn't want to phrase it like that. Don't you get it? Getting into something you can't control at all is worse than getting nowhere. That's the sort of thing you usually would say to me." He pauses and works up some semblance of a grin. "In less impressive terms, of course."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 5, 2023 21:40:49  #72

Jenny shrugged. "I'm always at a disadvantage. It makes no difference to me."

April 6, 2023 00:37:54  #73

(I'm sorry for the pacing but I have to say, Jenny is literally giving the worst responses (': )

"It does to me."
The grin seems to have fallen off. There even seems to be something in his normally unimpressive eyes.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2023 09:58:37  #74

(Jenny's fulfilled her purpose then ig xDD)

Jenny looked down at him, recognizing this odd look. "What's wrong with you?" she asked, looking skeptic yet almost concerned at the same time.

April 7, 2023 00:49:41  #75

(Does that mean I can blame this on her)

"That's also my question." He furrows his brows. 'Except I'd word it nicer,' he wants to add, though he doesn't. "What's up with the recklessness?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 7, 2023 08:44:03  #76

(oh absolutely)

"I'm not being reckless," Jenny said, spinning her broom in her hand impatiently. "Not any more than normal, anyway."

April 8, 2023 01:14:18  #77

"'Those peering in from the outside see the scene framed by the window more clearly than those within it,'" the boy quotes.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 8, 2023 13:51:09  #78

Jenny frowned again. "When'd you get all philosophical?"

April 9, 2023 00:59:26  #79

He gives her a look that more directly translates to: "Don't try using that to distract me, I use it too much myself for that to be possible." Impressive.
Looks like he just wants her to say something--something that she hasn't said yet. What could it be?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 9, 2023 09:51:08  #80

Jenny raised her eyebrows. She seemed to realize he wanted her to say something, but she wasn't exactly sure what it was, much less if she would actually be willing to say it in the first place.

April 10, 2023 01:37:23  #81

Looks like they'll have to endure some period of silence.
It doesn't seem as if Lianhuan enjoys the delay, either, but he's stubborn in this sort of way. He moves his feet a little and looks towards the fields as he waits for her to either piece together a response or ignore everything he's been saying entirely.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 10, 2023 13:49:43  #82

Jenny's eyes narrowed, coming to a conclusion (which was probably wrong). "What, you think I'm weaker than some reason? That I've got some kind of disadvantage you don't?" Or, she thought, did he figure out I'm vampire? This thought terrified her immensely. Last time humans (of any magical caliber) found out she was a vampire she'd been tortured and almost murdered...she didn't want the same thing to happen to her again, even though realistically she knew Lianhuan probably wouldn't dare to try something that awful.

Last edited by Basket Cat (April 10, 2023 13:49:55)

April 11, 2023 00:32:08  #83

He tilts his head, seemingly oblivious to her inner turmoil. "And?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 08:38:44  #84

"And... and..." Jenny shifted her feet, searching desperately for words. She looked a little afraid, her paper-white face seeming somehow even paler. Why did he have to look at her like that, barely saying a word? Did he really know something or was she panicking for no reason?

April 11, 2023 09:50:44  #85

He untilts his head, silent again for a few more moments. To him, those moments are merely abnormal; to her, perhaps they're agonizing. 
"You don't have to worry so much," he finally says, less sternly but with the same earnest look about him. "I just...I just don't want you to get hurt. Or si." 
To die. 
He purses his lips. "I know this might not be that serious, and it's probably connected to Yvonne...but I don't know how direct that connection is. If someone used her to get into the Clocktower, we don't know how dangerous it could be. So I thought that there are some things that we should get over with in advance."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 11:08:12  #86

Jenny's shoulders dropped as she stared him. She shook her head slightly, clearing her head. It was fine, her secret was still safe, for now at least. Lianhuan was right, if someone was trying to get into the Clocktower or was hurting Yvonne somehow, they needed to figure out how to help her. "What sort of things?" she asked.

April 11, 2023 11:50:03  #87

"A plan. Kind of."
He thinks about how to vocalize his thoughts.
"It's harder to use magic in here. At least the magic that I learned in the Clocktower, and I'm guessing the kind you use. It kind of gets sucked away? I'm not sure how to describe it. But as you were asking, that means you do have a disadvantage if we have to fight at all. And I know it's not logical to just talk about it, so..."
He gives her a Look.
"What I'm trying to say is, don't be so reckless, okay? Stop trying to get me to stay behind. I want to do things too. But we shouldn't go too much past our capabilities no matter how much the situation tries to get us to. Just agree with me on this, okay?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 12:02:08  #88

Jenny raised her eyebrows at Lianhuan's Look but understood the severity of the situation enough to not make fun of him for it. "...Alright." she conceded. "I'll try to be careful. But that means you have to too. Not that I'm worried," she said as an afterthought, "You're too cautious for that most of the time, I suppose."

April 11, 2023 12:21:02  #89

(The next thread: Lianhuan running straight into a monster's mouth [again])

"You think?" He raises an eyebrow, revealing a slight grin that slopes the side of his mouth. "If you say so, I guess."
He fidgets a bit, rolling his shoulders back. "Then just give me a moment, and we'll be off towards the center."
There's a little "pop," and another Lianhuan appears. Oh no! Now there are two of him!
"I'll send this me off to the side for reconnaissance," the original him explains, like splitting into two is perfectly normal. Both Lianhuans look pleased with himself, though he probably shouldn't be seeing as how he just badly butchered the pronunciation of "reconnaissance." Looks like his French needs more than some work. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2023 14:51:51  #90

(hA)
Jenny stared at the second Lianhuan, looking between the two of them, then snorted at his unfortunate mispronunciation.

Board footera