HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2023 18:47:05  #1

[PLOT - DoF] - 1: Blood on Stone

((I figured I should do cool titles. Also sorry for such a wait! I predict that this will be a shorter thread as it's more of just an entrance and seeing how the groups will split up. I expect some planning and whatnot to go down to keep coordination up.))

((Also, heads up, everyone who entered right next to each other is still right next to each other.))

You eye everyone else that is walking to the edge of the Domain of Flowers. Sizing them up. Who are your allies, who are your enemies? Who’s going to be weak, who might be strong? Which of you will win?

You then pick up on something, amidst all this walking, you do not hear the sound of gravel and sand anymore beneath your feet, but rather the echo of cool stone. You look down to realize that there is in fact, stone underneath you. You look up to your surroundings, and realize you are no longer within the endless desert plateaus of the outside city, but rather a dense jungle. This is no illusion. The feeling of heat and humidity, followed by the sounds of animals tells you just as much. You look far back to where you came, and you realize that the plateaus, nor the makeshift city is anywhere in sight. As far as you can see are unknown and unfamiliar biomes.

Some of you might feel a tinge of panic, while others stay focused and resolved, but as you look and sweep your view forward, surrounded by many erratic environments, stands a ragged, tall mountain. From here, you see a trio of gleaming blue beacons of light streaking into the sky. You’ve likely never seen one in person, but instantly, you recognize the feeling of the ambrosia flowers. As if they are watching from upon the peaks of the mountains.

It’s truly a sight you’ve never seen in Forengard before. The influence of the flowers upon this area is insane, creating locations you would never see normally.

After catching your breath from awe, you observe your closest surroundings. You, and everyone else you walked with, stand upon a large, large circular stone panel. Its edges simply blend out with the surrounding vegetation.

You look to study everyone around you once again, and it seems many are doing the same, some slowly inch their hands to rest or hover on their weapon. This sense of awe then is quickly replaced by a realization. There is no starting shot, but you have an overwhelming feeling.

Suddenly from the edge of the disc, the sound of magic flaring, followed by an explosion and screams

The game has begun.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 5, 2023 18:48:30  #2

Re: [PLOT - DoF] - 1: Blood on Stone

Arcan
Not long after, the stone tablet erupts into chaos. A bloodbath.

Arcan almost freezes up in place for a second in the chaos before gripping her bow and moving into action. She barely dodges a large two handed axe, only for it to lodge into another closeby contestant. She reaches for her quiver but is interrupted with a kick to the solar plexus by the same man who swung his axe at her. Arcan tumbles out of the stone table, and into a tree, gasping for breath.
It’s not a surprise that the other contestants would be quite dangerous in their own right. They They definitely will put up a fight.

—-

Alethea
Alethea looks back and forth. “What is the plan? Ozark?” She asks him. She’s calm in the situation, even though it appears she has no weapons.

“Please. I do not wish to fight. We should go our separate ways, for now.” She holds her hands up against another contestant that is considering attacking her.

Time

February 5, 2023 22:11:57  #3

Shiloh had shifted out of her owl form, waiting for someone to make the first move and doing her best to blend in with the crowd. It had been quite some time since she had been truly immersed in a forest, and having the game start in her home turf was practically the best thing she could ask for. She rocked back and forth on her feet, a mixture of nervousness and excitement.

The second the explosion rocked the stone table, she scrambled to get into the forest as fast as possible. A sword aimed directly at her head met only air as she ducked underneath it and gave its owner a vicious uppercut, sending them reeling backwards. Shiloh didn't bother finishing them off as she ducked, weaved, and shoved her way through the throng of combatants until she finally found herself at the edge of the jungle. She took a brief moment to collect herself before scampering off into the thicket. A dense tangle of thorny vines began to sprout where she stepped. It was better for her to let the weaker and more aggressive contestants weed themselves out before she engaged in direct combat, and making a bit of headway in the direction of the Ambrosia Flowers couldn't hurt. Even though she was not able to see their light above the canopy of leaves, she could feel their pull. Shiloh was also distantly aware of other people crashing through the forest nearby, followed by shouts and screams as people encountered one another in the underbrush.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Orphos looked up in dismay as he realized they weren't anywhere near the city. He had accompanied the group in order to make some last-minute deals with the more desperate of contestants, but it appeared he was in it for the long haul now. Well, it wasn't like he needed an Ambrosia Flower, but it would certainly make for a nice addition to his stock. Maybe it would unlock some mysteries around Ishmael's soul...

His train of thought was interrupted as a mortal collided with him. He staggered, caught off guard, and ran into another person, who immediately attempted to stab him in the abdomen. A flick of one of his machetes deflected their weapon and suddenly the god was in the fray, raining down blows on anything near him. What was this if not one big bar fight? He was good at those.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

February 6, 2023 07:41:30  #4

Ozark nods. "Good plan. We'll meet up later." As he starts moving, a broadsword swings down towards him from behind. Quick as a flash, he unsheathes his blade, revealing it to be a massive serrated sword, with sharp chain attached to the edges. He blocks the blade, then slashes at the attacker, knocking another competitor out of the running. He continues moving into the jungle.

/-/-/-/-/-/--/--/--/-/---/--/-/-/--/-/-//-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

The god's ship hovers over the jungle, observing from above. 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

February 6, 2023 09:38:50  #5

Naiyan, still with the other deities on the ship, had summoned a glowing blue holographic tablet in front of her and was typing on it aggressively.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 6, 2023 21:03:27  #6

Patil immediately swings into action. Drawing his blade and dodging nimbly, parrying when necessary. Out of the corner of his eye he notices Arcan's...predicament. There was a split second of hesitation before he decides to join her side, though he does not reach out. "We should probably get out of here first, can you run?"

Marsh on the other hand, is stunned. Deer in headlights. Completely caught off guard and only avoids missing any limbs because their wings work faster than their mind. They float above the chaos, hovering uselessly in the air, trying not to panic. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 7, 2023 02:28:00  #7

Arcan wheezes for a bit, "Yeah... I'll" she takes another few breaths, "I'll be alright. I just need to breath." she heaves herself to one knee, and nocks an arrow in her bow. One with an odd, bulbous arrowhead with etchings along the shaft.

She then looks around the area, "Where's Marsh?" she asks, until she notices them hovering above everyone, "We gotta get to them."

-----

Alethea nods, "Good luck to you." With that, she splits with Ozark, and moves into the forest, glancing about her surroundings for any possible threats and dangers.

((Kinda wanna do some more stuff with her, but I'll just wait for things to develop and for time in-world to pass forward. Oh, also @Axel I actually meant that Alethea was talking to a rando npc, but I think the dialogue still works out and that she would still maybe say something like that to Ozark.))

-----

As the first seconds of chaos tick by, many fates are decided, while just as many are left open to the future. Those who look outwards from the stone tablet see many dashing off into the jungle, sometimes the skirmishes even continuing outwards.

For Marsh, as soon as they're in the sky, they feel a crash into their back. If they look back, it seems another winged figure decided to launch themselves into slamming into them, looking to start a fight with them.

((If you don't mind, I'll do some NPC povs, you guys are cool to do that too!))

Last edited by Time (February 7, 2023 02:30:52)

Time

February 7, 2023 20:01:51  #8

As Crimson steps in the forest he feels...cold...the unknown certainly has its challenges, but with no living ground to tell where anything is, he clearly is at a major disadvantage.  Crimson did his best to walk, taking every step as slow as possible and tried to find a place to hide and come up with a plan.  

As Fang and Flare walked together into the mountains they spoke quietly and soon split apart in their own ways, agreeing to find Crimson as their secondary goal.

Fang ran into the levels near the bottom of the rocky terrain, after all, a better sense of smell would be more useful on the ground than in the air.  Likewise, Flare took to the skies to find the best possible vantage points.  His goal?  Tracking everyone whom he sees.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

February 8, 2023 01:48:32  #9

The twang of a bowstring was all the warning Shiloh had before an arrow rocketed towards her, grazing her shoulder before burying itself into the tree behind her. She spun to face her attackers and was met with three warriors thundering out of the brush. A single glance was all she needed to know they were wildly out of their depth. Shoddy, makeshift weapons held in trembling hands as the archer of the group struggled to nock another arrow and avoid tripping over roots at the same time. 

Shiloh raised her good arm, and the trail of vines she left behind her surged forward. They engulfed the archer and flung them several yards away. They hit the base of a tree with a sickening crack. She turned her attention to the remaining fighters, and vines began to slowly advance towards them as well. "Might want to check on your friend there," she said in a sing-song voice.

The pair stumbled back and began to retrieve their comrade, shouting some... choice words at the wood nymph as they did so. She ignored them and resumed her trek through the jungle, albeit at a slower pace than before. That little spat alone had drained her more than she was expecting. She was getting rusty. Perhaps it was best for her to lay low as much as possible, even after the initial bloodbath. She pulled a few of her knives out of their hidden pockets in her sash as she walked. She was going to have to rely more on her physicality than she thought.

Speaking of... she tested her shoulder and winced as more blood-- thicker than a regular mortal's, but blood all the same-- began to well out of the gash. She stooped for a moment and coaxed a plant out of the ground, then plucked one of its broad leaves. She applied it to her shoulder like a bandage. It wasn't going to fix the pain or the wound itself, but at least she wasn't going to leave as much of a trail. Shiloh pressed onwards, doggedly continuing towards the mountains.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

In the midst of his beatings (and being beaten himself), Orphos noticed a familiar figure shambling into the woods in a rather odd way. Who was that? He delivered a final blow to some poor sap's face with the butt of one of his machetes before picking his way across the stone table towards the forest. His eyes widened as he realized who it was.

"Crimson!" he called out the weird tone you use when you run into someone at the supermarket you know enough that it would be awkward not to acknowledge them but not enough that you have anything substantial to talk about, closing the distance between them. "Why in Forengard are you here? I didn't think anyone in the pantheon would be legitimately participating..."

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

February 8, 2023 10:30:41  #10

Crimson didn't bother to listen to the voice, but kept on walking.  Part of his clothes were torn from falling too much and small cuts dotted his pants.  Either Crimson didn't care for the voice, or wanted to find a place to hide.  

(Oh my god, I just thought of the perfect O.C. to introduce.  Time to go to planning!)

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 8, 2023 21:23:58  #11

Marsh topples almost comically through the air. Drawing an invisible loop-de-loop before regaining his balance. He raises his hand in what he hopes is a placating gesture. "I'm not here to fight!" He blurts our hurriedly "Not even here for the flower, I-" There's a brief moment where he remembers why he's even here, but that brief moment of vulnerability is enough for his attacker to place a solid kick right in his guts. Marsh goes down like a bag of bricks, crashing somewhere amongst the thicket of green leaves. Disoriented, with a possible concussion and maybe a sprained ankle as well. There's also an ache in his side that he hopes is no more than bruised ribs. Somewhere along the way his wings disappeared, most likely a self-preservation tactic to make sure they didn't get torn. He tries to move but that only manages to send a sharp sting of pain up his right leg. He doesn't bother holding back a pained groan, definitely a sprained ankle.

Patil watches the frankly pathetic display. His eyes following Marsh through the air, it didn't even look like the guy put up a fight. He sighs heavily barely managing not to roll his eyes, "There he goes. At least he fell in the right direction." 

((This is what happens when I throw a character who has never, in their entire life, physically fought anything but a pickle jar (who also lost to said pickle jar) into an arena that's all about competition.)) ((Maybe he manages to crash near someone? Who knows, he sure doesn't))

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 9, 2023 02:29:04  #12

"I don't care what you're here for." The winged person said, landing by Marsh in a much more graceful fashion, slowly trekking forward, "What I see is therefore what you are. And to me, you are competition."

-----

"Shut it. Let's go." Arcan bumps the Patil on the shoulder before running across towards Marsh's location.

-----

As Shiloh escapes far out past much of the combat and chaos, she is greeted by a figure in waiting.

Emerging from behind a tree and other forestry, a woman walks out and in front of her. "Hello." Alethea says, a kind and serene smile on her face.

Time

February 9, 2023 22:26:46  #13

Patil breaks into a run as well, swiftly following Arcan. It's not hard to pinpoint Marsh's location when a loud shriek breaks through the trees.

For some stupid reason Marsh is still trying to talk their way out of this situation, babbling whatever comes to mind. They're stammering over their words, scooting along the ground in an attempt to put some distance between them. Of course it doesn't work, the figure just keeps advancing.
In a moment of pure panic they grab the nearest object, a fallen branch, and hastily draws a box in the dirt. Marsh doesn't think as they pull something heavy and rough out of ground, chucking it at the at their attacker. It's a brick, or maybe a solid block of concrete, and it hits the guy right in their solar plexus, knocking the wind out of him, then the brick falls and lands on his toe forcing out a high-pitched shriek. The winged figure doubles over and does that thing where you bounce on one leg after you stub your toe. Marsh just stares with a mix of mortification and horror, "I am so so sorry, I didn't think- I- Are you ok? No wait of course you're not, I just threw a brick at you, oh my god, I threw a brick at someone, oh gods, oh no. Are you? D-do you need help?" They try to stand and is painfully reminded of their sprained ankle. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 9, 2023 22:51:24  #14

Shiloh barely avoided slamming into the other woman as she skidded to a stop in front of her. She braced herself, holding one of her knives defensively in front of her. “Hello.” Her voice was hesitant, and vines coiled in anticipation around her feet, expecting an attack.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

“Hey,” Orphos tried again, annoyed. He poked Crimson in the shoulder, half expecting him to topple over.

Call me Ishmael.

February 10, 2023 03:08:42  #15

Approaching the scene, Arcan exchanges the arrow she had nocked for different, more normal looking one, she skids to a stop and draws the bowstring back, aiming for the man's wings,  "Back off and get out unless you want to never fly again."

-----

Alethea kept her smile, even when Shiloh tensed up. She turns her back to Shiloh, walking to a rock further away.  She brushes any small amlunts dust or foliage off before climbing up and sitting on top, facing back to Shiloh, crossing her legs.

"I wonder. Why did you spare those two? You could have easily gotten rid of them."

-----
((I suppose I should do one of these PoVs))

Time looks down upon the chaos from Ark's ship, "As expected." He simply states before looking to Naiyan, "What are you doing?"

Time

February 10, 2023 12:21:34  #16

Crimson grabbed Orphos hand and twisted it and threw it to his side and quickly turned around, grabbing Orphosby the neck and slamming him into the ground with a already bloody dagger blade to his neck.  Crimson's tears fell onto Orphos' face.  Crimson spoke no words, but it could all be said in his face.  He was scared and shaken beyond belief.  

----

As Fang ran through the odd terrain she heard the whispers and cries of fighting.  "Gods above...please don't let anyone die.  We don't need bloodshed over a flower." she whispered to herself and kept on running.  Fang kept in her head that the whole reason they were here was to find Cor.  Or what could be left of him at this point.  Afterall, in such a strange world and odd environment he's bound to lack any combative abilities.  It's no secret he fights horribly when scared.  Then again, that can be said for a lot of people. 

-----

"This is madness..." Flare said, standing up top a tree and watching the birds scatter and the noises of fighting.  "We only just started and the war has already begun...the Council better be watching over Cor.  I fear the worst for him.  Having to map mentally this strange world.  How ever does he even get around anyways?  More questions provided than answers indeed..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 10, 2023 12:52:54  #17

Ozark, while continuing to venture into the jungle, sees Crimson threatening Orphos. A few thoughts go through his head, with the overall conclusion of "Might as well deal with this now." As such, he swings his sword directly at Crimson, intending to knock him off, while his other arm extends, his hand growing larger, and attempts to keep Orphos on the ground.

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

February 10, 2023 17:25:01  #18

Crimson raises his Limiter and lets the blade slide off it, hitting the ground before picking up Orphos and throwing him at Ozark with enough force to knock the two down.  He lets out a shaken breathe hastily and clumsily runs away from the scene.    

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 11, 2023 10:32:59  #19

The winged figure turns to send Arcan a withering glare but does as he's told and doesn't move a muscle. Patil takes this opportunity to sneak up from his blind spot and wrap an arm around his neck. It happens fast, no more than ten seconds, and the figure goes limp. Patil releases his hold a few seconds later, setting the unconscious competitor down almost gently.

Marsh looks horrified, there's no other way to describe it. They open their mouth to speak but no sound comes out. Eventually, "Is- is he..?"

"No, not dead, just unconscious. How're you feeling?"

"Uh shocked, scared, kinda regretting-"

"I mean physically, what's hurt?" Patil cuts in, crouching down next to Marsh.

Blinking owlishly, it takes Marsh a second to comprehend. "Right, right. Um my ankle, definitely something with my ankle. And maybe my ribs? But I don't think it's serious, I just have a low pain tolerance." 

Patil carefully lifts Marsh's right foot and they wince, he touches a few areas around their ankle just to access the damage. "Sprained." He notes, moving on to remove their shoe, "We'll need a brace. Some kind of binding. I don't suppose you have any bandages lying around?" He asks, looking at Arcan.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 11, 2023 16:06:10  #20

Arcan looks left and right before lowering her bow and sticking her hand into a side pocket of her pack. She quickly pulls out a bandage and tosses it over to Patil, looking back to the surrounding trees, "We should hurry and move somewhere else. It's not exactly safe around here."

Time

February 11, 2023 21:24:50  #21

Patil nods in agreement, making quick work of creating a simple ankle brace for Marsh. It's not perfect but it'll do. He wraps an arm around their side and practically hauls them to their feet, supporting their weight. "Do your wings still work?" He asks.

"OH!" Marsh exclaims, their wings materializing out of thin air. "I almost forgot about them." A few quick flaps and they're in the air.

"Great, lets go." Patil starts off towards the direction of nearest beacon. 

Marsh lingers, their eyes trained on Arcan. "Thank you by the way, for coming after me." The words were spoken in a rush and Marsh is gone the next second, already hurrying to catch up with Patil.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 12, 2023 17:41:02  #22

Arcan doesn't respond, but she nods as a motion of acknowledgement, and follows after them towards the beacons.

"I think it will be a while before we are able to reach the top." She mentions to the others, but that was likely an easy observation.

Time

February 13, 2023 08:16:57  #23

"Hmph. Coward." Ozark lets Orphos go and shoots his arm up toward the treetops. He latches on to a branch, then pulls himself up, in order to get a better view of his surroundings before he continues. 

Axel
I aten't dead

February 13, 2023 15:39:28  #24

Naiyan looked up from her tablet. "Oh! I'm setting up the streaming. It's hard when you're trying to monitor everything at once and make it look good so its taking a while." she frowned, tapping her screen a few more times, then grinned. "Alright, its all set!"  She threw up the screen, enlarging it to the size of a small television. It seemed to be a streaming platform of some sort, and, of course, she was streaming the whole event live. A small microphone, similar to the type one would attach to their shirt collar, appeared in her hand.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 14, 2023 02:18:11  #25

"I don't have to explain myself to you!" Shiloh snarled at Alethea. Despite the other's nonchalance, the nymph's guard was still up. What did this person want?

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

These events happened almost too quickly for Orphos to register. He crouched in the foliage, trying to recover before he himself moved along as well. "That's what I get for trying to be nice," he grumbled to himself, gingerly straightening up. Nothing felt broken, but getting tossed like a ragdoll had definitely shaken him up a bit. He sheathed his machetes before setting out on a leisurely stroll deeper into the forest, making a point to give the direction Crimson went off in a wide berth.

Call me Ishmael.

February 14, 2023 02:56:55  #26

Alethea's smile grew a bit at the prickly response of the other. Even though it grew, it still seemed just as polite before.

"That is very true. You do not." She says, "But nonetheless, I think what you did was merciful and kind, in a way."

As what Shiloh already picked up, Alethea's way of speaking was very calm and kind in contrast to the chaos they were just in only but a few moments ago.

-----

"A stream?" Time raises a brow and scratches his head. He wasn't always too familiar with some of the modern tech stuff,  but he was somewhat familiar with this medium. He hesitates and shrugs,  "I'll admit that I think it would probably be better if we just saw it,  but im guessing you're going to be streaming this to the city outside??

Time

February 14, 2023 10:01:11  #27

"I could try to fly us up there?" Marsh eagerly offers.

Patil sends them a look that says, "sure you can buddy"

They visibly slump, "You gotta at least admit it's a good idea, in theory right?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 14, 2023 10:59:12  #28

Stumbling on branches and stones, Crimson gathered little of what he made as a mental map of the area.  Sitting down in a small depression in the ground he decided to rest. Surely this place couldn't be as big as it sounds?  He rubbed his eyes and sat down on the ground.  "Pain, loss and getting lost.  It's very poetic for me.  Fear of the unknown you know.  That's why I burst into tears.  I was afraid I wouldn't get out, that I would die in a place where I know nothing. But I guess I can get over it.  Fang and Flare will find me eventually.  I know they will.  Isn't that right?" Crimson's words reached an empty crowd.  But a voice rang in his head, the Emperors himself.  "Cor.  You're worrying too much.  You always worry.  It's no wonder the Council would send you somewhere else.  Get your head in this game.  Find a place to rest.  Make a map.  Expand your mind.  Surely you can touch Fang's and Flare's.  They will guide you.  Keep yourself sane.  This fight isn't just yours alone." He replied.  Crimson removed his weapons and coat.  "A weapon of the past carries weapons of war.  Almost ironic.  But at least I can fight.  But now...I'm gonna rest.  This place took a lot out of me..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 15, 2023 01:36:26  #29

"Maybe there's an ability that you can use as a deity?" Arcan suggests, trying to be helpful.

Time

February 16, 2023 09:37:13  #30

Marsh goes quiet, trying to think of what they could possibly do.

Patil sighs, "Go scout or something. We need to find water if we want to survive, preferably a river that'll lead us up the mountain."

"Oh right, right, I'll get on that." Marsh immediately goes up, right above the tree tops. Their flapping wings are barely discernible between the jungle thicket.

"So," Patil starts, looking over at Arcan, "How'd you two meet?" 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera