HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2023 04:49:33  #61

Re: *falls and clump of lore spills out of my pocket*

Prospero definitely gave this cake to Opulenti

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

February 20, 2023 04:53:32  #62

imagine not seeing your dead bestie for 20-odd years and he shows up at your front door looking like he tried to change the oil in his car and it went horribly wrong and he's like "I lived, bitch. Also do you want a job being the second-most powerful dude in the nation"

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

February 25, 2023 04:26:21  #63

[Lois Griffin voice] Felix.... the horse is here

Call me Ishmael.

February 25, 2023 21:33:52  #64

Ishmael wrote:

[Lois Griffin voice] Felix.... the horse is here

I do not know how to react to this information but if there was a like button I would have liked it

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 18, 2023 06:22:09  #65

I need to stop leaving for a week at a time because I lose all my momentum for things ahhhhh

Call me Ishmael.

March 24, 2023 07:53:10  #66

Having to trawl through the GGaD wiki to make sure I have my timeline correct for the Jackal getting his face exploded was a trip. How did we ever manage to do anything on there lmao what a mess

Call me Ishmael.

March 25, 2023 06:52:22  #67

hmmm. there is precedent that Jackal consuming a deity soul causes souls the mask may be "storing" for later consumption to be ejected it from it

something something Orphos giving Jackal Ishmael's soul for some reason and it overwhelms him and ejects Jackal's soul (what's left of it) along with whatever else and essentially actually kills him so Ish can take over the physical body hm hm hm

That would be sorta neat but I don't think I'll do it or if I did it would be a temporary thing while another body is sourced for Ish. I doubt a body that's been through what the Jackal has been through would withstand housing a deity for very long

Actually that poses an interesting question. Would Ishmael's healing capability extend to creating a body for himself? 

The funny thing to do would be to bring Ishmael back as his soul so he's just a glowing orb with no physical body. "Be not afraid" kind of thing. Biblically accurate Ishmael. Biblishmael

Call me Ishmael.

March 25, 2023 06:55:45  #68

I'm not really even formally entertaining the idea of Jackal Ishmael crossover I just like exploring my options and I think I might want to kill of my Masked Ones at some point, at least Jackal and Eagle. I feel like they've sorta run their course and served their purpose. I'm still using Raccoon and honestly Hyena would realistically be dead now so I guess he's died offscreen. Hyena mask open now (joke)

Call me Ishmael.

March 26, 2023 00:40:28  #69

Let me know if you want the A.A. to be involved in the deaths of the Jackal and Eagle, they love killing their employers (also a joke)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 26, 2023 12:06:14  #70

dust likes murder, and after so long without feeding it would undoubtably be rather hungry. and if the jackal has a portion of a deity soul, well that'd simply be the cherry on top of tying up loose strings.

also consider this: ishmael manages to project a body for himself from his soul, but whenever he's tired/weakened he turns back into ball mode

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

March 27, 2023 02:04:21  #71

I don't know if Jackal really has a portion of a deity soul as opposed to just consuming one. I think I wrote something on his form about how he occasionally just kind of releases energy now but I think that's more the mask than him

ooooooooooo Ishmael Ball could work

Call me Ishmael.

March 27, 2023 17:08:18  #72

I've gotta say I'm not really up to date with the status of Ishmael and the Masked Ones but it's interesting reading through ideas and all 👀

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 18:39:42  #73

ishmael's a ball. you could bowl with him.

actually how heavy is ishmael's soul is it heavy enough to be a bowling ball

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

March 31, 2023 03:39:55  #74

A couple years ago I spent like 6 hours looking at bowling regulations (even I don't know why that happened) so the real answer would be that it depends on who's bowling him. Generally speaking a bowling ball should be about 10% of your body weight but most bowling balls max out at 16lbs

So it's entirely possible that anyone could bowl him if they wanted an extremely light or extremely heavy bowling ball relative to their body weight/strength, or maybe he can manipulate his mass to be perfectly weighted to anyone who bowls him.

If Ishmael Ball wanted to be within regulation his weight would be 6-16lbs. I don't know if souls would have mass/weight but conventionally speaking if we assume he can project some kind of avatar or temporary body for himself, then he could give it mass (if it's not just a literal projection and we ignore the laws of physics) 

So the answer is a definite maybe(?)

Call me Ishmael.

March 31, 2023 03:45:15  #75

This is also assuming people can touch/grab Ishmael Ball (Ballmael?) 

Call me Ishmael.

March 31, 2023 11:21:22  #76

ishball. is ball.

March 31, 2023 11:36:11  #77

Ishballel

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 1, 2023 04:42:07  #78

Ishmael temporarily taking over the body of a Bushbeast.... not Huck, but one of the ones that are so large and have been slumbering below ground for so long that they've turned into hillsides

I have too many animal-adjacent characters as is but imagine thinking you're gonna get some twink in a poncho to heal your booboo and it's a living topiary the size of a house

Call me Ishmael.

April 4, 2023 02:37:57  #79

Trying to figure out how much I want Figura to know about things. He's pretty damn sure of Felix's lineage (if not explicitly aware), though it's never been his place to voice that theory, and it wouldn't have done much besides potentially put a target on the king's back in the past, but that doesn't really matter anymore

My main thing is how much I want Figura and Ishmael to know one another. If Ish encountered Fig and talked him out of eating local fishermen towards the beginning of his residency in the kingdom then it's entirely possible that he navigated the war with the kelpie at his side, or at the very least they became good friends. Either way he would have become aware of Ishmael's actions/involvement and he'd be a fairly good resource of information.

If he only encountered Ish at the end of his time in Anatina then he likely doesn't know a whole lot because he was too busy being a horse and eating the local fishermen. However, he could also have learned most of it in his time in the king's court, but it would be secondhand so he could have been told false/misleading information as I think Ishmael's presence would have been rapidly mythologized among Anatina's citizens. Figura could still hold a wealth of information, but it's anyone's guess if it's actually reliable. 

Of course, the fastest thing would be to talk to Ishmael himself, but he's not really able to come to the phone right now

Call me Ishmael.

April 5, 2023 02:10:12  #80

Yeah it's kinda hard talking to someone when they are dead.

The temporary solution of Bush beast possession sounds good though! It can even serve as a temporary solution thing for that soul revival stuff as that's sorted out.

Time

May 9, 2023 03:25:05  #81

Figura and Felix

Call me Ishmael.

October 30, 2023 20:26:19  #82

*blows the dust off this thread*

I swear every time I go to my summer job  I promise to myself that I'll at least check in to the Boardhost on the weekends. I have a really hard time with "out of sight, out of mind" and then I realize it's been 4 months before I've shown my face to around here. I have so many things I want to do and then I keep leaving before things pay off, which is frustrating for more than just me, I imagine.

Call me Ishmael.

October 30, 2023 20:41:43  #83

Gonna do my characteristically late "birthday" thread for Bliss. It's in June but I always do one and it's an easy way for me to lean back in to things. She's 13 now! About time she gets out and about on her own.

Call me Ishmael.

October 30, 2023 20:56:33  #84

I'm physically incapable of not tying it to plot and I've been sitting on something I haven't revealed in RP for literal years (one of many things, I have a problem) so we'll see how it goes

Call me Ishmael.

November 9, 2023 22:55:14  #85

To Do List:
Bliss Birthday Thread
- Thread Vibe: Intruxx - Glass Animals

Bushbeast Hibernation Thread?
- Figure out what's going on with them in general
- Also figure out what's happening with Ishmael/Shiloh's domain,,, have her there? 
- There's some Bushbeast + Anatina lore I've alluded to and haven't really explained, it would make sense to have Felix and Huck there

I miss Ishmael so bad I need my little guy to come back so I can subject him to The Horrors again.....

Janus
- I need to throw it around a little more

Orphos
- What is he up to rn? I might pull him and Shiloh out of the Domain of Flowers unofficially, I don't want to just throw them back in and potentially mess up the rhythm

Jackal and Eagle
- They are here? They both are loosely connected to a thread idea I have but I'm not quite sure what to do with them when they've got a target on their back

Opulenti/Prospero/Gevar/Anatina
- Anatina has a harvest festival..... could do somethin with that. It'd be their first real one without Ishmael, but I imagine it would turn into something not so harvest-focused because their land has gone fallow.... military ball? Might be fun for some people to sneak in and take a peek at things

That's all I got for now

Call me Ishmael.

November 9, 2023 23:21:41  #86

On the topic of Ish coming back, I've been toying with the idea of there being a small group of magician-healers that know that Ishmael's soul is still on this plane and have been trying to contact him and I think that would be a decent segue for the general deity population to figure out that he's still around, but not quite know where he is.

The group would be something Orphos is keeping an eye on, but not necessarily one he can directly interfere with, as he keeps Ishmael's soul on/around his person and they would probably figure out he has it. 

ooo... maybe he finally gets a handle on his cult leader and sends out the Jackal to investigate, or Jackal investigates on his own because he's got an appetite for god souls now

Call me Ishmael.

November 10, 2023 11:13:35  #87

with the idea of the magician-healers, i'd like to inquire about the devout perhaps having worshipped ishmael before he was offed, despite being dust's adoptive daughter. it would provide another reason for the group of healers to be looking for ishmael's soul, since she would assumably want him back too if she worshipped him, and would likely know vaguely what happened to him, considering who handed ishmael's soul over to orphos

November 10, 2023 16:00:01  #88

Hell yeah!!! I'm down for that. It would make sense for some of them to also turn to her for some guidance given her healing ability and demigod status

Call me Ishmael.

November 10, 2023 16:20:02  #89

gonna bang out my thread for Bliss so I don't forget about it

Call me Ishmael.

November 11, 2023 01:35:40  #90

Hmmm honesty I'm down to do whatever you do, I honestly really like interacting with your threads and whatnot.

As to bringing Ish back... I'll def keep an eye on that

And as to the DoF, that's pretty understandable. It sucks seeing two competitors go tho, I was invested in seeing what Shiloh does 😭

Time

Board footera