HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2023 04:06:33  #31

Re: *falls and clump of lore spills out of my pocket*

My Google Doc that I store characters in is 32 pages long whoo

I'm about to make it longer! I'm whipping up a form for Anatina's general because I have a feeling he might show up more often and I think, given Prospero's lack of heirs, would be second in line to the throne and also functions as a royal advisor. 

Also I don't know if I've said this but I'm totally okay with people making Anatina characters if they want! Could be pretty much anything, I think it'd be neat for Prospero to have a larger court but general citizens are also fair game.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

February 4, 2023 04:07:25  #32

I gotta come up with an actual name for him because I've been calling him "General Ken Obi" in my notes

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

February 4, 2023 22:50:00  #33

Honestly I'm fresh out of ideas and I might just keep General Obi. Maybe butcher the spelling a little bit. Obee? Obea? Ohbe? Oughbee? O'Bee? Eauxb? 

I do like my theme of high ranking people in Anatina having Latin(ish) first names that reflect luck/fortune/prosperity though... it needs to not start with f though I have too many

Opulenti? But then he can't have Obi as a last name because it's too similar... actually you know what I don't care enough about this guy to make that a problem. His last name is lost to time I guess until I figure something out. General Opulenti it is

Call me Ishmael.

February 4, 2023 23:18:20  #34

you could take a page out of edgar poe's book and call 'im fortunato. just don't trust him with any casks of amontillado

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

February 5, 2023 01:32:07  #35

"I don't care about this guy" I say as I pull up multiple tabs to make sure he fits in multiple timelines and give him the equivalent of a holy relic capable of impacting the entire kingdom and a web of informants across the whole medieval sect

Call me Ishmael.

February 5, 2023 01:34:23  #36

His form is 3 and a half pages long good god I'm so sorry Time, you're the one typically accepting forms lol

Call me Ishmael.

February 5, 2023 02:19:49  #37

3.5? ZAMN

It's all good. More info is good info. I may be inclined to make a character for Anatina but I gotta make another character first lol

I liked Cask of Amontillado

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 5, 2023 02:25:13  #38

Ishmael wrote:

My Google Doc that I store characters in is 32 pages long whoo

I literally had to split my personal character information stuff into multiple docs and then store it into a folder because whenever I was on mobile and writing things, whenever I stopped writing I got a notif from docs saying it wouldn't do a grammar check because the document was too long, and it was so often an quite peeving if I do say so myself

Time

February 5, 2023 02:27:39  #39

I only write out forms on my iPad or laptop for that reason. I actually had to force it to stop correcting Opulenti to opulent because I kept having to go back and recorrect it, which might bite me in the ass later but we'll see

Call me Ishmael.

February 6, 2023 01:41:58  #40

I too worry that adding it to a dictionary is going to come back and bite me even though the spelling of a character's name is extremely specific and there is no way I would misspell the word they think I am trying to spell in that specific order

Last edited by Time (February 6, 2023 01:42:11)

Time

February 7, 2023 10:36:23  #41

Had to write a thing about Orpheus one time and Orphos kept making an appearance, it was great

Call me Ishmael.

February 7, 2023 13:43:35  #42

orphos voice stop putting me in the underworld

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

February 8, 2023 03:19:20  #43

You know what we haven't had in a LONG time? A good old fashioned deity meeting. I miss those a lot actually. I loved having that as a way to get characters canonically up to speed on things and it was a low-stakes excuse for deities + their entourage to mingle in a shared space.

Call me Ishmael.

February 8, 2023 03:35:48  #44

I don't know much about casual deity meetings and am guessing there are other deities who can host meetings like that, but let me know if Galaxian can help in any way!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 8, 2023 04:41:44  #45

I can't remember if there was a designated meeting spot or if we just winged it every time. I vaguely remember a war-room type situation 

Call me Ishmael.

February 8, 2023 11:25:36  #46

oh we should totally do that again. people would get to meet the new beast(critchun) and ash(both the character and me) want to be aware of current goings on. and felix can ask for help getting his house back if time an chronos take him(i think he's still staying at the clocktower, right?)

February 9, 2023 03:05:15  #47

Ooooh I'd be interested in a deity meeting thread! Those were always really so fun, with all the interactions that normally wouldn't take place.
I think the last meeting of that sort wasn't strictly for deities and iirc it was called by Galaxian, but I could be misremembering. I also sort of forgot the purpose of that specific meeting even though I remember it was an emergency I think.
Tbh thinking about it I probably wouldn't be able to participate in a thread like that again considering that I have yet to sort out the details going on with my deities but I know it'd be so fun, and I'd be all up for spectating that!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 9, 2023 03:15:52  #48

The last one was held because Echo, Ishmael, and Ash all died within a short period of time and chronologically might still be in the future (idk chronology weird but I still do remember why it was set in the future), and certain mortal characters were able to attend too. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 9, 2023 10:17:28  #49

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

felix can ask for help getting his house back if time an chronos take him(i think he's still staying at the clocktower, right?)

Yeah he's still hanging out there!

Call me Ishmael.

February 9, 2023 12:59:14  #50

I remember the place. The Ephemris or whatever or big clocktower place that started with the letter E.

The CDs blew it up in a big battle.

If we wanna connect it to a plot, Time can call deities to discuss the Anatina and the diplomatic party

Time

February 9, 2023 17:22:16  #51

ash could also host it in his fortress, much harder to blow up, and it could serve as their official return to being alive and worshipped. options are important, so is there anybody else that both has a place and reason to call together the pantheon?

February 9, 2023 21:51:28  #52

If I get Janus properly introduced in time, it has a space large enough to host something like that but it’s quite literally a hole in the ground so probably not the greatest idea

Call me Ishmael.

February 9, 2023 21:57:15  #53

Consider: the Felix v Prospero fight for the throne but it’s the JoJo Approach meme

Call me Ishmael.

February 9, 2023 23:42:57  #54

I don't have any reasons, but I think it would be cool if they held it at the ruins of the Empheral

Time

February 10, 2023 20:33:09  #55

👀 that would be cool

Call me Ishmael.

February 11, 2023 14:48:34  #56

Uh oh also it's neutral grounds or something idk

Time

February 14, 2023 03:45:03  #57

Midterms are kicking my ass but you know what it's fine

I think Figura can sleep standing up in a non-horse form but he just looks like he's aggressively spacing out or is very very focused on meditating. If you walk behind him while he's sleeping he'll kick the shit out of you 

Call me Ishmael.

February 18, 2023 00:01:55  #58

I love having magic be connected to emotion (as I'm sure y'all have noticed lol) but I find Propero's case to be an interesting one. His magic ability is so powerful almost entirely because he has little control over it, especially his decay magic. He's so good at putting on an act and looking collected and unphased that everything he doesn't or can't express gets channeled into his magic as a means of expression, which is why Felix's wound-- honestly it probably falls under the category of curse now-- is so intense. All of Prospero's rage, indignation, and hatred concentrated in a single point towards what he perceives to be the one man standing in the way of what's his, someone he wishes had never existed. And now we've got Some Dude who has no idea who and what he is getting run through the wringer every time he tries to remember that existence 

Call me Ishmael.

February 19, 2023 04:45:31  #59

Still thinking about Figura doing horse stuff. Mans absolutely eats apples from the top down, core and all

Call me Ishmael.

February 19, 2023 04:48:41  #60

I also have this very strong mental image of Little Felix and Figura in a fruit orchard and Felix using Figura's various forms to reach the taller branches. Like this kelpie has fully killed and eaten people for less and this royal 12-year-old is standing on his shoulders because he wanted a specific peach or something

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera