HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2023 06:39:40  #1

*falls and clump of lore spills out of my pocket*

I was going to do this in my homethread but I SEVERELY limit myself there because I worry about being annoying in what kind of functions as like,,,, a blog that people check on to see what I'm doin irl so I'm throwing all my stuff here lmao

I apologize in advance for the absolute avalanche of songs I'll probably throw in here

constantly torn between keeping things in my noggin to gradually reveal them when necessary and Telling Everyone Everything so people know what I'm talking about with my blorbos

I will probably be talking about serious/heavy stuff every once in a while, and I will do my best to properly tag/spoiler but please let me know if you need me to do it with anything, I don't mind at all and I know we have a lot of different thresholds to what is considered upsetting content and I don't want anyone being uncomfortable!!!

Last edited by Ishmael (January 21, 2023 06:39:57)

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 21, 2023 07:03:07  #2

Re: *falls and clump of lore spills out of my pocket*

kicking this off with I want to bring Ishmael back but don't really know how to go about it and I'd like for him to be a bit more grounded. This time around. I think I bungled his character a bit (granted I was like,,, 15 and very inexperienced when I introduced him) and I think a soft reset would do us both some good.

Ishmael has been, in some way or form, my oldest OC and I feel kind of empty if he's not in my repertoire when I'm roleplaying. His very first appearance was on a Clash of Clans warrior cat roleplay when we decided to be quirky one night and mix it up with roleplaying humans in a high fantasy medieval setting. His name was Felix and he had plant powers (that was literally his entire description). and that was.... around 2015? He's been around for a little bit. He's literally grown and changed with me and I Want My Little Guy Back

I don't think I can do it for a while at least because of Anatina's situation and him returning would put a significant monkey wrench in... well, everything. 

Everyone kind of plays by their own soul rules in Forengard but I think at this point, Ish's consciousness is within his soul itself, so he could still be reached in a way? It's likely extremely difficult to do so though. Orphos has been unsuccessful in modifying/tampering with Ish's soul because it defends itself by bombarding everyone in the vicinity with wartime memories so I think any contact made would be very disjointed and unstable. Could be an interesting thing though. BUT people would have to a.) know that Orphos is in possession of Ishmael's soul and b.) be able to access it themselves, something extremely unlikely because Orphos keeps it near him and would certainly notice it going missing

I guess I gotta think about it a little more. I also have an extremely bad habit of having major plot stuff be within my own characters and I'm trying to break out of that a little bit, so if anyone has any ideas about this and how it plays out with y'all's characters, I will happily hear you out

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 21, 2023 21:38:37  #3

👀

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 22, 2023 00:46:21  #4

Anatina’s my little pet project and I still think the timeline is a little messy and things don’t quite line up w Ishmael’s timeline but I’ve never let that stop me before so take this with a grain of salt, this is more of a rough blocking in of events and it’s still kinda squishy

I like to think that Ishmael’s time in Anatina fundamentally shaped him and how he interacts with his divinity. Stabilizing the region was his first major task as a god, and having to do that while simultaneously adjusting to his new life wasn’t easy.

There’s also the fact of grappling with what it means to be a peace god. Do you stop conflict at its source, or allow it so that peace may be achieved through it? If you asked him that now, he’d lean towards stopping conflict early and reaching solutions peacefully, but with Anatina he was still very much in War Mode from when he was mortal. The ideology hammered into him as a child and young adult would be to achieve peace through war, and that would take a lot of reflection to dismantle, which he likely would not have been focusing on in the time he was in Anatina.

The Ishmael Anatina would remember is significantly different than his later years. He was boots-on-the-ground with the kingdom’s soldiers, acting as their immortal field medic because that was the only thing he knew how to do to help at the time. Can you imagine being a guy from a rival kingdom and learning the other guys have a whole GOD fixing them up. Ish would have been significantly more violent and jaded and he absolutely killed people, something I don’t think he’d do unless he absolutely had to now. He would eventually pursue less violent means (read: pacifying armies with his peace aura) but that’s only a short-term solution and he would ultimately withdraw entirely to focus on diplomacy with neighboring kingdoms, probably at the request of Queen Fortuna who didn’t want fighting to begin with. That’s probablt right about when their relationship started.

He was still grappling with the whole deity thing, so having Fortuna around would’ve given him a sense of normalcy, but a queen and a god can’t really work out long term (too bad so sad) and they’d part ways after Ish’s whole creating Bushbeasts thing as it was a wakeup call for both of them. I don’t have the spoons to explain that right now but you bet that I’ll talk about that eventually lol. Ish would have already talked Figura into the royal advisor position so the kingdom would be in good hands (hooves?). Then Ishmael blessed the territory and peaced out and Felix came along a bit later with no knowledge that his dad is a deity 

and they all lived happily ever after

Call me Ishmael.

January 22, 2023 01:39:52  #5

Sorry for not responding to the rest of your thoughts (they are very interesting but my head is empty), but if any of my characters can help with Ishmael's situation, let me know!
Especially Galaxian, I would think. The god of life after all, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 22, 2023 13:31:40  #6

Ishmael wrote:

(granted I was like,,, 15 and very inexperienced when I introduced him)

Ishmael has been, in some way or form, my oldest OC and I feel kind of empty if he's not in my repertoire when I'm roleplaying.

I feel very much the same with Time. I'd like to make a lot of changes with him and I wished I did a lot of things differently with him now today. 

Ishmael wrote:

His very first appearance was on a Clash of Clans warrior cat roleplay when we decided to be quirky one night and mix it up with roleplaying humans in a high fantasy medieval setting.

That one is one of the most random mashs I have seen. I sometimes wonder how people get these ideas.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 22, 2023 13:40:17  #7

But anyways, I have a good interest in this, and I'm definitely willing to work with you on how to bring Ishmael back.

Time already has 1 of two requirements already. I would have to see though how Time should really go about it or even if he would.

Also nice Anantia history and Ishmael history there.

Time

January 22, 2023 23:09:56  #8

I gotta work out when and how to do it but I will let y'all know 👀

I want to get Felix back on his feet first before anything though

Call me Ishmael.

January 23, 2023 01:08:41  #9

ash could help out after felix recovers, he wants to screw over dust for eating their soul and could totally assist in unconquering a kingdom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 23, 2023 01:16:39  #10

Gevar and Prospero both have some similarities in their designs (black eyes and geometric tattoos) but they're for wildly different reasons

Gevar's eyes are just one of her bird traits carrying over into her human form, and her tattoos are like sigils/spells that allow her human form to withstand the heat she produces and channel it inwards or outwards alongside the fire. Her pyrokinesis/magic in general is based more on instinct, emotion, and intent than spellcraft, so having a human form without any protection would pretty much fry her from the inside out because she doesn't really have a handle on how her magic manifests itself.

She's a lot more controlled now that she has her flock back, so she's not bursting into flames at every minor inconvenience, but she's definitely not someone you want to be stuck in a confined space with still.

Prospero's just all sorts of messed up lol. He wasn't born with magic ability, that's something he picked up during his captivity. I don't have all the details on that one sorted out, but mans has been killed and revived at least once and also struck by lightning so you can imagine what's going on behind the scenes there. His tats are black rings that circle his arm and I'd like to think they're a counter for something but once again I haven't worked that out. I kind of like having his background up in the air because it's easier for him to lie about things

I like having little visual links and motifs with a lot of my OCs but because I don't draw them and it's not really relevant most of the time, a lot of it goes unnoticed. Shiloh, Ishmael, and Felix all have large chest scars and all of them are because of a shift in power dynamic and a drastically altered life course/rebirth (quite literally a change of heart). Orphos stripped Shiloh of her(/Ishmael's) divinity and killed her, and now she's back and girlbossing with the Masked Ones. Ishmael got kebabbed by a bayonet fighting in a war and became a god, and then kicked the bucket again. Felix is,,, homeless amnesia demigod king so I imagine that's a bit of a shock to the system.

Also Shiloh has one of Milo's feathers tucked into her hair because it's her little trophy for successfully taking over Ishmael's domain and killing the guy that took her place as Ish's assistant after her little divinity stunt.

Call me Ishmael.

January 23, 2023 01:18:45  #11

Also @Galaxian and everyone else please don't feel pressured to respond to anything, this is mostly my stream of consciousness infodumping stuff so I'm not expecting anyone to like,,,, read everything and give me an essay in return. I just wanted a space to put things down

Call me Ishmael.

January 28, 2023 06:23:37  #12

Love when I make things unintentionally cool lmao

Felix and Prospero are opposites with their magic proficiencies and personalities, but so are their head guards. Figura is a water horse and Gevar is a fire bird. Both of them were attacked/preyed upon by humans and both chose violence as a means of retaliation, but Figura stopped in the name of peace (in essence Ish literally just asked him nicely lmao) and Gevar's entire existence has been combat and war

Love my disney princesses with their animal sidekicks

Call me Ishmael.

January 28, 2023 12:39:27  #13

when's the mid-combat singing planned for

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 28, 2023 20:34:19  #14

I love when the pieces fall into place on their own

Time

January 30, 2023 01:57:12  #15

Nothing earth shattering but Prospero is 100% the type of person to train himself to be ambidextrous

Call me Ishmael.

January 30, 2023 02:19:21  #16

I don't think I've ever met an ambidextrous person. Like writing with both hands and all.

They have an amazing power

Time

January 30, 2023 03:07:24  #17

Old coworker of mine was technically ambidextrous in the sense that he could write equally well with both hands, but decided to use his right hand for everything else

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 02:38:15  #18

So much power but decided to limit himself

Time

January 31, 2023 03:47:48  #19

He was powerful enough without it. I've never seen someone accidentally cause problems as consistently as he did in my life

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 14:27:10  #20

I don’t think 13 year old me was brave enough for catboy Orphos when I made him but it fits him so well. Dude’s one bad day away from hissing and swatting at people anyways

I need to stop making animal/animal adjacent characters I already have so many lol

I mean he technically is animal adjacent because he can turn into a crow but yknow what I mean

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 14:41:55  #21

My original plan for Ishmael’s resurrection was to have him in some amalgamation cryptid body but I’ve already filled that void with my lil rabbit Janus. I think any deity could probably just change their appearance whenever they want (and we can just change things whenever because nothing matters lol) but I feel like it’s a unique opportunity to drastically alter him. Like how in the Percy Jackson series, gods have a form specifically for humans because their true form makes them disintegrate??

I honestly don’t know what I would change besides making him look physically older so he’s not 17(? I think I vaguely put his age there he might be a smidge older). I cannot see him as a middle aged dude but he’s definitely not a babyfaced combat medic anymore. Probably make him more ethereal and not Just Some Guy. Wardrobe overhaul

I wish I could draw people so I can get him some good clothes sob sob
Picrews only do so much and I can never find good enough ones 

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 14:43:18  #22

What if I gave him one of those obnoxious armor sets from the Spirit Animals game

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 15:03:03  #23

They were kind of cool tbh but they’re bulky as all hell. Maybe I’ll give him an armor set for when he was in Anatina based of them because I love how silly they are. I absolutely think they would have freaked out about a deity chillin with them and given him the gaudiest, most ceremonial looking armor possible 

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 21:52:28  #24

I'm sorry but the tiger reminded me of this:

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 31, 2023 22:01:42  #25

I used to think Spirit Animals was the pinnacle of gaming and now I would fight tooth and nail to seeit remastered so I can’t count the polygons. Such a funny little game

Call me Ishmael.

February 1, 2023 08:01:11  #26

Tbh, wasn't it? I spent so many hours playing that game and perfecting the angle at which to cast the special skills haha. If it were remastered I'd be unspeakably happy I'm ngl that was such a big part of my early teen life.

Also on your previous post you mentioned Ishmael's original appearance and I never imagined him babyfaced lol. Young? Yes, but in like a mature young man way. The more you know xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 2, 2023 01:10:52  #27

Workin on playlists because I realized I didn't have one for Figura. I've been having problems with finding new music with spotify's algorithm because it seems like the things I listen to all lead to each other, so I've thoroughly exhausted the niche that it's put me in. Might have to clear my cache and intentionally listen to things outside of the beaten path because it's a little annoying

Despite that, it's going well. Actually found a new album and I'll probably give it another new listen and rip it apart for different playlists because it's got some good ones. It's called Rope and Ladder by the band of the same name and, funnily enough, seems like it centers around a kingdom locked in a power struggle with a love triangle thrown in for spice. I have never seen it til now but some things are eerily lining up which is great for my Anatina character playlists honestly. Just have to figure out what goes where. 

I don't think any of it super fits Fig but it'll be good for the royal family

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 08:47:00  #28

what about song of storms from wind waker. because figura's water(i'll see m'self out)

February 2, 2023 22:09:13  #29

I had some water-themed songs and had to scale back pretty much all of them because it would not stop recommending me sea shanties to add to it

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 22:23:03  #30

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera