HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2023 22:31:55  #211

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

i don't think it'd be possible to make a garden of the flowers, but that doesn't mean somebody wouldn't try.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

April 11, 2023 23:05:58  #212

i think it'd be fun if ash's forest was cyclic. like seasons but more. his claim to the land causes the forest to grow and die with the seasons. in spring the seeds begin to flourish and grow, until in summer the trees grow tall and many. in autumn they age further, growing almost an overabundance of fruit and seed until it is almost winter, and the animals have either migrated or hibernated and the forest rots away into the dirt to feed the next spring.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

April 11, 2023 23:08:31  #213

maybe something similiar happens to his truly devout followers too, causing them to age faster but live longer. when nearing the end of their unnatural/natural lives, most of the deeply devoted are closer to undeath than life.

April 11, 2023 23:12:11  #214

i don't think any of this will be particularly story relevant, but ash's claim causing things to age rapidly but prosper longer would be pretty neat flavour text. and maybe a hint that there's something not quite right with the guy

April 13, 2023 11:26:09  #215

I've thought about the flowers because of Ishmael's plant-deityness and the general interest a couple of my guys have with flowers/immortality in general. I've always kind of thought of flowers as a "whim of the universe" kind of thing, where there isn't really a way to predict or control when they appear, but that some force beyond the understanding of the pantheon is at work within them

Perhaps not a canonical answer, but I do like the idea of Forengard itself being a deity, in the most primitive sense of the word. It has its energies and can understand what is happening in, on, and around it, but it is such an ancient being that there is no way to communicate with it, and it is so vast that any attempt to do so would likely end in the person's death/insanity/etc. 
I'd imagine there's some sort of creation myth out there with some of the people who live within Forengard that a mortal-turned deity isn't something that happens at random-- the planet itself is hand selecting the pantheon to some degree to help ensure its survival

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

April 13, 2023 21:03:21  #216

i was listening to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=metdOn9BxXM

and ogh i am having so many ideas for an au where ash didn't continue. where dust killed him, and stole his body. i mean, it can become any whom it devours, so why doesn't it keep its murder under wraps, and simply keep it from being known? from there i'd imagine it could lead to several more "disappearances" of deities, as dust carves its hunger through the pantheon. like that one movie, 'the thing'; where people are slowly killed off and then replaced with a creature.

imagine how much angst could be found there, as the gods become paranoid of whatever's been killing them and hiding away into their domains. but no place is safe, as the shade does not follow the material law. with so many dead, and more hiding, forengard would be plunged into an eternal night, strife with death; like the night of the hunt in bloodborne. surely, the gods must succeed right? but how can they, when they cannot trust that their allies are real?

and again, the angst potential. imagine if the souls managed to fight back, saving a few lucky divine(like i'd imagine that one of the clock twins would be able to escape while the other fends off 'ash' or whoever dust is pretending to be at that moment.). imagine your dead friend, your ally, your fellow immortal, calling out for you to let them in or to come out and join them. but they are dead, they are no more. and whatever is out there knows that you cannot hide forever. and then its voice shifts, to that of your hated enemy, of the one who struck fear deepest into your heart, again now dead. and it calls you all the things they used to, but with such hunger that it's near impossible to mistake that thing as what was once your rival.

how many gods would try to fight dust, as its claws ensnared deeper into their bodies and minds? how many seats would be left empty at each meeting of the divine, as they try to scramble hope out of the situation? how quickly would they learn to stop showing up, as whatever was attacking them was good enough to trick them?

i think the last bastion of safety would be the clocktower, as the twins put up wards and illusions in conjecture with the other magic gods. when critchun awakens, it would probably be cast out as anything from outside would be untrusted. but if they were not, he would be able to find the tormentor. and perhaps she would last long enough for the other gods to come down and finally put an end to the hungering night.

but i doubt they would let the beast in, as dust can mimck anything it's eaten to near perfection, and how would they be able to find flaws in a copy of something they do not know?

April 22, 2023 21:15:54  #217

still thinking about that au btw.

and also, what if dust just. continued to pretend to be ash, never really getting into the thing aesthetic. what if it became an issue of the original story of dr. jekyll and mr. hyde, wherein they are the same exact person, just a different facet. Would anybody ever realize that the brash and reckless wretch of a shade killed its former master, and now uses his calm and tired face to obscure its crime?

Essentially this would become an inverse of the dr. jekyll/mr. hyde scenario, instead being like if mr. hyde used the potion to make an esteemed name for himself as dr. jekyll.

April 24, 2023 01:55:00  #218

You do enjoy stories where dust kills everyone don't you

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 24, 2023 01:55:29  #219

Or contemplating darker timelines more really

Time

April 24, 2023 15:48:38  #220

i mean, that's part of dust's goal. ridding the world of gods would be the most sure-fire way to ensure its peace is uninterrupted by them. so it's basically just timelines where dust manages to succeed, which would make sense as to why they're darker; it's a shade afterall.

April 24, 2023 15:52:57  #221

here's a less dark au: dust was not crafted as weapon, more as a guardian. when it breaks free from ash's control, it instead begins to guard those that show it kindness; and that which it considers beautiful. it still acquires the wolf mask, but mostly so that it does not feel so foreign, permanently fusing itself to the mask to create the Shade Wolf. It does not bleed, and it is not divine, it is a beast; merely doing as it pleases. same as the current dust, simply twisted from the concept of a weapon into a shield.

it'd still hate ash in this au btw.

April 24, 2023 19:29:25  #222

hey remember beeb. apparently i have his form saved in google docs. i'm in the middle of revamping the personality, but otherwise the form's completely untouched from the original creation.

and i know me and axel made this together, but i have ta say we did not do good. i'm only revamping the personality because i know i wrote that part, and i can do so much better without even changing the base characterization

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (April 24, 2023 20:44:43)

April 24, 2023 19:31:23  #223

i also made beeb a hells of a lot older(he's like 17 now, still child but not a toddler anymore) because fitting that mess of a traumatic backstory into nine years of adolescence is just plain bad writing

April 24, 2023 19:40:52  #224

anyways so here's the form. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i9SwfWMkYV_Dnzdvef3lJ6a0_yd7rkvVOqSxXjjHhfs/edit?usp=sharing

also wow i can't believe beeb briefly made christianity real in forengard

April 26, 2023 15:53:38  #225

i think dust would wink at people who hate it if it had eyes

April 30, 2023 13:08:53  #226

i think dust matter interacts in one of three ways depending on which traits it's mimicking: skin=total absorption of light, scales=kaleidescopic effect due to reflection, and chitin=black mirror

April 30, 2023 13:47:55  #227

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

hey remember beeb. apparently i have his form saved in google docs. i'm in the middle of revamping the personality, but otherwise the form's completely untouched from the original creation.

and i know me and axel made this together, but i have ta say we did not do good. i'm only revamping the personality because i know i wrote that part, and i can do so much better without even changing the base characterization

Honestly no, I do not remember beeb

you made the character w/Axel?

Time

April 30, 2023 13:49:20  #228

i made the design in a picrew because i thought it looked fun. and then axel wanted to make him a full character so we wrote up the form together. and then beeb never saw the light of day i'm pretty sure

April 30, 2023 13:49:57  #229

April 30, 2023 16:37:32  #230

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

i made the design in a picrew because i thought it looked fun. and then axel wanted to make him a full character so we wrote up the form together. and then beeb never saw the light of day i'm pretty sure

oh i remember beeb

he must reemerge from his prison

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

May 1, 2023 16:46:29  #231

y'know what'd be kinda funny. if the devout didn't worship dust. like yeah it's her divine parent, but that doesn't mean they have to worship it or anything. it respects the wolf, and considers it her liege; but that doesn't directly mean religious significance to them. anyways my idea is that it actually worshipped ishmael(because he's a healer god) until dust killed him and was like "damn, that's a bummer. anyway i can still heal things so who cares"

May 1, 2023 17:16:24  #232

I think that to be very nice character development imo

Time

May 1, 2023 18:19:54  #233

i think it'd especially be funny once ishmael's come back to life, and he figures out that dust's daughter is worshipping him more than it. like yeah she'll pour out a sinner's blood for the wolf, but it's not lighting any incense or whatever

May 2, 2023 02:09:38  #234

I would actually find that to be quite wacky as well. What will come of that I wonder?

Time

May 2, 2023 08:51:40  #235

i dunno. i just kinda thought of it and decided that it'd be fun. this is how i develop characters

May 3, 2023 00:24:45  #236

i just remembered trove!!! they were a half-baked concept but i can do it better now. also whoops my hands slipped https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D510404389/

May 3, 2023 09:22:42  #237

things i'm planning to keep from past trove: unable to control the light like how dust controls the dark, dust's first spawn by technicality, and unwillingness/inability to harm others(with the new exception of dust)

May 3, 2023 20:10:19  #238

i've created a draft form for trove and i've added: a distaste for life, a reverence towards the preservation of life, a cocky attitude, the same undying nature as dust, an explicit lack of the ability to shapeshift or teleport through light, further connections towards the old gods that once were sealed within ash with them and dust, just as dust is the wolf trove is a hawk(although it can't turn into a hawk. yet), and great skill at wielding magicks. specifically plant magic, healing, and lightning

May 3, 2023 20:14:05  #239

important difference between dust and trove's distastes of life: dust thinks everything is too bright and loud. trove thinks everything is too slow and quiet

May 3, 2023 22:58:17  #240

i may or may not have done an outfit swap on dust and trove.

dust looks great! very fun to look at. https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D510373248/

trove. well they certainly look but i'm unsure if that's a good thing or not https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D510438981/

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (May 4, 2023 13:07:30)

Board footera