GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2023 10:56:27  #181

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

i think that i should find some way to explore toruris' character more. being manifested as one of the chronologically oldest ngeštugbar and being the first and all light could be really fun to play with. like it very specifically watched over nearly all of existence to record and remember them, even when they are forgotten. plus it's somewhat new to the concept of "being a person", so it likely doesn't understand some eccentricities of living things while still knowing so very much.

i think the idea of the beast of memory manifesting with the twins was a good way to rectify this in the current rp where toruris existed, the only problem is that i have to think about things in a way that makes it fun for other characters to see these memories of the scorching light.

i've also been thinking of teneglorim a fair bit recently, along with a few other aus of toruris. i should explore the crowns collective at some point, although on the other hand its mystique is rather intriguing and could be used for really funny things or tragic limitations.

besides that i should probably figure where i'm going with the avit plot. what's gonna save them from being the frost-devoured ghost. maybe it's like a gradual thing, maybe all it will take is somebody getting lanuri there long enough for him to work their literal magic and lacerate the ice into at least a slush so avit can change mostly back to how they were before. actually how's this going to play with avit's struggle of trying to remain human. because they were trapped in a very not-human form and mindstate for a considerable while. i'm going to give this silly so much trauma from this experience

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (March 21, 2023 10:58:57)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

March 23, 2023 16:26:03  #182

do you think critchun can't eat chocolate

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

March 24, 2023 00:26:54  #183

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

do you think critchun can't eat chocolate

I think it would be funny

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 27, 2023 03:13:31  #184

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

what if the wolf mask's thing was that it could devour the divine.

hi thinking about this. so i know that the jackal ate some of a god's soul, but dust was able to completely devour several. but also it was left marred, the ruination of its face would've definitely killed something more mortal. but also the wolf mask is in far better condition that the jackal mask, really only being slightly cracked and leaking dust's vile ichor from the teeth.

March 27, 2023 18:45:01  #185

i think dust is actually very light for its size, because the metal isn't super heavy and the wolf mask is like just a full-face covering that happens to be made of bronze. it's probably mostly hollow in the snoot, since it's made to be worn by mortals. anyways the reason dust is light is because shadows aren't as dense as flesh and bone and blood. could fly that shade like a kite

March 28, 2023 22:32:26  #186

btw this is probably the closest thing to a voiceclaim i'll ever give dust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2qsLCf3YtU

March 29, 2023 14:21:53  #187

I did not expect fiddlesticks ngl

Time

March 30, 2023 00:38:27  #188

wait i was gonna say something unrelated to that but like what did you expect? morgan freeman?

March 30, 2023 01:39:32  #189

Something deeper and more shadowy.

Like something not as wheezy and erratic

Time

March 30, 2023 18:16:24  #190

that's why i said it was the closest thing. because i don't know anything with a voice like dust should have, and i, at least currently, don't have the skill or knowledge to create somethin

also specifically the parts where it sounds like how i'd make dust sound is when it's deep. like the "nobody left, but me." or the "reap and sow. reap and sow."

March 31, 2023 01:40:13  #191

Yeah, those parts are definitely closer to something I would think what Dust would sound like.

Time

March 31, 2023 11:23:38  #192

do you think dust keeps the wolf mask polished. it'd be very funny if somebody managed to dent the mask and dust's only reaction was "Do you know how much buffer I'm going to need to get that out??"

April 1, 2023 01:24:30  #193

here's a fun idea for an au dust: a reality, where it didn't get the wolf mask, or at least the mask  could not devour the souls of the divine. this would not change its goal of ascending through consumption, but it would change the outcome.

think about it, a dust shattered, its smile cracked and its vile ichor soaking the ground barren without restraint. a dust unable to mimic, or hate, or transform. tattered and ruined, and yet death does not know this construct's name; and thus it cannot End.

April 1, 2023 23:07:59  #194

btw dust's jaw would be broken in this au. along with all the atrocities cursed deep into its being, but what use is its own voice when all it can do is scream?

April 3, 2023 09:39:11  #195

every time i type critchun i think about crit-chan.

crit-chan is not real but the name is really close to critchun and really funny to think about

April 4, 2023 04:53:30  #196

i'm kinda curious about what all of the divine would be like in their prime, either later or in the past.

because gods aren't just immortals two steps ahead of the rest of life. they're divine, they should be able to dramatically alter like half the world with a bit of time and work.

ash is faded, the weakest he's ever been; clinging to scraps of his first power. but that same first power was enough to start the countdown on an entire world, survive most of a similiarly powerful pantheon's continuous assaults against them, and become a scourge across stars. ash was divine, and he still is, but he is so weak now.

critchun is in a similiar position, they used to be much grander; and while it's uncertain exactly how much weaker she is, he can't perform the same feats it used to do on a whim. he can't carve valleys with the stroke of her claws, or defy fate and death; they can't even continue its old hunts. but she is still powerful compared to mortals, because they are divine; regardless of how far he fell.

dust cannot peak, its power is only limited to its will and souls it's consumed. the strongest dust could become and remain active is dependant solely on how much of that power was acquired by devouring the divine

April 4, 2023 07:51:30  #197

I think about this a lot and it's something I'm really interested in exploring with Ishmael's time in Anatina. He was fresh off the flower at that point and was doing all sorts of random stuff and I think he's mellowed out considerably in the years since he's settled in

Orphos could do,,,, literally anything if he wanted to, his power is really only defined by the conditions of his deals. Sometimes he just needs to have things "in stock" but more abstract concepts are actually easier for him to execute (like transferring divinity between parties). He also has a conscience so that also hinders him a little bit lol

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

April 4, 2023 09:38:21  #198

orphos voice i can do anything, anything!

April 5, 2023 02:17:43  #199

I always wondered how powerful deities and stuff are in GGaD cause Forengard is kinda just one land place thing and stuff.

Lots of the time I just see them as just immortals with a lot of power. Other times they are described as like what Ash mentioned, like literal doomsday creatures.

The power scaling is kinda goofy and all.

Time

April 5, 2023 08:23:28  #200

in real life the gods are personifications of natural things, such as thunder and lightning, or snow, or death. along with some things like madness(original dionysus), various harvest gods, and war gods(see:half of the norse pantheon). they behave like their thing, the whole hades and persephone myth is a metaphor for the fact that death will sometimes just take your children, and you usually can't do anything about it. also it explains the seasons(spring and summer are when persephone is with demeter, who tells the plants to thrive and whatever, and autumn and winter being when persephone goes back down to visit her husband).

obviously GGaD gods won't work the same, because they are characters more than they are natural forces and for some reason like half the pantheon used to be mortal people who were absolutely more characters than natural forces.

April 5, 2023 16:07:42  #201

i should name ash's home pantheon at some point because it could cause confusion should it ever come up

April 6, 2023 02:38:26  #202

That would be funny

I guess what limits my idea of power in GGaD is that once again, there is mentioning of deites having world ending powers yet Forengard is a single world (with weird mystical mostly unexplained sect divisions). Which has me think oftentimes "how has Forengard not been instantly incinerated yet?"

Time

April 6, 2023 10:18:19  #203

well i mean thor was strong enough to fish up the world serpent, so he's strong enough to end the world; but he doesn't utilize that kind of power at any point because he doesn't have to. dionysus could sink greece into an era of madness and alcohol, but he doesn't because he doesn't want or need to.

gods can be capable of ending the world, but they either shouldn't want to or other gods stop them (like the big snake in egypt that tries to eat ra every night getting stopped by the night goddesses protecting the boat summoning another giant snake)

April 6, 2023 10:19:21  #204

essentially the reason why forengard is still existing is because the gods either go "nah my stuff is there" or get stopped from breaking it by the other gods

April 9, 2023 21:13:40  #205

acutally. the more i think about it, most, if not all the native gods, are mortal-born. this could imply that they simply aren't to scale as real world gods. they are grand yes, but it could be that the closest thing to the mythologised gods of our past is the flower, which would bring some great world building

April 9, 2023 21:18:04  #206

like there are gods, granted that immortality and power by the course of the divine flowers. could it be that they're actually closer to fungi, and the flowers are merely the reproductive organ of a grand root system stretching through all of forengard? are the gods ascended through this method effected at all by the flower beyond the gifts? could it be that the flowers use the gods to spread their pollen until the divine begin to crumble? could it simply be that the gods are a natural part of the world, and their existence alone helps maintain an ecosystem of some kind, the one where the flowers thrive best?

April 9, 2023 21:22:37  #207

not to speak of how they began to grow, did the flowers evolve naturally? are they the remains of the original, truest, god of forengard? are they the result of some long last magic cast by the first master of magic? could they be the last god of an old pantheon, who's domain was simply ascension?

there are so many possibilities, but i don't think we should ever answer the question wholly. some things are better as a mystery, even to the ones that write its story.

April 9, 2023 21:27:07  #208

the fact that they're flowers specifically also raises some questions to the societies of forengard. has anybody ever tried to create a garden of them? how are they regarded by the ones aware of them? do fiction writers in-universe use them as a plot device in their works? would the modern and future sects tend towards greener infrastructure, simply because robbing, potentially the constructors themselves, somebody of divinity is wholly immoral by societal standards? has anybody tried to study them?

April 11, 2023 15:57:10  #209

i think ash should be cold blooded. simply because imagine seeing one of the eldest gods of your world nestled around a heatlamp. think about it.

April 11, 2023 19:58:40  #210

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

the fact that they're flowers specifically also raises some questions to the societies of forengard. has anybody ever tried to create a garden of them? how are they regarded by the ones aware of them? do fiction writers in-universe use them as a plot device in their works? would the modern and future sects tend towards greener infrastructure, simply because robbing, potentially the constructors themselves, somebody of divinity is wholly immoral by societal standards? has anybody tried to study them?

I'm kinda responding to your thread of posts on flowers as a whole, and wow you are raising some really good questions.

I thought that when it comes to these flowers, trying to create a garden or something of the sort of them is basically impossible. I've seen that they kinda just appear for almost no reason (or for a reason not explained) and they're extremely sensitive or reactive.

Time

Board footera