HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2023 08:58:20  #151

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

Ridley wasn't born a god of death. He carved the title out by literally slaughtering thousands of planets' worth of people.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

March 6, 2023 11:37:46  #152

fun idea for a trio of beings:

a divine of Devouring, with the other two domains being Darkness and Fire.(Technically dust could fulfill this role.)
a deity of Corruption, with the subdomains being Light and Cold.
a god of Flowing, with dominion of Water and Wind.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

March 6, 2023 11:54:13  #153

Devouring, fully erasing another into oneself, ruining and hiding the remains in Flame and Shade.
Corruption, Influence. Both remaining stagnant, like a beast pausing to consume prey or ice freezing in place, and rocketing around like a streak of light or sprinting winds. In both, those around are influenced, corrupted, by the being's presence; being chilled and frozen in stagnation and seared and scorching in brutal motion.
Flowing, never remaining still, always on the move and never breaking for a pause. never giving themself the time to Influence others much longer than a handful of moments. like Wind, only influencing one by brushing against them in movement, or water in motion, only staining those that touch it for some moments.

March 6, 2023 11:57:02  #154

Which makes the connecting theme between the three being Influence. Devouring permanently subject one to its scarring nature, Corruption lasting for some time, but always fading while away from its presence, and Flowing only staining so long as you remain within, maybe a few moments more.

March 7, 2023 18:58:19  #155

so i had an idea for what dust might look like to hide itself(perhaps to be handily available to kill off a few of the combatants in the flower thing), and this seems like it'd probably be convincing enough for dust to settle on it https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D509034005/

also if you were interested in seeing what i made snake dust look like, i apparently had a second heroforge of that https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D508907787/

March 8, 2023 01:00:32  #156

Fun Fact! Dust's entire body, if forced into flesh or something else not made of darkness, it would be absolutely horrific to look at.

Specifically its face, because of what happened to it after consuming the souls of a handful of divine. i'd explain further but i feel like this probably requires, or at least should have, a spoiler over it and i don't know how to do that

March 8, 2023 07:20:33  #157

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

Fun Fact! Dust's entire body, if forced into flesh or something else not made of darkness, it would be absolutely horrific to look at.

Specifically its face, because of what happened to it after consuming the souls of a handful of divine. i'd explain further but i feel like this probably requires, or at least should have, a spoiler over it and i don't know how to do that

To do spoilers, put (spoiler) in front of the text but instead of the parentheses put [] and then at the end put that again but with a / in front of the spoiler word part

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 8, 2023 09:39:11  #158

that reminds me of the fact that bill cipher's yellow pyramid form is his exoskeleton and that he takes it off to eat

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 8, 2023 10:41:54  #159

Echo wrote:

To do spoilers, put (spoiler) in front of the text but instead of the parentheses put and then at the end put that again but with a / in front of the spoiler word part

cool thanks

March 8, 2023 10:43:24  #160

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

that reminds me of the fact that bill cipher's yellow pyramid form is his exoskeleton and that he takes it off to eat

eh, i guess it's kinda the same? with dust it's moreso that the details are lost because it is made of darkness and you cannot see that no matter how much light you put in its face.

March 8, 2023 12:28:10  #161

anyways so dust's face right? fucked up in so many ways, if you don't like bad things on faces being described don't click the spoiler. the sole exception is that none of it looks old or rotting!

Dust's face is barely held together, its mouth is burned so thoroughly that there's hardly flesh left. There's like two strands of its face left to keep its jaw from going slack. where most beings have eyes or noses, dust looks like somebody's taken a spoon and tried to carve it into a bowling ball. if it is made in flesh, it always looks raw and red. as though it just happened. beyond that, there are deep lacerations, welling with its black and vile ichor. All of it looks fresh, despite happening like. years ago at this point.

March 8, 2023 14:34:39  #162

i need something to do here. is the flower quest plot far enough i can manifest dust.

March 8, 2023 14:35:44  #163

weren't plans for doing deity meeting happening? is that still gonna happen. i have two, maybe three, characters i can throw in there

March 9, 2023 02:41:45  #164

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

weren't plans for doing deity meeting happening? is that still gonna happen. i have two, maybe three, characters i can throw in there

I'm meaning to reply to your other posts, but I do think maybe we should just try one of these deity meetings. For fun or something yea

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 10, 2023 22:01:35  #165

if nobody else does a deity meeting in the next week imma do it myself(threat)

March 11, 2023 00:32:06  #166

I would have done it if not for the consideration of us not yet having agreed on who the host would be
If you all are okay with my horrible setting ideas and Galaxian having less of a moderating influence he could host one again (chronology undetermined)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 11, 2023 01:28:32  #167

the thing is that ash would have perfect reason, and space, to host it. there's other options, like the clocktower people probably wanting to help felix.

also, i think the cds and prospero might want to have a meeting at some point soon, considering the fact that the cds are currently failing to help his people as promised and the cds probably want to manage expectations and figure out what the hell they're doing

March 11, 2023 01:30:00  #168

i included the last bit mostly because i don't know what's going on over there beyond that the cds are in control of anatina and dust is a looming shadow over the city

March 13, 2023 20:32:21  #169

just realized i don't need to have my characters contained in one thread at a time. i will become unstoppable once i have an idea for thread

March 14, 2023 22:54:30  #170

it's really weird how crimson keeps calling critchun a bug or weak. like there is 1 chance he has against them and that's if time or chronos tell her to stop kicking the shit out of him. critchun can be stronger and faster than him if it so chose, and given critchun's general toughness and resistance to magic there's 0 realities where he could win before there was some bloodshed. which makes critchun immediately much scarier because he can make you keep bleeding. or make weapons and shields out of the blood's iron. the only reasons he isn't being mauled to death in the current anatina plot thread is because i'm not going to do to that to ishmael's plot and i'm not allowed to kill somebody else's character without permission no matter how incharacter it'd be for my character. and also basic politeness, which is clearly not crimson's strong suit

March 14, 2023 23:02:59  #171

like i understand that it's probably deliberate characterization but like. in the introductory thread for critchun he was 100% on board with adding her to the clocktower residency until it let chronos pet them. and then there was a lever shift and he started calling them 'bug' and being utterly disgusted with its existence at the clocktower

March 14, 2023 23:07:09  #172

and where did bug even come from critchun has only been very large and fluffy. what part of that leads one to think of spiders or dragonflies or roaches or beetles.

March 17, 2023 02:04:18  #173

had the perfect name for a story about how dust ascended to godhood, but i can't think of enough things to justify its grandiose name.

the title idea was Coronation of Shadows if anybody wants to help with ideas

March 18, 2023 14:09:34  #174

so i remembered that the masked ones each had a power associated with their mask(i.e. the the jackal's ability to be convincing or whatever. i think there was a guy who got super buff because of his mask, i think the hyena?) and that dust's. was either ignored completely or just never existed. what if the wolf mask's thing was that it could devour the divine. none of the other masked ones have done that as far as i'm aware, so it could easily be its thing.  or it could be the ability to perfectly mimic the devoured souls

March 19, 2023 02:04:20  #175

ough i am so many thoughts about my elden ring playthrough.

firstly, it's really funny that the weapon i ended up using to slaughter the elden beast and fell almost all of the bosses was the fourth one i acquired and kept. i remember when i was powerstancing scimitars(and then falchions) against margit and godrick, and then came the bloodhound's fang and i never let it out of my hands once i got the stats to one-hand it. i definitely considered a few other weapons, namely the blasphemous blade but decided against it once i noticed that it had arms and moved, but they never made it into any boss fights or really past trying them out.

another consistincy was my tendecy to mark myself a servant of the lord of blood, solely to light my blade ablaze in his bloodflame. and then i killed him, taking lordship over my spells along with the sixth great rune. every other spell i used was taken from the slaughter of dragons, or in praise of the ancient dragons and their immortality. which i also struck out of the sky , by killing all who dain approach and entering the eye of the storm beyond time to bathe my blade in the crackling blood of their dragonlord placidusax. all of the spells i used i gained through combat or gathered lordship over by slaughtering their former masters. hells even the stone of gurranq, which i only used against one boss and then really never again, was given to me by gurranq because i had slew keepers of the deathroot, and bested him in combat. and then i killed a weird time-displaced version of him to burn down the erdtree, and smother the capital in not bathing rays of gold but charring ash of the kiln.

yet another throughline was that basically since i went to caelid to reach the chapel of dragon communion, i had worn the banished knight helm. i changed into better and better gear through my journey, and yet i never parted with that old helm garned from the corpse of an exile. Be it by blade or by the obscured and golden eyes of a dragon that my foes knew me, it mattered little. I delivered each and all their end, bathed in boundless blood and flame.

March 19, 2023 04:37:13  #176

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

so i remembered that the masked ones each had a power associated with their mask(i.e. the the jackal's ability to be convincing or whatever. i think there was a guy who got super buff because of his mask, i think the hyena?)

Their powers are from their deal with Orphos to obtain the masks and aren't from the masks themselves! Their deals are loosely based off of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". Jackal's persuasion cost his eye alongside the original Hyena's voice (I vaguely remember replacing him with an accidentally immortal battle buddy of Ishmael because that made sense to me at the time I guess), and Eagle's ability to sense and read souls came at the cost of the souls of her whole family, and Orphos attached them to the Eagle mask so they can still talk to her and yell at her for doing illegal things. Hyena's strength was a bonus thrown in by Orphos because he felt bad for the guy. 

I think other people's Masked Ones do have powers associated with their masks but it's not necessarily a given if you don't want it to be

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

March 19, 2023 17:03:25  #177

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

ough i am so many thoughts about my elden ring playthrough.

firstly, it's really funny that the weapon i ended up using to slaughter the elden beast and fell almost all of the bosses was the fourth one i acquired and kept. i remember when i was powerstancing scimitars(and then falchions) against margit and godrick, and then came the bloodhound's fang and i never let it out of my hands once i got the stats to one-hand it. i definitely considered a few other weapons, namely the blasphemous blade but decided against it once i noticed that it had arms and moved, but they never made it into any boss fights or really past trying them out.

another consistincy was my tendecy to mark myself a servant of the lord of blood, solely to light my blade ablaze in his bloodflame. and then i killed him, taking lordship over my spells along with the sixth great rune. every other spell i used was taken from the slaughter of dragons, or in praise of the ancient dragons and their immortality. which i also struck out of the sky , by killing all who dain approach and entering the eye of the storm beyond time to bathe my blade in the crackling blood of their dragonlord placidusax. all of the spells i used i gained through combat or gathered lordship over by slaughtering their former masters. hells even the stone of gurranq, which i only used against one boss and then really never again, was given to me by gurranq because i had slew keepers of the deathroot, and bested him in combat. and then i killed a weird time-displaced version of him to burn down the erdtree, and smother the capital in not bathing rays of gold but charring ash of the kiln.

yet another throughline was that basically since i went to caelid to reach the chapel of dragon communion, i had worn the banished knight helm. i changed into better and better gear through my journey, and yet i never parted with that old helm garned from the corpse of an exile. Be it by blade or by the obscured and golden eyes of a dragon that my foes knew me, it mattered little. I delivered each and all their end, bathed in boundless blood and flame.

I see you also wrote lore for your elden ring character

impressive

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 19, 2023 18:02:29  #178

Ishmael wrote:

I think other people's Masked Ones do have powers associated with their masks but it's not necessarily a given if you don't want it to be

i think that the wolf mask being the only one to be able to eat the gods would be really fun. plus it could have nordic mythological connections, given fenrir and the two wolves deigned to devour the sun and moon in ragnarok

March 19, 2023 18:11:52  #179

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

I see you also wrote lore for your elden ring character

impressive

i didn't even really write any lore, that's just genuinely what i did in the game.  i extrapolated a few meanings behind actions, but that's about it.

March 20, 2023 01:29:43  #180

i think it'd be really funny if somebody accidentally hit critchun with a big powerful spell and it basically did nothing. the immune beast.

Board footera