HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2023 01:06:23  #121

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

also for the other stuff, i didn't figure anything would change i was mostly just stating a personal gripe with the wording(which exists largely because of how vague domain is as word.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

February 12, 2023 22:59:33  #122

i should use dust as a vessel for visceral body horror more

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

February 13, 2023 10:27:33  #123

so dust opposes killing without necessity. but what does it consider necessity?

February 13, 2023 10:30:32  #124

obviously killing for food, and for safety but what else. does it see soldiers and warriors as terrible sinners? and assassins as cowardly liars?

February 13, 2023 10:38:11  #125

i think dust doesn't like assassins because they're cowardly and weak, only netting kills with poisons and other things that usually don't involve giving their target a chance. however it's fine with soldiers, warriors, and most sellswords. they're being made to fight either for country or for pay, but usually once they get to the fightin it's life or death

February 13, 2023 10:43:20  #126

however mercenaries that get hired to beat up random people for a monetary debt receive dust's scorn.

February 14, 2023 10:25:18  #127

y'know i just realized that i never mentioned it in ash's form, but he looks decayed as a months old corpse. but also what else would you expect a god of all the things that come After to look like? a supermodel?

February 14, 2023 10:29:44  #128

truthfully ash should be a dead god to completely encompass the concept, but he has control over their own after, and thus choose to return.

February 14, 2023 10:35:19  #129

while he looks rotten, i doubt that he's actually rotting because that would suck for keeping things clean and smelling at least decent. they just look like that

February 15, 2023 18:55:10  #130

while dust usually looks like an edgy version of ash's warrior form, that is not its favorite form to take. no, that honour belongs to something far more original than that mockery. A form far more chitinous.

February 18, 2023 22:53:40  #131

ash, as he is now, is severely diminished from his original power; back when he was a titan that towered over stars and devoured planets. not only has he lost portions of it in each rebirth, hence why the conqueror and warrior forms are smaller than their predecers, but also dust devoured most of it when it consumed his soul. the only reason ash didn't die forever was because he knew that dust wouldn't spare any amount of power in him, so they stored it in various other things. like his sacred forest, or skeletons.

February 18, 2023 23:07:13  #132

also if dust was either forced or willing became his shadow again, ash would be returned back to near full power(because it's been eating gods, and is a lot better at maintaining power between deaths because it isn't truly dying). which might spell the end of forengard like it did with his homeplanet since an overflow of rot wouldn't have room for new life to take the place of the old. and even if it did everybody already here would die unless they manage to escape

February 19, 2023 21:37:40  #133

remembered the fact that samuel was a thing. considering remaking him, but the problem is that he sucks.

February 21, 2023 12:16:42  #134

y'know since i've been more recently defining ash as a god of after instead of rot or entropy, this could define ash as a god of the night. which would give credence to reasons why ash is so much akin to gargoyles or bats(besides that i thought it'd look cool). but i'm not gonna do that because ash is specifically a god of after endings, not night. could make a fun au version of ash though

February 22, 2023 01:03:37  #135

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

remembered the fact that samuel was a thing. considering remaking him, but the problem is that he sucks.

Yeah I was kinda thinking about this guy. Does he suck because he is just a product of being a character of the past with no revamps?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 22, 2023 12:31:30  #136

yes. he was poorly written because i could not write him, and i doubt i still could write him as originally intended. honestly the "considering remaking him" is more "i'm considering making a child of ash" but this time more fitting. since really all samuel inherited was two physical traits and skill at magic.

also with further thought since that message, i can't think of a reason ash would make a spawn. like he's tired, he doesn't care. the closest thing to a spawn they'd likely create is a construct. like dust. would probably be a skeleton that he was testing how much life could be instilled into before it exploded or something, and then it just. didn't and now wants ash to teach it how to swords fight

February 22, 2023 12:52:40  #137

don't ask but this song is dust vibes. https://youtu.be/0VyJPyIbl1k

February 24, 2023 20:07:58  #138

here's a fun idea for an au version of dust:

It could, instead of acting as a threat, it acted as an ambassador from the denizens of shadow hell. because there are people in there, and despite the fact that they really don't like the people born in the light, they're also scared that they'll find a way to restring them.

February 25, 2023 20:13:24  #139

okay so that song(this one https://youtu.be/vqe2WMZYYvQ) i shared earlier has some Dust vibes

"At first I felt fine,  before I realized; In your eyes I'm a demon, right?"

Dust is almost cartoonishly demonic in appearance, and that only gets worse when it twists and distorts itself. But the thing is, that's not Dust's shape. That's the shape of Ash's Warrior form, which was widely considered divine.

"Now, I could never dream of doing anything; In such a way you did to me."

Dust's origins are that it was crafted as a weapon to be used by Ash, only enough thought and will to be commanded.

"Give me a taste of sovereignty, A lantern in the night. Get me away from history, From the cycle's bitter light"

Dust doesn't care to be involved in the history of forengard, but it knows that by taking 'a taste of sovereignty'(consuming Ash's soul) it would be hunted down and driven away until either it or the hunter died; so it has been forced to change "the cycle's bitter light" so that it was no longer threatened.
And then there's the chorus! That matches so well with Dust!
"Now do you hate me? Are you afraid of me? Are you able to feel culpability? Come forth and kill me. Bow down and worship me. Take your time, all we have is eternity. Now with a new start, broken and torn apart, nothing in me resembles a human heart."

While that's not the full chorus, it's missing the last verse, that's a significant amount I claim to match Dust. With the first verse, "Now do you hate me? Are you afraid of me? Are you able to feel culpability?", that is what Dust wants Ash to feel about it. It wants him to hate and fear it, it wants them to feel culpable when it slaughters hundreds if not thousands, because it is almost entirely His Fault. He taught it only to perform violence, He showed it only disgust, hate, and bloodshed. Dust is acting only as Ash had commanded it to do throughout so many ages. Dust wants the Lord of After to hate and fear what he allowed to occur because of his inaction.

"Come forth and kill me. Bow down and worship me. Take your time, all we have is eternity." Dust lets itself to be hunted like some forest monster, because it knows that nobody, not Ark not Ash no-one, will kill it for good. It can die, and it won't stay that way. It will let those that desire its death to "take [their] time", because "all we have is eternity". And the middle sentence is just it wanting those that dare oppose it to understand its might so thoroughly that they know their only choices are to die or "Bow down and worship me."

"I'll put your fear in my drink tonight, tonight I'm chewing up and spitting out your pride."

Eh, this one's simple. Same as all of the above, Dust wants to feared and reviled by those graced in the light. And it wants to shatter them, corrode their pride.

I don't have enough thoughts to say everything else I have about connecting this song to dust, but please listen to it there are so many dust vibes

February 25, 2023 20:18:24  #140

i forgot about the verse "Now with a new start, broken and torn apart, nothing in me resembles a human heart."

That is how Dust started its journey as a divine, with a new start, and broken and torn apart. And Dust is so foreign to Forengard, that nothing in it resembles what is born of its earth.

March 1, 2023 12:00:49  #141

hey guess what.

i made a critchun appearance in heroforge. https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D508880882/

March 2, 2023 13:09:38  #142

i got a little silly with dust's design https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D507552298/

March 2, 2023 15:57:23  #143

just realized that what i just did to that dust model means none of you get to see snake dust. oh well

March 4, 2023 14:42:31  #144

if i had a nickel for every time dust found a child made of shadows and decided that "this is mine now" i'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice

March 4, 2023 19:42:33  #145

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

hey guess what.

i made a critchun appearance in heroforge. https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D508880882/

Ahhh a Furry

Does Critchun normally default this bipedal appearance btw?

Time

March 4, 2023 23:29:55  #146

no but they like to fit in sometimes. usually critchun will basically be a big dog

hey wait i can also make that in heroforge brb

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (March 4, 2023 23:30:35)

March 4, 2023 23:54:42  #147

March 5, 2023 00:56:10  #148

AHHH GAHK AHHHAHH-

What da dog doin?

Time

March 5, 2023 23:57:38  #149

I don't need to be talking about characters i have, this is a thread for me to simply ramble about things.

Anyways, Ridley; the Cunning God of Death. From Metroid.

Genuinely I just love everything about him. His design perfectly encapsulates his brutality, emphasizing how much dread chains those that see him. He is thin as bone, but that does not stop him from being larger than almost everything in Metroid that isn't functionally a wall for Samus to shoot at. He doesn't carry any weapons, his claws and sharpened tail do the work more than well enough. The only thing stopping him from being stained in blood is that fact that his series belongs to Nintendo.

His appearance betrays his personality, leading one to think him a mere beast. But he is worse than some beast with power, he can think; and he chooses the path to slaughter everything that doesn't enable him to brutalize a greater or more personal amount of people. Ridley is cruel, more so than any simple beast could manage and more than most humans can. He's probably only worse than dolphins because they're at least nice to others sometimes and can't go on land. And the best part? He doesn't have any greater plan. The fun he has with his kills is more than enough to satisfy

March 6, 2023 02:40:52  #150

I didn't know that Ridley was a god of death... but after reading that I feel I would definitely be interested in seeing how brutal he could get.

Time

Board footera