GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2023 17:57:08  #331

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

also would it make more sense for forengard to still use the scary-looking carved turnips that the original irish version did(the tradition was originally to scare off evil spirits) or if they did the switch to pumpkins(done out of convenience to carve, once it found its way to america)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

October 30, 2023 20:09:39  #332

There have been threads conveniently done around halloween, ie spooky parties, but I do not believe it has been explicitly stated

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 31, 2023 12:29:15  #333

anyways would a thread for only people living in the clocktower go in private or public

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

November 11, 2023 13:19:29  #334

hm. considering some things. i don't think i need to play dust more often since it's already got its fingers in some pies. and the devout is likely about to have their own thing to do either in anatina or trying to get ishmael back.

i should figure out something for critchun and ash to do. maybe i'll start ash's retirement arc. i do think he would leave an heir, basically just his favorite follower whom he'd part some divine power into, and i do have an oc that would work within that idea but i need to develop her more in the brain soup.

i have no ideas for critchun besides maybe having her start trying to make his pack again. but i dunno if they'd want a new pack when it's already with the clocktower.

November 11, 2023 13:21:23  #335

and also figure out how ash is worshipped. so i can do that heir thing.

November 12, 2023 00:15:34  #336

so i think that most forms of worshipping ash are in temporary things. ashes scattered in a prayer, a bit of blood loosed unto the earth, etc. things that you can't maintain forever, since ash is all about that cyclic theming. there's definitely permanent shrines, but they still need to be cleansed every now and again; since you need to burn away the rot every now and again, to keep the site healthy to be around. and they're still probably not permanent, just long lasting.

temples probably aren't purpose made, and arise from sites of burial or widespread death. like battlefields left decimated, or burial grounds.

some of ash's followers are temporary, just people praying for their lost ones to rest easy, or necromancers asking for guidance. i can't think of words to describe the ones that devoutly follow ash.

November 12, 2023 13:10:33  #337

not gonna clutter ishmael's thread with something that's probably just for the devout, but i imagine that she would have a very specific ideology that would probably be at least slightly controversal with the rest of ishmael's following

specifically, i think that she believes that the flame is almost as important as the forest. sometimes you need to burn sections of the forest, for the rest of it to remain safe. sometimes you need to burn down ancient trees, because they are rotting from the inside and endanger their surroundings.

not to say that she basically only does that metaphorical, and sometimes literal, controlled burning, because there still needs to be a forest you're trying to protect. hence why they're a healer, since it would not do for young trees to fall before they get to grow old and large. she'd also still heal old people, since that's not quite what the ancient rotting tree metaphor is about.

removing the metaphor, the devout basically believes that sometimes you have to violate the hippocratic oath to get shit done. sometimes the easiest way to end suffering is to kill the one inflicting it. which yes means that she hates the current anatina politicians but mother says that it needs them for now. the devout has probably at least threatened to burn a noble with her hand though.

November 12, 2023 13:16:54  #338

btw i should note that the devout doesn't approve of the concept of war, instead doing her metaphorical controlled burnings in the style of passing judgement, in which she is the judge and executioner.

November 12, 2023 13:42:31  #339

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

anyways would a thread for only people living in the clocktower go in private or public

This is so freaking late

But I'd say while normally it's private, I feel nearly everybody now has a character that is welcomed into the clocktower so it can be public as long as people with negative relations don't keep showing up out of the blue and trying to trash the place.

Oh, but if you want CLOCKTOWER EXCLUSIVE characters, yeah that'd be private

Last edited by Time (November 12, 2023 13:43:18)

Time

November 14, 2023 23:50:20  #340

considering filling a species form for the kinoc from my worldbuilding. i have no plans to introduce a kinoc character but it could be fun to do that

November 15, 2023 03:37:13  #341

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

not gonna clutter ishmael's thread with something that's probably just for the devout, but i imagine that she would have a very specific ideology that would probably be at least slightly controversal with the rest of ishmael's following...

So when I first made Ishmael I had a very simplistic view of his (and I guess by extension my own) ideals when it came to conflict resolution. I think he'd have a more nuanced take about things at this point. Shortly before he died he was coming to the realization that sometimes the path to peace is laid with violence-- honestly that's like half the reason he got killed lmao-- but Anatina experienced a much younger Ish where he basically wrestled the region into a ceasefire by divine will without actually addressing the root of the conflict in the first place, so I imagine his followers in that region would be particularly averse to conflict. 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Bones are creaky, knees weak, voice is squeaky

November 15, 2023 11:50:35  #342

so like. it'd primarily be anatina followers that would disagree with it?

November 16, 2023 01:11:28  #343

Yeha

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

November 16, 2023 11:44:02  #344

feels like there's gonna be an ishmael flavoured schism somewhere around anatina in a couple hundred years

November 16, 2023 19:53:53  #345

Honestly yeah, there's probably seeds of it happening already

On the topic of the Devout, were you planning on making a thread or was that on me

Call me Ishmael.

November 17, 2023 01:20:12  #346

for anatina or the one mentioned before i started talking about devout stuff? i was not planning on making one for anatina but that's like 70% because i stop being able to words when i try to ask about stuff and 25% because sickness brainfog has only recently started untaking me and 5% because i don't have a particular idea on what i'd do to start it.

and if you meant the one i've been thinking about starting for the clocktower i am at a complete lack of ideas of what to begin to do

November 18, 2023 23:00:17  #347

okay so actually i have a really simple and obvious thread idea. what if like. the devout didn't care about the schedule prosperio set for her visiting the broken ishmael devotion grove. and then like gevar or the general guy showed up to stop the guards from getting themselves killed by not respecting the devout's space

November 18, 2023 23:50:35  #348

That works for me!

Call me Ishmael.

December 24, 2023 21:42:39  #349

been thinking about the frenzied flame from elden ring.

specifically, about shabriri, and hyetta, and the three fingers. we know from the face of his woe, that shabriri has lived before, at least once, as he was the most reviled man in history; and had his eyes gouged for his festered resent, before the yellow flame of chaos returned something of sight to him, and the demon lived forever. and hyetta, a spirit who possesses the bodies of slain innocent women, who has never had great sight; blinded to the truth of her distant light, and to the truth of her goal.

and the three fingers, the tired god, sealed far below the seat of order's thrones. a charred and starved thing, that ancient curse.

and i think, have they all done this before? have they done the same two acts of this play, over and over and over again? did they guide vyke, until he remembered the lines, and forsook the yellow flame? how long have they acted through this play? waiting for us, one who does not know the script, to finally start the final act; to seal the fate of the world, to bring all things into no things, into one thing?

with how tired this play must have become, it is no wonder that the sole spell marked with shabriri's name is his howl, maddening himself and others in the same song that he's played at for centuries, drawing nothing but ire by those of sound mind.

has hyetta ever found the crypt containing the three fingers before the player intervened? has she ever learned the truth of the "grapes" she consumes to gleam the distant light, before we tell her? do the three fingers tremble with age, or with regret? tired of this forlorn charade, continued almost solely by the one who first brought their chaos to the world?

of those we find consumed by the frenzied, we find tragedies, those consumed by the disease, and those who brings its yellow flame into their eyes from sheer hopelessness. we find the leyndell soldiers, stranded at the enemy's burning doorstep, scrounging their brothers' corpses to feed their starving mouths. we find plague rats, who have consumed the acursed thoughts of tainted minds. we find villages consumed by its disease and its claim. we find hopeless, bestial trolls, who turned traitor against their larger kin and had the traces of their god physically cut out of them, and turned into slaves by the golden order.

but we also find vyke, who resisted the draw of the flame of frenzy, because he never lost hope; instead the frenzied flame was his last hope, to save his maiden. but she died anyways, and chaos did nothing to help him save her. it is clear by simply knowing how the fingers spread their word, by searing it into flesh; but he did not fall to their grasp, not wholly, for it was his armour, not his flesh, that had been claimed by the glowing words of chaos. and that is why he never became the frenzied lord, because he was never of the hopeless.

December 26, 2023 16:02:37  #350

Idk elden ring lore and characters very well but I just wanna say it sounds grand, in a way. Something about a looping play? Never to end?

Time

December 26, 2023 23:58:28  #351

yeah this is all speculation on my part though, it's not even confirmed in canon if hyetta has done this before. or if shabriri has lived through several lives, besides the first. there's no dialogue with the three fingers, and they're real for only one cutscene anyway.

the only truly canon things are that hyetta probably possessed irena's corpse after her death, hyetta has bad eyesight, didn't know that shabriri grapes were eyes until we tell her, and then died after interpreting the words of the three fingers. and shabriri was once the most reviled man in history, had his eyes gouged for slander, had the frenzied flame refill them, and then possessed yura's dead body to sell chaos to you.  and that the three fingers are an ancient god, which tremble and struggle to mark you with the flame of frenzy.

January 5, 2024 01:56:59  #352

i am having a thought about dust and i don't know if it's good but if i don't put it somewhere i will vibrate into a fine mist.

dust is the bloodstain from a murder that never happened, a memory from a time that isn't quite real. it is always stated in dust's past that it was a weapon from a time where such weapons were the common tool of divine, but there is never anything connecting it to the world it's landed in. dust is the dripping knife from the crime of something distant. it is its own story and its beginnings and ends stop and start at the spilling blood.

Do you understand. Do I understand.

January 6, 2024 00:54:43  #353

This sounds like something from a mythos

therefore while I do not understand fully, I heavily approve of this thought.

Time

January 6, 2024 22:27:12  #354

pretty sure that's because i was tired and dramatic. basically all that says is that dust is a story unto itself, able to appear in any world and become present really easily with only the amount of retconning one would require for any other suddenly real ancient superweapon

January 11, 2024 23:56:33  #355

i just realized that most of the magic masks will start to eat their wearer's soul if unsated right. and dust's blood is its power right. which is the closest one will get to a dust soul. which means that by achieving godhood dust screwed itself over because now its mask is biting into it, and causing its blood to pour

January 19, 2024 18:16:14  #356

y'know since the devout is pretty good at eating poisons and not dying that probably means that she takes a lot to get drunk. since alcohols are a poison

January 24, 2024 21:16:51  #357

i was gonna say something about adding a character. and read on my way scrolling down that i had made plans for a retirement arc for ash. i should really figure out how i want to do that and also make the follower. probably gonna name her moria. but i should probably establish her as a character before i set the arc into fullswing. actually having a lot thoughts i might make the form tonight

January 24, 2024 23:53:22  #358

Yeah honestly def get as much work as you can. Done when you feel motivated

Time

January 27, 2024 11:16:34  #359

a few loose notes on moria: on formal occasions she'll do up her hair into a bun with a blue-silver chain. her hair is actually white, but she keeps it dyed blue. she owns a dark blue cloak for when she wants to be mysterious/warm. her magic aesthetically manifests as a mist, the same shade of blue as her hair.

also, a few things on the gravediggers and keepers. notably that both can become graven, and often will after a couple of decades of service to ash. there is a difference between the graven states of each caste, with gravediggers having a shortened natural life(usually by like. 20-30 years) in return for greater magical power and physical strength. gravekeepers on the other hand are tasked rememberers of the dead, and will live unnaturally long lives(increased by like 50 years), at the cost of degrading bodies(think like how the body will consume itself when starved).

gravediggers are something of a warrior caste in the religion, but more often than not their increased strength and magical abilities are used to. dig graves. and also keep those desperate enough to rob the dead from doing so. gravekeepers mummify, cremate, and otherwise prepare the dead for their rest. gravekeepers also maintain crypts, graveyards, and other burial sites

in other words, diggers prepare sites for burial and keep intruders out, and keepers prepare bodies for burial and keep the buried well-tended to.

January 28, 2024 00:15:17  #360

ash's mortuary cults probably often regard carrion beasts(creatures that feed on the already dead, like vultures) as holy beasts, though disconnected from the worship of ash.  they're holy due to their role of keeping the dead from plaguing the living, by consuming and destroying diseases left in the sick post mortem. also by ensuring that any dead unfortunate enough left dumped and forgotten are not without the rites of passing, and their death was not without ceremony.

Board footera