HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2023 12:32:23  #31

Re: [intro] In a random Medeival sect. city, there is a shade

(I love how you have a misgender counter, that's funny)

Crimson looked at the Darkest Devout and was close to pulling it down to the earth, but kept his hands to himself.  "I could burn this world to ashes if I had the power to.  But I'm not one to go to extremes like this.  However, I do wish to get some information of understanding." He pointed at Gevar.  "What exactly are you?  I've never seen your magic type before.  I don't feel any true flame and yet you burn even the shingles off." he then turned to face the Darkest Devout.  "And your flames, they aren't either cursed or hexed are they?  What kind of fire do you wield?  I would very much like to try to use it myself."

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 23, 2023 00:32:29  #32

Gevar let out a laugh, an odd, harsh sound. Her voice sounded different, much like a crow or a parrot imitating speech. "I am a Stymphalian bird. I'm not surprised that you have not heard of us before. My kind was driven to near extinction by mortals who feared what they could not control." 

She decided to let the 'true flame' comment alone. She absolutely could demonstrate her abilities, but she had a feeling Crimson would not look at it favorably and, truth be told, she didn't really feel like having to explain a burnt village to Prospero when she came back to Anatina. 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 23, 2023 01:16:36  #33

"My flames burn in the might of my Liege-Lord, and you could not begin to dare the transgression without its approval." Despite DD's face being completely masked beneath darkness and an actual mask, Crimson can feel the disgust and contempt on her face. "And anybody could burn the world to ash if they had the power to, that's how such a thing works. I doubt you could intimidate a mouse with how poor you're displaying yourself to be."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 23, 2023 09:37:40  #34

Crimson sighed and looked around the best he could.  Not with aura, but with his eyes.  He could barely make out the figures stand (and flying) before him.  He reached into his jacket and took out the cooked meat from earlier, now cold, and set it down.  "I had prepared a gift for one of you, but it's more or less useless now that there are more than one.  You can all fight over it if you so wish.  I may be from another world, but at least I know something is the same here.  And whatever the heck a Leige-Lord is, sounds really stupid to be honest.  I mean, those two words don't even work well together.  It's like saying you're a king-knight.  Two titles like that vastly tell me that either you're an idiot because you can't make your own choices, or you're a respected person.  Either way, I'm still rather curious about you all." 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 24, 2023 01:41:23  #35

Gevar stared at the meat for a long minute before she looked at Crimson incredulously. "Does this usually work out for you?"

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 24, 2023 05:21:34  #36

"Do you truly know nothing of titles, flame? Even for one foreign to our realms, it should be easy to guess the meaning from the definition of the words seperate." The Darkest Devout doesn't bother to pretend a desire for the meat, they don't trust Crimson at all.

(in case you actually don't know, a liege-lord is literally the lord you serve under. leige is only present in the title to mark a relation between the lord and the servant)

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 27, 2023 11:19:01  #37

(I usually always see people just use liege, not liege-lord.  It always sounds odd to me.) 

Crimson shook his head.  "We don't really use titles in Arithnia.  Too much of a hassle to remember and it feels rather odd sometimes to be calling everyone "Duke" or all that nonsense.  Hell most of my people just call me Crimson.  Though my official title would be Kyng, no one really uses it.  And fine by me.  I'm not used to hearing it myself." Crimson took out a kunai and cut a sliver of meat off and popped it in his mouth.  "Let me guess, really odd and cheerful guy coming upon you all and you're suspicious and don't trust me one bit?  Don't worry I'm not one to bite...realistically speaking at least.  And I didn't lace the meat with anything.  If anything I might have over cooked it a tad bit...I'm not exactly a chef." Crimson wiped his kunai on his pants and put it away and sat down.  "Sooooooooooo, I guess we can't be friends?  Or you can't tell me what all the damn commotion is about?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 28, 2023 06:07:34  #38

Gevar stayed silent but shot the Darkest Devout a questioning look. She wasn't sure what all the commotion was about, either.

Call me Ishmael.

January 28, 2023 13:17:30  #39

The Darkest Devout laughs when Crimson calls himself cheerful. It sounds like cracking bones. "There was no commotion until  you appeared, and intruded upon our conversation. Not to mention the fact that you insulted us and tried to pry into matters that could not be less of your concern. You are no friend of mine, and I doubt that will change." She still doesn't descend, hovering above the Kyng like a flaming angel of retribution.

January 29, 2023 12:15:49  #40

"Well all things considered..." Crimson scoots over and cuts off another piece of meat and pops it in his mouth and grins at the Darkest Devout.  "You're still here, and still talking to me, so I would personally say that's a mission complete and were friends." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 30, 2023 02:02:13  #41

"Your bar for friendship is quite low," Gevar noted, looking openly confused. It was a wonder this guy was still alive if this was how he approached things. 

Call me Ishmael.

January 30, 2023 11:09:51  #42

"The same to you if you have this joker going around." he said and pointed at the Darkest Devout.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 30, 2023 12:04:41  #43

The Darkest Devout scoffs at Crimson. "You intruded, I won't bend knee to a wretch. You will leave before I do."

January 30, 2023 17:49:57  #44

Crimson felt a shiver run up his spine and stood up and faced the Darkest Devout.  "What did you just call me?" he said softly and looked at them.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 31, 2023 02:11:34  #45

Now it was Gevar's turn to step back and give the two some space. Her talons dug into the shingles, ready to launch herself to attack or get out of Dodge. She could go for either one right now. She didn't particularly care to assist either one of them, and something told her they could both do plenty of damage on their own.

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 11:39:13  #46

"I called you wretch. Do you need a lesson on what that, too, means?" Strange how every time Crimson's appeared where one of my characters are, a fight's been at least threatened. Anyways, DD isn't exactly one to fight, so she mostly looks ready to dodge an attack from Crimson.

February 1, 2023 00:14:54  #47

Crimson eyes glow a dull gold, a sign of the Emperor taking influence.  A tale of caution to most in Arithnia to back off or intense focus.  "It doesn't matter what timeline or form you take.  I would highly advise you to take great care in the words you choose to speak dearest Devout of the Dark.  We are not children among the grass, but gods above this world.  We all hold great power and magic, but we do not let it run rampart.  As a...acquaintance, do not fight or let yourself be fought.  This world does not need to be burned."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 1, 2023 01:15:39  #48

"I'm no dear of your's, cowardly royal. And I don't take advice from those who can't tell above from below." The Darkest Devout is swallowed into the shades covering her form, and disappears. Just a moment later, it appears behind Crimson, on the lip of the roof. "I believe you've long overstayed the welcome of your intrusion, and I'm sure you know how to leave. There's hardly a wrong direction to walk."

February 1, 2023 03:44:20  #49

Gevar surreptitiously hopped to a nearby roof. She was genuinely curious about the outcome of this but not so much that she wanted to be at ground zero. Normally she would be all for a fight, but the quick switch of offering food to weird threats was a little off-putting.

Call me Ishmael.

February 1, 2023 11:20:51  #50

Crimson remained unfazed at DD's words.  "You're the Darkest Devout.  DD as some call you.  I assume you and Gevar here are on neutral ground.  Why can't you and I be on the same terms?  I have done nothing but show interest and help if needed.  Have I truly posed a threat to you?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 1, 2023 12:17:17  #51

"Congratulations on knowing my title, only half the continent knows. And to answer your last question, you have posed as much a threat as any slaver." Despite the Darkest Devout's words being said in the same tone, and to Crimson the same voice, as the Kyng, the contempt is clear.

February 1, 2023 22:52:57  #52

"Slaver?  You truly think of me as such a thing?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 2, 2023 00:01:15  #53

Gevar watched them from her new perch, her head swiveling towards whoever was speaking like it was some kind of verbal ping pong match. She had cooled down somewhat and was no longer charring the shingles beneath her.

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 09:01:31  #54

The Darkest Devout does not answer Crimson. She doesn't care enough. The gray flame wings manifest again, and it begins to fly over to Gevar; assumably to try an' salvage their conversation.

February 2, 2023 14:52:35  #55

Crimson watches the flames and watches it carefully.  Mimicing the flames she produced.  "Certainly your flames are odd.  I can almost certain I could extract them off your body.  But I assume you like them, therefore I took a liberty into taking a small sample." he called out to her and produced a arc of grey flames like her wings.  "Cursed wings?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 2, 2023 15:15:21  #56

Gevar looked up at DD. It wasn’t really possible for her to smile in her bird form, but she was certainly amused by all the grandstanding these two were doing. 

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 17:29:47  #57

The Devout does not respond to Crimson, and he can feel that what he took is not the same flame they carry. It burns yes, but not like the fire of darkness. She lands next to Gevar, and the wings disperse. "Terribly sorry, but do you recall what we were discussing before that interruption?"

February 2, 2023 23:42:58  #58

"You were saying that it was unlike me to visit cities," Gevar reminded her. "And I would tend to agree. But I have found mortals interesting to watch as of late. They're like ants, but with free will. Most of them cannot fly, so they make homes where they stand and then kill each other."

Call me Ishmael.

February 3, 2023 09:55:01  #59

"Isn't that the wonderful thing about humanity?  The cold blood and odd bonds they have for and with one another."  Crimson made no movement, but watched the two.  "You gods and goddesses and many deities truly have no self-awarement of such acts do you?"  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 3, 2023 14:03:31  #60

"I suppose you would not be accustomed to homes bound to the ground, given your.." The Darkest Devout doesn't feel a need to elaborate with words, instead simply gesturing at Gevar's wings. "Although it is far less common for them to kill each other than you make it out to be."

Board footera