HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2022 22:52:19  #1

[PLOT - Domain of Flowers] - 0: In a Land Overlooked by the Pantheon..

In an arid land of plateaus strands a long line of mortals, moving silently, save for the occasional animal cry or clinking of equipment.

Where were they heading? There was no name for the location they were heading.; an unnamed mark on Forengard.

Why were they traveling? Mortals all around had received a message, whether it be by word, vision, dream, or some other form of mysterious way. They were traveling to the location of a hunt, a game, even.

Were they participating? No, rather they arrived to bare witness, for the Hunt of Ambrosia Flowers. The journey for those who participate will be one of great danger, what hides within the malformed geography and climate of the Domains of The Flowers are greatly unknown. Only a few of the many who arrived will participate.

---

As the gravel under your feet crunches, you spot beggars, nobles, merchants, priests, and people of all sorts from all corners of Forengard. You see blacksmiths, armorers, apothecaries, healers, and many other professions offering their services to participants. If the winner of the hunt is spotted using their gear, surely their reputation will result in an amazing rise. It seems everyone of all sorts intend to witness this hunt.

If you look past the forming rings of communities, you can see obviously how much The Flowers have changed their surroundings. You see tall mountains tipped with snow, verdant forests and jungles, and even some notes of unnatural geography, such as large floating boulders. A stark contrast from the dry plateau you currently stand on.

As you approach surrounding stalls and the hastily built town, you can clearly feel the bustle of life, you could recognize in any busy city. But there is an tension about it. Everyone here is tight with excitement, or that's what it appears to you. You may just be tense, for you will be participating in the game, or at least play a large role. You, like everyone else here, do not know what lies in the Domain of The Flowers.

((I suppose for this part we just interact as much as possible, then we move on to the next part(s)))

Last edited by Time (July 17, 2023 21:25:32)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 29, 2022 23:09:29  #2

Re: [PLOT - Domain of Flowers] - 0: In a Land Overlooked by the Pantheon..

There's a woman strolling about the town, followed by a taller man wearing a hooded cloak, sunglasses, and a mask over the bottom part of his face. As you watch, you notice that there's a peculiar red smoke streaming behind the woman as she walks. They're a bit conspicuous, which is weird, and you can hear bits of their conversation.

"–can't believe she was right–"

"–experiment was a success–"

"–shame she's half-dead already–"

xenon 
he/him || 19 || god of scones || your local rebel noble gas

December 29, 2022 23:11:30  #3

Patil observes his surroundings curiously. Just him, Leon doesn't seem to have come with. He sits in the shade under the awnings of a building, on wooden chair he dragged out from who knows where. Mostly he's just sizing up his opponents, trying to build a strategy for victory, but his mind is a jumbled mess so that doesn't really go anywhere. The air around him feels cold, almost cutting, it's clear he's not in a good mood. Perhaps it's just the nerves.

(Great imagery Time! Hehe I'm so excited.)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

December 30, 2022 02:25:05  #4

"Leon.  Patil.  Time.  And many more to come.  Fang and Flare will eventually arrive no doubt.  This doesn't bode well...none of this does."  Crimson puts his hood up and sits on the ground.  "Now would be a great time for eyes...." he grumbled.

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

December 30, 2022 13:50:33  #5

Not one to miss a developing hub of commerce, Orphos had been one of the first arrivals to the Domain of Flowers. In the past few days he had done his due diligence, scoping out the pop-up city and its population of craftspeople, merchants, and whoever else had made the trek out here. He'd even set up camp himself, a large canvas walled tent with an awning staked into the dirt on the outskirts.

He wasn't there now, instead wandering around the maze of people and buildings, hands shoved deep into the pockets of his longcoat as he walked. He made no effort to conceal himself-- it was a no-brainer he would have found his way here eventually-- and as he strolled through the rows of encampments, he felt a certain giddiness. It had been far too long since he'd had a chance to get his hands dirty like this. Hundreds, thousands of people focused on a single item of unimaginable power and influence? This was practically the purpose of his existence, a stage perfectly set for deals. There was a literal spring in his step and... was that a smile? A relaxed, jovial Orphos. An uncommon sight, and Forengard was probably better off for it. It usually preceded other people about to have a very bad day.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Wheeling high above the city was a large barn owl with unusually dark plumage. An odd sight given the time of day, not that it cared. With a tilt of its wings, it descended into the heart of the city, landing behind a ramshackle building. A humanoid figure emerged a short time later, dressed in a thick hooded cape fashioned out of dark green wool. The hood was down, revealing a possibly familiar face that effortlessly blended back into the crowd as she maneuvered, barefoot, through the stalls full of mortals hawking their wares.

Shiloh was on the move.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

December 30, 2022 14:40:47  #6

High above the land, as the mortals gathered, Ark was putting the finishing touches on a new creation, invisible to the seekers of the flower. To any gods in the area who could see it, it appeared to be a massive ship, galleon sized, but with some strange features. For one, the bottom of the ship was entirely see-through, and for two, where the sails were supposed to be, the ship was anchored onto the clouds, following the line of mortals moving towards the city. “Now this, this is going to be very entertaining.” Ark stood on the ship, peering through the bottom at the gatherers. He summons a drink and a chair, and sits down, waiting for the game to begin.

A cloaked man, his arms wrapped in bandages, wanders about the town, browsing the stalls, and assessing the participants around him. He carries bottles with him of a peculiar liquid that clink on his belt as he walks, and a massive sheath containing some kind of strange weapon is strapped to his back. From the looks of the handle, it appears to be some kind of mechanical sword, but what stands out about it is the ripcord attached to the hilt. He continues to wander, glancing at the other participants as he goes. 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

December 30, 2022 18:04:36  #7

((Thank you thank you))

The commoners definitely had interested looks wherever the pair of the man and woman with a tail of smoke went. Someone like that had to be a participant of sort, most of them thought.

When it came to Orphos and his deals, people had came to notice the presence of the deity. Most gave him a wide berth, eyed him with intrigue, and some even gave him a gesture or gift of respect or fear. There is no doubt that Orphos had already made plenty of deals with both (nondescript) seekers and audience members.

---

A girl sits by a small tent, analyzing arrows. She pulls some out of the quiver, and examines each and every one carefully, the fletchings, the arrow shaft, and the arrowhead. Some of these arrows appeared to be different from the standard norm. Some with abnormally shaped arrowheads, others with scrawls and etchings about them. She then looks to her side and examines a bow, checking the twine, limbs, and grip. She does so in a very meticulous way, silently muttering to herself. Anyone who sees her could likely pick up she's no fletcher; she's a participant.

She pulls her bowstring to hitch on her bow, slings the quiver of arrows over her shoulder, hoists a pack with her, and steps out onto the road, eyeing out any other participants.

---

A woman walks down the dirt paths of the encampments. She looks almost eerie compared to everyone else. As many look like worn down travelers, their boots and clothing lightly coated in dust, her simple grey clothing appears pristine in cleanliness. To every traveler she passes, she gives a kind, sincere, and gentle smile. She eventually crosses paths with a pair of interesting looking travelers, and overhears a quick phrase of their conversation.

xenon wrote:

"–shame she's half-dead already–"

The woman stops, pivots around, and faces the two, taking a few steps to come closer to them, "Excuse me?" She asks with a polite voice, "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Someone is in pain, yes?"

Last edited by Time (December 31, 2022 00:54:07)

Time

December 30, 2022 21:26:06  #8

Naiyan was somewhere in the middle of town. She wouldn't be participating, of course; she was already a deity. However, she had taken on the task of being an announcer of sorts. Right now she was just wandering around and taking in her surroundings and probably getting a lot of weird looks from the people around her.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 30, 2022 21:57:32  #9

Time wrote:

The woman stops, pivots around, and faces the two, taking a few steps to come closer to them, "Excuse me?" She asks with a polite voice, "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Someone is in pain, yes?"

The woman with the smoke trail whirls around, and you can see that her right eye looks like it's rotting out of her face, and it seems to be the source of all the red smoke. 

"Who's asking?" she asks. She's grinning, a little disarmingly. 

xenon 

December 31, 2022 00:19:05  #10

Crimson yawns and closes his eyes, scanning all the auras around him for anything that may catch his eye, but to also find Fang and Flare.  The deeper and harder he looked the more confused he became.  Due to the mass amounts of souls around him, it was hard to focus at all.  "This damn crown is messin' with me...wonder if there is a decent deity that could track the two for me..." Crimson thought to himself before sitting up and cracking his neck.  "...why am I even here?" 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 31, 2022 00:58:56  #11

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

“Now this, this is going to be very entertaining.” Ark stood on the ship, peering through the bottom at the gatherers. He summons a drink and a chair, and sits down, waiting for the game to begin.

"It's unfortunate. The side effects of the flowers limit the amount of deities that can reasonably be down there." Time says as he steps upon Ark's ship, "I suppose all we can do is watch for the best possible candidates."

"See anyone of interest down there? Any fellow deities?"

---

xenon wrote:

"Who's asking?" she asks. She's grinning, a little disarmingly. 

"I'm just a traveler who tries to help." She dips her head in a gesture of courtesy, seeming to be unphased by the off-putting appearance, "I'm Alethea." she extends her hand, of which identical simple rings are worn upon each of her fingers, "What's yours?"

Last edited by Time (December 31, 2022 04:57:37)

Time

December 31, 2022 07:33:29  #12

“Lots of interesting people. Some lady spewing red smoke, guy with a big sword, archer girl.” He looks closer. “Crimson’s there for some reason. And Orphos.” Ark sips his drink, then looks down again. “Hm. Could’ve sworn I saw an owl too.”

The cloaked man, also curious about the source of the smoke, has found his way over to the other two. “Pardon my interruption, but I couldn’t help noticing the whole…” He gestures at the smoke, indicating to it. “What is it?”

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

December 31, 2022 11:13:00  #13

(don't forget the pixel girl, Ark xDD)

Naiyan noticed Ark for the first time and teleported in front of him, a few scattered pixels hovering around her briefly before disappearing. "Helloooo!" she said.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 31, 2022 11:36:53  #14

Crimson rolls onto his back and jumps to his feet.  "Might as well get to know the locals..." he said and walked up to Alethea.  "Nearest aura, please don't be like Helios..." Crimson thought and tapped on the shoulder of the deity.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 31, 2022 15:02:14  #15

"Ohp. I was about to point this one out." Time points a finger to the girl in front of them now, "She looks like she's from a the cyber sect or something. Who're you?"

---

((Oopsy Alethea isn't a deity, I'm sure mostly everyone participating in the game is mortal @Zane))

Alethea quickly looks back and recognizes Crimson, "Oh, Crimson. You're here too? It's pleasant to see you again. I'm looking to learn the tunes of others." She gestures her hand to the others.

Last edited by Time (January 1, 2023 15:22:18)

Time

December 31, 2022 15:13:10  #16

Naiyan grinned, her hologram-like appearance flickering slightly.

Chronos, who was definitely here this whole time or maybe had just spontaneously materialized as she tends to do, grinned back.

December 31, 2022 16:08:24  #17

Time wrote:

"I'm just a traveler who tries to help." She dips her head in a gesture of courtesy, seeming to be unphased by the off-putting appearance, "I'm Alethea." she extends her hand, of which identical simple rings are worn upon each of her fingers, "What's yours?"

Both the woman and the man in sunglasses look down at her hand, but don't take it.

"It's none of your business," the man in sunglasses says. Depending on which CDs you're familiar with, you may recognise the cadence of his voice. After all, 118 always had a very showman-like way of speaking. 

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

The cloaked man, also curious about the source of the smoke, has found his way over to the other two. “Pardon my interruption, but I couldn’t help noticing the whole…” He gestures at the smoke, indicating to it. “What is it?”

"A curse," The woman's smile tightens a little. "One I hope this competition will help me be rid of."

xenon 

December 31, 2022 16:55:29  #18

Oh yes. Chronos definitely was there the whole time. Time is happy to see her out and about again.

"Hm... you don't look exactly material. You are a hologram of sorts. Yes?" Time continues with the questions since she didn't respond.

---

Alethea lowers her hand, though her smile does not falter, "It is true that it is none of my business, but surely you can spare your names at least? I would love to know the names of those I will be participating with." She either was unfazed in the intimidating presence of the CD, or unaware of his identity; it's hard to tell which one it is for her.

Time

December 31, 2022 17:00:46  #19

The man and the woman glance at each other, and then the woman says "You can call me H," which makes the man roll his eyes, but then he goes "I guess you can call me X." (an interesting choice.)

xenon 

December 31, 2022 17:46:25  #20

In response to Naiyan appearing directly in front of him, Ark falls backward in his chair, and almost spills his drink. He catches it at the last second, and starts laughing. “Fantastic!” He gets himself out of his fall, stands up, and grins. “I’m Ark, nice to meetcha!”

The cloaked man nods. “A worthy goal. I hope you succeed in it.” He removes his hood, revealing a pale, scarred face. “I am Ozark. It’s a pleasure.”

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (December 31, 2022 17:46:36)

Axel
I aten't dead

December 31, 2022 20:26:38  #21

((I'm so behind, ahhhhhhh))

Patil was making an active effort to avoid Crimson, not in the mood to talk to anyone he knew right now. So he strolled through the streets, scoping out the competition. Eventually someone managed to catch his eye, Orphos seems to be name, a deity of...something, Patil couldn't really remember. He hesitates for a few moments before deciding to approach. "Yohu!" he called, waving his hand in an attempt to get the immortal's attention.

Marsh floats just a foot above the ground, her head swiveling as she traveled, clearly looking for something. In their search for whatever it is, they found a familiar face instead.

Time wrote:

She pulls her bowstring to hitch on her bow, slings the quiver of arrows over her shoulder, hoists a pack with her, and steps out onto the road, eyeing out any other participants.

Their face lit up as they flew over to the girl. "Arcan! I didn't know you'd be here too!" Marsh looks excited to see her.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

December 31, 2022 20:45:40  #22

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

In response to Naiyan appearing directly in front of him, Ark falls backward in his chair, and almost spills his drink. He catches it at the last second, and starts laughing. “Fantastic!” He gets himself out of his fall, stands up, and grins. “I’m Ark, nice to meetcha!”

"Naiyan's the name! Deity of Creativity and the Internet, at your service." She bowed dramatically, flourishing her hand, before popping up again. 

Time wrote:

Oh yes. Chronos definitely was there the whole time. Time is happy to see her out and about again.

"Hm... you don't look exactly material. You are a hologram of sorts. Yes?" Time continues with the questions since she didn't respond.

"Pretty close. I can't fully exist outside the internet, so if I want to be in the real world I have to project myself like this." She waved her hands in front of her face, which were slightly transparent just like the rest of her body.

"Can you touch things?" Chronos asked curiously. In response, Naiyan stuck her arm through Time's chest. Her hand completely disappeared, but when she pulled it back there was no mark. He probably didn't even feel anything.

December 31, 2022 21:26:55  #23

“Ah, I was wondering who to blame for that… interesting network creation.” Ark manifests a table and a few more chairs, so that everyone can sit. “Snacks are available and plentiful, and I’ve even gone into my multiverse stash for some treats from other universes.” He looks back down towards the city. “I wonder when this thing is supposed to start?”

Axel
I aten't dead

December 31, 2022 22:04:11  #24

Time almost looked surprised and looked to grab Naiyan's hand on reflex, only to probably just past through it. But in a flash his face went from one of slight surprise to something more neutral and interested.

"Fascinating," He quickly adds on, "I thought that there would be no data or any sort of internet this far out here."

"As for when it's going to start... I wouldn't know." He looks to Ark, "I suppose the Domain of Flowers will let the participants know some way or another. The amount of influence that a closely packed group of ambrosia flowers can have is amazing." He looks back down through the deck.
---
"Its a pleasure to make acquaintances, Ozark, H, A." She smiles, "Those who hold secrets are those who are always the most interesting. On that note. Do any of you hold secrets on what lies beyond the city?"

---
Arcan also looks happy to meet a familiar face as well, "Marsh!" she smiles, approaching the deity while tightening her bag and quiver straps, "Why are you here?"

Last edited by Time (December 31, 2022 22:08:23)

Time

December 31, 2022 23:25:05  #25

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

“Ah, I was wondering who to blame for that… interesting network creation.” Ark manifests a table and a few more chairs, so that everyone can sit. “Snacks are available and plentiful, and I’ve even gone into my multiverse stash for some treats from other universes.” He looks back down towards the city. “I wonder when this thing is supposed to start?”

Naiyan giggled. "I didn't make the internet. I'm just a manifestation of it. At least, it's something like that."

Time wrote:

Time almost looked surprised and looked to grab Naiyan's hand on reflex, only to probably just past through it. But in a flash his face went from one of slight surprise to something more neutral and interested.

"Fascinating," He quickly adds on, "I thought that there would be no data or any sort of internet this far out here."

"As for when it's going to start... I wouldn't know." He looks to Ark, "I suppose the Domain of Flowers will let the participants know some way or another. The amount of influence that a closely packed group of ambrosia flowers can have is amazing." He looks back down through the deck.

"I don't need data to connect to the internet. I'm a walking hotspot!" This was true, if any of them had a phone and were to look at it they would find they had full bars and possibly the best internet connection known to man.

January 1, 2023 00:14:52  #26

((Oops, big brain move.))

Crimson waved his hand in front of his face.  "I'm kinda blind here, so I'm not too sure who or what you're gesturing to.  Not sure how you remember my name or know it, but hell, timelines to exist outside Arithnia....I mean uhhh....what's all this about anyways?  You all having a fight of sorts?  I can't really tell who's who and what is what.  Too many people around for me to tell anything apart.  Oh, and have you seem a small girl and a tall idiot named Flare?  The other is Fang.  Family of mine."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 1, 2023 04:16:23  #27

Silverphoenix580 wrote:

Patil was making an active effort to avoid Crimson, not in the mood to talk to anyone he knew right now. So he strolled through the streets, scoping out the competition. Eventually someone managed to catch his eye, Orphos seems to be name, a deity of...something, Patil couldn't really remember. He hesitates for a few moments before deciding to approach. "Yohu!" he called, waving his hand in an attempt to get the immortal's attention.

The god's yellow, catlike eyes immediately flicked over to the mortal's direction. The casual greeting amused him, in a way. He had gotten all manner of greeting since his arrival, from murderous glares to people literally throwing themselves at his feet, begging for an advantage. He decided he liked a simple hand wave much better than most other options. 

He made his way over an eyebrow slightly raised in question. "Yes?" he said simply.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Shiloh approached a stall selling throwing knives. I could use a new set...

She picked up one of many spread out on the table and studied it, feeling the weight in her hand. She frowned slightly and put it back down. She wasn't picky, but she was used to a certain level of quality. Anything crafted by mere mortal hands likely wouldn't live up to her expectations. With a weary sigh, she wandered away from the stall. Being back in "civilization" after so long away was making her skin crawl.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 1, 2023 11:01:00  #28

Ozark shakes his head. “I was hired to come here. All I was told was that my employer wanted one of the flowers growing here, and they would pay a very high sum upon delivery.” He looks off towards the bizarre landscape in the distance. “So now I’m here.”

Axel
I aten't dead

January 1, 2023 12:26:01  #29

"Not much for quality are they?" a small girl said to Shiloh.  "I guess even this world has it limits considering how diverse it is.  My name is Fang!  I'm lookin' for a big and tall idiot named Cor!"  

*              *                * 

"Pardon me, I couldn't help but overhearing your conversation.  You said you're a embodiment of the internet?  Naiyan is your name correct?" Flare said, walking up to the small group.  "My name is Flare, I'm rather curious why all sorts of deities and mortals have gathered here.  I've never heard of a embodiment of internet before.  I am quite curious about your story if you don't mind me asking."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 1, 2023 16:12:00  #30

Ishmael wrote:

The god's yellow, catlike eyes immediately flicked over to the mortal's direction. The casual greeting amused him, in a way. He had gotten all manner of greeting since his arrival, from murderous glares to people literally throwing themselves at his feet, begging for an advantage. He decided he liked a simple hand wave much better than most other options. 

He made his way over an eyebrow slightly raised in question. "Yes?" he said simply.

Patil smiles, practically beams with friendliness, "Hey, you're that deity that uh... right! Trades yes? Deals and such. I was just wondering, what'd you have to offer? After all, I doubt little old me would survive easily in this competition without a bit of divine help." He throws in a wink just for good measure.

Time wrote:

Arcan also looks happy to meet a familiar face as well, "Marsh!" she smiles, approaching the deity while tightening her bag and quiver straps, "Why are you here?"

"Ah uh, a friend of mine asked me to look after one of the competitors here," as Marsh says this, her gaze sweeps over the crowd again, "y'know make sure he doesn't get into any trouble and such. But enough about me, I take it you're here for the competition? Are you hoping the flower would help you figure out what you'd want to do in life?" She doesn't seem that keen on finding said competitor, and instead more interested in the reason behind Arcan's appearance at this town.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera