HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2022 06:53:59  #1

off-screen drabbles

((I don't write a lot but sometimes I do. This thread is mainly just ggad ideas and backstory stuff I couldn't fit naturally into the story.

That said, let's start off with some light angst: ))

An old creaky door signals the arrival of an uninvited guest.

“Where were you?” It’s a redundant question, they both knew that. She sits leisurely, staring at the bottle of booze in her hand, drinking as if everything’s fine. 

“You were supposed to be backup!” He continues, taking a step closer, “You were supposed to make sure everyone got out safely,” closer again, “that there were as little casualties as possible!” Now all that stood between them was a battered old table and what feels like a million mile emotional gap. 

She still doesn’t look at him, yes the booze seems extra interesting today. The silence that follows is deafening and it took her far too long to realize she was supposed to say something. “I was supposed to ensure the mission went smoothly.” She spoke slowly, measuring each word “We got the boy, what more do you want-” “You left me to die!” The accusation laced with venom and contempt. That’s what got her to look, the need to defend herself far overwhelmed her need to pretend that nothing had happened. “What,”  she scoffed, “was I supposed to risk my life for you?” More silence, except this time he was supposed to say something. But what could he say? ‘Yes you should’ve risked your life for me.’ ‘At least don’t leave me behind.’ ‘I would’ve died for you in a heartbeat.’ Would he?

In the end all he could manage was “I just, thought you’d care.”

“Care!?” She screeched, and he knew he said the wrong thing “Don’t you dare accuse me of not caring! I raised you, for sixteen long years and you have the audacity to say I don’t care about you?" She stood up, knocking her chair back and points an accusatory finger at him. "If I didn’t care, you would already be six feet under you ungrateful, disrespectful, rotten little parasite!” He flinched. He knows she’s probably half-drunk, that it’s mainly the alcohol talking, that she doesn’t really mean any of that. “Tell me, what in lord's name did I do wrong? Hm? Am I a terrible person for trying to keep my own head attached to my neck?” 

“If you’ve done nothing wrong, then why do you keep avoiding me?” For some reason, he finally speaks up, staring directly at her. She fumbles, indignant at being interrupted, struggling to avoid direct eye contact. “See, even now you avoid me! What did I do? Why won’t you even look at me?” The anger rises. boiling over into a million questions. Why do you hate me so much? Why are you like this? Why can’t we be happy? Why. Why. Why. Until the room is filled with unanswered questions, until the tension is suffocating, and still he can’t stop because this has been years in the making, because all these questions never get answered, because he’s tired, because maybe this time he’ll finally get a proper explanation. And so, “Because I hate seeing the mistakes I’ve made!” When she said that, sounding as if she'd been holding the answer back as long as he'd been seeking it, he knew it was the truth. People don’t just say things with that tone, sounding like a weight has been lifted, and not genuinely mean it.

He forgot what happened after, if her string of half-hearted apologies came before or after he walked through the door, if she even said the word “sorry.” All he knows is that after the fight, she disappeared from his life, and he refused to look for her again. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

December 9, 2022 03:01:07  #2

Re: off-screen drabbles

((less of a drabble and more of a dumpster fire))

Click

Well the least I could do is buy you dinner.

“I have no need for mortal sustenance.”

“‘Mortal sustenance’ it’s called food, dummy.”

“Do you really think it wise to speak to your deity in such a tone?”

“Oh c’mon, just humor me yeah?” The mortal grabbed Nemesis’s arm, giving her best shot at what puppy eyes looked like. For some reason, they cave. 

“Alright.” 

Click 

You’re here! 

I didn’t think you’d actually come..” 

Nemesis really really debated on whether to show up or not, in fact they were just ready to leave, chicken out last minute because even deities feel fear when facing the unknown, but then the mortal opened the door. The strange, fascinating mortal opened the door and smiled at Nemesis, as if their simple act of showing up meant more than the dozen people Nemesis has killed for her, and suddenly they wanted to stay. 

“Come in, come in! I wasn’t expecting a visitor so the place might be a bit messy, hope you don’t mind.”  

Click 

Careful, there’s thorns. 

“It’s fine, I don’t mind-”

“Yeah but be careful anyways, I don’t like it when you’re hurt.” 

Nemesis did not know how to respond. To their knowledge, no mortal has ever even fathomed the idea of them getting hurt, and most definitely not over something as small as a rose thorn. This mortal was the first to treat Nemesis as someone who could bleed. 

“No need for such concern, I’m not human like you.” 

Click 

If I were any more stupid, I’d think you didn’t even like me Nemesis 

Nemesis suddenly realized they liked the mortal. It was probably why they’ve stuck around for so long, even if they couldn’t feel much of the emotions that apparently people who like other people felt. They didn’t feel the joy or contentness that supposedly comes with being with someone you like, but they did feel less angry. As if the existence of someone like the mortal meant there’s something enjoyable to being alive. 

Click 

Maybe this is blasphemous but I see you as more of a friend, than my deity. 

Nemesis, friend? 

“Ahaha perhaps it’s stupid to think we’re equals, considering you’re well a literal immortal but that’s just how I’ve come to view you.” This is the first time in a long time the mortal sounded unsure of her words. 

“I think, I see you as an equal too. Even if you are just a human.” 

Click 

You… How did you even? 

“Do you like it?” 

“What kind of question is that?! Of course I love it, it’s- it’s the best birthday present I could’ve wished for!” She practically threw herself at Nemesis, squeezing the deity in a big hug. “Thank you, though I can’t fathom how you managed to recreate Willow.” 

Click 

This is a family heirloom, so you better take care of it once I’m gone. 

“Are you leaving?” Nemesis felt an unfamiliar emotion well up, like someone has reached through their chest and tried to squeeze their heart. It felt terrible but also carthartic for Nemesis who was so used to feeling anger instead. 

“Not soon I hope, but it’s not like I’ll live forever y’know.” 

Click

Yeah yeah, I love you too 

Love? 

Click 

I’m going to, go back to sea 

and, I know it’s dangerous, and wreckless, and I’m probably way too old for this but, I just. I can’t stay like this anymore, you know me Nemesis, I can’t stay still. I’m an adventurer at heart, that’s me.” She takes a breath, “So, this might be the last time we meet, and I’m not saying like y’know, it’s not definetive or anything, but I just don’t think I’d want to come back after I get a taste of freedom. So I wanna give you a proper goodbye, just in case yeah?” 

“...alright.” 

Click 

… 

There’s no one here, Nemesis knew that of course. There’s been no one here in nearly a decade. That didn't stop them from twisting the handle and pretending they had the guts to step inside. Lying inconspiously on the dinning table was the sheathed sword taunted them, an insistent reminder of all that’s left. Nemesis, should’ve thrown the wretched thing away and continued on with their life. It’s pathetic, the way they kept showing up at a dead woman’s house like they didn’t understand what death is. That terrible feeling grips their heart again and Nemesis is sure anger would feel better. Nemesis is certain anything else would feel better. 

The door shuts loudly. Tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow they’ll take the sword away just like the mortal wanted. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 3, 2023 22:04:08  #3

((Sword lore but not really))

“-ight, this thing on? Testing test- okay, cool, nice.” 

Nemesis stares at the little floating figure that popped up a moment prior. Right after she found the proper scabbard for her sword (she didn’t even know the sword had a scabbard), and slid the blade in perfectly (it just felt right). The fully sheathed sword started displaying a hologram? Recorded memory? Lingering spirit? She’s not quite sure what it is but it feels like old magic. Centuries old magic. 

"By the time you’re seeing this, I will already be dead.” The recording laughs, a loud and bright bark that sends ice through her veins. The laughter petered out into huffy chuckles “I’ve always wanted to say that.” 

Suddenly, Nemesis is certain this message is for her. It was only a hunch before but now she’s sure she knew this person. Someone she tried to forget. Part of her screams to pull the sword back out and stop watching the recording. Another part of her just really really wants to hear that laugh again. 

“Right, okay, right, I haven’t got much time left. I don’t know if you can tell but I’m currently in our cottage right now, exactly where I’ll be leaving this thing because if I move it after recording I don’t…I don’t think I’ll-” They cut off with a laugh, mirthless and dry. 

Nemesis looks around and sees nothing but thick twisting foliage. She wonders if this used to be where the cottage was. Wonders if there’s any foolproof way of knowing. Wonders if she even wanted to know. 

“This is uh, my fourth attempt, in case you can’t tell.” A pause, a sigh, “Look, goodbyes are hard and farewells are harder. But I’m an adventurer at heart Nem-” The nickname stings in places Nemesis didn’t even know could hurt “-and you know that. So don’t, like, take it personally. It’s not you, it's me.” The person laughed again, as if partings could be funny and not just sad. 

Nemesis wonders what that’d feel like, to try and find joy instead of anger. 

“No no, that’s not it. Neither of us are at fault. We just don't fit anymore. You were right Nem, the anger was just a phase and so was our peace. I told you it’s because I wanted to travel again, but that’s just part of it. The other part was, well, you.” Nervous chuckles, the kind Nemesis is well familiar with, “You were bursting at the seams, Nem, practically bleeding hostility. You were… I don’t know what you were but I think you were bored. You don’t experience emotions like us, you can’t seem to just enjoy good things.”

She’s right, whoever the recording was. Nemesis can feel her blood start to boil just from being pinned like that, Being so known. Nemesis tries to tamp it down, anger management is something she’s supposed to work on. 

“And on some levels I understand that. I don’t get mad like you, but I do get restless. We’re like those crabs that evolve from different animals. Different bases but similar results.” 

Nemesis notes that the person looks proud of this analogy, it makes the corners of her mouth lift just a little. 

“I don’t even know if you’ll see this. I could have just wasted the past sixty minutes of my life but I figured it’s better to be safe than sorry.” 

Nemesis suddenly realizes it might actually be the first time she’s seen this recording. Her past self could have just taken the sword and left. Her past self probably did. 

“Right, I think I’ve said all I wanted to say. Unfortunately, I have no secrets, no hidden treasure maps or anything cool like that. I could make one up I guess but I’d rather not lie in something so… sacred. You like me best when I’m honest anyway. Um, right. You’ll always be my goddess, even if I never call on you again, but more importantly I consider you my best friend, though I’m sure you know that already.” 

Nemesis has never felt so…odd. Is it weird, to not even know your best friend's name.

“I guess, all that’s left is: love ya, don’t be a stranger!” The last laughter in this recording cuts off abruptly but it rings in Nemesis’ ears longer than any of the others. 

It sounds like an inside joke she can’t remember. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 23, 2023 00:30:57  #4

Turns out I'm on a writing streak, this time with a little snippet of how Leon is taking Patil's leave and their separation (Spoiler alert: not well)

Warnings: cursing

Death was supposed to be closure. One way or another, be it one’s own death or the death of someone else, it was supposed to be the final ending. A confirmation that the person who died would never do anything again. Confirmation that, for Leon, meant he would never ever ever be stuck in that wretched, windowless, bedroom with nothing but piles upon piles of books to keep him company.

And yet.

And yet.

The bookshelf has begun bending under the weight of the pages and a decade and a half of time. The bed was still made, sheets neatly folded and spread out across the queen-size. Waiting for his return. Everything looks the same as he remembers, except for the dust that has made its way into every crevice, washing everything in a layer of grimey gray. Leon doesn’t think anyone’s touched his bedroom since he left. He’s not sure what to make of that.

He shouldn’t be here again. He should be burning this room to a crisp, or at the very least tearing everything apart until nothing but the chandelier exists. He should want to close the door and never return.

Instead Leon takes a seat on the corner of the bed and just stares. The view is painfully familiar and he hates everything. Hates the architects that designed this room, the constructors who built it, his parents who assigned this hellhole to him. Leon hates, most of all, how right this feels. How, even after all these years, there’s a part of him that liked his old life. When everything was easy and he had no choices to make. There’s this terrible weight in his heart, a self-loathing he’s never been able to shake since as long as he could remember.

Reading would make him feel better, make him forget, but he’s scared the whole shelf would topple over and turn to dust if he so much as breathed on it. He should’ve brought his own book. He should have never opened the door in the first place.If Nemesis was here right now, she’d probably be lecturing Leon on how he’s “self-sabotaging” and that his behavior is “unhealthy,” as if he ever gave a shit about himself. If Patil was here he’d sit with Leon and hold his hand and let him sob all over his old cotton shirt. Patil would’ve said all the right words and breathed comfort into his very being, because he knew Leon like no one else ever will. Patil would’ve been exactly who he needed right now.

Patil’s not here though. No, Patil had left because Leon was stupid and said some stupid things and now it’s too fucking late to take his words back. It’s always too fucking late isn’t it. Feels like he’s been chasing lost time since the moment he was free.

The memory haunts him, the bitter words they had thrown at each other, their first real argument.

“You’re not going, Pat, it’s too dangerous.”

He hadn’t even tried to reach a compromise.

“I’m calling your bluff, asshole, you won’t. You know you can’t win, you’ve got nothing but that shitty disappearance act.”

He gloated Patil for fucks sake. 

“Fine! If you wanna leave, then leave!! See if I care. You won’t make it one fucking week without me.”

He’d set a dare and of course Patil took it. 

Leon was an idiot.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

Leaning his weight back, he falls onto the bed, sending up a cloud of dust. He’s making a mess and getting his fancy clothes dirty but he really couldn’t care less. His heart hurts and all he wants to do is curl up in a ball until he disappears. The world was terrifyingly quiet without Patil around and he hates the quiet. It reminds him of before. Of the endless hours he spent alone, in this room, not even speaking for days at a time. He hates being alone even more, hates being ignored like a fucking ghost.

There’s not a single family portrait with Leon in it. The painters didn’t even know he existed. No one was supposed to know he existed. None of that should matter now because he burned it all. Every last painting. It’s all gone, they’re all gone, so why? Why is everything backwards now?

The one person he wanted to keep has left him. The people he’d wanted to get rid of just won’t leave him alone

What is he doing wrong? 

What has he done right?

“What the hell am I supposed to do.” He asked the ceiling. The chandelier doesn’t move, it’s never moved in all the twelve years he’d spent here. Of course nothing would change now.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 23, 2023 17:50:32  #5

So awesome. We love characters suffering don't we

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 25, 2023 07:50:27  #6

Oh no, the character I traumatized has trauma?? Who wudda thought

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 28, 2023 15:29:56  #7

Another writing bc it seems the more stressed I am with homework, the more my brain wants to procrastinate and think about my little guys. This time with a drabble on Somnus' backstory! Ofc he wasn't born with the name Somnus, who names their child that?

For as long as he could remember, Neil had always felt weak, tired. The doctors said it was some kind of disease, something non-contagious but genetic. With a long fancy name and everything. He didn’t really understand their words, just knew that it wasn’t good. The doctors said he wouldn’t make it to twelve, maybe thirteen if he was lucky. 

When he’d asked mama what they meant, she said he had the same thing as his father but worse. That he understood. His father had passed away before Neil was born. 

Living life on a time-limit wasn’t so bad once he got used to it. Neil was glad for his family. Mama was a little fussy but always took good care of him. Sierra, Linda, and Malvis were the best siblings Neil could hope for. They let him tag along on days he felt better and when he was bedridden for weeks they’d often sit by his side and share their day with him so he didn’t feel left out. 

Sierra was a reader, her books piled high in the living room once their library had run out of space. She’d read him bedtime stories for as long as he could remember. Every night a new tale from her collections. They were never really close, which came as no surprise to anyone since Sierra was the oldest of the Waldersons and Neil, the youngest. He remembers her often talking about legacies, wanting to follow in their father’s footsteps of being a poet. She said she’d make the Walderson name famous, she’d do what her father never had the time to do. Neil believed her too, she had just recently gotten a deal from a big fancy publishing company. If all went well, her first book would’ve been released in December, just in time for Christmas.

Linda was a romantic and what many would call “boy obsessed.” He remembers her gushing over a new boy every other month. Their mother never liked that for some reason, but Neil thought it was nice, how much love Linda gave so freely. She’d often gossip with him about school drama. Who fancied who, and which two people were fighting over what topic. It was all terribly intriguing to Neil, who could count on two hands the amount of days he’d spent in an actual classroom. Linda was also a crafter and was especially talented in doll-making. Most of Neil’s plushies and toys were made by her, given as gifts on birthdays and holidays. He cherished each and every one of them, designating a few as cuddle-able and holding the rest on his dresser for safekeeping. She did Neil’s makeup once, when he’d gotten curious and had asked. It made him feel very pretty and nice but he never got the courage to ask her again.

Malvis was the most like Neil. Not sick like Neil, but more like what Neil imagined himself to be if he weren’t. They were just a year apart. Their mother often said brothers were best friends you were born with, and it was something they had both believed in. Malvis always seemed ecstatic on days Neil felt better, wanting to drag him off to his newest hideout, or that cool new store just two blocks down with a bunch of antiques. He’d often bring Neil treats and trinkets he’d found on his adventures. Most noticeable of these were the old broken pocket watch he’d found in the forest and candy he swore he didn’t steal from his teacher’s desk during lunchtime. The candy had made Neil laugh because 1) he’d been sure it was stolen, and 2) Malvis had spit it out immediately after trying to eat it because of the cinnamon. The pocket watch came with a scary story about a girl who had followed a rabbit into the forest, experienced much misfortune, and was never found again. Later when Neil recounted the tale to Sierra, she had laughed and told him Malvis ripped off the plot of Alice In Wonderland. That the original story actually had a happy ending.

Oh how marvelous it’d be, to spend the rest of his life like this. Contentment is so easy when he has no future to speak of. Enjoying the little things because it might as well be all he had. But the world was cruel, and the universe indifferent. Nothing good ever lasts. Neil just never thought he’d survive the curtain call.

Whether he wanted to or not, Somnus still remembers. He remembers smoke and ash and a bright burning inferno. Remembers the flames that licked up his bedpost, a desperate stumble for the door. His sister’s panicked scream as the doorframe, and subsequently the entire wall, fell between them, leaving him trapped and helpless. He remembers knowing he’d die as the smoke robbed him of breath. The desperation of not wanting to, not yet, not yet, please dear gods not yet

Worst of all, he remembers waking up to a sea of ashes and the bright red eyes of a demon. Following that was the confusion, the explanation, the condolences, and the understanding.

Sierra said gods were born from tragedies because that was hope. Said the flower had chosen those in need as a savior. That never should he curse the divine for things out of everyone’s control. Fate, she had called it, the things that happen regardless of what anyone wants. Still he couldn’t help but feel like fate was wrong, that whatever god had answered his final prayer was wrong.

There were many better options than him. Someone else with a talent, a skill, or even a personality. A life. His sisters who both had things they loved and dreams to follow. His brother who had decades ahead of him and aspirations of seeing the moon. His mom who worked day in and day out with no complaint just to keep the four of them fed. Neil was almost certain anyone else in this village would make a better deity than him. He was nobody.

At least the doctors got one thing right, he’d never be older than thirteen. Immortality…what a joke. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 29, 2023 06:24:02  #8

Honestly? Beautiful backstory. Loved the ending line and how it links to the beginning. It feels reminiscent, to me.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 4, 2023 11:35:54  #9

Time wrote:

Honestly? Beautiful backstory. Loved the ending line and how it links to the beginning. It feels reminiscent, to me.

Thank you, thank you! I don't talk about Somnus nearly enough on here

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 4, 2023 11:47:32  #10

Oh no, I wrote a Nemesis character study? Who woulda guessed...

(cw: very mild gore? (idk if it really counts as gore but just to be safe))

Loud, painful, screams echo through the abandoned warehouse like death bells. It doesn’t matter, there’s no civilization in miles and there’s not a soul who’d dare condemn her. He won’t walk out alive.

Violence hangs heavy in the air, and after every cut a brilliant cascade of blood follows, yet never flies far enough to stain a surface. She tries to keep the floor clean, despite the gruesome method of murder, but control is a fickle thing and her head is full of clouds. No one can blame her for leaving a few drops behind. She’s high off the taste of death on her tongue, something metallic and tangy and much too salty, like tears. Practically vibrating with anger as she tears into the man’s flesh, watches his muscles fall away in ribbons. It’s not like she enjoys the act, no more than mortals enjoy breathing. (That’s to say, killing simply comes naturally, and death has always been her birthright.) It does, however, feel dangerously close to coming home, to being alive. She doesn’t know what to do with that. She doesn’t need to know.

The deed’s been done, the poor girl’s prayers fulfilled, and as Nemesis calms back down she realizes she’s not sure what to do with the gallon of blood she has. It’s just there. Sort of hovering, three feet off the ground in an undulating orb and she figures she must’ve just been subconsciously siphoning all of this guy’s blood into a ball because she can’t remember anything but a haze of red. Something shifts in her peripheral that reminds her she has an audience. Internally chastising herself for getting her priorities mixed up, Nemesis turns to face her newest follower. That’s when she realizes she’s forgotten her lines, it's been a few centuries since she was properly active and now all her social skills are rusty.

The poor girl (Danella she reminds herself) looks frightened, concerned, but also awed. The expression sends a wave of deja vu over her head. “Are you…okay?” Nemesis asks. The delivery is awkward and she immediately feels self-conscious, a new emotion for the goddess. She files it away to think about later.

Unexpectedly, Danella answers with the same question, “Are you okay?”

It’s so out of left field but it makes Nemesis realize she must still look a little crazed. She still feels a little crazed. Unable to regulate her expressions, she simply nods and hopes it looks reassuring, “I’m fine.” The two fall into silence again. Awkward tension rises but she can’t seem to manage another word. A deity, choking on her own tongue, it’s embarrassing. 

Danella breaks the silence by asking another question, “What’re you gonna do with that?” She points at the floating orb of blood.

Nemesis…hadn’t really thought about it. “I don’t know, probably feed it to leeches or something.” She wonders if the nearest blood bank would accept a suspiciously large donation.

Danella nods like Nemesis actually presented a good idea. It makes the goddess realize just how young the child is. The naivety of a teenager, who thinks any idea they’ve not thought of was one they should entertain. She can’t be much older than seventeen, freckled skin and hand-me-down clothes that don’t fit quite right. It makes Nemesis’ blood boil. The idea that a kid would be driven to such lengths, to turn to her of all deities for vengeance, for closure. The reality of a dotting older sister, now long gone because some sadistic freak wanted to play god and she just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nemesis hates it, the unfairness of it all, but taking the lives of those who deserved it was her own way of righting the scales.

It’s not lost on her of course, just how hypocritical she is. Nemesis is not a paragon of justice, no matter what anyone of her followers would say. Maybe that’s what she’s supposed to be. The goddess of vengeance, blade of the wronged. A just death, if such a thing even existed. Truth was, she’d answered this prayer much too quickly to be moral. Truth was, sometimes she simply wants to rip a person to shreds and feel like she did a good thing.

Nemesis never bothered to fact check the girl’s story. She didn’t even think of the aftermath. Where to dispose of the body, or what to tell Danella once the man had stopped screaming. Gods below, the poor girl must be traumatized. She didn’t mean to, really she didn’t, but she was just so mad. So, very, upset by the story she heard (and Nemesis knows she’s easy to set off, dammit, she knows). There wasn’t time for an afterthought. She acted on her emotions, no better than a rabid animal, and now it’s too late to take any of it back. None of this matters, what’s dead is dead and if the child had somehow lied to her then she doesn’t want to know. 

Belatedly she realizes the kid probably has parents to get back to, or maybe not, “What’re your plans after this?”

Danella looks away, fiddling with the drawstring of her hoodie, “Just um..walking around I guess.” She’s hiding something and it’s painfully obvious.

Nemesis tries not to let that get to her, people are allowed to have privacy, she shouldn’t pry. It’s around noon now so she asks, “Are you hungry?”

“What- what’s that supposed to mean?” The girl is scared, Nemesis realizes.

She lowers herself until she’s sitting, eye-level with Danella in the hopes that it makes her seem less threatening. The mangled body brushes against the small of her back and she tries not to recoil in disgust. “Do you want lunch?” She asks again.

Danella’s not bolting away yet but she does sounds slightly more panicked, stuttering and stumbling over her words, “I don’t- It’s fine- I uh I- money, I can’t pay you- I’m sorry…sorry.”

And Nemesis just blinks stupidly because the idea of having this child pay never even crossed her mind, “I’m paying for your lunch.” She clarifies.

Danella stares like she’s not sure what she just heard, “You- you’re? What? No, no it’s uh it’s fine, I’m fine, I’m not-” This was the moment her stomach chose to growl, loudly and impossible to ignore.

Mind made up, Nemesis rises back up to her feet and gives a simple command, “Let’s go, you’ll pick a restaurant once we get there.” She dumps the blood in some random patch of dirt on her way out, it’s probably not healthy for the environment or whatever, but all the plants here are dead anyways. She doesn’t need to turn around to know the kid is following, her hurried little footsteps trailing close behind. It reminds Nemesis of something she can’t remember.

The blade that hangs at her side feels heavier than ever and she refuses to think about this nasty habit of inviting her followers to meals. It’s unbecoming for someone of her status.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera