HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2022 21:11:26  #31

Re: [Intro] A city filled with trade...

Crimson watches the two walk off and grumbles to himself.  "Buncha jerks leavin' me here!" 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

November 2, 2022 09:36:43  #32

"Marsh." They reply, "and there's no need for repayment. I'm just glad I could help." Marsh turns to wait for Crimson "Knife boy, hurry up. We don't have all day!"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 2, 2022 12:50:20  #33

Crimson threw his hands up in the air in protest "Are you kidding me?!  I'M FREAKING BLIND!'

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 2, 2022 20:59:55  #34

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't notice." Marsh sounds genuine, "I just assumed that you, well that throw was quite impressive so uh, sorry, I shouldn't just assume things about people I've never met." At this point, Marsh has come to a full stop, not sure whether they should keep walking or wait for Crimson. Perhaps apologize some more? This was precisely why they preferred to stay at home, not a single braincell in their head knows how to act in unique social situations.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 2, 2022 22:15:26  #35

Crimson slowly made his way through the crowd and put his hand on Marsh's shoulder and smiled.  "It's alright mate, I forgive ya.  I can't really see all too well, only up to a hand in front of my face.  I mainly use aura to see.  Or an invisible force every living thing emits.  I was able to hit that shot because Arcan gives off a different aura from everyone else.  Anyways, let's roll.  I'll stay close and follow you." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 2, 2022 22:39:47  #36

Arcan nervously eyes the other two, before continuing the walk to the bakery

((Do you want to describe the Bakery @Marsh or do you want me to do it?)) 

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 3, 2022 13:27:15  #37

(*Cracks knuckles* alright, random bull**** go!)

The bakery is a quaint little place, made from stone bricks and wooden floors. Outside there's a small stand, displaying a variety of breads and baked goods. Next to the stand, but still in front of the shop, sits two simple folding tables each with three stools situated beneath. A place for customers to settle and bask in the aroma of freshly baked bread.
Inside the shop there's one large wooden tables, piled with an assortment of breads and pastries. The fire from the oven is enough to keep the entire room warm, the stone walls acting as an insulator, creating a very cozy atmosphere. Three simple wax candles are enough to light up the entire room, painting the interior in a warm orange haze.

Outside, we have our unlikely group of friends, perhaps a little too early to call them friends. Behind the bread stand is a waitress, smiling kindly, waiting for business to drop by.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 3, 2022 16:12:11  #38

"Um....I assume were here?" Crimson said looking around.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 3, 2022 20:28:24  #39

((Random Bull****? I don't mind Cursing in the thread if you all don't mind either lol))

Arcan shifts up to the lady, seeming to regain her composure, "Excuse me miss, do you mind us spending some time here?" She asks politely.

Time

November 3, 2022 21:54:17  #40

(All fine by me.  I tend to avoid having Crimson curse since it's his natural nature to.  Don't want anyone to get mad) 

Crimson tapped Marsh on the shoulder.  "Heya Marsh?  Where is this place anyway?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 4, 2022 19:17:12  #41

(Uh uh generic medieval npc name, generic medieval npc name, generic medieval npc name-)

The waitress practically beams at Arcan, positively delighted at the prospect of new customers. "Of course not, help yourselves!"

Marsh shrugs "All I know is that we're in the Medieval Sect. Found this bakery a few days ago, good bread." As soon as they say that, they take out their wallet and walk over to the waitress, pointing at the bread rolls and buying two. They start munching on the bread, taking the few steps to reach a stool, pulling it from out under the table and sitting down. "Aight, let's talk."

(Part of me wants the waitress to shove marketing down Arcan's throat but that would require me to know how to market)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 4, 2022 19:42:37  #42

Crimson had his back turned to the two unknowingly and spoke to an elderly couple.  "Alright then, why the hell were you running?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 5, 2022 14:00:51  #43

((Ah the pains of not knowing how to market))

Arcan sat down on another stool as well waiting for a few moments while staring at Crimson before deciding to speak up, "Excuse me, but I'm over here. Can't you see with aura as a constant?" She asks.

Time

November 5, 2022 17:35:32  #44

Crimson froze and laughed sheepishly at the couple before turning around to face Arcan.  "Too many people here, hard to find the right mind to focus." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 5, 2022 20:54:26  #45

Marsh continues to munch on their bread. Now that the situation doesn't seem to be verging on violence, they're not talking as much. Their gaze follows Arcan and Crimson as the two talk.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 6, 2022 01:39:01  #46

"So, you admit you would have trouble if I did try to leave right now?" Arcan questions, "Why would you admit something like that?"

Time

November 6, 2022 10:43:26  #47

Crimson shrugged and grinned.  "I thought it was obvious!  But yes, I would have trouble finding you again in this whole sea of life.  But I know you wouldn't since it's rude to leave a blind man waiting.  But all that aside, why the hell were you running?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 7, 2022 01:34:52  #48

Arcan thinks for a very long time. Like she is debating in her mind. A few moments she looks like she's about to say something, and then decides against it.

"I don't think being a thief is for me." She finally says is a slightly hushed voice, "So much time and effort spent into planning, and for what? Coin? It's just not worth it. For me at least."

Time

November 7, 2022 09:38:39  #49

"Clearly that much is true since you gave up rather easily."  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 7, 2022 21:45:54  #50

"Give up? What do you mean?" Arcan slightly tilts her head.

Time

November 7, 2022 22:58:33  #51

"You could have kept on running when bumping into Marsh here..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 8, 2022 01:56:26  #52

"Why would I run? I have no coin and I don't look suspicious."

Time

November 9, 2022 11:50:06  #53

"Guards were chasing you and your aura is odd." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 9, 2022 23:37:49  #54

Arcan thinks for a long moment once again, then frowns, and continues on, "I'm sorry, you must have not noticed. By the time you spotted me I effectively lost the guards, ridded of my disguise, and as well as any evidence. The only identifying factor was my aura, which normal people cannot see. I can't see my aura, I'm not trained in magic like that." she sits backwards a bit, but still in a polite, slightly tense way, "So from my perspective, no. I did not give up. I was blending in. I was in the part of the plan as to where I slip away."

"In that moment, you made me realize that I don't think being a thief is for me. As I said, so much effort for just some money is not my cup of tea." She stays silent for a moment then pipes up again, "Oh. I must not be making much sense; Usually, I don't steal or anything. I'm just trying it out."

As Arcan's narrator, I'm reading this and Arcan's explanation just gets more and more confusing. Does this make sense?

Time

November 10, 2022 07:24:47  #55

"Only a thief would run and hide Arcan.  I understand what you say, but you still avoided a higher authority.  You must at least be held responsible for something." Crimson told her and looked at Marsh.  "What do you think?" 

As Crimson's narrator, I was reading that and it made sense to me.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 10, 2022 09:27:22  #56

"Wha- oh uh" Marsh is caught off guard by the question, as if somehow they did not expect to be included in the conversation. "Well, obviously crime is criminal. But also, high authority shouldn't be a mark for whether someone is good or bad right? Clearly there's going to be consequences but what give you and I the power to deem those consequences?" They pause to finish the bread rolls, "Personally, I would just sneak the gold back or maybe give it to those in need. If Arcan here is just trying things out, well I think we all deserve a chance to find what we're fit for. Although, she is pretty good at disguising herself, I wouldn't have thought she's a thief if she didn't just admit it right now."

("Crime is criminal" - Marsh 2022)

Last edited by Silverphoenix580 (November 10, 2022 09:28:01)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 10, 2022 10:14:59  #57

"I'm the Kyng of Judgement.  It's part of my nature to carry out a swift and fair judgement to those who break the law or commit crimes."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 11, 2022 14:28:41  #58

"I didn't look to intentionally hurt anyone. I assure you that." Arcan says, "I was thinking of returning the gold or giving it to the disadvantaged. I made sure the bank I hit wasn't one that had struggling patrons or honest people. I feel most of those nobles or whoever stores their money there wouldn't miss however much was taken. It was only just a few bags, after all." After giving the statement however, she hesitates, as if thinking about something, and then shakes it off.

Time

November 11, 2022 14:37:15  #59

"A modern Robin Hood huh?  Lovely.  Look, Arcan...as much as I admire and understand what you did, you still broke the law and you're not doing anyone a favor.  The more you provide for the poor, the more they will become dependent on you and the less time you'll have to help yourself.  If you get caught, those who you were supporting will likely be arrested too and then their financial status will go back to what it was before you helped." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 11, 2022 21:50:12  #60

"Robin Hood? You are too generous." Arcan replies with a polite bob of her head, "I did it because... how do I word this without me sounding bad?... I did it because I was curious. Mostly. Serving others was at the back of my mind, but I try not to think about that stuff too much now. I'll return the gold to the bank. Anonymously."

Last edited by Time (November 11, 2022 21:50:42)

Time

Board footera