HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2022 01:31:39  #1

[Intro] A city filled with trade...

Within the financial district of a large city in the medieval sect stands a bank. Two stories tall, white-walled just like the other buildings in this particular part of the city.

The bustle of people are accompanied by the talking of business, trade, and commerce, all of which compose sea of voices. The clinking of coins and goods passing through hands accompany the life. One of the most busy places in the city, this district-

CRASH!

Out from a shattering window from the second floor of the bank emerges a cloaked figure, sacks slung around their waist, coins dropping out from within due to the impact which land onto the cobble below with the same clinks that sound when trade commences.

The figure skillfully lands and rolls out the fall, pushing out into a full sprint almost instantly after completing their landing. They are soon tailed by city guards and the clanking of their armor, commanding the thief to halt.

The many bystanders see the action and quickly dip out of the way. But you're no bystander, are you? What do you do?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 27, 2022 09:02:32  #2

Re: [Intro] A city filled with trade...

Crimson looked towards the action and told the teller that he would be right back and he put his hood up and smiled.  "Took life long enough to send something interesting my way..." he told himself and began to trail after the figure, moving quickly past the guards.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 27, 2022 21:21:31  #3

The hooded figure quickly looks back, and continues to dart away, picking up the speed.

As they approach a large busy intersection, a large wagon blocks the path. The thief easily bypasses it, grabbing onto the side to throwing their momentum over, rolling into the crowded intersection and disappearing.

It's some time until they're spotted again, indicated by yelps from commoners who are pushed aside or move away. The thief seems to be slipping into an alleyway not far off from the intersection, still in a full run.

Our guards seem to be lagging behind, but you can't blame them. This thief, on top of wearing no heavy armor, unlike our guards, seems to be very fast. Abnormally fast.

Time

October 28, 2022 01:05:50  #4

Crimson followed with ease, simply relying not on eyesight, but the aura the stranger gave off.  "For a lowly thief, the kid ain't too bad..." Crimson told himself as he reached for one of his kunai.  "And judging by the pace, looks like I have to distract the kid..." he said, imbuing the kunai with fire before throwing it across the wall, ricocheting it at the stranger's line of sight, hoping to catch it off guard.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 28, 2022 11:38:21  #5

The thief notices the kunai at the last moment, ducking their head under just in time. Because of the surprise, the did actually stumble for just a moment, but speedily recovered.

They look behind over their shoulder to see the source of the missile, before quickly pivoting and running down an even more narrow alleyway.

By now they seem to be traveling into more commoner districts, as the white stone of buildings start to be replaced by normal cobble and wood.

Crimson may have noticed that by now, this thief isn't really sporadically checking or looking for escape routes. They're either very calm and collected or they have a set plan.

Time

October 28, 2022 12:48:43  #6

Crimson quickly stopped to recover the kunai and sighed.  "Cat and mouse, except this one has a plan for once." he told himself and climbed onto some building roofs and began to search the streets for the thief.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 28, 2022 21:01:37  #7

For Crimson, it may seem like he won't be able to see the thief for a while. It looks like they're specifically  sticking to narrow alleyways that have things like shades, hangers, and other items that specifically block view from a higher angle.

They probably didn't think this specifically for Crimson or people running on rooftops, but maybe mores so for guards in watchtowers.

Or maybe it's the opposite, and they're blending in with the busy crowds in the main streets, and had ditched the cloak...

Which way could they have gone?? A more secretive route? Or one hiding in plain sight?

Time

October 28, 2022 21:59:11  #8

Crimson, jumping across roof after roof searched for the faint traces of the thief's aura around the town, some areas weaker than others, he knew that a thief would likely blend into heavy crowds.  For even the most secret of areas were going to have light traffic, thus an easier culprit to find.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 29, 2022 19:26:04  #9

Aura huh, ok ok, gotcha.

Crimson  could definitely sense the thief to be somewhere in the crowds of the people. Somewhat close by the city square. He was correct in his judgement.

Last edited by Time (October 29, 2022 20:00:21)

Time

October 29, 2022 22:19:32  #10

Crimson looked around the crowds, surprised how dense it could be, he had quite a hard time locating the thief.  "Damn it...lost in a sea of my own making..." he scolded himself and concentrated on crowd by crowd of the thief.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 30, 2022 20:06:28  #11

(Yknow what... lemme just...)

Marsh finds themselves amongst the crowds of a medieval sect city. The very same crowds that the thief had disappeared into. For the moment their wings are gone so they'd appear as just any other mortal. Even if their clothing is odd for the time period (sect culture? Whatever it's supposed to be called).

Their purpose was to travel and perhaps buy something vintage from an antique store that they could study and paint. Perhaps this simple traveler would notice something gone amise in the crowd.

(I just need an excuse to fetch them out of the basement)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 30, 2022 21:41:12  #12

As Crimson skims the crowd, they do spot someone with perhaps a similar aura.

That same person bumps into Marsh's shoulder when bypassing them, "Oh, apologies!" She says, "I'm in a rush, sorry for that."

Time

October 30, 2022 23:07:22  #13

Crimson picks out a kunai off his thigh and imbues it with a gold aura and "locks on" to the aura.  "Judgement shall strike your heel and trip you if you are judged." he said and threw the kunai at the aura.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 31, 2022 00:42:04  #14

Oh, I should describe our mystery person here, I was worried that it might've changed Crimson's actions but I remember he is blind, so it it all good.

The figure that bumps into Marsh seems to be a young woman. How do we know this? She has no cloak. Well, in fact, she has no large backs of coin or anything indicating of a robber. She looks to be a traveler of some sort with a bow slung over her back.

For convince sake, lets say from Marsh's viewpoint, they can see this dagger whistling to the girl while she was preoccupied in apologizing... can they do anything? Will they do anything?

Time

October 31, 2022 08:07:33  #15

Thankfully, Marsh's reflexes are quite sharp so he takes the first thing in his hand and uses that to block the oncoming weapon. He flinches at the thud and crinkle of metal hitting paper, his sketchbook is definitely ruined now. "Hey, are you ok? I think someone just tried to throw a knife at your head?" The worry in his eyes is clear as day. He briefly glance over at where the weapon came from to try and find the attacker.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 31, 2022 09:10:15  #16

Crimson looked down at Marsh and crossed his arms.  "You've interfered with judgement." he said.  "Then I shall judge you." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 31, 2022 09:49:11  #17

"Judgement?" For some reason that seems to hit a nerve, "and who are you to judge the life of another?" There's a flare of defiance in Marsh's eyes but also a hesitance to make any moves.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 31, 2022 13:26:35  #18

Crimson gave a wicked smile to Marsh, a smile that seemed to defy a god himself.  "Judgement shall befell you.  It shall be done to everyone.  Anyone who defies it shall suffer by my hand." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 31, 2022 15:57:06  #19

The woman looks up to Crimson nervously, "What are you talking about?" She asks, her voice trembling. She somewhat stood behind Marsh as she did so. "Who are you? What are you doing?"

Time

October 31, 2022 16:32:29  #20

Crimson took a small bow and laughed.  "Crimson.  The Kyng of fire and judgement.  Please to meet your acquaintance.  Now I would suggest you put back what you have taken." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 31, 2022 16:41:07  #21

Marsh dislodges the kunai from their sketchbook, very briefly checking the damage has been done and trying not to cut their fingers on the sharp blade. "Sir, you're clearly very powerful, no doubt to that, but I think maybe we can all sit down and have a nice chat? Perhaps there's been a misunderstanding?" Their voice is sincere as they try to de-escalate the situation. Logically, they know that the girl most likely did something to upset someone who's probably a deity but also, there's not a lot Marsh thinks warrants death or even physical injury. In their eyes, the girl is clearly the victim here, justified or not.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 31, 2022 20:23:38  #22

Crimson looked at the woman and Marsh.  "You're avoiding me.  Rather well.  I'm impressed." Crimson told the woman.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 1, 2022 02:26:11  #23

"Please, I do think you have me mistaken for someone." She reiterates, "My name is Arcan Rhind. Maybe you've gotten me mixed up?? I was just in a rush to get somewhere... did I do something wrong?"

Time

November 1, 2022 08:15:06  #24

Marsh wonders if they were free to leave yet. Normally they'd avoid conflict, but when conflict hits you in the face well they can't just ignore someone who needs help. Marsh decides to stay a little longer just to make sure no one is getting hurt.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 1, 2022 08:58:18  #25

"I'm not mistaken by you Ms. Arcan.  In truth.." Crimson stops and thinks a moment before climbing off the roof into the streets and clearing a way to the two.  "you're chased by guards earlier.  That's why I followed you." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 1, 2022 15:34:14  #26

Well, on the note of Marsh being unsure to leave or not, Arcan subtlety tugs on Marsh's coat. Maybe it's an implication to come with or something?

Arcan, whether or not that actually happened, still completely denies the allegation with a shake of her head, "Can we at least talk somewhere more private?" She asks.

Time

November 1, 2022 16:17:25  #27

Crimson looks at Marsh for help.  "I'd ask your friend here.  I've just got here and been wandering around." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 1, 2022 20:22:44  #28

Something in Marsh softens at the tug, fine just this once. "Bakery." They declared, "There's this wonderful bakery just down the street, we can all sit down and have a nice civil chat." Even if Marsh wasn't the most familiar with this city, they at least know a few locations having stayed here for a day or two. As for the reason behind choosing the bakery, well maybe they're just a little bit hungry.

(unless Time has a specific location in mind)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 1, 2022 20:50:23  #29

Crimson focused on his Limiter and clenched his fist over it, keeping it steady.  "That is fine by me.  But one of ya are gonna have to guide me.  I'm clearly not very good at crowds..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 1, 2022 21:05:22  #30

((A bakery is fine))

"Oh, the one down the street? I think I know of the one you're talking about..." Arcan makes her way down to it, probably in tandem with Marsh, so it doesn't look too much like she's trying to get ahead to run away or something.

She looks to Marsh, "Thank you... what's your name? I'll have to repay you at some point..."

Time

Board footera