GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2022 20:42:25  #1

[Intro] A column of smoke rises into the sky

(aka, marsh still couldn't avoid the temptation of arson)

The source of the smoke is coming from a forest, specifically the forest's edge. The flames are not too out of hand yet, but definitely a decent enough size that it'd be hard for one or two people to deal with. There are a couple of magical rain clouds floating around, putting out the bulk of it and trying to keep up with the pace at which the fire is spreading.

Standing before the scorched trees and flickering flames is two figures. A shimmery, translucent, dome surrounds them. Some kind of shielding spell that's keeping out all the smoke and fiery debris. One of them looks clearly annoyed, there's a coronet on his head indicating he's royalty or at least a noble. The other guy looks like some random dude you'd find in the medieval sect, waving his hands around almost frantically. If one were to get within earshot of the two, they'd be able to hear an argument:

"...accident ok! You know I'd never, set a forest on fire... on purpose."

"Pat, you are not nearly idiotic enough to accidentally start a forest fire."

"Look, I'd say I'm pretty stupid and this is-"

"Patil."

"Leon. Point is, not on purpose, nuh uh, can't blame me."

The guy wearing a coronet, Leon, just sighs and shakes his head, "No one. Accidentally. Sets off a firework. Near a forest. On the driest day of the year Patil."

"Yeah! Well maybe I'm the first!! Have you considered that princey!" Patil looks like he just made the best comeback of the century. Leon is so done right now.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 15, 2022 20:37:14  #2

Re: [Intro] A column of smoke rises into the sky

((Heads up I do know this thing is here, I'm just thinking who to use bc I've been using a few characters over and over again))

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 16, 2022 20:38:29  #3

((Sadly I've stared at my reasonable options and I've realized that I'm very limited and I need to send in my new characters for intros at once.))

"Excuse me," A strong voice calls out in order to get the two's attention, "What are you two doing?" The voice was almost intimidating in how firm it was. The keeper of this voice eventually revealed itself when a  taller young woman with brown hair in light armor stepped out from behind the trees and other foliage.

She looks to the smoking fire and then the two men with piercing amber eyes, "What is going on?" She asks them sternly.

Time

October 18, 2022 11:47:23  #4

((Ah le bruh))

Time

October 18, 2022 18:30:24  #5

(I not dead)

Patil turns to look at the newcomer. With a friendly, almost nonchalant grin he goes, "Why hello there. My name's Patil, and my companion here-" 
"Prince Leon of Taria." He interrupts, looking annoyed that Patil tried to introduce him. Leon actually did flinch slightly at her arrival, not used to being caught off guard. "My idiot of a servant here just set this lovely forest on fire. My spells are currently trying to put it out," he waves vaguely at the rainclouds floating about "I do advise you stay away from the smoke. Bad for your health."

Patil kind of fidgets, like he wants to say something but everything he wants to say right now would 100% not help the situation in any way.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 18, 2022 22:08:08  #6

((Yay))

She raises her brow, "So eager to give out your status as an heir to a throne? What if I was an assassin? A rival of your bloodline? To you?" She talks as if she was scolding or instructing, whether that just be out of her talk patterns, or just by habit, "Why so eager to reveal that sort of information when it seems it's just only you two?"

Time

October 19, 2022 08:51:50  #7

Leon looks startled and a bit offended. "Are you..lecturing me?" He sounds incredulous, "I'm sorry but, do I know you? As far as I'm aware, what I do with my title is none of your business."

Patil looks at thw stranger nervously. He tries to subtly jab Leon in the ribs to stop him from talking. "Ahem, forgive my lord for his harsh words." He interject smoothly, "Not the best talker you see, royalty and their arrogance and whatnot." This earns Patil a harsh glare, but Leon does stop talking. "That being said, could you be so kind as to spare us your name my fair lady." A polite smile as Patil dips into a slight bow.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 19, 2022 09:31:02  #8

***Seems like an opportune Time for me to join in to be honest, hope y'all don't mind.***

"FANG!  FLARE!  WHERE ARE YOU TWO?!" a voice roared through the forest as a man broke through the trees.  Crimson tripped out of the woods and fell to the ground and stayed there.  "Idiots...Flare better be takin' care of that pup..." he mumbled into the hard earth and sat up, looking at the small group in front of him and quickly jumped to his feet and assumed a fighting stance.  "More of ya?  Stop brinin' me here!" 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 19, 2022 15:28:10  #9

((It is public so you're good))

She shrugs, "That is very true. It is all but advice. You can follow it or not, and it may bite you later on based on the decision you make." She also makes a understanding nod to Patil.

"Luckly for you. I am not some sort of royal assassin. My name is Heaven. I serve under the deities Time and Chronos." She returns Patil's slight bow with one of her own, "Pleasue of meeting you. Your majesty." While the gesture sounded like Heaven was mostly talking and introducing herself to the prince, it was more likely she was addressing both of them with the bow, as she like she was following formalities with royalty, while also returning greetings with his servant.

--

As soon as Crimson busted out of the brush, Heaven swivled to face him, but at the same time kept the two others in per perspective, "I may not be an assassin, but this one may be. Why not you try again?" She looks to Leon as if implying to retry greeting himself to the newcomer. Now this might seem like a snide or passive aggressive way in poking at Leon, but Heaven seemed like she was genuine and not hostile in giving a second chance. Wow. Lecturing much indeed.

Time

October 19, 2022 19:45:12  #10

"What a lovely name Miss Have-" Patil was promptly interrupted by the random guy bursting through the trees. "Didn't think there'd be anyone in the wood. No no, I'm certain I made sure no one lived here." He's talking mostly to himself, shaking his head he smiles at the newcomer but there's a wariness in his eyes. "Well that was certainly an entrance. Flare? Is that a companion? I assume pup is referring to a pet of some kind. Should we be worried? Is this fire going to hurt anyone?" Despite his concern, Patil doesn't seem very keen on helping the newcomer. He goes to reach for the rapier by his side but is stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

Leon is very much annoyed at Heaven for the tone she's using, but for now decides to just ignore her. It's clear that this newcomer requires much more of his attention. The guy's body language has set off Patil's fight or flight, and as much as Leon loves a good healthy battle, he's running terribly low on magic. His hand rests on Patil's shoulder, hoping it's enough to calm him. "Bring you here? What makes you think we are the reason you are here?"

The magical rainclouds are still floating around, just doing their best. The fire is almost completely out and the clouds too are getting smaller.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 19, 2022 20:22:08  #11

Heaven just decides to inch a little over to the fire to just make sure it's extinguished by using some of her own ability to control fire with magic. To contain it to make sure it doesn't spread and dies out. Of course, while she's doing this, this is more of a secondary thing, as she's mostly focusing on all the new acquaintances.

Time

October 19, 2022 22:20:04  #12

Crimson looked at the lot and began to shake slightly, not from fear, but pain.  He clutched his right shoulder and whispered something under his breath.  "Oi...do any of you got a clue how to use a Limiter?  Or is it really just my problem still?" 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 20, 2022 09:21:42  #13

The moment Leon realizes the newcomer is in pain, his expression turns into one of concern. He goes to move towards Crimson but is blocked by Patil.
"What are you doing?" Patil hissed, trying to keep his voice down.
"He's clearly hurt."
"What if he's faking it? We don't know anyth- Leo!"
Leon shoved Patil aside. As he approaches Crimson, he holds his hands up in a non-threatening way. The magical shimmery shield falls away. "I just want to help ok. I have healing spells if that's a physical injury, and that Limiter you mentioned, I'm not sure what it is but I can try to figure it out."

Patil is practically buzzing in his skin, its clear he's nervous but makes no moves to pull Leon away. Placing a hand on his rapier, ready for battle at the first sign of anything off.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 20, 2022 10:14:24  #14

Crimson looked at Leon and sighed.  "Rightfully assumed that I would be a danger, in a sense I am.  The Limiter isn't just a prosthetic, it's also a containment device of excess body heat that's absorbed into a small canister and turned into a usable source of energy and can be multipurposed as a grenade.  So ya know, I guess I am faking it in a way.  And you're healing spell isn't going to heal me unless you want a giant piece of metal fused to me, then you'll only be able to take away the bleeding.  The pain is caused by internal temperatures exceeding normal ranges, so I can in theory not only melt from the inside, but explode.  So help me as you wish." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 22, 2022 09:35:20  #15

Leon's brows furrow as he tries to comprehend all the information being given. "Right, so.. it's a temperature issue? If that's the case, I can try and find a spell to lower your internal temperature. It'll be a temporary solution of course but it should keep you stabilized for now, at least you won't be in risk of exploding or something of the sort." He takes out a book so thick it should be considered a tome, searching for the correct spell.

Patil decides that he absolutely does not want to watch Leon waste their time helping a random stranger who literally just admitted he's a threat. So he childishly stomps away and towards Heaven. He sighs loudly, leaning against a burnt tree and pouting.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 22, 2022 10:33:48  #16

Crimson looked at Leon oddly.  "You channel magic through books?  Like a tome?  Aren't those legends of old magic?" he said, curious.  "And on top of that, who's the grinch over there?" he said, pointing to Patil.  "Does the kid have something against me?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 22, 2022 20:34:07  #17

Leon looks up from his book and over at Patil. "Oh, just ignore him. He's in a mood." Returning to his attention to the book "The book itself isn't magical, actually it's just my journal. I write down all the spells I want to learn and use here, to practice and whatnot- ah found one for lowering internal temperature." He goes quiet for a few moments, carefully examining the text. "Alright, it says the spell should feel like putting ice on a wound but internal. Does that sound like it'll help? Or do you need something more straightforward, there are a couple of simple freezing spells here that maybe I can modify."

Patil wants to poke Heaven just to see if she'll react but instead decides on a more socially appropriate method of getting the attention of a stranger. "So, do you come here often?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 22, 2022 20:43:00  #18

Crimson looked at the book and looked up at Leon.  "May I see that book?" he asked.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 23, 2022 02:00:55  #19

Heaven would definitely not take kindly to poking her so good move on Patil. She looks over to him, "Here? Not often, no. But do you?" She asks.

Time

October 23, 2022 19:51:56  #20

The grip Leon has on his book tightens a bit, "Why do you want to see it?" Wariness creeps back into his expression, it's clear this book is something highly valuable to him.

"You probably wouldn't believe me, but I do not. in fact, often visit supposedly abandoned forests." Patil responds with a humorous tone, "Funnily enough, my day to day life is spent in a palace, helping a certain prince run his principality. We're only out here because he wants to go see what's outside of Taria, and well of course I can't let him travel alone." Then he leans in, as if telling a secret "Just between the two of us, Leo's outdoor survival skills are terrible. I would be surprised he hasn't been mauled by a bear yet, if I'm not also on this trip."
Patil does try to keep eye contact with Heaven, since that's considered respectful in a conversation, but his gaze keeps slipping over to Crimson and Leon. The hand on his rapier does not move.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 23, 2022 19:57:34  #21

Crimson looks over at Patil and opens his right eye and looks at the rapier.  "Unsheathe that blade and you'll be the one that doesn't survive..." he said and grinned slightly and drew his attention back to Leon.  "Well I don't physically need the book, I just need to know the spell.  I don't know if magic is different from this world compared to mine.  So it's possible that your magic is deadly compared to my worlds.  I mean no ill intent, I just need you to simply explain the spell." he said and sighed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 24, 2022 19:50:11  #22

Leon seems even more apprehensive after Crimson's comment to Patil. "Right, right. You're not from this world so the magic might be wonky." He states simply, digesting the information and trying to gloss over the blatant death threat "In that case maybe..." His voice trails off as he becomes lost in thought.

Patil's grip on his weapon tightens slightly before he grits his teeth and lets it go. "It seems we've gotten off on the wrong foot." He says, smoothly walking over to Leon and Crimson. As he pass Leon, he takes out a pencil and hands it to the prince. Leo quietly thanks him and starts scribbling some things down in his journal. It's clear that Patil is trying to put on a kind smile but none of that kindness quite reaches his eyes. "I'll admit, I may have misunderstood you mister...?" The end of his sentence trails up like he's asking for Crimson's name.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 24, 2022 20:56:38  #23

Crimson kept his focus on the book and ignored Patil.  "Crimson Kasaki.  Do keep your blade where it belongs unless you plan on using it.  I'm sure you both already can tell I'm a weapon of sorts and you're not wrong.  But I assure you I'm not going to hurt anyone here....unless...someone provokes me." he said, referring to Patil and quickly putting his hand on his own sword.  "And if that someone thinks they will strike first, I would warn them to not even try.  Your blades aren't built strong enough to hold against my steel.  I may be blind, but I'm not a fool.  This is your warning." he finished and took his hand off his hilt and put his hand in his pocket.   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 26, 2022 15:22:19  #24

Patil rolls his eyes and, in the most dramatic way possible, takes his entire weapon including the hilt and throws it away. It skids a bit which somehow makes everything look even more dramatic "There, happy?" His smile is so insincere now and he's not even trying to hide it.

"Drama queen," Leon snorts.
"Me? The drama queen? Have you seen-"
"Shut up." Leon slips the pencil back into Patil's pocket as he returns his attention to Crimson. "Anyways, since we can't risk internal magic, how about external? Like an ice pack or something similar." 

Patil's eyebrows are raised slightly, his hand clasped over his chest in mock offense. His eyes move from Leon to Crimson then back to Leon, "alright, I see how it is..."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 26, 2022 17:58:28  #25

Crimson walked over and picked up Patil's sword and hands it to him.  "Only a fool throws away art.  Learn to appreciate your blade." he said and handed the sword back and turned his attention back to Leon.  "External magic could work, but I've no way of telling how hot or how cold my Limiter could get.  Both temperatures taken to extremes could damage it.  And since I'm clearly not in Arithnia, I wouldn't be able to repair much.  And while that's out there, my magic is limited since I draw it from flames, and clearly this world isn't always on fire."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 28, 2022 13:01:47  #26

Patil is very confused by this action. He doesn't understand why Crimson had just handed his weapon back. This confusion is quickly overcome by shock as someone sharply tugs on his jacket followed by the sound of fabric tearing. "Hey! What if that was vintage!?" He rounds on Leon.

"It's not." Leon takes the fabric and whispers an encantation. Four medium sized ice cubes appear on top of the cloth which he wraps up simply and tosses to Crimson. "There you go. An ice pack. It's the best I can manage right now."

Patil's eyes widen slightly as if he just recalled something important. He leans in, whispering something to Leon who just nods curtly.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 28, 2022 13:06:59  #27

Crimson catches the make shift ice pack and examines it a bit before setting it down and pulling at the forearm of his Limiter, revealing a small vial almost filled with blood red liquid.  He pushed the vial out and grabbed the ice pack and stared at it.  "Hey Leon?  Can you manipulate the ice into a liquid and fill an empty vial with it?  I want to test something out, but be at ready to remove the Limiter.  All you need to do it grab at the shoulder and press hard near the shoulder blade and it should release." he said, tossing a empty vial at Leon, along with the ice pack . 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 29, 2022 18:09:20  #28

Leon seems stunned, as he looks between the magical ice and the empty vial in his hands. "Uh, I- um." For some reason he was speechless, looking to Patil for help.

"Yes yes, uh not that we don't want to help." Patil's speech is slowed down, like he's choosing each word carefully, "but magical ice is magical, and these can't really melt. They'd just fade away as the spell ends you know?" Although Patil's expression gave nothing away, Leon has this relieved look on his face like he just dodged a bullet.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 29, 2022 22:16:36  #29

"What are you hiding from me?" Crimson said, opening his eyes, giving off a faint glow of anger.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 30, 2022 19:57:08  #30

Leon's eyes widen slightly. "Hiding? I- um-"

"We all have our own secrets Mister Crimson Kasaki. You won't object to my lord keeping a few of his own would you?" Patil, always the more articulate of the two, answers in Leon's stead. "The truth here is that Leo cannot turn this magical ice into magical water. Perhaps we can consider other options."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera