GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2022 08:02:37  #1

[INTRO]Reports of a giant worm were not exaggerated...

Yes, you read that right. Currently, in the faraway land known as forengard, specifically the medieval sect, a massive worm has been terrorizing the countryside. It's roughly as wide as a small house and as long as a skyscraper, and it's been eating people, houses, cattle, and whatever else it happens to run into. As a response to this, a bounty request has been placed on it by a neighboring kingdom. Maybe you're here to collect the bounty, or maybe you're here out of the goodness of your own heart. However, you are here, sitting on a hill, waiting for the worm to show, and so is a tall, hooded man. Ready for a hunt?

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 22, 2022 01:50:27  #2

Re: [INTRO]Reports of a giant worm were not exaggerated...

((Hm... I'm thinking of which mortal to use, I think I need more mortals...))

A pair of two Time mages stand waiting.

"Remember, we're just here to learn the situation and if there's any abnormal magic readings." one calls out to the other. Heaven looks to him.

The other was kneeling, eyeing the environment, "Yeah yeah. I know." Neer uses his surveying magic to get a sense of the beings in the area. Actually, how many bounty hunters were there?

"Do you think it was a good idea to bring him?" Heaven asks as she looks then to a young boy by them, Cuthwolf, who's keeping an eye on the terrain as well, "It's dangerous here."

"Well, at some point he needs some experience with the outside world. He can't be always sheltered." Neer shrugs, "I don't see why not now. Plus, no combat... right?" He grins and looks back up to her.

Heaven sighs.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 22, 2022 11:49:04  #3

There are about 15 bounty hunters in total, counting the hooded one, and there appears to be no one else. Off in the distance, the ground shakes a bit, and a few hills appears to vanish into the ground. The hooded man unsheathes a strange, chainsaw bladed weapon from his back and seems to start checking it over, slightly adjusting the chain and inspecting the ripcord on the handle.

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 23, 2022 00:28:22  #4

"That's big." Neer notes as he eyes the hills disappear from sight.

Cuthwolf is quietly eyeing the movement as well.

Heaven notices the chainsaw blade, and looks to the man. She makes a few steps closer to him, and says, "While this isn't the most pressing matter, have you ever considered the revealing on unfamiliar technologies to those not aware of sects? What it might do?" She stands in a way that she can look the man in the eyes, but also has the last known location of the worm in view as well.

Time

September 23, 2022 11:28:50  #5

The man looks over at Heaven, then nods. "You have a point." He sheathes his blade, then looks out at where the worm was as well. "These people don't need to be any more afraid than they're going to be."

The ground begins to shake.

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (September 23, 2022 11:32:34)

Axel
I aten't dead

September 24, 2022 02:50:55  #6

Neer immediately takes notice of this and expands his range to see if he can sense the location of the Worm underground.  Is it looking to surface near the location of where everyone was? Or was it sinply passing through? He places a hand onto the grass floor and searches for the creature and any readings it may carry.

Cuthwolf scoots closer by Neer.

Last edited by Time (September 24, 2022 02:52:15)

Time

September 25, 2022 04:41:58  #7

The worm appears to be slowly making its way towards the party. There’s still some time for one or two bounty hunters to join, but it is beginning to move.

Axel
I aten't dead

September 26, 2022 12:05:32  #8

"I think it's time to get moving." Neer says as he stands up., and nods to Heaven, who nods back ushering Cuthwolf to back up a bit to predict where the Worm will erupt.

Time

October 3, 2022 14:23:15  #9

(Bump)

The worm suddenly vanishes from the horizon, and the ground stops shaking for a moment. It almost seems like it’s over. However, suddenly, it burst out of the ground directly in front of the group, devouring some of the bounty hunters that were standing further ahead. It leaps over the other group and starts moving aboveground towards the town off the the distance behind them. Yes, there is a town. I forgot to establish that. Moving on, as the worm makes its leap, the cloaked man whips his left arm towards it, and his arm extends, eventually reaching the worm and grabbing onto it. He then retracts his arm, and it pulls him towards it.

Axel
I aten't dead

October 4, 2022 15:10:01  #10

Huh guess like combat is unavoidable.

Well, looks like we'll be doing some chasing! Don't want any worms to tamper with the affairs of common townspeople, do we?

Heaven sighed under her breath and quickly rushed after the worm as well, murmering words to a spell she's preparing to cast.

"Come on! Let's go!" Neer calls to Cuthwolf, who gives a meek nod and dashes after him. He pulls out one of his handguns, which Heaven would probably be very dissatisfied with if not she was focusing on the Worm, and prepares to attack by scanning the Worm for any sort of weak spots he could hit.

Time

October 13, 2022 11:54:19  #11

(bumping this aggaiiin)

The worm has vulnerable spots all over it's body, but it is going to take a lot to actually bring it down, since it's a giant worm. The cloaked man pulls out his sword again, and to start, stabs it directly into where he's standing on the worm. It still doesn't show signs of stopping, but it starts moving more erratically in order to get him off it's back.

Axel
I aten't dead

October 13, 2022 22:44:31  #12

"Well. It seems like I'm pretty much useless in this situation. This is bigger than what I can handle." Neer admits as he dashes after the worm. He decides to holster his handgun, and decides to draw out his rifle from within the cloak he was wearing to keep his weapons hidden. Heaven would disapprove even more. He takes aim, and KAPOW! He starts unloading rounds into weak spots, particularly focusing on a few do direct more damage.

Heaven hears amidst the chaos the rings of a rifle, and frowns, but continues on with her spell, eventually casting.

The earth in front of the worm erupts and suddenly juts out in large spikes, looking to impale the worm.

Time

Board footera