GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2022 21:32:52  #1

[Intro] There's an ominous figure standing in front of a small shop

"Jerry's Shop of Bits and Bobs" written in large bright letters decorated the shop front. The ominous figure in question is covered head to toe by a cloak, not much is apparent about this stranger other than they're extremely tall, wide, and have horns of some sort judging by the two bulges in their hood. They're leaning against the side of the building, casually scrolling through a phone that looks small in their hands. Everyone who passes by makes sure to stay as far away from the store as possible.

After a few moments, a meek little man, practically shaking in his heavy duty work boots, comes out of the shop and hands the figure a simple looking scabbard before quickly scurrying away. They put their phone away, presumably into a pocket somewhere, and gets up to move.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 21, 2022 19:56:39  #2

Re: [Intro] There's an ominous figure standing in front of a small shop

Time strolls along in the (assumed) modern sect until he spots this scene. Interested, he makes his way to the shop, mostly looking to ask the shopkeep as to who is the huge figure, as it seems that most bystanders think the figure not the be very approachable.

I wouldn't know the chronology of the events happening, but I suppose it's likely that at some point, Time will pass by this huge figure, and can decide to interact with him as so.

If they decide not to, Time nears the shopkeeper and asks, "Who's the big person? Why's everyone so scared? Did they rob you or something?" he points a thumb back towards wherever the looming figure was moving off to.

((I feel that for my characters, Time is being used as deity-greeting service as of recent))

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 21, 2022 20:22:54  #3

The figure doesn't really pay any notice to Time at first, something is clearly on their mind.

The inside of the shop is very cozy feeling with lots of little trinkets and gadgets scattered around. It looks like a place adventures would get their fancy items, definitely not a common shop to see in the modern sect. The guy, Gered according to his name tag, has returned to his position in behind the counter, doing the usual chirpy "how may I help you" customer service voice with a big plastered fake smile. His expression falls when Time asks about the big scary deity, clearly he's trying to figure out if Time has any association with the aforementioned big scary deity.

"O-oh no, she's just a customer, I-I don't know her or what she does or..." He almost stutters his way through a whole sentence before something behind Time catches their eye. The cashier yelps and ducks under the counter. There's the sound of bells ringing, signaling someone has entered the store. 

It seems her deity senses has tingled and she's come back to the shop to meet Time. "I'm Nemesis, goddess of anger and revenge. Who might you be?" 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 22, 2022 02:05:26  #4

"Sorry sir, but the store has become a deity convergence point. " Time mentioned to the frightened employee behind the counter before promptly turning around to look up at Nemesis with a small greeting smile.

"Well, looks like you spotted me. Time, deity of magic and time." He nods. He then looks to the scabbard while motioning at it with a subtle move of his arm. "What's it for?"

Time

September 22, 2022 16:16:15  #5

Nemesis is hunching slightly even though her head probably wouldn't hit the ceiling if she stood up straight. She looks around, hand already going for the handle of the door. "Let's talk somewhere with less people." was all she said before she's out the door again. She glances back to check that Time is following her.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 22, 2022 19:20:42  #6

Time nods, "Sure" He follows her with a few paces behind her.

He turns for a quick moment to the counter, "Sorry about the interruption," he calls out before turning back forward to exit and follow after her.

"What's wrong with talking here?" He asks to her.

Time

September 22, 2022 20:59:00  #7

Nemesis walks at what most people would call a fast pace, not on purpose but just because her strides are longer. "You see the way mortals react, I'd rather not cause a disturbance." She stated simply, "Besides, it'd be irresponsible to pull a sword out in public space."

She does seem to know where she's heading, it's likely she's planned this route beforehand.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 22, 2022 22:07:13  #8

Time takes note of the planned route and the wish to not cause a disturbance from Nemesis. He places his hands in his coat pockets ask he keeps a brisk pace to keep up with her.

He then raises his brows on her comment about drawing a sword. Not really in shock but more in interest, "You're threatening me?" He inquires.

Time

September 23, 2022 14:08:45  #9

"Threaten? No no no... though I can see how my wording can come off that way." It didn't take long for them to reach their destination. A relatively empty park, bright green grass and cobbled paths. They stop by a wooden bench.

It's quite sudden the way a sword just appears out of nowhere, she grips the handle like it's something fragile. Carefully, Nemesis slips the sword into the scabbard, smiling when it slots perfectly into the sheath. "I just needed to make sure it would fit." She doesn't take a seat though she looks at Time as if expecting him to take one. "I'd like to talk for a bit, if you don't mind, it's been years since I've seen a deity."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 23, 2022 19:11:50  #10

"I don't mind." Time replies, however he doesn't take a seat.

"When you said you were the deity of anger, I expected someone more... angry. In aura and demeanor. In all truth. No offense."

Time

September 23, 2022 19:55:52  #11

"I'm having a good day." Nemesis shrugs as if that explained everything, it kind of did. "So is there any major deity news I should catch up on? Important events, people to save, people to kill?" Her eyes lit up at the word 'kill' and she looks a bit too excited about the prospect.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 24, 2022 11:18:22  #12

"Uhm. Well, first, what disconnected you from the normal deity world? And for how long? I can't answer if I don't know how long you've disappeared."

To be honest, I would think Time, as a deity of time would know things that are time related.

Time

September 24, 2022 20:31:26  #13

"Ah, time would be a major factor for a time deity, I should've known..." Nemesis doesn't seem too keen on giving the question a straight answer. She pauses for a bit, long enough to fasten the sword to her belt, adjusting her cloak afterwards just to have something for her hands to do. "As for now long, I'm not sure myself. Long enough to be forgotten, that's all I know. My memory's a bit fuzzy." Her smile is gone, replaced with a scowl. She stares daggers into the ground as if the earth itself has personally offended her.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 25, 2022 01:57:23  #14

"Ah... some memory loss. That's fine." Time murmurs to himself, "It does looks like that's a trend in deities."

"Well, let me think on it for a bit." He places his hand on his chin in thought, then looks back up at her, "I don't know which era of time you're exactly from, and I don't know who you would and would not know nowadays... but as of these days, Corrupted Deities are active. Were they around during your times?"

When he was pondering before he gave her his answer, it wasn't on what was the most recent events, but rather if Nemesis was a posed a significant threat to him as of current. Did she have ill intentions? Was she a Corrupted Deity trying to stay secret? Considering she's the deity of revenge and anger, there must be some level of risk at all times.

Time

September 25, 2022 13:42:14  #15

"Corrupted?" Nemesis echoed, she looks puzzled. "I'm not familiar with the title. Are they just evil deities? If so I suppose I'd count, with the whole anger, revenge, murder thing. Even if I do believe my intentions are never evil."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 25, 2022 14:47:22  #16

"They're deities who've had a seed of negativity implanted into them that have festered and corrupted them. Hence the name. Like an alter ego or another being that has forcefully taken over their body. I used to be corrupted, but I was able to expel my corrupted side. He has his own body now, though." He explains, "They're like opposites of the original deity, in some way. Like clones."

He thinks for a moment and then decides to correct himself, "But they're not clones. They have their own individuality and personality, and true emotions. While we original deities are at odds with them, and they often commit massacres and atrocities to further their goal of taking over Forengard, it's more complicated than just killing them and being done with it. Especially those who still are in control of the original's body. As for those who are separated from the original host, one-- I mean some, should be spared too. It's also complex."

Time

September 25, 2022 19:45:43  #17

"Massacres!?" She sounds outraged "And what, you can't stop them? If they're just homicidal opposite versions of deities, I'd assume they can't be that much more powerful than their original host. If nothing else, there must be ways to restrain them! There can't just be- the mortals deserve to live without having to worry about all this- all this- foolishness!" Nemesis snaps, fumbling over her words. The anger is almost palpable, and she tries to reign it in but that doesn't really work.

Taking a deep breath, she sighs "Sorry, sorry, I'm sure you're already working on it and I know less about the topic so I really shouldn't be talking about what I don't know... but it's just. It's so, I don't know, it just makes me so mad when I hear of anyone misusing their power."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 26, 2022 17:57:41  #18

Time doesn't really give a large reaction to Nemesis's outburst. He rather gives a small smile of understanding, which soon disappears to his normal neutral face, "No worries. I understand your reaction, and I think it's right and proper. In fact. I think it to be reassuring to know its something what makes you enraged, rather than nothing at all." He continues on, "I also think you do have a right to be unhappy with the current pantheon if you think our forces to be inadequate, it's just you'd better be ready to make improvements that are deemed useful."

He takes a few steps from the cobbled path into the green grass, then turns back around to face her, "As to misuse of power... I don't know if it's exactly the proper use of words."

Time

September 26, 2022 20:02:27  #19

Nemesis doesn't follow, stubbornly standing her ground. Somehow it's visible that they crossed their arms, even when the cloak covered everything up. "I'd consider any power used for mass massacre to be a misuse of power." There's heat behind her words as she practically spats the sentence out, it's clear she's a bit ticked off at being 'disagreed' with. "Either way, whatever you want to call it, I'm always willing to offer my assistance. I can't just walk away from this now that I know what's going on." 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 27, 2022 01:01:07  #20

Time shakes his head, "From their perspective, they think they are in the right place, and using their power for it's intended use. No misuse there. Sure, from our perspective, it may be misuse, but that's because only we use our powers differently. They've used their power only in one way, and one way only. That is to harm. Well, most of them, anyways."

He then haves his hand dismissively, "I'm getting sidetracked, whatever we call their usage of power doesn't matter. All it matters is that we're on the same side, right?"

Time

September 28, 2022 11:05:55  #21

"Yes, I suppose we are." Nemesis grumbles, she doesn't like taking sides but this situation seems pretty clear cut. "So, what's the plan? I'm assuming there is one, and preferably it involves me smashing a corrupted deity's head into the pavement." There's a flare of anger in her eyes, almost murderous.

(The thing is, with role-playing a violent character, is that I'm the least violent person ever so I feel bad for saying things, even though I'm not saying it Nemesis is.)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 28, 2022 22:01:12  #22

((I feel you on playing a character that isn't like you at all))

"Well, that's the thing. As far as I'm aware, we don't have much to go off of." He says, scratching the back of his head. "We don't have much information on them right now. They're hiding out and making their moves. I've sent out my servants in search of any leads, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet."

Time

October 1, 2022 19:49:10  #23

"Of course, of course, I shoulda realized." Some kind of accent is showing through, but it's not obvious enough to decipher. "Y'know what, I'm just gonna take a jog to let off some steam before I end up punching something I shouldn't." They take a deep breath, pausing "Actually, before that, contact information. Do you have a phone number? Email? Something like that?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 2, 2022 03:01:33  #24

Time nods, "Uhm, yeah. I don't mind giving you my phone contact." He says, pulling out a phone from one of his pockets and tapping it a few times before stepping up closer to her and offering it out to her, whether it be to take it and enter in her contact info or to add a number into her phone.

Time

October 2, 2022 20:35:40  #25

Nemesis clumsily types the number into her phone, her hands clearly too big for the device. "Thanks, I'll see you around." She says curtly, speed walking away before breaking out into a run.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 3, 2022 17:56:39  #26

Time stood and just watched Nemesis speed away with a somewhat odd look upon his face. More or less wondering probably why she was running off.

Time

Board footera