HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2023 02:45:43  #61

Re: [PLOT] What time is it? It's Anatina time!

Things were spinning out of Prospero's control. It was clear they were starting to drop pretenses now, and he ached to have one of his knives in his hand. He knew how that would go over, though. No sense in being the one to tip the scale into something physical that he likely wouldn't win. Still, he couldn't help the little sparks of lightning that crackled between his blackened fingers as the Corrupted Deity stepped forward. He stuffed his hands deep into the pockets of his scorpion coat as he briefly dipped his head in the god's direction.

"Oblivion." King Prospero greeted flatly, eyeing him with more than a little wariness.

Huck's growl deepened as the leaves along his back rose like hackles, the sound reverberating through the throne room.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxx|

The ball of water didn't have time to offer any visual agreement before the shadows enveloped it, but it seemed very intent on escaping and Ark's request would be respected... probably. Its behavior had grown increasingly agitated as it quickly began to cycle between forms. A chunk of ice, a thick cloud of steam, and back to water again at blinding speeds as it continued to rail against Dust's restraints.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 25, 2023 10:12:52  #62

"Let me dethrone this man.  He cannot be fit to rule with such...crazed views.  Huck, you're right.  No wonder I felt off about this king.  Please grant me the authority to judge him if you so wish me to.  Other than that, I shall be on standby." Crimson kept an eye on the king as he spoke to them, watching his every move.  "Like every ruler, we all have our secrets.  Some more than others." he told the king.  "But I wonder what secrets you hold in this rotting wall of greed." 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 25, 2023 11:34:55  #63

((Wait Oblivion’s eye color isn't orange??? Oops poops lol I guess he did then))

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 25, 2023 21:28:27  #64

The shadows in the building continue to block any attempts of escape by the water, but something's definitely... distracting Dust. The shadows are looser than they should be, allowing Figura a chance of escape even without Ark's help.

The thing distracting the shade becomes obvious, as the darkness in the throne room grows. Shadows begin to ooze in violent power, as the guests draw the attention of The Wolf. It might hope that this is enough to frighten them back into place,  or it might be taunting them to try something while its ire is focused. It's difficult to tell with a faceless being whom's not even fully present.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 26, 2023 06:31:44  #65

Ark finally stops moving, and cracks his knuckles. “Alright, let’s get this over with.” He snaps his fingers, and about 57 different magic circles all connect, and begin to spin, emitting a massive amount of light, while Ark also begins to disperse the shadows. “Let’s hope this isn’t too bright.”

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 28, 2023 06:05:10  #66

I am not sure starting a fight in the king's throne room is what a diplomatic party is supposed to do. Huck said, his ears dropping slightly. As much as he wanted to crush the monarch between his teeth, that route wasn't going to solve the heart of the issue. What would stop the Corrupted Deities from replacing Prospero with another, possibly worse leader?

The king scowled, his hands balling into fists in his pockets as he regarded the group with open disapproval. "Anatina opened its gates to you with the understanding that you were here under a peaceful inquisition. You have done anything but. I do not have to listen to you question my ability and fitness to rule. I believe your time here is no longer productive or worthwhile. I have told you all I know at the moment."

He noticed the deepening shadows throughout the throne room, a fact that bolstered his confidence. The guards alone likely would not have been enough to oust the group by force, but now he had not one but two deities with their eyes on the situation. "I believe it best for you to leave. Perhaps we can reconvene at a later date."

"We are not going!" Huck snarled. He took a threatening step forward, but his leg suddenly buckled under the weight and his shoulder slammed into the floor, pulverizing the stones beneath. The injury on the Bushbeast's leg from when the man at the Clocktower had been overcome by the poison was back. The newly-grown bark and sap that had covered it was gone, replaced by dark, rotting wood that crumbled away, nearly identical to the wound he had sustained before. It was visibly growing, slowly creeping up the creature's leg as some of the leaves nearest to it wilted and began to fall off of his body in large clumps.

"Oh dear, that's quite frightening. Are you alright?" Prospero asked, his voice devoid of any kind of urgency or concern. He watched the Bushbeast struggle to stand with the same kind of detached curiosity as one would have watching a beetle stuck on its back. "It appears you might have contracted the disease affecting our crops. I have my brightest minds set on trying to counteract it, but they unfortunately have yet to make any headway on a cure. I imagine that may require some divine intervention." his expression turned into a strained smile as he turned his attention to Heaven. "Send the pantheon my regards."

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

With Dust's attention elsewhere and Ark's magic driving away the shadows, the water was finally making some headway. It concentrated all its force into a single point and drove into its restraints a final time, breaking through the shadows with a thunderous crash as the water lost its shape and flooded onto the floor. No sooner had it hit the ground then it rushed out of the hole Ark created onto the street outside as if shot from a cannon. 

Slowly, it began to move, forming itself into the shape of a man. As the water shifted into flesh and blood, his features became more clear. He was huge, well over six feet tall, and though a black cloak concealed most of his body, he was clearly sturdily built, though it was likely he was thinner than he was supposed to be due to his confinement. A large broadsword was strapped to his back, as well as a shield emblazoned with Anatina's ouroboros crest. A wide scar sliced horizontally across his nose, oddly symmetrical as it stopped below the middle of his eyes, dark green with goatlike pupils. Those eyes were only visible for a moment before they rolled back into his head and he fell to his knees, violently coughing up water.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 28, 2023 20:32:36  #67

I agree. Heaven chimes in, noticing the darkening of the room, We're in enemy territory, and without Ark here, I don't think we'll have even footing. She scowls at Oblivion.

---

Oblivion simply eyes her back, and glances over the others. He takes off the guard's helm, placing it on the table where Prospero's map was. When he does so, he gives some sort of smile in a way of greeting the king, before turning around to face the others, narrowing his odd eyes particularly at Crimson.

---

Heaven takes a breath in, and a breath out before responding, "Very well, King Prospero." She gives a bow before motioning the others to leave with her

We should find Ark and leave as soon as we can. It looks like this environment may be taking it's toll on you, Huck.

Time

January 29, 2023 05:15:52  #68

Ark walks out of the building and over to the dude on the ground. “Oh good, you’re alright.” He looks around, locating the souls of his party, and noticing Dust’s presence. “Oh great, now he’s on the agenda.” He leans down and taps the guy on the shoulder. “You able to move? Cause the guy who trapped you looks like he’s gonna make a move soon, and you might not want to be here when he does.”

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 29, 2023 10:21:47  #69

(oh boy i'm pretty sure that's a triple misgendering, no wonder dust hates ark)

After Figura managed to escape, the shadows willed by Dust fell back into place. It feels unusually brighter than it should be, but that's just because it was so dark inside that building before. The pair are no longer being watched by Dust, deemed unimportant.

Now able to focus on solely one thing, Dust's presence is almost palpable. But still the shade does not appear, it will make its entrance when it deems such a thing necessary.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 29, 2023 12:38:14  #70

As Crimson felt Oblivions gaze, he looked up and met his gaze.  His eyes almost told him "One wrong move.  That's all you get." 

"That guard...the king...what else could I kill?" he told Heaven.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 30, 2023 02:41:43  #71

That "guard" is Oblivion, corrupted deity of the void. And I don't think he's the only other deity present in this room right now Heaven responds with a tense edge in her voice, eyeing the lengthening shadows, I haven't ever come in contact with it before, but If I remember what I've studied, I think it's Dust.

Don't you dare think about getting into a fight right now. We leave, and come back when we actually have a plan.

She looks over to see if Huck needs help standing, and attempts to (somehow) assist if need be.

----

Oblivion continues locking his eyes on Crimson, and yet another small smile tinges on the edge of his face, "Say. You don't look familiar. Who are you?" He cocks his head to the side and points.

Time

January 30, 2023 03:03:42  #72

I think I will be okay for the moment. Huck leaned on his injured leg experimentally and a large chunk of rotten wood immediately fell off. I can halt the progression of the rot, but I cannot reverse it. And I agree. I do not think we are welcome here anymore.

With a final snarl in the king's direction, the Bushbeast turned and limped out of the throne room, leaving a trail of fallen leaves in his wake.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

King Prospero watched the group retreat silently. Seeing the look the two deities were exchanging, he moved his hands behind his back instead-- he didn't want anything breaking out in his throne room, let alone brawling deities, but if anything were to happen it would be better for him to have his hands free. 

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

The man flinched away from Ark's touch with an odd noise, still coughing up water. He took a moment to collect himself before he was able to respond. "Thank you. I... I can stand," he rumbled, slowly getting to his feet. For having formed from a puddle, he was bone dry, and was recovering rather quickly. He looked around for a few seconds, peering into the fog, presumably to get his bearings. "I recognize the well system in these streets. This is Anatina?" he glanced over at Ark though it wasn't really a question he was looking for an answer to. If the god was still searching, it would have been fairly obvious that the source of the magic energy he had tracked here was standing right in front of him.

He made a scooping motion in the fog in front of him. It stayed in his hand, formed in a rough sphere. He held it up close to his face with a deep frown. "This shouldn't have stuck around this long. Spell component must have gone bad somewhere along the line..." he muttered to himself. He released the fog and waved the same hand and as he did so, the fog around them thinned ever so slightly. 

"Gods above, I can't imagine living in a cloud bank for so long." he chuckled, which triggered another coughing fit for several moments. At least he wasn't spitting up water anymore. When he got his breath back, he looked over at Ark again, this time with suspicion. "I would normally be a bit more gracious to a rescuer, but you'll have to forgive me. Who are you and what do you want?"

Call me Ishmael.

January 30, 2023 06:18:45  #73

(i'm so sorry, it's so hard for me to remember to call dust it)

"I'm Ark, resident slightly insane god of magic, souls, and shadows. At the moment I want a moderately warmed chocolate croissant." Ark thinks for a moment, then looks up, as if noticing something. "I also would like an explanation. Why'd it trap you inside that building? What's with the weird water powers?"

Axel
I aten't dead

January 30, 2023 11:16:06  #74

Crimson ignored Oblivion and shot the king a menacing glance and almost reached for his sword.  "Are you sure I can't cut these...false monarchs down?" he asked Heaven.  "I would gladly cover for an escape route for you all."   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 30, 2023 12:01:07  #75

Dust makes an appearance now, towering over the others still in the throne room. It wears its bronze wolf mask, the only warning it'll offer for the start of a hunt. Red power echoes from within its armour, and a drop of its vile blood drips out of the teeth of The Wolf. It holds up a hand, and slowly puts a claw down. It's giving Huck's group a headstart, before it begins to hunt them out of the city.

January 30, 2023 13:30:24  #76

Ark senses Dust's appearance, and grimaces. "On second thought, I'd like you to get out of here. As fast as possible, ideally. Once It's done over there, It's probably gonna come after you, and you don't want to have to deal with It."

Axel
I aten't dead

January 31, 2023 03:03:14  #77

"We don't need an escape route. Yet." Heaven's voice (or is it thoughts?) is growing stern, "If you want to worry about an ambush, I predict it happening outside the walls. It's easier to pin other causes of death in neutral ground rather than in the city walls."

"Plus those who would be hunting us if a situation would happen would be likely be those birds. They'd likely think it advantageous to attack in the open rather than the city. The main priority is leaving here as a group, and finding Ark.
"

Heaven bows to the King and makes her way after the Bushbeast, "Join us, Crimson. We're done here." She says outloud.

----

"Why are you ignoring me? Are you dull in the head or something??" Oblivion asks Crimson.

Time

January 31, 2023 03:08:44  #78

Outside the throne room, the nobles that had been milling around the courtyard earlier were suddenly nowhere to be found. However, there was some movement behind the windows that looked into the area. The group was obviously still being watched.

The birds that had accompanied the group into the courtyard were standing, waiting for the them. They were radiating heat now, not hot enough to scald, but the air visibly rippled near their bodies. Gevar had arrived as well, still in her human form, arms crossed, leaning against a tree. She did not looked pleased. 
"I thought I told you not to cause trouble," she called to the group. "The flock says you've managed to rile up some civilians and judging by the looks of ya, you did the same to His Majesty. You get to waltz out of here and now I have to deal with the aftermath."

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Prospero stoically held the god's gaze. For someone who had been spouting how much respect he had for deities just moments ago, he sure wasn't acting the part. "If you'll excuse me, I have a kingdom to run." He didn't wait for a reply before he turned away from Crimson and strode back to the table he had been at before the group had arrived.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

"A deity!" This was highly amusing to the man, but the flash of sharp, serrated teeth paired with his smile looked more like an animal showing its fangs. His grin faded as he registered Ark's words. "What do you mean by 'over there'?" He started to look around, but sensing nothing in the immediate area only worsened his worry. "What is going on? Is it hurting people? We have to help them!"

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 05:18:04  #79

"It's another deity. Dust, to be specific. Heard of him?" 

Axel
I aten't dead

February 1, 2023 00:05:24  #80

Crimson vanished into a spiral of flame and appeared by Heavens side without so much as a goodbye to the king or Oblivion.  "You know better than I.  Now is not time to pick a fight.  But I do worry for this kingdom.  With such a odd king running his mouth and these people I dear for the worst."  Crimson's tone in his voice did not match his regular speech pattern.  "And that man, Oblivion.  If he dares to place a hand on me or anyone else, may I have permission to subdue him?  And with specific orders, and dare I say, kill him if needed."  

Crimson closed his eyes and let part of his mind wander into the area, making a mental map of the city's layout and possible advantages and escape routes in case a fight happens or needs to be escaped.  "Fear brings a man to his knees, but inspires determination to overcome such challenges that cause it..." he said out loud to Heaven.  "Do we cause this in the people around us?  With such powerful beings in a tight space."  Crimson stood in front of Heaven and looked at her with eyes filled with brilliant gold.  "Or it is something else?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 1, 2023 00:54:24  #81

(ark has now officially been responsible for exactly half of january's misgendering of dust)

Dust has now ended the countdown, and The Hunt begins. It begins to walk, and then it disappears. It reappears in the courtyard, behind the group. It has a broken sword in its hand, and gray flame erupts from and around the blade to form the rest. The shadows deepen, and a drop of its vile ichor sizzles onto the ground, bubbling and then disappearing in steam. Where it fell is now stained in black, and looks battered. The Wolf continues its approach, and the metal of its boots clink coldly off the brick underfoot.

February 1, 2023 02:33:53  #82

((Silly Ark))

Oblivion watches them leave with a smile. He even gives a little wave goodbye. After they disappear from sight, he turns to face Prospero, arms crossed, "I wish I could have fought that new guy. He looks different from your standard Forengard person"

He then notices Dust trailing after the group, and starts pondering if he could do just that.

-----

Heaven shakes her head, with a exhale, "I do not know. But it goes both ways, I think."

She then looks to Gevar, thinking of something to say to shoot back, but she decides against it, as it could turn up the heat for her group, or endanger those civilians. Rather, she thinks of how to find Ark.

She then looks back to spot Dust, slowly exhales again, and then says to both Huck and Crimson, "We should get moving. Looks like someone is already after us."

Time

February 1, 2023 03:37:56  #83

Juggling 4 characters time))

"Do what you like, Oblivion, as long as it doesn't come back to me. I've an image to maintain." Prospero slumped into his uncomfortable-looking throne, rubbing his face in his hands with a deep sigh. A year of being relatively undisturbed, only for the TALKING Bushbeast that dragged the previous king underground (presumably to his death, but now Prospero wasn't so sure) to randomly show up at the gates, sent AND accompanied by deities to pester him about his title? It was like someone plucked separate nightmares out of his mind and mixed them together in the worst way possible.

He allowed himself to sulk for a moment longer before he stood and began to pace, a slow, leisurely walk with his hands once again clasped behind his back. Things were much simpler when he could just strike anything that irked him with lightning and he didn't have to worry about diplomatic ramifications. 

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Gevar allowed Crimson's little monologue before she nodded pointedly in Dust's direction. "Not to ruin your fun, Dust, but I would rather not have to handle the fallout of the deaths of an entire diplomatic party in Anatina's walls. The flock can fly you--" a glance at Huck. "--most of you out of the city. You probably won't get burned if you don't wiggle too much."

The Bushbeast had already sunk halfway underground. "I will meet you in the fields," he declared to the group. "I do not want to be crowded again and I do not like heights." He grimaced before vanishing below the earth completely, the soil filling in behind him as if he was never there at all. It was safe to say he was not having a great time.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

"Yes, we've met." his contempt was obvious, but the kelpie had more pressing things to worry about than elaborating. "I assume you are not here alone? What are they doing that would cause it to divert its attention like it did?"

Call me Ishmael.

February 1, 2023 05:51:09  #84

(dammit not again

"I'm here with a few other deities, one tree, and some mortals. We came here to investigate, because the tree was suspicious. Then Dust showed up, really fudged up the entire plan, and now It's chasing after the others, and I think I'm gonna have to go beat the shadows out of it so everyone else can escape." 

Axel
I aten't dead

February 1, 2023 12:10:46  #85

Dust speaks, in its awful voice constructed of malice, "I did not plan to kill them within city limits. I was simply going to violently encourage their hasty retreat." With its fun thoroughly ruined, it decides to turn off the burning gray flame, and the sword disappears back into it. It will get to hunt messengers one of these days, whether Gevar allows it or not. "I will still... accompany these ones out of the city. To make sure they don't try anything, especially the one with the fire. He's quite the pissy one."

February 2, 2023 03:21:50  #86

Oblivion shrugs are rotates one of his shoulders, "Thanks for letting me know." He stretches out his legs before looking back out towards the courtyard, "Have any particularly exciting assignments?"

---

Heaven nods to Gevar, "Very well. We shall do just that then. Thank you." She occasionally checks Dust behind them. The shadow  certainly something to be weary about.

Time

February 4, 2023 03:45:24  #87

"For you? No. I have much to think about." Prospero suddenly stopped pacing and turned to face Oblivion. "Although... Heaven said they were representing the Clocktower. What do you know about it? That is Time's domain, isn't it?

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

"Fine by me." Gevar's flock mobilized and grabbed the group in their talons, surprisingly not accidentally hurting anyone in the process. They swooped up over the walls of the courtyard and began to fly them towards the outer walls of Anatina. They weren't high enough to break through the fog bank, but a fall from their height would not end well for most. Not that it was much of a risk-- the Stymphalian birds had a strong grip on their cargo and weren't struggling with the weight at all. 

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

"Any plan that involves beating Dust is a fine plan to me. Do you mind if I accompany you? I may not be much help in a fight in my current state, but I would like to ask you more questions. It seems we both want to know what happened in this kingdom."  The man's determined expression made it quite clear that it didn't really matter what Ark said. He was going to get involved somehow.

Call me Ishmael.

February 4, 2023 08:44:41  #88

“Alrighty then.” Ark starts running off towards the outer walls of the kingdom. “Keep up.”

Axel
I aten't dead

February 4, 2023 21:43:53  #89

"Eh. Despite Time being my clone, I actually don't know much other than what I've seen through his vision every now and then." He shrugs, "It's big on the inside. There's also a lot of magic stuff there. Oh, and the people there, well, some of them look interesting enough. There's not many of them BUT they're supposed to be elites and no pushover. Some of them looked to be apprentices and not as strong though."

"Their magic archive is huge. I'm sure you could find almost anything magic there... actually why are you asking? Specifically? I can give a specific answer if you wish my king."

Time

February 4, 2023 21:58:18  #90

Dust flies alongside the stymphalian birds and the guests, honestly fittinng in quite well with the flock despite its difference in shape. Its mask sinks into it, and the stark white grin appears once the mask has fully sunk beneath the surface. Dust does not actively turn its head to watch, but it does not need to.

Board footera