HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2023 12:28:42  #31

Re: [PLOT] What time is it? It's Anatina time!

"Fog?  Screams?  I have no much weakness.  I'm blind...." Crimson grinned from ear to ear.  "OH HELL YEAH!  I'M NOT IMPAIRED TECHNICALLY!" he roared and jumped for joy.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 1, 2023 16:31:48  #32

((Oh Zane I think that second part was for Ark's group since it's a divider thing there))

Heaven studied their new surroundings, a practical paradise in comparison to what was outside the castle gates. It would be hard to tell, but those who have seen her interact with others in the Clocktower that she is likely silently teeming with frustration of the status of the nobles.

If Time were in this situation, he'd be able to just ignore this and walk by, not really affecting him, but Heaven responds to their greetings, "Thank you. Everything here seems very beautiful and elegant. Say, how did you achieve your lavish status hiding behind these walls?" She asks, "Was it because of your amazing feats and merits? Your noble bloodlines and acts?" It has just the same level of thinly veiled contempt that the others gave Huck. I'm sure any noble could easily pick apart the insult.

Someone appears to be a bit self righteous. 

---

The cloaked mage that was following Ark hurriedly sprinted after him, cursing as to why they had to deal with this.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 1, 2023 22:05:38  #33

(Ah, indeed it would seem like it, my bad.  Thank you Time.) 

"I'm not too sure there is a hint of nobility to this air.  Maybe it's just me." Crimson chimed in and told Heaven.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 2, 2023 09:10:39  #34

((all good lol))

"Our 'lavish life' was hard-won. We have not been given this for the sake of tradition," one of them spoke up. The nobles immediately saw through Heaven's words for what they were, but they all maintained a strained politeness in their body language. At the end of the day, these people were sent by the pantheon, and it would be a fool's errand to treat them unkindly.

Except for one, who openly eyed the group with a contempt to rival the mage's. He was middle-aged, and though he seemed just as healthy as the others. But as he approached the group, it became clear he was walking with an elaborate, decorative cane. His clothing was simpler than the ones the other nobles wore, but the array of golden medals pinned to his chest that gleamed in the sun gave away he was a figure of some importance.

"Anatina was once a mighty kingdom with feared and respected warriors. It recent history, it has gone soft, driven by Queen Fortuna's instability and the meddling of a newly-created deity that was overeager and meddled in a conflict he did not understand. All of us have fought many battles, but we returned to a kingdom that scorned us and our efforts. We had lost friends, children, relatives, and were ignored in favor of brokering peace with those who killed them. When Ishmael died, his blessings over our fields were broken, and we were vulnerable to our neighbors who only allowed us peace because we were the lone nation that was able to supply food in this famine, and no army to defend ourselves."

Huck had stopped rolling in the grass and was watching the man, ears pinned flat to his head. "It may do you some good to speak of a fallen god with more respect. From what I know, this kingdom would not have survived without the intervention of Ishmael." 

The man smiled at the Bushbeast, but it seemed more like a sneer than anything else. "That may be true, but we'll never know for sure, now will we? Our situation was made even worse by Fortuna's son. A king with no experience in battle was not equipped to lead our kingdom in our time. We are fortunate that the deities sent the Blood Prince back to us to reclaim his birthright the same day that King Felix abandoned the kingdom and fled the territory. King Prospero respects us, the soldiers that fought alongside him all those years ago, and allows us to live the lives we deserve."

The man's expression suddenly changed to a more pleasant one. "But I forget my manners. I am Anatina's lead general. I merely came out here to tell you that the king is available for the audience you seek whenever you are ready." He offered the group a deep, mocking bow before heading off to one of the doors that lined the walls of the courtyard.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Ahead of Ark was another extremely normal building. The only reason it stood out was the silver filigree embedded in its facade, still barely visible in the fog. Its windows were shuttered, the coverings literally bolted to the window frame. Whatever this was, it certainly was not meant to be seen by outsiders.

((@Ash Figura is here, and I haven't fully figured out the logistics of his containment because how do you contain a kelpie that can turn into vapor, but Dust likely would have had something to do with it given that they have some beef with each other. Figura was off in Silverskies's domain during the coup so he would have returned after it had already happened and assumes Felix is dead. Do with that what you will))

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 2, 2023 10:55:25  #35

As Crimson listened to the tale, his breath became shaken and part of his clothes caught on fire.  "Of all things to happen...what kind of Kingdom would be established just to fall to mere mortals...I spit on your graves for letting such a simple problem be fixed...a god does not die easily.  Nor does a Kingdom chance in a day.  You failed to uphold your duties.  You could have changed all of that.  If I were in your place, then..." Crimson stopped himself and cursed the earth he walked.  "Your walls of prosperity failed due to sudden change and loss of a great power.  Why wasn't there a reserve plan in case such thing happened?" he said, questioning the noble.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 2, 2023 14:23:56  #36

Ark can likely feel that shadows inside the building were willed to Bind something. Wherever a gap might've existed in the structure seems to have been sealed in rigid darkness. As Ark got closer to the building, Dust's power surged in the shadows trapping whoever or whatever was in it. However, Dust seems distracted with something else; it'd be easy to assume it was that the other group is reaching the puppet king. Perhaps with the distraction Ark can release whatever was bound within.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 2, 2023 17:02:15  #37

Heaven seems to have noticed to have catch her self for a moment, and smiles, "Thank you, sir, we'll visit King Prospero now. We will learn much more of your 'hard-won lives'." She nods.

She turns around to face Crimson, "The theory to your answer is that they let it happen. Participated in the 'transitioning of power' if you know what I mean." She says, trying to avoid more confrontation than what just happened; making a snide comment was enough for her, "We should try to learn of it more in detail by traveling inside, yes?"

Time

January 2, 2023 18:24:02  #38

Ark studies the building, then walks over to one of the windows. He punches it in, then peers through, trying to see what's inside.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 2, 2023 20:26:01  #39

Crimson clenched his jaw and nodded.  "Right...lead the way..." he told Heaven...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 3, 2023 17:00:43  #40

Huck followed the others to the doors of the throne room. Mercifully, whoever built the castle had a penchant for large doors, so the Bushbeast was able to squeeze inside with the rest of the group. The throne room itself was quite extravagant, a long hall lined with pillars and stained glass windows. Not nearly as lively as the courtyard in front of it there were about half a dozen guards along the walls. They paid the new arrivals no mind.

At the very end was an elaborate throne fashioned out of some kind of metal and inlaid with precious gems. It didn't look very comfortable, which may have been confirmed by the fact that nobody was sitting in it. Instead, a tall, thin figure was standing at a stone table placed in front of the throne itself, poring over some kind of large map. His crown was placed on a corner of the parchment, acting as a paperweight. He was bent forward, tracing some line across the map with his finger. His hands were pitch black, as if they had been dipped in oil. The same color leached up his forearms, which were visible  from the rolled up sleeves of the scorpion coat that he wore. His attire bore none of Anatina's insignias, but there was no mistaking that this was King Prospero II.

He glanced up at the group, and some unreadable expression flashed across his face-- shock? recognition? indigestion?-- before his face split into an easy, toothy grin and he straightened up. The king's eyes, much like his hands, were pitch black, but they held multiple white flecks, mirroring a night sky. A large fractal scar marked the left side of his face and made his smile a little lopsided, but otherwise didn't seem to bother him at all.

"Ah! Our esteemed guests!" Prospero's voice boomed across the hall. He picked up his crown and briefly spun it around one finger before putting it on his head. The map it was pinning in place rolled shut with a loud rustle as the monarch stepped out from behind the table and made his way over to the group at a brisk pace, hardly allowing them time to move much further into the great hall. "I was wondering when you would arrive. I trust your travel here went smoothly? I know the flock can be a bit... overbearing, but there's a reason they're the best at what they do."

While his voice practically oozed hospitality, had already sized them up the second they had stepped through the doorway-- his doorway-- and was quite confident they weren't there to kill him. At the very least, it wasn't the immediate goal. He wasn't as confident as to what their business here was. The only prior warning he had of their arrival was one of Gevar's flock delivering the news to him soon after they had arrived at the outer gates. Having ambassadors of the pantheon poking around his kingdom was cause for alarm. The last time gods meddled in Anatina's affairs uninvited, Prospero had returned to a stranger on the throne. Who knew what they wanted now?

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Back in Ark's neck of the woods, the inside of the building was completely empty. There was no furniture, rugs, or anything of that sort, merely walls, floor, and ceiling. Not that any of that could be easily seen given Dust's magic at work. There was no light except what little streamed through the hole the deity had punched into the building. It was somewhat difficult to see, but at the very center of the room was a tumbling, writhing mass of water, suspended a couple feet off of the ground by some invisible force. It seemed almost angry (or as angry as a floating hunk of water can look like), thrashing against the confines of whatever was holding it like some kind of cornered animal. 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 3, 2023 17:25:24  #41

Masses of shadow are willed around the water, binding it into the room. The already dark interior darkens almost infinitely more as the shadows begin to writhe and drip, moving to seal the hole Ark had punched into the cell. Occasionally a gray flame will flicker into life and sear at the water to cease it from moving a direction. A stark white grin appears for a moment, as Dust appears to will shut the prison from Ark's intrusion. Its presence soon disappears again, but it's clear that whoever it's holding prisoner, Dust really doesn't want to let out. Which obviously means that Ark should definitely release the water-horse-person-creature.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 4, 2023 02:20:44  #42

As soon as Crimson saw the king, he immediately reached for his sword, but stopped himself.  "Cor, this isn't the time to start another war.  Let is see how this plays out first.  Then we can react as needed...that is, all assuming Time and the Council shall let us..." He thought to himself and put his hands in his pocket.  As Crimson watched the king walk over to them, he felt a slight...uneasiness about how little the guards and the king seemed to care.  Maybe it was his imagination, but Crimson felt that he wasn't too welcome here.  "Cor, you're in another freaking world and another kingdom.  Chill out." he repeated to himself.  "Do it for your family.  Put up with this crap for now...for now....yes, for now."  Crimson stepped forward from the group and walked straight up to the king and put his hand out.  "Crimson Kasaki." he said to the king.  "A pleasure to meet another monarch." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 4, 2023 02:45:31  #43

Heaven particularly didn't like how Crimson was boldly acting in the presence of a king, but hey, what you gonna do? Better than pulling out a sword for sure.

Heaven goes down to one knee one that seems perfect and rehearsed many times over, it had been done with a sense of respect, rather one of submission, "Greetings, King Prospero. Our travel went along well, there was nothing to worry about. My name is Heaven Dean, representing The Clocktower." she nods to Crimson from her position, deciding to fill the king in on some more info to the newcomer, "Crimson here is a new deity to these lands. He is a deity of judgement."

Upon first glance, she took particular interest in the king's scar, and his blotched out forearms and hands. It subtly reminded her of her own patron deity's unique arm.

Time

January 9, 2023 14:28:45  #44

That was a surprise. "A deity? I was not informed one of the pantheon would be part of your group. I would have greeted you at the gates myself if I had known. My deepest apologies, Crimson." He offered a quick bow as he spoke, then the king shook the god's hand. Prospero was cool to the touch, though the strength with which he held the other's hand revealed there was plenty of life left in him. "If you happen to plan another visit here, do let me or one of my advisors know ahead of time and we'll arrange a proper welcome. That goes for the rest of the pantheon, too," he added, letting go of Crimson's hand and looking at Heaven. He seemed remarkably at ease, given the circumstances.

Huck hadn't said a word since they had stepped foot in the throne room. He was watching King Prospero intently, his ears pointed at the king wherever he moved. This was the man who had nearly killed the mortal that was now recovering in Clocktower, of that he had no doubt. The Bushbeast was tempted to drop the pretense and interrogate the monarch until he had some answers, but he had a feeling that wasn't the way these things tended to go. 

Prospero had recognized Huck, but had also elected not to interact besides a couple glances his way. For now, at least-- It was impossible to fully ignore an 8 foot tall bear... dog.... thing walking into your throne room, after all. The king looked around the room and snapped his fingers at a couple guards standing along the wall, who hastily snapped to attention. "Find some chairs for our guests, if you will." 

He gave the group a sheepish smile that looked far too practiced. "You'll have to forgive me again for the state of affairs around here. You've caught us a bit unawares. I suppose I have to ask, what brings you all here? With all due respect, a simple check up seems a bit too lowbrow for a deity to tag along."

Call me Ishmael.

January 10, 2023 02:50:26  #45

"I thought so as well, King Prospero," Heaven responds in agreement with him, "It was Crimson who wished to accompany us. Maybe he wishes to learn more about Forengard." Whether her explanation of why Crimson around was true or not, she still gave it as an excuse for the actual pressing matters, which they'll have to get to by some point.

"We came to Anatina to not only assess the situation, but also learn of its new monarch. Who he is. It's unexpected for a man to appear suddenly and be able to assume power."

"Say, on learning more of the new monarch, I did not expect your appearance. And I mean this in no disrespect. Rather, I mean it to be one of respect. I expected one to be regally sat upon the throne, and yet I find your highness to be directly involved with the next step of your nation. Same goes for your physical appearace. The scar upon your face, and the markings upon your arms, commitment and sacrifice to your nation reflected upon you, yes?"

Last edited by Time (January 21, 2023 19:37:17)

Time

January 10, 2023 12:11:09  #46

Crimson watched the king and tried to read the room, caught off guard?  By a deity?  How would this even be possible?  This world is filled with them right?  Crimson understood that he wasn't truly welcome because he wasn't a regular to this place.  As he listened to Heaven he wanted to tell the king a million different things but decided to keep to himself.  He wasn't a deity, nor was he here to learn more about Forengard, he decided to tag along to find Fang and Flare, as well as a way home.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 21, 2023 05:46:01  #47

"You aren't the first to think these things, but I am not in the habit of indulging comments of my appearance. The long and short of it is I have experienced my share of the world, and this is the price I pay for the knowledge and wisdom I carry. It is as you say. I have sacrificed much in the name of the kingdom." The king's warm expression remained unchanged, the sharp little exhale he let out indicated his feathers had been ruffled a little. Prospero was used to people speaking to him with a little more tact. Even the nobles, old friends of his, would have a quaver in their voice as they hemmed and hawed over what they really wanted to say to him. Heaven's directness was refreshing, but also incredibly annoying.

"I cannot blame you, or the pantheon, for being curious," he went on. "It may seem that was a sudden and unexpected transition of power, but it is quite the opposite, actually. I am the son of King Prospero I, so the throne is in fact my birthright. I was, shall we say, indisposed for many years due to one of our neighbors holding me captive. But I'd rather not talk about that with guests. Needless to say, it was a very tumultuous period of my life. I eventually made my escape and returned to Anatina to find my mother, the queen, had perished some years before and a charlatan had taken her place. He refused to peacefully abdicate when I first sought an audience with him. His monster of an advisor nearly kicked my skull in," he chuckled. "But I was approached by a group of deities and their allies who offered their assistance. I understand that they are not viewed favorably by many, but they are deities nonetheless, no? With their aid, I was able to reclaim the throne. Call it divine right."

The guards returned, each carrying a chair. They were all wildly different from each other, as if they had simply grabbed the nearest one they could find. They placed them in a circle around the group. Except in Huck's case, where the guard, carrying a spindly-looking wooden barstool, awkwardly shuffled away as they realized it wasn't needed. 

Speaking of Huck, the Bushbeast was attempting to establish a telepathic connection with Heaven and Crimson. He didn't do this often, and it had taken him several minutes to even remember how, so his best effort amounted to feeble poking at their consciouses and hoping for the best.

Call me Ishmael.

January 21, 2023 12:11:30  #48

Like the raging fire Crimson is, he did his best to remain calm around the king.  For some reason Crimson didn't like the aura he was giving off.  Once his mind wandered he felt the touch of the Bushbeast in his mind.  "I would consider trying to establish this form of communication a problem with other deties around, but I pray you know what your doing.  What do you make of all of this?" 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 21, 2023 23:28:51  #49

"Overall, if he does say he has a true birthright to his throne, then it's obvious that he should keep it. On the simple basis of birthright, though." Heaven replies, "But, birthright does not mean everything, of course. True motives are much more important."

"Ah, divine right." Heaven nods with a small glimpse of a smile, "From an unfavorable group of deities. You could say that now, Anatina does not have the blessing of Ishmael, but rather these 'unsavory deities'. Wasn't Ishmael a deity who happened to stay loyal to this country for a long, long time? You decided to trade his blessing for these new deities?"

Time

January 22, 2023 14:00:04  #50

"Aye, I'm very...suspicious about the king.  Something about him seems odd to me.  Then again, I  AM from another world.  So it could be nothing.  But if I am right, what could and what WOULD be a motive for him?" Crimson replied to Heaven, trying not to show any sort of emotions.  

"Why would anyone want to trade a blessing for more deities?  It seems to me that Ishmael's words held great power." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 23, 2023 02:09:09  #51

This is who I saw when I rescued the mortal. I am sure of it. Huck's "voice" was spotty, like speaking with a bad connection over the phone. I have decided I do not like him. He is like rot.

The king sat down on his chair, a large plush armchair that looked like it had been taken from a library or a study. He sat quite informally, slouched to one side with his arms crossed over his torso. By some miracle, the crown remained on his head. "I understand that Ishmael took great interest in this area, and Anatina in particular. I hold the pantheon in high esteem, but I believe even the gods can be wrong. I do not agree with his actions or the conditions under which peace was brokered with our neighbors. It was tenuous at best, and relied heavily on Anatina's ability to produce a surplus of food for the region. At best, we still could have been invaded by a kingdom who wanted our agricultural bounty to themselves. I believe the only reason that did not happen was because of Ishmael's allegiance. An attack on Anatina would have been in defiance of the will of a god. I've been told by my historians that an attempt was made to do exactly that while Ishmael still resided in Anatina, and that he-- well, to be polite we'll say he 'dismantled' as it's quite grisly business to be honest with you-- the entire army by himself." At this, he made eye contact with Huck for the first time. "There hasn't been a Bushbeast seen in Anatina since then. I'm sure your appearance here today was a shock to many. I hope they treated you well, your species is somewhat of a local legend."

Huck shifted uncomfortably where he stood, the same overwhelming sense of unease flooding his senses as it had with the people outside, sharp and twisted and wrong like the poison afflicting the man he had taken to the Clocktower. He couldn't help the small growl that rumbled in his throat. 

King Prospero looked... smug? "Anyways," he continued casually, "with Ishmael gone, all the work he's done in the region has very little weight, including the blessing placed on the farmland that allowed us to produce crops at the rate we needed to. We no longer have the protections and assurances in place to keep us safe. His blessing was not traded so much as replaced. It's what needed to be done to ensure the longevity of Anatina."

Call me Ishmael.

January 23, 2023 05:28:57  #52

"Hm. Angry water." Ark taps the edges of the small hole he made, and a magic circle appears around the edge. "Not the weirdest thing I've seen all week." He messes with it a bit, and soon it's the size of the entire window. He knocks, and the part inside of the circle falls apart, forming a hole just big enough for him to climb in, which he does. 

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 23, 2023 09:52:35  #53

"Look how he sits upon that so-called throne.  Royalty like him needs a proper throne.  Or at least sit in a chair like that with more dignity among unknown guests.  I have a horrid feeling that he's not an actual king.  A real one would always have company welcome at a moments notice, unless there was a dire emergency.  At least, this is speaking from my personal experiences.  I can understand why you see him as rot, I see him more as a code.  Always hiding something important."  Crimson removed his swords scabbards and set them on the floor next to a chair and sat down and placed his hands in his lap and watched the king, almost smugly saying to him "If you were a king, you should be acting like one." 

"With all due respect king Prospero, why would you consider a pantheon of gods having the ability to lie or be wrong?  Most see reason far beyond that of mortal men.  Sure they could be wrong, but I would never doubt the ability of the gods themselves.  Toying and accusing them of such things can provide a horrible price to pay.  We already had something like that happened back in Arithnia, and I can't say the same will happen to you, but I would be careful of the words you choose."  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 23, 2023 16:26:22  #54

Heaven sighs, "Why do we not just cut to the  chase?" Her voiced changed in that it lost a bit of its regal respect. It was still there, but admittedly the more direct part was much more prominent.

"What do the faction of corrupted deities do for Anatina? They have a history of slaughter."

Time

January 24, 2023 02:59:53  #55

The shift in tone of his guests didn't go unnoticed by the king. In fact, his eyes lit up as he leaned forward. Now they were getting somewhere. "In a show of good faith I am choosing to ignore you insulting my ability to lead in my own throne room." Prospero's tone was calm and even, but the stare he gave Crimson was practically venomous. "I am not going to sit here and pretend that I know every machination of the pantheon. I have deep respect for deities. I cannot imagine the responsibility they carry. However, to blindly follow and accept their actions as always being the right one is foolishness. It is healthy to question those in power over you. I expect it of myself, and the people I serve under the crown. It may be difficult to accept from an outside perspective, but I am doing what I must to protect the kingdom. I am well aware the history of the Corrupted Deities is unpleasant. I find them to be a necessary evil. Without their aid, I would have been unable to reclaim the throne, and even now they protect the area."

"Your people are too sick to question," Huck rumbled, his lip curling in disgust. "You--" He seemed to be struggling for words in his anger, and his voice sentence into a frustrated snarl. The people are sick, the soil is sick, the nobles are not. He said to Heaven and Crimson. He feels sick, but he is not.

For the first time, Prospero looked genuinely caught off guard. "I wasn't told your kind could speak," he managed to say while his mind rapidly started putting pieces together. There was obviously a reason they were here beyond a simple diplomatic meeting. What had the Bushbeast told the others? What did it do to Felix after it dragged him underground... was he still alive?

He stood abruptly, is gaze passing rapidly around the group of mages before him. "If you do not have any further questions, I must regretfully cut this short. As you said, my people are sick, and I have many urgent matters to attend to in order to try and find a remedy."

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

The water seemed to recognize an unfamiliar presence in the room and it redoubled its efforts. There was an occasional sound of mangled, garbled speech as it flung itself in Ark's direction.

Call me Ishmael.

January 24, 2023 05:57:51  #56

Ark steps back a bit at that. "Whoa, whoa whoa. Look, I'm here to free you, alright? So let's make a deal." He steps forward, and some magic circles appear around his hands. "I break you out of your prison here..." He begins shifting his hands, and the runes on the circles begin moving, almost as if he's working a combination lock. "And you don't do a geyser thing and reveal where I am. That sound nice?"

Axel
I aten't dead

January 24, 2023 06:22:27  #57

The darkness shackling Figura suddenly closes around the water spirit like a hand closing around a golf ball. Will courses through the shade of the building, clearly in anticipation of whatever Ark plans to do with those glowy magic rune circles.

January 24, 2023 07:41:11  #58

Ark grins. "HA! I knew this wouldn't be as easy as I thought." He taps his foot on the ground behind him, and yellow sparks kick up. "Come on Dust..." Ark begins to move around, tracing circles on the ground with his feet, while tapping the air and creating hanging circles in the air around the orb. Each circle pulses with light, and seems to be emitting a bit of swing music. "Let's Dance"

Axel
I aten't dead

January 25, 2023 00:26:57  #59

"Necessary evil? They waged a war on the Pantheon and have murdered countless mortals. "Heaven's tone is calm and controlled, but her eyes are filled with fire.

Taking what Huck didn't say, but what communicated to them, she continues, "You say your people are sick, that is true enough, we saw it ourselves on the way. But we also saw swaths of dejection, of poverty, of destroyed stalls and rotting remains of buildings. Yet we did not see a single guardsman or laborer working to help clear the rubble. But as soon as we passed behind your palace walls we see nobles fattened with decadence." She stands straight, staring into the King's eyes, "Forgive me for my brash, but in my opinion, what I saw was neglect of your people and kingdom."

-----

"HEY!" A voice shouted, coming from one of the guards, particularly the one of the ones closest to the king. The guard walked out of line, fully facing the group and stood now more between the diplomats and the throne, "Don't ever treat the royal highness~ with thats sorta disrespect!" He said 'royal highness' in a more sing-songy voice, as if joking about, and as if really he actually didn't care about any disrespect to Prospero.

The guard sounded eerily like Time, and though his face was covered by a helm, one could clearly see indistinguishable orange eyes, pupils shaped like hourglasses.

Last edited by Time (January 25, 2023 00:27:27)

Time

January 25, 2023 01:54:14  #60

(Unrelated but @Time please tell me Oblivion stole Akuma's eye color because this is so hecking funny to me lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

Board footera