GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2020 14:13:56  #31

Re: (@galaxian) ribbon's forest has gotten a lot more webs in it

Even so, Ribbon felt the need to be absolutely careful. She climbed up the first building she saw and moved over to rooftops. She finally stopped pretty close to the center of town and pointed to a building with a sign that said "Bleakburn Monster Hunter guild." There were about three dudes chatting outside it.  

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 14:40:35  #32

Galaxian had some trouble going on the rooftops, but he managed to keep up, squinting at the sign as if dumbfounded by the mortals'...well, the lack of creativity in the title and also the lack of capitalization in "guild".
Tell me telepathically if you need anything, he told her (telepathically) before jumping off the rooftop like he owned the town. He started over to the building, but he probably should've tried heading on the rooftops for a bit more--there weren't exactly a lack of people.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 23, 2020 14:56:36  #33

The sign had been handpainted by someone who clearly didnt do that kind of thing often. The g was lowercase because they'd started to run out of room and needed to cram everything on. 
One of the dudes spotted Galaxian. "Hey kid," he said. "Where do you think you're going?"

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 15:04:42  #34

Galaxian took a bit to figure out whether or not he should test his abilities again. Or just at all. He hadn't mind-controlled anyone in his time in Forengard, so this was the first time.
But then again, he didn't exactly test out imploding a building the last time around, so he should be fine...?
"Somewhere," he responded, totally not making a beeline towards the building or anything. "Did you need anything?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 15:37:15  #35

"Cant come in until you're at least 15." Dude 1 said. "I know y'all love hearing the tales about James scars, but rules are rules."
"And what are you doing alone?" Dude 2 exclaimed. "Didnt your mommy ever tell you there's monsters around? You're small enough that any giant rat crawling up from the sewers would be able to grab you and drag you away. I've been telling you punks for years, use the buddy system! There wouldn't be a monster hunter guild if there weren't monsters everywhere!" 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 15:51:18  #36

Galaxian wasn't sure whether to answer all the sentences form-format or just to answer the last one. As for the talk, he'd heard it 5,000,000,000 times already--"where's your mom?" directed to a deity who wandered the world every day, most of the time, for a year and more now. And he was indeed small. Not that small, though. He revels in his 4' 5'' glory, obviously.
"But monsters aren't always bad. They'd be just fine if people didn't go into their homes and around chasing them with sharp things," he defended the...monsters. "And uh, what's the buddy system??"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 16:33:31  #37

"They're...giant rats," dude 1 said, looking confused. "They try to eat kids like you all the time. I think we're justified in-"
"what do you mean 'what's the buddy system???'" Dude 2 exclaimed. "I go to the schoolhouse all the time to talk about it! I go to town council meetings to talk about it!" He started tearing up. "Is everyone ignoring me?" 
dude 3 flicked his ear. "No ones ignoring you," he said flatly. "The kid's probably just from out of town." He turned to Galaxian. "Right? Anyway, the buddy system's where all the kids are supposed to go around with at least one other kid at all times. That way, if a giant rat does appear, it's less likely to attack. If it does attack, the other kids can either go get help, or help fight it off. It saves us trips to the sewers. We've been having more problems with them lately and with those idiots in there constantly going out to lose arms, legs and lives in the forest, we could use all the time we save from it." 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 17:30:38  #38

"Why don't you call yourselves the large rat eradicators then," Galaxian was trying to say, except the three talked like bombs--one after another nonstop. Finally finding an opening, he lowkey forgot what he was going to say anyways. With a sigh, he said, "Are there giant rats in the forest too?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 17:53:30  #39

"Nah, just some freaky feral spider person," dude 1 said. "Shes venomous. Get bit and you usually end up having to get a limb amputated. Slippery too. I gave up after the first attempt. Those 2 gave up after about the 4th." He waved fo dude 2 and 3. He suddenly seemed to remember that he was talking to what he thought was a regular kid. "No need to worry about her though, Bleakburn will catch her eventually, and she doesnt bite kids that stay out of trouble."
"and when he gets all that reward money, he might finally replace that dumb sign with something cooler." Dude 3 added. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 17:58:36  #40

When Dude #3 said "Cooler", Galaxian thought "Another sign". "Who's Bleakburn? Is he...the boss?"
The little guy's really trying to sound his age, maybe.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 18:06:31  #41

"Yup," dude 1 said. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 18:21:47  #42

"Where is he?" Galaxian said with a complete "OwO" expression.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 18:47:33  #43

"Inside," Dude 1 said, "but I can't let you in."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 18:56:40  #44

"Why not? Teacher said..." Galaxian has to think for this. "That we need to talk to a boss of someplace! For an...intervision?" He massacres "interview" as a word on purpose.
Funnily enough, he actually does have a notebook stuck in his pocket. It could easily be a school notebook, with everything he scribbles in it. Though all the Shakespearean nonsense he scribbles in there could ruin the façade of him being a supposed 2nd grader or whatever grade is supposed to correspond with his physical age. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 19:24:40  #45

Dude 1 scratched the back of his head. "I guess I can go ask to see if he's willing to make an exception."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 19:37:25  #46

"Okie! Thank you very much!" Of course, Galaxian's not going to be as civil (well, he's not going to knock anyone out...but he'll sneak in) if Mr. Boss doesn't agree.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 19:53:58  #47

Dude 1 headed inside. It was possible to see him talk to a big dude covered in scars. 
Dude 1 came back a minute later. "Sorry kid, he's busy right now. You'll have to come back later."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 20:16:10  #48

"Hmmm. I can wait! By the way, what's he doing? Maybe I can save some time if I know what he's doing already!" 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 20:24:47  #49

"Just coming up with new strategies," dude 1 said. "Hes completely obsessed."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 20:28:45  #50

Galaxian had one good strategy. 
"So basically no one's there...?" he asked forlornly, like a disappointed small child. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 20:32:52  #51

"No, there's about 2 other people there. They usually brainstorm together," dude 1 said. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 20:58:24  #52

"So he's doing that right now? With them?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 21:01:45  #53

"Yeah," he gave Galaxian a suspicious look. "You're not going to try to sneak inside are you?"

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 21:08:53  #54

Galaxian doesn't change his impression, which is just basically that of an innocent-looking child. "How could I do that though? All of you are bigger than me. Aaand Teacher said we shouldn't interrupt anything important the comp--computer? Bosses are doing." He shifts the notebook in his pocket as if a jittery child, which he kind of is. He sighs in a disappointed way. "I guess I really do have to try to find another boss then...thank you."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 21:19:24  #55

"Alright," dude 1 said. "See you around, kid, and good luck on your assignment."
"Wait, I'll come with," dude 2 said. "Until you can find a buddy to go around with. I cant have anyone getting attacked by giant rats if it can be avoided."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 21:42:00  #56

(A normal day in Forengard, just a friendly deity trying to brainwash people to the most effective and nicest extent and the world just not having it)

"Thanks!" he was about to say, then said, "I won't go near sewers. Unless there's a boss there and I can't find any others!" he chirped, probably ranting inside his mind about the complete and utter inconvenience. "And giant rats probably like me too. Aaaand my teacher said if someone's too helpful they're probably trying to kidnap you??"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 21:58:03  #57

"Me? Kidnap? Never!" Dude 2 looked flabbergasted. "I'm the one who comes in to do all the stranger danger speeches! Um, how about... "he looked around wildly. "Aha! How about you interview Mr. Wilson," he pointed to an old man hobbling down the street. "He owns a shoe shop, that makes him a boss, right? And you'll be with a buddy as you talk to him, its brilliant!" Before Galaxian could say a word he was already calling the old man over. 
(XD the universe is in the mood to get in his way today) 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 22:52:31  #58

(The Cosmos literally hates him today)
(What's Ribbon thinking as she watches this xD)
(Annndd this is just teaching him that next time he should just control all of them the first time around)

Galaxian be like "Okay! Hi Mr. Wilbur!" (Yes, "Wilbur". He just read Charlotte's Web a few days ago, shush) outside. Who knows what nuclear war is going on in his head.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2020 23:06:04  #59

(XDDD)
(She's playing a game of are these people being nice or do I need to go over and bite someone)
"Wilson," mr, Wilson corrected as he hobbled over. "Kids these days, cant even get ma name right." He started going on about back in his day, everyone knew each others names, even the names of people they didnt know and how there's just no more respect anymore and no one made any effort to learn each other's names.
dude 2 was patiently waiting for him to finish. He looked like he was beginning to regret his decision to call him over. 
Ribbon chose this moment to telepathically speak to Galaxian. "the old man looks angry, do I need to bite him?" She'd crept to the edge of the roof, ready to pounce on him.

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 23:53:02  #60

"Wilson," Galaxian quickly echoed Wilson just to get the other to maybe stop the 5-minute name speech. He almost gave Dude 2 like "This is your boss's fault, busy man" but 2nd graders don't usually do that so...? He didn't really do that. He mostly just kinda gave the Dude the side-eye like, "..."
No, no, really, no thank you, he added, biting back (hahahaha the pun) a "very much for the offer", which really would sound out of place. Like, a life god being grateful for her biting random mortal people? No.
The only way this situation can go more out of place is if Ribbon hears the "No" wrongly, but hopefully...
You know what, they regret bringing that up already.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera