GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2020 22:08:45  #1

(@galaxian) ribbon's forest has gotten a lot more webs in it

Thin strings of spiderweb criss cross most of the forest in ways that it would be difficult for mortals to avoid. Ribbon herself was in a tree not far from the edge of the forest, digging through a backpack that likely wasn't hers. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 21, 2020 23:22:58  #2

Re: (@galaxian) ribbon's forest has gotten a lot more webs in it

As for Galaxian, he was trespassing (again). Or visiting? Depends on perspective.
To him, it's very much so the former. He hadn't even remembered the place entirely; if not for the fact there was more than one encounter he'd had with Ribbon, he would have long forgotten the place. By that, it's referring to the entire memory loss fiasco of his, of course. If she were only related to him through that, she'd be poofed out of his memory too.
But that didn't happen! So yay!
In any case, even though it didn't happen, the deity had still gotten lost. He'd ventured into a nearby forest, which also had a very convenient cave in it with an agitated mother bear. So, he'd gotten pretty sidetracked there. He'd originally planned to visit by morning--it was now at least midday. Yay for productivity. It didn't even cross his mind Ribbon might be having lunch.
At least he doesn't barrel into the place like he did with Cleaver's. He's more careful--so he doesn't run into a mother bear. The carefulness hopefully pays off, since it's likely Ribbon wouldn't appreciate him seeming like he broke her webs or startling her by running into her residence like an immortal rocket launcher.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 21, 2020 23:52:18  #3

Ribbon had noticed his approach. She hung the backpack on the branch and moved to a different tree to get a better view of who was coming. She remembered Galaxian very clearly, partly because he was one of the very few people she ever spoke to.
She went back to grab the backpack before jumping down, trying very hard to hide her excitement. "Uh, hello," she said, her arms gripping the backpack tightly.

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 00:11:50  #4

Galaxian didn't seem too surprised by her revealing her location, mostly because he did it himself all the time. "Hello," he greeted lightly, pondering to himself whether to potentially risk messing up her name. He decided to go for it. "Ribbon, right?" He managed to then smile sheepishly even though it was a topic he did not enjoy--far from it, in fact--to discuss. He added, "Um...sorry if I got your name wrong. I didn't mean to get it wrong. There's been some pretty big memory issues on my part..."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 00:16:49  #5

Ribbon quickly shook her head. "No no no no, you got it right. And um, memory issues?" She looked concerned. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 00:35:42  #6

The deity was gladder than he seemed outside that his "past" self, the one he'd partially forgotten like three quarters about, had made at least one good friend. "I don't think so, but thank you. A lot." He was actually aware, for once, he was lapsing into the strangely gushy thank you phase that he had whenever someone offered to do anything for him. He stopped there, even though he was noticeably paler than when he started talking.
"How has the world been treating you, actually?" he asked instead.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 00:42:45  #7

"Well, I've gotten better at getting rid of the monster hunters," Ribbon said. "They still want to kill me though." She still looked a bit concerned and had definitely noticed that he'd paled, but she didnt want to push.

Last edited by Cleverfighting (April 22, 2020 00:45:16)

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 01:06:23  #8

"So the world's being mean," Galaxian summarized in that strange way of his. "How can I help?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 01:25:40  #9

"Its fine," Ribbon said. "They'll give up eventually."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 01:28:54  #10

"'Eventually,'" he echoed, looking and actually being unconvinced. "They've been at it for longer than I've known you!" He winced right after saying that because he actually wasn't sure how long he'd known her.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 02:11:07  #11

"Well killing them doesn't work, and neither does running," Ribbon said. "And they're way too sneaky for talking."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 02:18:03  #12

"...Mind control?" he suggested.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 02:27:23  #13

"I can't do mind control," Ribbon said.

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 02:29:45  #14

"I can!" he proclaimed.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 02:37:30  #15

Ribbon blinked. "You...can?" Topic of mind control brought up some unpleasant memories of princess and her mind control, but she shoved them away.

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 13:22:45  #16

"If I don't sugarcoat the term, yeah. It's honestly wrong to make someone do something they don't want to do...but it's also wrong to kill! More so, for me," evaluated the deity. "So, if the something they don't want to do is not killing, then in my opinion, it makes it a bit more tolerable..."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 18:27:15  #17

"I...suppose it would be okay..." ribbon said hesitantly. "As long as its just to get them to go away..." she was worried that it meant she was bad too because she often tried to kill them back. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 19:08:45  #18

"Right. But don't drop your guard. There can be factors that might negate mind manipulation of that sort. It's just kind of the basis, one is never 100% safe concept," Galaxian blathered.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 19:16:30  #19

"I never let my guard down when it comes to them," Ribbon said. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 19:29:00  #20

He smiled in a relieved fashion. "That's good. Well, how can I find them?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 19:37:40  #21

"There's a building in the town," Ribbon began. "Its got a board with words on it nailed to the front of it, and they hang out inside talking about monsters they killed. And there are monster heads on the wall."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 19:42:58  #22

"What words are on the board?" he asked, unaware of the possibility she might not be able to read, and then started brainstorming his next question after: "How many of them are there?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 19:45:17  #23

"I cant read," Ribbon said. "And there's lots of them, but it changes everyday."

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 19:52:35  #24

Galaxian pales more once he realizes his mistake. "Well, they're just mortals, right? Is there a chance you can come with me to show me? I'll make sure they don't see or sense you!" he added.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 20:05:32  #25

Ribbon nodded. She'd begun to rummage through the backpack again and pulled out a bag of biscuits. She tossed the backpack to the side and quickly scarfed them all down. "We can leave now," she said, licking the crumbs off her fingers. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 20:40:00  #26

Galaxian watched her eat like she had suddenly flew up like a rocket--as if he'd never done so before. Of course he had, though, plenty of times.
"Okay." 
He paused, recalling multiple towns nearby.
"Lead the way please?" he added.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 20:48:06  #27

Ribbon nodded and began to walk towards where she remembered the monster hunters always came from. 

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 22, 2020 20:54:13  #28

Galaxian followed closely, as alert as a hired bodyguard in case danger was already out and about. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2020 23:42:52  #29

The forest was very peaceful. Occasionally, there'd be broken weapons, broken down carts, discarded backpacks, and barbed nets. And as they were already pretty close to the edge of the forest, they made it to the town pretty quickly.

☆Cleaver☆
oh boy, signatures,
it
s been a while

April 23, 2020 00:01:38  #30

Galaxian found it alright to clean up as he went. Junk of all sorts kind of just fell towards him and then vanished as if there was some sort of invisible vacuum cleaner around him. Occasionally, he'd ask Ribbon if something could still be useful to her, so those items were ones he wasn't too quick to discard.
The deity had the instinct to get closer to her as soon as he saw more people. He had cast an invisibility over her as well as a barrier blocking off any "senses" a monster hunter might get from her, somehow.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera