HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2023 19:35:16  #91

Re: The Domain of Flowers Planning Thread

I say to overexaggerate and make things sound more exciting. Maybe try to create plots that may or may not be there if extra audience drama

To the level of Naiyan of course. But at the same time while I do not know her, I'd think it be funny if she did that stuff bc misinformation on the net is quite common

I think for the most part tho it's cool if you come up with stuff

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 28, 2023 19:44:14  #92

On the note of coming up with stuff though do you guys have any ideas for what to do for next thread/entering?

I had the thought of that characters who step through the threshold suddenly realize they're in an unfamiliar place, which are "spawn points" for the Domain of Flowers (calling it DoF now on). The location of who goes where is probably a combination of randomization, and what we think could be a good match for drama with the exception of Dust, who probably has been lurking around for a while.

Time

January 28, 2023 20:22:13  #93

ooooh different spawn would be so fun, having to deal with whoever the characters end up next to. If there's a spawn there should also be some sort of signal for where the goal is right? Like a beacon of light or some kind of trail to follow. I think it'd also be interesting if some of the trials/challenges lean more on the psychological side than the physical side. I donno like kill an innocent bunny to advance or something. 

((Also, not sure if i just didnt catch it or if it just hasnt been brought up but what is the specific amount of flowers in the DoF because we could probably do something with the number of flowers. Like the challenge gets easier the less flowers there are?))

Last edited by Silverphoenix580 (January 28, 2023 20:22:35)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

January 28, 2023 20:48:17  #94

I think a rising beacon of blue light(s) will do just fine. Thanks for that idea!

As of the moment, I'm thinking the DoF would hold something in between both a battle royal and a series of challenges. Like outside of challenges, it's a battle royal setting, with a sprinkle of the DoF's own monsters and obstacles, and during challenges, they're well, challenges.

I also feel like they will hold challenges that are both physical and mental. But I feel the more physical ones might show up more often in early game to cull the masses.

I was thinking 3 is a good number, if everyone is cool with it. And if nobody really minds, I'd like one in particular.

Time

January 28, 2023 20:48:48  #95

Oh, also look at that, I edited the name of the thread to match the plot name

Time

January 30, 2023 02:17:51  #96

On a planning note for the actual thread, here is my pitch to prepare you guys:

After stepping through the barrier, everyone realizes they are in a spawn point in the DOF. Whether there is just once large spawn point (like hunger games or whatever) or multiple smaller ones can be debated and changed.

This is the first challenge the DOF gives. A primarily physical one with luck and intelligence as well. Clearly, the tensions would be high, and the most blood thirsty would start fighting, causing a giant brawl.

How characters will handle this is up to the forumer, but I say it's a showcasing of abilities. I say there will be a lot of fodder.

Since fighting can sometimes be drawn out and such, I'll try to keep pacing to prevent the thread from dying out. That's what I'm planning. Anyone have any opinions or other ideas?

Time

January 30, 2023 09:55:40  #97

Sounds good to me bossman. As for ideas, not really? I mean Patil would probably be trying his best to find loopholes in every challenge for that ez dub so if that gets annoying just tell me.

Also I'm assuming elimination requirements are different for every challenge, but if someone is like majorly injured can they just opt out and receive medical attention or will they have to bleed to death? If it's an opt out situation, is there a specific area for that purpose (portal or something), or maybe like a "break this to leave at any time" because I think if there's a specific device that can serve as a elimination method for every contestant it could have a lot of potential for different combat styles and strategies.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

January 31, 2023 03:12:40  #98

Bro there ain't no way I tried to respond to this like twice and it didn't work or I forgot to hit send or smth.

I realize that this isn't really a challenge but moreso a crowd control for the DOF to get manageable numbers.

Also Patil trying to find loopholes is fine. I'm sure the DOF wouldn't mind people using wit to get past its challenges.

As for elimination and injuries, I suspect losing or being eliminated results in some sort of large setback. I'm guessing most of the time, it will be in the form of injuries fatal things. But I'm sure other setbacks are out there too.

As to the thought of medical attention, I was thinking everyone has to stay inside the domain until the game is done. But that made me think what if there was a small faction or something of the contestants that entered not the get any flowers, but to be a neutral ground and provide medial attention to all? There's plenty of people entering with other plans than getting a flower, so why not that other goal be saving lives?

Time

February 1, 2023 02:15:17  #99

In all honesty, I don't know how we'll keep a good pace, but lets see what happens lol, since everyone will likely be in different locations at different times, lets just hope things will turn ok all cool. I'll do my best to ensure it does.

Ok, here is my thought of how to keep pacing and it being relatively linear since location is very important for this plot. I'll write up the big important things, like new tiers of the domain (Substantial threads in that a character gets noticeably closer to the flowers.) while most other threads can be left open for creation.

Once again, since location is very important, I think no thread hopping will be best. Aka a character must follow a logical way of getting up to the flowers, and no duplicates of them running around... maybe? Idk about this one, but I think it may work. Though of course there is an issue of characters getting locked up with people who may become inactive, so if reasonable time passes, I say we move forward.

On that note, if location is so imporant... we should draw up a map of the domain. That would be smart.

Time

February 1, 2023 03:47:41  #100

I agree with the thread hopping just so the timelines are consistent. I think having the commentators doing play-by-plays will be important for that so that participants are realistically aware of what else is going on because it might impact their strategy (assuming people hunting flowers can hear what they're saying)

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

February 1, 2023 22:56:24  #101

That could also be a helpful tool, with Nayian calling things out.

I'm cool with that!

Time

February 2, 2023 03:25:34  #102

Btw I should be almost done with the new thread. I've decide to have only one set spawing point, and from there groups can split up.

If you guys have any cool ideas for the environments of the domain, hit me up. And for this I mean for all of the domain, not just the starting area.

I'm some locations im currently considering:
Fields
Jungle
Snowy Mountians
Volcano
Flying islands

Last edited by Time (February 2, 2023 03:26:06)

Time

February 3, 2023 12:36:13  #103

Oh BTW, I'll probably send out the next thread sometime this weekend.

Time

February 13, 2023 15:40:01  #104

Naiyan is actually streaming the event on Twitch oh my gods

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 14, 2023 02:59:56  #105

Actually wild

Or forengard version of twitch

Isn't like the entire internet like her domain?

Time

February 14, 2023 06:13:50  #106

chat what should the flowers do to the world next

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

February 15, 2023 22:06:25  #107

Y'know I just realized no one really asked the food question which means... hey we have a bunch of people in a contained space for who knows how long, what's the food situation? Foraging for berries? Is there game to hunt? Water? (hydration is important) Or just magical stasis on hunger (though that feels boring)?

(oh oh what if there's certain areas for food, like checkpoints or something which will be more places for competitors to gather and bloodshed to occur)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

February 15, 2023 22:49:04  #108

I was thinking a combination of foraging

but also we could say that little helpful healer faction could have loads of other supplies, given they probably brought a lot of healing stuff with them as well.

Any other ideas about?

Time

February 16, 2023 00:08:20  #109

i like the idea of the checkpoints, perhaps there's some that happened mostly naturally(thanks to the flowers) and some regulated by those healer faction lads. like you can still forage, and perhaps there's some small game about, but much more convenient spot would be checkpoints scattered about because you're more likely to find other people there, and make alliances or just. angry character interactions

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

February 16, 2023 21:14:53  #110

Oh yeah I agree too. There can be checkpoints sparsely around, either just natural oases or outposts by the healers.

Do we wanna allow combat in these locations? With the only thing preventing combat just a tense thing of people trying to find respite or respect for each other? I think we should go down this path, as more dirty of unexpected tactics can be used.

Also it allows Dust to kinda show up wherever.

Time

February 19, 2023 16:09:16  #111

Alright, I'm thinking about the next stop for this plot. Not to happen rn ofc, but for when we think we should move on to the next thread(s)

I think it would be time for characters to split up into small groups for challenges and dangers of the domain. For most of it, I feel like there won't be many characters per thread, so it would be more personal. We can get to planning that later, but for now I kinda wanna talk about the layout of the Domain.

I'm thinking there should be 3 regions/settings for the domain to keep it simple We already have two, which I'll describe:
1. The Jungle. The region where all the characters are in right now. Lines of sight and visibility are extremely limited, and flight can also be restrictive in this setting. We can also have monsters and other dangers if we wish.
2. ???
3. The Mountains. The final region. Filled with perilous cliffs and unending snow at higher altitudes. The flowers are located here. We can develop more on it later. Floating islands are apart of this region.

I am thinking we should only have one checkpoint or safe area per region, that way we can get more character interaction. And I think they shouldn't actually be anything preventing combat, which means ambushes and sly tactics can be done here.

Any ideas for the region in between The Jungle and The Mountains? I was thinking fields as it's the exact opposite of a jungle, and everyone is out in the open. But I don't know if it expresses the idea that the Flowers have severely altered their surroundings. Maybe something dangerous? Like whatever biome you call one with volcanic activity?

Time

March 9, 2023 02:29:40  #112

Hey o guys

any ideas for upcoming thread(s)?? We should plan collaboratively?

Time

March 9, 2023 20:20:13  #113

hm ok, next thread should probably directly time skip to when the first challenge thingy starts yeah? (Are we doing multiple or just one big challenge?) And realistically people would not all arrive at the same time, so we should probably figure out a order of arrival to the site. Oh and also probably what is actually happening in the challenge. I'm fresh out of ideas and my few remaining braincells have withered away because school was being a menace.

(idk, a maze?? That's boring to rp tho. Free for all brawl? Upsides include: bloodshed, lost limbs, the cool stuff. Downside: battle royale is overdone, but entertaining so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  )

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 13, 2023 01:50:15  #114

Sure we can time skip.

A free for all brawl was kinda already use. Now we can have actual events between just the characters and no horde of npcs.

I'll definitely bring up and ideas if I have any...

Right now, I'm thinking something that will get rid of a few runners of the game, maybe.

I was thinking some sort of obstacles course with pvp, as in no matter what you have to get past to the next destination. But that requires making an obstacle course, and I don't think it would be that fun to rp.

I am interested in some injuries tho...

Maybe we toss in some monsters? Or just send in Dust as a challenge?

Time

March 14, 2023 10:08:59  #115

when in doubt, big dragon? Also obstacle course reminds of american ninja warriors, just like throw everyone into an episode of that show

(oh oh speaking of reality tv, maybe we could have a viewer elimination sort of section? Like people betting on who's winning, and oh wait this is turning into hunger games)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

March 15, 2023 01:56:20  #116

yeah bit monster threat always is a decent way to go

However, doing something that could be some mind games + some combat could also be fun too! I wouldn't mind some mental games.

Time

March 18, 2023 03:19:42  #117

Some puzzles would be pretty cool

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

March 19, 2023 17:02:00  #118

puzzles are good

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 19, 2023 23:42:48  #119

I was thinking of some way where we could have characters vs each other in trying to trick each other or something, as it helps with the compition idea

BUT

puzzles are also a fun way to go. Only just what kinda puzzles should we put in??

Time

March 20, 2023 04:54:11  #120

that's the conundrum in itself

i was also thinking that if we make new threads we should have one of them include naiyan giving a recap of how the battle's going, like number of casualties, game changing events, etc.

Axel
I aten't dead

Board footera