HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2022 13:42:58  #31

Re: The Domain of Flowers Planning Thread

Do we agree at least we don't need to create the little details? Like who will come in contact with who and stuff? 

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 22, 2022 13:44:31  #32

I'm all for that.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 22, 2022 20:50:59  #33

Good great

I think as of current, we have 4 participants if Axel sticks with us. That's one from you, two from me, and one from him.

I could also include a character that I can kill off, but idk if I want to get rid of him yet.

Time

October 22, 2022 23:41:02  #34

Actually, you may want to add that to 5, MAY...I might decide to add in Flare as a deity.  But I'm not sure yet...

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 23, 2022 18:36:44  #35

Your choice, but why would Flare be there?

Time

October 23, 2022 18:46:03  #36

As competition for Crimson.  Though I'm not really sure if I want to do it since I would have to keep track of two O.C.'s fights.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 24, 2022 01:15:28  #37

Wait as in opposition or with Crimson? I am sorry but I don't know the lore of your characters.

Time

October 24, 2022 09:07:33  #38

More likely to be in opposition with Crimson.  Flare is Crimson advisor and (basically Merlin in a way), and he knows that Crimson can get a bit too...hot headed and go overboard in fights depending on how hard he would struggle. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 24, 2022 09:30:33  #39

hi i've finally read through this, and while dust already found its own way to divinity, what if it appeared anyways? i mean, so many powerful travelers would make a great meal if it could get its claws on their souls..
plus given that it found divinity through an extremely non-standard method, dust might be a little curious as to whether or not the flower could still make it more powerful

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

October 24, 2022 11:33:04  #40

So Flare would be more focused on holding Crimson back morso than retrieving a flower?

I think the additon of a "hunter" into the game focused on the participants in additon with the end reward would be pretty cool as well.

I'm liking how the setting is turning out!

Time

October 24, 2022 12:51:31  #41

shall we make the first thread soon? I'm excited

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

October 24, 2022 13:21:01  #42

Time wrote:

So Flare would be more focused on holding Crimson back morso than retrieving a flower?

I think the additon of a "hunter" into the game focused on the participants in additon with the end reward would be pretty cool as well.

I'm liking how the setting is turning out!

Correct, that would be Flare's job.  But I'm not sure how he would interact with everyone else if Crimson is his main goal.  

I could provide a hunter.  One who wants to kill all.

Oh yeah, I love it so far.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 24, 2022 15:31:32  #43

yeah this is looking good

also i'm pretty time was referring to dust as a hunter, considering its role in this would be attacking the competitors and trying to kill them off. though two hunters could be fun

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

October 24, 2022 18:01:16  #44

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

Maybe? I'm thinking we should plan out some
spoiler end results and look at how we can deal with pacing.

I'm also thinking I should introduce my participants and write up their threads

Time

October 24, 2022 18:58:13  #45

Time wrote:

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

Maybe? I'm thinking we should plan out some
spoiler end results and look at how we can deal with pacing.

I'm also thinking I should introduce my participants and write up their threads

I agree we need to plan some pacing.  And making character threads is a good idea. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 24, 2022 22:34:59  #46

for pacing i'd assume it'll last a few weeks in-universe, considering they're supposed to be hard to reach. as for when characters find out about it, what if the less powerful ones got a headstart? i doubt many of them would have good methods for traversing the terrain, be it steep mountain or forest so dense it's almost a solid mass, while the more powerful ones generally have like flight or other methods of quick traversal

October 25, 2022 11:49:14  #47

I wouldn't be opposed to the less powerful characters getting a head start, and you could just easily write that in by just saying they arrived earlier.

Still thinking about intro threads lol

Time

October 25, 2022 12:03:05  #48

What if instead of a head start they get a pack of sorts that'll give them a surviving chance. 

Oh yeah, I'm curious about that too.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 25, 2022 13:18:07  #49

wolffighting2768 wrote:

a pack of sorts that'll give them a surviving chance.

orphos sells them jetpacks and magic guns near the start of the area/hj

October 26, 2022 00:55:04  #50

I could see them trying to get advantage by receiving items at the beginning, but at the same time I think if they are participating, most will be pretty strong already.

If we are following the rules of everyone present was called by some sort of vision, I assume those who actually join in are strong or at least highly confident in themselves.

Time

November 1, 2022 20:48:14  #51

I'm gonna throw Patil into this. I thought it through and decided that he'd definitely go for an opportunity like this. Wouldn't mind him dying even if I'd like him to last a little longer.
Tbh I just wanna watch him suffer.

Also can participants receive divine help or would they be completely on their own? Are we going, hunger games winner gets all sorta vibes or, is it more squid game characters need to pass certain trials kinda deal?

(low key might also throw two other characters into this but that's only if I can finish their character sheets in the foreseeable future)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 1, 2022 21:10:15  #52

Hey the more the merrier I say for now. Cool!

I didn't really think of that either. Hunger Games or Squid Games style? I feel it could be either or. Both make sense. I'm kinda leaning towards completing trials as it'll probably be more easier for rp and flow, and it could be cool that the ambrosia flowers or whatever created settings that simulate trials.

As for direct divine help... idk. I feel like a trial such as this one will probably have the participants be isolated from divine interference. Maybe the location bars off most strong deities from interfering or entering.

Time

November 2, 2022 20:00:15  #53

On that note I should also do my other character intro

Maybe we try to discuss if there is anything specific that we want to happen?

Time

November 20, 2022 14:51:48  #54

bro the amount of times that we talk and then go silent is crazyy

Since the characters I'm going to send it are currently in their intros, I think I'm basically ready to go.

I was thinking about sending one more guy in, but I think it would just take too much time to create his form.

Time

November 23, 2022 23:07:05  #55

Time wrote:

On that note I should also do my other character intro

Maybe we try to discuss if there is anything specific that we want to happen?

Major plot points should be important. Character developments, major injuries, deaths stuff like that yeah?

For Patil, I suppose I'm treating this as a character development arc. It either ends with him understanding that there's more to life than just trying to live or he dies trying to gain immortality ((or a secret third option where he does some how win (highly unlikely) in which I will have to create a deity form for him (I'm assuming the mortals that win this will update to a deity form right?))
Maybe I'll throw Leon in? Donno, he is a busy boi got a principality to run y'know.
Would Marsh be allowed in to like assist people? I feel like they're more of a minor deity, no fighting prowess, more mortal than god, but if someone (*ahem* arcan *ahem*) they were helping participates, Marsh would definitely try to follow.

That said, are there rules for characters that don't want the flower but just to like help a friend or in general want to join the competition not to win but for other reasons?

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

November 24, 2022 14:00:36  #56

I would personally like a reservation on an ambrosia flower for one of my characters if that's cool with everyone lol.

They both can sustain any level of injuries, however atm I don't think I'd like either of them to die.

Oh did I send ever announce  who I'm actually sending in? It's Arcan and Alethea. I was considering sending in the Raven with no restrictions on what can happen to him. He can die and stuff, but idk.

I feel like Marsh is still new and minor enough to be let through. As to participants who don't want the flower but still go in, I feel like the world/game(?) would treat them just like any other participant. Like Dust I think is going just to kill people

Last edited by Time (November 24, 2022 14:03:16)

Time

December 3, 2022 18:07:38  #57

Yes?

Time

December 3, 2022 19:23:03  #58

yeah dust is there solely to try and get some food(souls) after its time slumbering in shadow hell

also i had an idea: what if dust was the one who found it, but since it doesn't need the flower and does need some good snackin. it spread the rumour of the ambrosia flowers being wherever they are(did we say forest? forest mountain? regular mountain? other thing?) to weaker mortals(npcs) who couldn't try to get it themselves, but would tell big powerful people(the actual characters participating) about the flowers.

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (December 3, 2022 19:30:46)

December 3, 2022 23:57:58  #59

I think we said very erratic weather and geography location due to presence of multiple ambrosia flowers.

That could be a pretty good start.

I feel that some may be drawn to the location based off of that. You could also have NPCs for fodder too if need be.

Time

December 4, 2022 00:01:13  #60

As for how we can do things... I'm still thinking about it... maybe we just go with the flow. BUT for at least the first few stages or so we have everyone in the same place/thread to establish some relationships? Then we can just go forth with making threads however we like?

The only thing I'm currently wondering is just how are going to decide on a good time to end/when someone gets a flower?

Time

Board footera