HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2022 01:05:46  #1

The Domain of Flowers Planning Thread

Ngl, I haven't put much thought into it, but here is my idea for right now.

So, a new deity slot. Cool. Now, do you want to make a new deity? Maybe you have a character that has been already existing and is hungry for power (I'm sorry I immediately thought of Shiloh and the Masked ones)? Maybe you just need to clean up your character pool and kill off some characters. Or maybe you just want to write some action PoVs.

Well, my plot idea satisfies all that! Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "competition" for an Ambrosia flower?

My thought was that an Ambrosia flower decides to show itself, in contrast to the common pattern of them appearing by a dying mortal or sprouting quite spontaneously. This one just decided to show up. One way or another, multiple people found out about this ambrosia flower (my first thought was just through visions),, and many decided to make the trek to claim it. You see where this is going, yes? Thinks get violent, blood is spilled, and characters you need to remove from your pool of characters can go.

I thought that also while being granted deityship is a primary reason for many appearing, I'd think many others would show up for their own reasons. Maybe some look to just have a good fight. Others arrive to try to make capital and sell the best equipment. Or even some look to become servants of whoever ascends, no matter who. I think this idea is quite versatile indeed. Plus whoever ascends gets to write that PoV, which would be cool.

I'd think no powerful deities either since that would basically just invalidate the entire plot. Maybe weaker ones could make an appearance though?

If this plot were to actually take affect, I think it would be best if it were a shorter plot, as have some minor planning, like seeing which characters might be there, who might actually become a deity, who can and can't be killed off, that kinda stuff.

I hope I am making sense I barely read this over.

Last edited by Time (January 28, 2023 20:40:23)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 9, 2022 01:06:18  #2

Re: The Domain of Flowers Planning Thread

Now, I also know that this current plot idea is filled with so many holes, but for now, I'd just like to hear what others think.

Time

September 9, 2022 07:58:01  #3

Honestly this idea is lots of fun! My only question is, is it an official competition? Does it have rules? In what way would the participants be competing? Or would you just be keeping that a surprise so the players and characters are both surprised?

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her
plural system (i got guys in my head!)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

September 9, 2022 11:14:11  #4

Yeah, I figured competition was the incorrect word. A better word that would fit the plot may be "hunt" and "free for all"

That's because I don't know who would be trying to run a game when deityship is open to anyone. But then again, this is ggad, not real life or anything of the sort, so a competition could be held by people. I just find it unlikely.

I feel like as I mentioned, it's more of a hunt and a free for all. No rules. All that people know is that it's located in a specific area, and there are others looking for it as well. They can use that info anyway they wish. Or as I said before, they can be there for their own reasons instead of claiming deityship.

Last edited by Time (September 9, 2022 11:15:28)

Time

September 9, 2022 12:18:51  #5

battle royale

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 9, 2022 21:14:17  #6

This sounds really fun! I don't know if I'd throw in any participants, maybe Shiloh? She's not exactly super popular so it'd be a bit of a risk for her but this doesn't happen every day and it's something she's interested in for sure

I can see Orphos being there, either cutting deals left and right with anyone looking for it. Or joining the search himself since having an Ambrosia Flower would be the ultimate bargaining chip.

I've always considered Ambrosia Flowers to be a kind of "whim of the universe" thing so having multiple individuals that the "universe" deems worthy is an interesting premise.

What if there was multiple Ambrosia Flowers scattered around the area? Not a whole lot but we could get multiple new deities out of this

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

September 10, 2022 02:22:00  #7

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

battle royale

Winner winner chicken dinner. Why did you put that in my head I now can't get it out lol.

As for the multiple flowers, I think that might be a good alternative to if there may be multiple characters that people are looking to make deities. I know for one I have at least one character that may be eligible for deityship. I just haven't fully created her, and I figured trying to get a ball rolling will help me do that.

Adding characters like Orphos would make the event much more interesting as well. Having characters make deals for more advantages makes it more fun.

Did you guys have an idea as to where the universe decides to hold this event? My first idea was a foresty mountainous place.

Time

September 10, 2022 07:08:36  #8

what about one flower per sect

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 10, 2022 21:30:41  #9

3 flowers could be a good idea.

Though I was thinking to keep it all centralized in one location so we can have maximum character interaction and competition.

Time

September 11, 2022 19:24:16  #10

Not sure if I could add much to this thread, but just here to say that it sounds like a cool idea and I'm 100% on board with it

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI
----------------------------------------

18 || Braincells? No

September 11, 2022 20:37:16  #11

Nah no worries your support is plenty!

I think I should be asking questions really. Or trying to move things forwards.

So, on that, anyone have some ideas cranking? Maybe some characters you're thinking of making or inserting? If you want to tell ofc.

Atm, I've had two characters I'm making atm that I think could fit this event. I'm also thinking of sending in the Raven. But if I get a sudden burst of character inspiration, I could squeeze in a third new character. I think that's a  lot of characters, and you guys don't need to put in as many, but I'm just feeling like it.

Time

September 12, 2022 04:29:43  #12

I'm definitely inserting my two new characters. 

Axel
I aten't dead

September 18, 2022 15:04:46  #13

Oh I also actually forgot to ask, what do we want the area for the hunt to look like??

As mentioned before, I was thinking of a forest/mountainous area. Maybe the introduction of three ambrosia flowers in the place has made the terrain a lot more dangerous due to them just sitting there and affecting the environment?

Time

September 20, 2022 07:27:02  #14

bump because it's interesting

yes, I agree with that. a mountainous area would make good combat terrain. we can also include it's affects on the wildlife. 

when should we start this?

Axel
I aten't dead

September 20, 2022 09:29:55  #15

I think the sooner the better, really. But I think we need to organize some simple things before looking to start. Some questions/tasks in my mind were:

1. I think this to be quite a short plot, so how can we organize the threads in a timely manner so it doesn't die out?
2. We should make a list of who's gonna be there, and what people are looking to get out of it. Some people might want to kill off specific characters, while others might want to make a deity, so we should try to respect some of that.

As to environment and such, I think it best to the descriptors and whatnot up to you guys for your povs.

Time

October 2, 2022 14:05:14  #16

Bruh, kinda slow or dead or just people busy

BUT, I'm determined to try to get it something moving for a bit... if others are still willing. I know atm Ishmael and Gumy are kinda quiet, but how about you guys @Axel and Marsh

Time

October 2, 2022 15:41:07  #17

I’m 100% on board still, I’m just waiting

Axel
I aten't dead

October 3, 2022 10:37:27  #18

Ok cool, I think I have a few participants ready as well, but idk if what we have together will be "enough"

Time

October 7, 2022 11:36:42  #19

Hmm hbu @Marsh?

If not... idk do you wanna try this just me and you Axel? I'd think others could jump in if they wished.

Time

October 19, 2022 09:46:15  #20

Personally I like the idea for multiple ambrosia flowers, makes it more of a fun experience.  And we could do like a ever-changing grography like Crimson's home world, Arithnia.  So that no one could possibly get an advantage or disadvantage since how random it could be.  Just a thought.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 19, 2022 12:10:37  #21

Oh shoot I actually really like the idea of changing geography. Result of so many ambrosia flowers concentrated in the area. Changing geography and sometimes extreme weather too maybe?

Time

October 20, 2022 10:22:23  #22

Yes!  And we could also add in that however many people are near the ambrosia flowers that the more the geography changes, because the flowers act like a compass of sorts.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 20, 2022 12:50:07  #23

I like that idea too!

As of current, I'm sure we have enough background info, so now maybe we should look to how we handle the plot itself?

Time

October 20, 2022 17:56:59  #24

As it's heading right now, it's like a Hunger Games-ish plot.  I understand the tournament part, but thinking it over logically, it would be a bit of a hassle to have a lot of deities fighting each other at one.  We'd have to keep the RP participants to a small choice group.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 20, 2022 20:41:17  #25

Yeah for sure. As you may have read above, I think the idea of just having only characters who participate in the actual hunt be actual submitted PoV characters, sent to the specific location by a dream or something. Oh I should also point out as you may have missed it, but I feel most of the participants in the battle will either be mortals, low level deities, demi-gods, or like, half-god weird thing stuff. We can just say the visions only targeted them or something.

Random thought but I think it would just be cool for the outer rims of the location have sprinkles of just spectators or shop keeps trying to sell participants weapons or something.

Also another thought... is it really a tournament? Since there isn't really an official judge or anything. atm I don't really have a better word for it lol

Time

October 20, 2022 20:51:04  #26

Well Crimson can technically be a full on deity.  I'll post the extensive lore for his form tomorrow, but just for insight, Crimson is actually a shattered soul split into 3.  The other two are Praxis, the Kyngs Shadow and Malicore, the Kyngs ill intent.  Yes, that is their official titles.  So I COULD make him a full deity if I wished.  

Make it more of a realistic battle?  I like that.  

Battle Royale?  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 21, 2022 00:35:53  #27

Well I guess he still fits the bill with a reasonable motivation

I think it's a default that it's more "realistic" of a battle as in this is an opportunity for people to clear out their character list if you know what I mean

The word phrase battle royal has been so heavily tainted by video games. But yeah, pretty much. Free-for all?

Last edited by Time (October 21, 2022 00:36:58)

Time

October 21, 2022 13:16:41  #28

Agreed.  

Yeah, I get that.  

Yeah, that's the closest it really is.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 21, 2022 19:46:13  #29

Well, other than that, I think the plot should be more or less loose, but we should still have a grip on it for proper pacing. Any ideas?

Time

October 21, 2022 20:22:52  #30

Not many honestly.  I'd have to think it over.  Putting it out on the spot isn't good.  I'll think of something.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Board footera