HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2022 17:36:06  #1

Oc ideas that are way too big for my braincells

Yes I'm aware I have an oc planning thread but I've redone my entire oc universe so I believe a new thread is called for. That said, I do hope that one of these days I can create one big cohesive story somehow from the various snippets that keeps floating up in my head. Enjoy the mess that is my brain

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 31, 2022 17:43:59  #2

Re: Oc ideas that are way too big for my braincells

[Non-GGaD]

Let's start, first thing's first with the creator.

name: Marshroom

Lore-wise shroom is the creator of all, often referred to as the master of fate or simply Creator. Design-wise shroom is literally just everything I want to be (oh to be an inkcapped mushroom who does nothing but sit in a room and create silly little stories with silly little characters all day). Essentially shroom will be my internet avatar/persona and technically the "self-insert" in my ocs universes (they'll never make an appearance in any stories though).

(shroom also feeds my god-complex but that's just a side-bonus)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 31, 2022 17:52:48  #3

[Non-GGaD]

(I say I don't have favorites, but I've redesigned this baby 5 times just so she's perfect.)

name: Noren?

Lore-wise she is the supreme goddess of space. One of the two supreme deities of the universe. Her job is to keep entities from breaking rules they're not meant to be breaking. Her rule extends to the sun, moon, planet, and the vast emptiness of space. Thus of course manipulation of spaces is a breeze, allowing her to teleport as well as transform her surroundings at will. 
Not lore-wise, she's the oc I've had with me since, almost the beginning. She's gotta be the second if not third oc I've ever made and after many iterations she's become this lovely baby. I think I even melded a bit of her with my past GGaD ocs which if you notice, no you don't.

Last edited by Silverphoenix580 (September 22, 2022 21:08:23)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 31, 2022 18:00:51  #4

[Non-GGaD]

name: also undecided

Lore-wise, she is the supreme goddess of time (not to take Time with a capital T's thing lol). Similar to the goddess of space, her job is to also keep entities from breaking rule's they're not meant to be breaking. The things under her rule would be time, life, death, and the states in-between. To narrow it down, if the goddess of space were in charge of the tangible universe that people can see and interact with, then the goddess of time would be responsible for the intangible parts that make up the universe.
Not lore-wise, I 100% completely made her so my darling totally not favorite oc has a girlfriend. Then I got too invested in what was originally supposed to be an npc and now she has a personality, backstory, everything.

(also thighs)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 31, 2022 18:17:33  #5

[Non-GGaD]

name: undecided (yet again) (I have a problem)

Lore: He is the enforcer of fate, often times known as The Judge or the God of Fate. He's often mistaken for the Creator or as a god. In truth he is not a deity of any sort and is more like a really high ranking angel. His job is simple, fix any problems where entities go off script. This job is quite easy for him since he can clearly see the paths that every entity takes. Meaning if one were to go somewhere they're not meant to or do something they're not supposed to he can spot that mistake and take the necessary measures to put the story back on the right track.
(no comments, but he probably needs therapy) (Honestly which of my ocs dont need therapy)

(image will be added later)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 31, 2022 18:18:36  #6

just dumping the big three for now since they're the only ones I have a clear view of. Other ocs will come later once I'm certain of their stories and roles

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 1, 2022 10:31:00  #7

Maybe I should put a header as to what type character I'm talking about as well. That's smart. I'm doing that on my idea thread from now on.

For these characters though, are they going to play as main character? Or are they just apart of  the pantheon in the world? Ik you mentioned that Shroom won't be appearing in your stories, but what about the others?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 1, 2022 18:12:11  #8

Time wrote:

Maybe I should put a header as to what type character I'm talking about as well. That's smart. I'm doing that on my idea thread from now on.

For these characters though, are they going to play as main character? Or are they just apart of the pantheon in the world? Ik you mentioned that Shroom won't be appearing in your stories, but what about the others?

Well considering I dont even have a main story, but instead multiple stories taken place in the same universe just on like different planets and settings and stuff. They'll have their own plotline but might also make appearances in other stories as well, depending on the situation.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 1, 2022 18:32:59  #9

[Non-GGaD]

I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but a pretty big part of the worldbuilding is a game called mrpg (mortal rpg) where the deities basically to play as mortals for fun. It started off as less of an official game and more of an "hmm I wonder if I can just pretend to be a mortal for a few years" then later evolved into what it is today. It's quite popular amongst the more high ranking deities that have too much power and too much boredom to actually care about the consequences their actions will have on the mortals themselves.

For reasons no one knows, an unknown deity decided to create a essentially the celestial version of an app that offers up available mortal positions, roles, and storylines for other deities to pick and participate in. This is to help deities who wish to get into this type of gaming have an easier first run, but also to gives the deities who don't want to or aren't creative enough to create their own characters a path to follow. The app gives deities flexibility options, for example full script or just character descriptions to go off of, which is one of the reasons why this game blew up amongst the divine.

(idk how I made role playing an essential part of my worldbuilding, like it wasn't even intentional, it just made sense to me. "Hmm I wonder how deities would spend their free time, oh I know probably obsessing over characters just like me and if I was a deity I'd just become my OCs")

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 1, 2022 18:41:11  #10

[Non-GGaD] 

I realized I'm starting big, huge, cosmic with my ideas and worldbuilding, and it might be an issue BUT. I promise I'll go into mortal territory...one day. Once I stop obsessing over my immortal babies whom I love very much and are only immortal because I feel like I owe them so so much for making these three the cringiest-wannabe-edgelord-13-year-old-kid-made-this-up OCs. They're all getting a makeover, an upgrade, and hopefully getting drawn more than once.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 1, 2022 18:48:22  #11

[GGaD]

I wanna make a character that is just angry all the time, like all the time. She's gonna be all bite and bark, "violence is never the answer. It's the question and the answer is always yes" vibes. And it was going well until I realized, the last time I remembering being truly mad and angry was years ago and I do not know a thing about how angry people should act, let alone role play as one. 

(also, imma sit on marsh's intro thread until I can decide on what scenario I wanna throw them into)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 2, 2022 13:08:43  #12

RUFF RUFF RUFF BARK BARK BARK RUFF BARK GGGGRRRR RUFF RUFF BARK

just like that

Time

September 2, 2022 13:09:40  #13

I'm sorry i just realized I just barked a lot it's just the first thing that came up in my mind when thinking about angry peope I'm sorry

Time

September 2, 2022 17:39:02  #14

Tbh she should 100% warning bark. Imma add that to my scatterbrain list of traits that come together to make a vague singular identity 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 3, 2022 17:55:45  #15

And so I said "I'm gonna make mortal ocs," y'know like a liar.

(I physically cannot let go of an oc and it is becoming a problem, when when I kill them i feel the urge to bring them back to life, help)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 4, 2022 19:58:29  #16

Silverphoenix580 wrote:

Tbh she should 100% warning bark. Imma add that to my scatterbrain list of traits that come together to make a vague singular identity 

I just thought of this and I remembered of a youtuber that gets angry really easily when playing games.

I also though, why would your character be angry? There's a lot of reasons to be angry.

Time

September 5, 2022 09:45:08  #17

I need to put this down before I forget it: "Will you be the 'knows how to play chess' to my 'eats the chess pieces'"(romantic)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 5, 2022 09:49:43  #18

Time wrote:

Silverphoenix580 wrote:

I just thought of this and I remembered of a youtuber that gets angry really easily when playing games.

I also though, why would your character be angry? There's a lot of reasons to be angry.

I'm thinking, a deity of anger and revenge. Like a manifestation of all the unjust suffering in humanity that turns into anger and resentment. Essentially they believe that anger is a necessary emotion for humans and sees it as their duty to enact revenge on behalf of those who wish to but do not have the power to do so.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 5, 2022 16:58:33  #19

That is absolutely lovely I do highly support it.

While there hasn't been much talk on new deities development I am absolutely looking forwards new interactions.

Time

September 8, 2022 20:54:39  #20

[GGaD]

*pulls out my google doc* It's time, to slam all my favorite character tropes into one mess of a "character" and then pretending like I know what their personality is.

I think, the anger/revenge goddess is a keeper. As for origin story, I could be basic and go "she's just born like that lol" or (if forenguard lore works for this) some form of corruption arc.
So far, brainstorming-wise I keep going back to one backstory idea centered around a small insignificant guardian goddess of a village who is betrayed by her followers and that causes her to corrupt bringing down her wrath upon all those who wronged her, or something like that. The betrayal thing needs to be more defined, current idea has something to do with human greed and her past followers wishing to take her powers for themselves (not sure if it's possible for mortals to take the powers of deities though, further research is required). 
Alternatively, I could do the mortal turned deity ambrosia flower thing. Any backstory for her will involve a betrayal of some sort just because of the whole revenge aspect.

(Still trying to decided whether I'm going for raw rage anger or something a bit more cold and smoldering)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 10, 2022 19:21:28  #21

I say I'm gonna make a new oc and not even get their google doc ready, smh what's with my brain

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 10, 2022 21:46:03  #22

hold up you prep your google docs for characters? Please I wish to know how. I love to hear about how other people go about creating characters.

I just open one up and copy paste the form on there.

Time

September 11, 2022 19:20:55  #23

Time wrote:

hold up you prep your google docs for characters? Please I wish to know how. I love to hear about how other people go about creating characters.

I just open one up and copy paste the form on there.

It's just a personal preference really, I find it easier to work when I have like sections for the form, detailed backstory, character art, and such. (Sometimes I add a character breakdown section when I'm really going ham)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 11, 2022 19:21:43  #24

My toxic trait is wanting to romanticize my OCs toxic trait

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 13, 2022 20:19:07  #25

[GGaD]

Name: Marsh

They're a deity who became a deity through sheer luck. A complete accident, and 100% unexpected, possibly at the worst moment of their life as well. Early 20s, stressful times, usually people are aiming to get their first big job, figure out how to be independent, what their goals are, life plans, a bucket list ect. Of course, most of this goes down the drain when death isn't really a factor anymore, at least not in the near future or even far future. The concept of time is also hard to grasp when your lifespan turns from maybe seventy to eighty years to most definitely probably over a few centuries to infinity. The nuances of immortality is something that mortals have a hard time wrapping their minds around because well, they're mortals. Marsh is no different, except they're not a mortal now which feels odd to say the least. They don't feel different, there isn't some a 'how to be a deity 101' manual that came with the immortality, no matter how hard they wished there was, and they very much do not know how to be a deity. Oh what a mess.

(All my ocs gonna get character entries, but only when I'm ready to put them here hehehhe)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 14, 2022 01:38:22  #26

I too like making little character entries and summaries.

Time

September 22, 2022 16:20:24  #27

I wanna info dump Nemesis' full backstory so bad, and like it's probably never gonna come up fully in the rp but also I wanna keep it as a little secret Easter egg just for myself 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 22, 2022 21:07:38  #28

[Non-GGaD]

name: Noren

Formerly known as the supreme god of space, Noren has resign his position and immortality in exchange for his mortal lover's life. This action is just one of the few times where fate has been rewritten and allowed to be rewritten by the enforcer. Normally such a thing would not slide, but Noren and the enforcer are friends so that's why he got let off. That's what he thinks anyways.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 25, 2022 20:00:14  #29

[GGaD]

About Nemesis: Purpose

When I created Nemesis, I really kept fumbling with one aspect of her character, which was purpose. There are many reasons for anger, and eventually I settled on revenge, but that didn't feel sustainable. Revenge is very short-fueled anger and usually it disappears once the deed is done, not very suitable for a deity. However what is sustainable is humanity, and as long as humans exist, there will be anger amongst all the other emotions. And suddenly it clicked, Nemesis' purpose was to serve.

She may be a deity, but she's a deity of the people, her purpose is to carry out the anger that should be resolved. Nemesis has always put the emotional needs of her followers above all else, and found satisfaction in that life. For her, to help people and to bring people closure was always the point of what she did. It was never about the process but the result.

(That's why I gave her a literally support skill)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

October 2, 2022 20:37:08  #30

Who woulda thought the backstory is what's holding me up on these new oc forms. I just keep going into detail when I really shouldn't

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera