GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2022 07:51:51  #1

[Intro] There’s a weird humming noise coming from a clearing

If you choose to approach/investigate, you will find that the buzzing is coming from hundreds- possibly even thousands- of bugs flapping their little wings together. These bugs range in size, from normal insect size to about the size of a kitten. In the center of the clearing, where the bugs are thickest, you may see a young woman, with wide purple eyes, mushrooms growing out of her hat, and crystals coming through her skin at major joints.
What do you do?

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her
plural system (i got guys in my head!)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

August 29, 2022 17:56:16  #2

Re: [Intro] There’s a weird humming noise coming from a clearing

bump i guess?

(Also forgot to mention in original post but she is scribbling in what appears to be a notebook)

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

August 29, 2022 20:45:33  #3

((Oh yeah things usually are a lot slower here since not as many people. I'm also thinking who to choose to send in since I don't want to use my deity rn))

Neer was spending some time walking around in wherever this setting exactly was (probably a forest), with his younger sister in tow. Eventually, upon hearing this humming noise, the pair decide to investigate, with Neer telling Lydia to stay back, while Lydia just decides to follow him anyways.

"Uhm... Hello? Good day to you? Miss?" He calls out from the edge of the clearing down to her, wondering even if his voice will carry through the sound of all those wings.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 29, 2022 23:18:26  #4

Upon hearing Neer’s voice, the crystal lady hops up and bounds over to Neer and Lydia, looking them over curiously before speaking, nearly shouting, with barely restrained excitement, “Hi!! Who are you? I’m Emmyn!! Quick question, have you seen a scarlet-spotted wood beetle anywhere around here? I’m trying to get one for my collection!!” She speaks so quickly it’s hard to believe she can get all the words out of her mouth at once.

The bugs seem to turn their collective attention over to where Neer and Lydia are standing, but make no abnormal movements.

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

August 30, 2022 19:08:13  #5

Neer takes a few steps back in response to Emmyn's response. "Oh, well, I'm Neer Pages." he answers, he's currently trying to assess more if this stranger is a threat or not, "Oh well, how big is this, but you're looking for?" He says to stall as he studies her.

"Eeep!" Lydia squeaks as Emmyn zips over to them, trying to use Neer as a shield to hide behind. Though her wings are still kinda sticking out from behind him.

Time

August 30, 2022 22:34:16  #6

Emmyn bounces in place a little. Those with highly keen senses may notice the faint cracking noise, or notice the tint crystals that sprout up where her bare feet touch the ground.

“Hi Neer! Hi Eeep! Nice to meet you! The beetle’s about yea big-” she pinches her fingers together maybe a quarter inch apart- “but who knows around me anymore?” All of this is in the same exuberant tone and speed of speaking. After this greeting, she seems to lose interest in Lydia and focuses mainly on Neer. The ever-present manic gleam in her eyes makes it somewhat difficult to tell, but she appears to be sizing Neer up as well.

An observant onlooker might notice that the crystals on her skin have an odd shimmer to them, and radiate a magical aura.

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

August 31, 2022 11:51:28  #7

"Oh, well then, I haven't seen that sort of creature as far as I know." He gives a smile as to try to show he's all friendly.

Neer's stance currently seems to be protective of his sister at the moment. His hand does hover close to his back-waist area much like where a weapon would be stored. But more or less, it looks like he's a normal human. Though one could get the feeling he does have some sort of magic technique, otherwise he wouldn't have approached. Unless he's just stupid. But overall, he has a very cautious look about him, which I think is a proper response to someone like Emmyn. A crazy person, that is.

Time

August 31, 2022 12:50:55  #8

Emmyn leans in, blithely invading Neer’s personal space. An idea hits her, and she quickly scribbles something down in her notebook before returning her attention to Neer and Lydia.

The look in Emmyn’s eyes changes almost imperceptibly, as the gleam of manic friendliness hardens into an uncaring, amoral sort of curiosity.

Slyly (but still carrying the echo of her previous energy), she addresses Neer once again.

“Say, Neer, would you and Eeep! here be open to helping me out with a little experiment?” She appears to be expectant, almost anxiously excited.

The bugs are no longer at attention, and seem to be carrying out their normal buggy business (but few seem to be leaving the clearing).

Neer and Lydia might not notice this, especially if they are fully focusing on Emmyn, but if either is particularly sensitive to magical energies then they may sense some small bits of magic nearby, snaking towards them from behind and pooling around their feet. If, for whatever reason, either decides to look closely at the ground around their feet, they might see some tiny, jagged, pale purple crystals pushing up out of the earth.

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

September 1, 2022 00:44:06  #9

Fortunately or unfortunately, Neer's magic ability is all about sensing. He quickly steps back, pushing back Lydia as he did so. Being careful not to step on any of the crystals, "It's gotta be a no. Sorry. Especially when you're silently growing crystals at our feet. What're you looking to do? What do you want?"  He narrows his eyes, that smile if his before replaced with a much more serious personality. By this point, he's really considering a preemptive attack.

Lydia glances down to stare at the crystals while wrappings her hands around on of Neer's arms. Luckily while backing up she didn't step on any of them if they were loaded with any sort of reaction.

Time

September 3, 2022 13:03:56  #10

((Ok how about bumpy))

Time

September 3, 2022 21:25:22  #11

Emmyn scowls for a second, before resuming her grin. “Aww, you caught me! I wanted to see if my crystals have any effect on clearly magical people, but fair’s fair!”

Seemingly true to Emmyn’s word, the crystals recede back into the ground.

Emmyn backs off a step or two, and the dangerous look appears to have left her eyes, as quickly as it had come.

“So… what were you guys doing in the forest?” She asks. “Is there anything interesting going on around here? I haven’t really been paying much attention to the goings-on for a while now, what’s been happening recently?”

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

September 4, 2022 01:57:07  #12

"Magical? We're not magical." Neer lies. Well, half-lies. Neer is possesses magic, Lydia doesn't, "I can't just let that slide. WE should be the ones asking the questions. What do you think you're doing? You can't attempt to attack unaware passerby!"

Time

September 5, 2022 15:38:02  #13

When Neer says “We aren’t magical,” Emmyn gives him a skeptical look. “Those wings say otherwise. Y’don’t normally see nonmagical people with wings.”

She then registers the second half of Neer’s indignant outburst.
“You can’t just tell me to not ask questions- I’m a scientist, after all! And I was gonna put you guys back afterwards, probably, if I remembered to.”

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

September 6, 2022 00:34:05  #14

Both ignored the comment on Lydia's wings. While Neer outright just ignores it and continued on talking, Lydia looked downwards and away  as if trying to hide from the statement.

"Put us back? So you just admitted in that you were looking to kill us?" Neer accused.

Last edited by Time (September 6, 2022 00:34:44)

Time

September 6, 2022 00:38:40  #15

Emmyn pretends to look shocked and scandalized at the accusation. Emmyn is not very subtle. “Whaaat? No! I would not do that! The crystals are just a precaution!” She continues blathering on in this manner for as long as Neer and Lydia will let her, just denying and covering up but doing it really badly and obviously, all pointing to the conclusion that yes, she just murders random people in the woods for reasons that probably make lots of sense to her.

(Sorry if this is incoherent i am very tired rn. we’re in the same timezone time you should be sleeping too)

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her

September 7, 2022 11:08:26  #16

Neer grimaced, "You're lucky that my sister is here. Things would have wound up differently for you otherwise." In reality, Neer is guessing that he'd most likely lose if they went against each other in this situation. He wouldn't have the best surprise, and his attacks are more single target based, "What do you even plan to achieve?"

The pair creates some distance between Emmyn. Who would want to be near someone like that!?

Time

September 10, 2022 21:48:13  #17

((Hmmm maybe?))

Time

Board footera