GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2022 20:54:42  #1

(@Galaxian) Someone is spending some time alone in a forest

Wow, the most basic rp setting. A forest. Lets just give some descriptors. The forest seems to be more or less quiet, give or take an occasional bird call. The trees stand tall, and thin, and reasonably spaced from one another. and most have other plants like lichen and moss climbing up from the dirt floor.

Whatever, anyways, a young girl, as mentioned above in the title, is by herself in this unnamed forest. She's keeping to herself, and quietly walking around, eyes most of the time focused on the floor, and arms stuck into her pockets. She's very quietly mumbling to herself in unintelligible words, barely louder than a whisper.

At some point though. She stops, leans onto a tree, and slowly slumps down into a seat, giving a long sigh afterwards. After a few moments, she grabs a pebble from beside her, and hurls it at a tree in opposition to her position. It which it dink off, making a quiet reverberating echo.

She continues to toss small rocks and sticks all at the same tree, whispering to herself.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 31, 2022 00:57:06  #2

Re: (@Galaxian) Someone is spending some time alone in a forest

Contrary to the described girl, another girl is making her way through the forest, only stopping to watch some ants walk around or give a pair of birds some space. She's skipping a little as she walks, though somewhat erratically, as she somehow manages to avoid all the mounds and twigs on the ground on her way to wherever she's going. 
Someone who's been watching her would know that she doesn't actually seem to have a destination. She's been around this area for almost the entire half day, watching caterpillars and deer and the occasional, unexpectedly diurnal owl. And maybe that's why she notices a different sound rather quickly. She takes care as she slowly draws to a halt and looks for the source of the noise.
She finds that source rather quickly, helped by the relatively quiet nature of the forest. But because shouting a greeting from here would probably be impractical and startling, she waits a bit, observing for a little while longer. Only after watching the other throw a few more small projectiles at the tree does she start walking again, swerving around other trees and careful to walk in a large arc away from the other in case her presence is sensed. By the time she finally gets to what she considers to be an appropriate position, a minute or two has passed. Stopping near a patch of small trees, so small and sparse they could almost be considered a clearing to a path, she opens her mouth and speaks.
"Hi! Excuse me..!” She starts off rather quietly considering how much louder she could have been. She also has a good smile, even though it's not the most radiant. It's genuine and simple in that way. “I was just passing through this part of the woods from the back, but I didn't want to startle you."
She’s still smiling, of course, her hands visible. She’s the opposite of threatening, though not in an extreme sense. She seems friendly enough, but hopefully that conveys to the other girl. That's the most important part of it, after all. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 31, 2022 14:11:08  #3

The girl looks to the other from her seat. Upon observation, the girl looks tired with noticeable bags. She also looks quite glum. Maybe a little frustrated too.

She pulls up her knees to her chin, and wraps her arms around them. and looks back to the tree that's her target. Her wings slightly shift to somewhat hide her body.

It seems like she's silently saying "Go ahead and pass through then". It also looks like she does not expect a conversation, or maybe hopes for no conversation.

Maybe the other should give her a conversation? She looks like she needs it.

Time

September 1, 2022 01:45:34  #4

The girl peers at her, her eyes bright. However, it's quite easy to see a flicker of concern pass through her eyes as soon as she registers the other girl's unhealthy look. Like she has an instinct to comfort someone, she almost leans forward as she reacts, barely stopping herself at the last moment.
Well, clearly, she's not going to just leave. That'd defeat the purpose, and besides, that wouldn't be like her at all.
The next time she speaks, it's after another small bout of thinking, and now her voice clearly gives off an aura of concern. "Hey, I'm sorry, but are you okay?" 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2022 00:05:38  #5

The other, who's wing was hiding her head, brought it down slightly to reveal a purple eye peering over to her. "...Why do you ask? " She whispers. Her voice can be barely even heard, "I'm fine."As of now, she's debating whether or not it's time for her to depart the forest. Another person around is kinda annoying, especially right now. She hoped that being out here would mean nobody would come and talk to her, but as the current situation, that was obviously proven wrong.

((See that? Getting experimental with the size of text))

((I realize that this is the first time where Lydia is actually on her own and I can show more of her personality or what I've just thought up to portray her)

Last edited by Time (September 2, 2022 00:05:51)

Time

September 2, 2022 01:26:01  #6

(I do like the font size conveying the volume of her voice :D)

Technically, the question is rhetorical, but this one happens to not have enough practice with those. So, she treats it like an actual inquiry, answering sincerely: "You look a little down. A little tired, too. I know I'm probably bothering you right now, but I don't want to risk turning away and being wrong to do that. So..."
She smiles brightly. "Other than leaving or something like that, maybe I could help somehow? Do you maybe want to talk about something? Or maybe you want to draw? I have a sketchbook on me that you could use!"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2022 14:59:46  #7

Lydia just eyes the other girl, as if she's thinking about what to say for a good moment. She then looks away and down to the dirt and finally decides, to whisper something, "Can you sit with me?" she asks. Now this one was pretty quiet, as if she was timidly hoping for a request to be granted.

Time

September 5, 2022 00:23:25  #8

"Of course!" The teenager beams and walks, almost bounces, over to where the other is. Though, it's less like she's not caring to watch her step at all and more a natural jubilance that is just incorporated into her movements. In any case, she smooths her clothing behind her and plops down unceremoniously next to the other, tucking her knees in and resting her hands on either side. 
It seems she has a piece on her back designed to act as a cushion of sorts to sit on. Interesting.
She tilts her head slightly, keeping some words to herself temporarily to read any cues from the other on the situation, like whether Lydia wants to talk more, wants some quiet time, or things like that. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2022 16:23:44  #9

Well, it is a while before Lydia speaks up. About few minutes, if the other allows it.

Lydia shifts her wings a bit more to show more of her face, "What's uh, what's your name?" She asks, its a bit louder as well, but it's still pretty quiet.

Time

September 6, 2022 01:27:16  #10

By the time Lydia speaks, the other girl has untilted her head, since she's not an actual owl girl, and is mostly just observing the tree with genuine interest. But her response is so fast that it feels like she was definitely waiting for the other to talk. 
"I'm Manai!" she says. She turns her head towards the other and brings one of her legs closer to her torso. "Manai Chinami." She grins. "Now here's the expected response. What's your name, if you're okay with telling?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 7, 2022 01:07:40  #11

"Uhm. Lydia Allum." She responds, trying to respond in a much more reasonable time. She stays silent for a bit, but then realizes she should include her last name, "Lydia Allum Pages."

Time

September 7, 2022 01:24:02  #12

"It's nice to talk with you, Lydia!" she answers, adding, "And to meet you, of course." She pauses for a little moment as if trying to recall what she wanted to say. "Oh, I just realized your name also starts with an L! I think that it's a really nice name. Though, uh, not directly because of what letter it starts off with." She gives a little laugh. "Sorry, that might have sounded weird."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 7, 2022 23:55:03  #13

Lydia gives a slight frown, she looks a bit confused by Manai's comment on her name, "Thanks, I guess?" she replies. Now it's back to silence, like she's wondering what she should bring up or say.

Time

September 9, 2022 01:33:11  #14

Somehow, Manai's already getting used to the intermittent silence. She just takes it in stride and resumes a little pattern of occasionally glancing at the other girl and looking at a pair of bugs that just skittered past some nearby grass, presumably to strike a balance between looking entirely disinterested in the conversation or demanding an immediate response.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 10, 2022 21:43:37  #15

Lydia forces herself, or somewhat sounds like she's forcing herself to speak again, "Uh, it's my brother." She looks up from the dirt and to the tree where she was throwing rocks at.

Time

September 14, 2022 01:00:23  #16

Manai's mouth definitely forms a little O on that one.
"Your...brother...?" she repeats, a little slower than her usual speech tempo. She too slowly brings herself to look at the tree, her eyebrows rising a little, slowly, like the translucent fog around a harbor at morning. 
But, she seems to snap out of whatever state she was in just as quickly. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she quickly apologizes. "I didn't realize." She raises a hand and smiles at the tree. "What's his name? Or, what's your name? I'm Manai, as you probably heard already! It's nice to meet you!"
Oh no.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera