GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2022 14:25:31  #1

[Intro] A stranger wandering the ruins of a ravaged town

It was clear from the wreckage that whatever did this left no survivors. In fact, there were no signs of life anywhere, except a young man strolling by, looking at the ruined buildings while cutting an apple. He was obviously on edge, so it would probably be best to keep your distance.

RUSSET

August 21, 2022 17:11:28  #2

Re: [Intro] A stranger wandering the ruins of a ravaged town

(Was about to put Kiaane in then regained my senses lol)

Hitan had been giving the man a wide berth as he surveyed the ruins for himself. He had discerned rather quickly how bad the damage was, though he didn't appear particularly perturbed, if at all. Maybe he was used to it, or pretending he was. Regardless, he seems to be more inclined to wait than immediately approach the other, also giving the other time to notice his presence and maybe approach him instead.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 21, 2022 17:55:22  #3

The stranger stopped in his tracks, before turning to a wrecked house and looking it over. He entered the home through a large hole in the wall, stepping over the rubble on the house floor. He walked over to a shelf full of books that was surprisingly mostly intact, though very dusty. He stored the knife he was using to cut the apple in a satchel he had with him. He reached towards the books, but stopped his hand, seemingly hesitant to touch the dirty books. He hadn't spotted Hitan yet, but he was aware he wasn't alone. He made a quick glance towards the hole from which he came, before returning his gaze to his outstretched hand. It was visibly shaking.

RUSSET

August 21, 2022 20:55:19  #4

A large wolf, much larger than one should be, followed closely behind the stranger into the house, curious and not seeming to be threatening. At least, for now it wasn't aggressive. It sniffed the air behind the stranger, which is kinda loud and noticeable due to its large size.

Alma is much further away, about a block away, looking under some rubble and ruin in curiosity. He wasn't sure if he wanted to find anything. It didn't seem like there was anyone alive, and Alma wasn't the kind of person to want to stumble across a corpse.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 21, 2022 22:03:52  #5

The man flipped around as soon as the wolf sniffed the air. He pointed his knife at the large wolf in case it intended to harm him. Or, that's what he would've done if he had his knife. He had already stowed it away, so instead he pointed half an apple at it. 

RUSSET

August 21, 2022 22:32:37  #6

The wolf stopped sniffing and stared at the dude. Its large, yellow, and honestly a bit creepy, eyes staring at him with amusement. It... smiled at him with a very humanistic manner (it has A LOT of teeth... noticably much more than it should), and leaned forward to sniff at the apple.

Alois is considering talking, but it's also considering biting at the apple to scare the man. That being said, it would be very easy for Alois to bite the man's hand off on accident... which either way wouldn't bother Alois any, other than Alma giving it a stern lecture if he found out.

Last edited by Echo (August 21, 2022 22:36:24)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 22, 2022 00:02:55  #7

The man stared at the wolf before exhaling. He determined that it was very unlikely the wolf before him caused the damage, despite its size. It appears that he was mostly afraid of the possibility that whatever destroyed the town was still nearby. He still kept his eyes on the wolf, before returning his hand with the apple in it to his side. 
"Sorry, buddy. The apple's for me," he said. Looks like he cared much more about having the apple to himself than the danger of being attacked by a massive wolf with a ridiculous amount of teeth.

RUSSET

August 22, 2022 03:47:22  #8

Neer, followed by two other unnamed mages, were currently investigating the area. They were a bit away from the others and the house. However from the angle they were approaching, they would have seen anyone who wasn't in the house or wasn't making an attempt to hide themselves.

However Neer, was using his sensing magic for anything living. Supposedly by now, he could get a good feeling number of living beings in the nearby area.

Neer and the mages were as of the moment making a steady but cautious approach towards the house and the others.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 22, 2022 07:40:23  #9

Alois huffs at the man, sitting down and continuing to stare for a bit. It looks over at the books before sniffing the air again, trying to smell if the books have any magical quality to them. It can smell the other people nearby, but it doesn't have much concern about that. Alma didn't seemed to be worried, so for now Alois wasn't worried.

Alma looks up towards Neer and the two mages, squinting a bit to try to see better. He had forgotten to put in contacts, as well as he forgot his glasses. He kinda has a "old man" squint. He doesn't panic or try to pull any weapons, but instead waves a bit. It's a bit idiotic, really, considering the situation, but Alma's just naturally a friendly dude.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 22, 2022 13:16:12  #10

Under all of the dust, the books did smell a little bit magical. It appears they were mostly spellbooks, and a couple grimoires too. Whoever lived here was some sort of mage. The man looked at the apple in his hand to make sure the wolf didn't actually touch it, before he took a bite. He finally looked away from the wolf and turned to the wall, and with much less hesitation placed his hand on it. 

RUSSET

August 22, 2022 14:34:11  #11

Well, mages? I'm sure the Clocktower mages investigating the place definitely would like to look into that

Ah, a man waving his hand? Well from the mages' perspective, that's kinda suspicious given the context. Whatever that might've done this may still be around. Neer pulls his handgun from his weapon holster, aiming towards Alma, "Identify yourself." he called out.

The other mages reveal their weapons as well, following Neer's lead.

Time

August 22, 2022 14:43:21  #12

Hitan doesn't quite feel like being pointed at with a gun, at least not as of this moment. He's somewhere out of sight of the Clocktower mages and further ducks behind some more debris. If it falls on him, so be it. It's not like he would be harmed.
His current positioning is also more convenient for him to activate his powers without being seen. His eyes switch from green to a more obvious gold, though he's clearly keeping it down to avoid startling anything in the vicinity.
His vision in this state works somewhat like an x-ray, so he can likely see the bodies, if there are any, as well as abnormal magic signatures left behind. He scans the surroundings in as thorough of a manner as possible and waits to analyze the information. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 14:57:06  #13

Alois just watches. It's somewhat wanting to look at the books' content, but for now Alois only watches. It's ears perk up, listening to the conversation far outside. Alois needed to know if it needed to jump in and intervene, if the conversation led to that direction anyway.

Alma can't really see what Neer is holding at him, but it doesn't take much brain power for him to guess. Alma stays rather calm, yet keeps himself friendly.

"Name's Alma Amor!" No point in really hiding his name, really, Alma believes for multiple reasons. "You know anything about this place?" It's a pretty simple question, Alma thinks. Surely that wouldn't get him shot or anything.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 22, 2022 15:33:46  #14

There were plenty of bodies left behind, but most of them were reduced to bones and dust. Definitely hard to spot from the rubble, but they were everywhere. There was quite a large magic signature coming from deeper in the town. 

The man heard Alma speaking, but only barely. He couldn't make out what Alma said,  but turned to the direction of the sound, his hand still resting on the wall. 

RUSSET

August 22, 2022 20:42:29  #15

"Do YOU know anything?" Neer responds back in a stern tone while inching closer, "We have been assigned to investigate this town for what might've happened, and if anyone is still around. Do you have knowledge on either of those two?"

Time

August 22, 2022 22:20:52  #16

Alois huffs at the stranger, which gives a somewhat resemblance to a child telling someone to Hurry up!!!!. Alois was impatient and wanting to know what the dude was going to do. It also wanted to leave and go help its brother, who was starting to feel very distressed. But Alois' curiosity kept it still and watching of the stranger.

Alma replied with, "Not! Really! To be honest, I just heard rumors that something big had happened here, so me and my brother came to look around!" Alma looked around a little, grimacing at whatever was close enough for him to clearly see, which was mainly bones and remains of people. It was a sight that was at least a bit upsetting.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 22, 2022 22:33:07  #17

He was silent for about a minute straight before he removed his hand from the wall. Whatever he did, it wasn't that spectacular. He looked around the room one last time before leaving through the hole he came. He immediately moved towards the direction where the voices were coming from. 

RUSSET

August 22, 2022 22:56:45  #18

"Please wait just a moment."
Hitan's behind the wall. When did he get there? Unclear. He was behind another wall earlier.
"Grouping up at the moment may be unideal and seen as suspicious," he says, very quietly. "You are free to do what you'd like, but I would advise against it."
His eyes are back to green again. He's noted what he has already seen for later reference, so there's no need to continue showing their true color out in the open.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 23:21:38  #19

The stranger was silent for a moment before nodding. While he was curious about what the people in the distance were doing, he decided to take Hitan's advice. 
"Do you know this place? What are you doing here?" he asked Hitan. Looks like the man had never been here before, if that wasn't obvious already.

RUSSET

August 22, 2022 23:37:11  #20

Alois followed quickly behind the stranger, and sneezed whenever Hitan popped up. It sat down, thinking about how anticlimactic the stranger was.

If Alma was there, he would disagree with Alois on the anticlimactic part. To be fair, Alma's being threatened with a weapon.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 22, 2022 23:54:02  #21

The angelic young man shakes his head, indicating a general "No" to the first question. However, he waits a little before answering the second question, possibly to listen to the faraway conversation. At long last, he utters, "No reason in particular." He then makes a faint gesture with his hand towards the other along with an inquisitive look. The implicated question is clear: 'What about you?'
To be honest, he feels like the sneezing sound from the big ol' wolf demon might have given their location away already, especially if it was badly timed, but at least then he'd be sure that it wasn't them having a full on whisper conversation behind the wall. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 23:57:37  #22

"Really? Hm..." Neer his narrows his eyes. Then drops his weapon and serious his serious face, "Well, if you say so!" He says with a small smile.

The other mages gave him a somewhat incredulous look

"What?" He whispers to the others, "He looks genuine enough" He then looks to Alma, "Do you know anyone else other than your brother here?"

Time

August 22, 2022 23:59:27  #23

(Serious mage seriouses his serious seriousness
My POV might have been slightly badly timed. @Time - should I move it to after yours?)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 00:16:34  #24

"I was hired to figure out what ruined this place, and to assess the possibility of a disaster like this happening again," His answer was quick and upfront, kind of like he was in a hurry. "I'm sort of like a private investigator," he added. He then glanced towards the centre of the town. "Right now, I believe there may be something important deeper in the town," While it did appear that he was being honest, it felt like he knew more about what happened here than he's letting on.

RUSSET

August 23, 2022 01:24:15  #25

((Oh wait hold on why is it badly timed I might have to go and reread it))

Last edited by Time (August 23, 2022 01:29:12)

Time

August 23, 2022 02:36:00  #26

(Nvm, Russet responded so I'll have to roll with it xD. The original reason was that if Hitan were listening to the conversation, he probably would have continued talking after Neer gave the okay to the other mages, not before)

Hitan raises an eyebrow ever so slightly. "Ah. Well then, I apologize for delaying you. Is it urgent?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 05:55:59  #27

Tbh, Alma's dressed in his gaudy clothing with quite a bit of makeup, not really fit to be in an atmosphere like this. He looks like he would be more fitting on a stage or on the cover of a model magazine. I guess that would somewhat add to Alma being genuine XD.
Alma shook his head, saying, "No, but I also haven't been paying too good of attention. I mean..." Alma gestured toward some of the ruins. "...It's hard to concentrate when all your mind wants to do is stare at... this tragedy."
He thought for a moment before saying, "There are definitely other people here, though I'm not sure if they're survivors or if they're the ones who did this."

Alois is now just staring at Hitan. It's not sure if it remembers him or not.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 23, 2022 13:32:21  #28

"It's not particularly urgent, but I don't want to keep my client waiting. I appreciate the advice," he said, He changed course to the heart of the town. It seemed the destruction got worse the deeper one went. 

RUSSET

August 23, 2022 14:01:17  #29

He shows a small smile as the other takes his leave.
"Well, I am going to head that way as well," he tells Alois, like the other cares. "Would you like to come along, or would you like to meet up with the others?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 19:30:22  #30

Alois thinks for a moment, tilting its head slightly. When Alois spoke, it didn't move it's mouth much other than to pant, seemingly more similar to a giant dog than a wolf. It's voice was sorta disembodied, yet coming from the direction it was, if that makes any sense?

"Hm. I'll come along. Let me grab Alma first." Alois does in fact remember Hitan, although the memory is blurry. There was a lot of panic last time they had seen each other, to be fair. With that being stated, Alois trotted off towards Alma, who had no choice in if he wanted to go or not.

To be honest, a giant wolf squeezing itself through the hole in the wall somewhat is a bit comical, although definitely punctuating how large it is. It must have shrank down a bit before entering the house.
The hole is now even bigger, and the bits that broke off of the wall are stuck in Alois' coat.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera