GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2022 02:30:12  #31

Re: [Public but @Time since it's in Clocktower] The poisoned mortal lives!

"I wouldn't run headfirst into the keep introducing myself to everyone I meet," he retorted. "I'll stay on the outskirts and wear a disguise. Huck could come with me for protection!"

The Bushbeast tilted his head slightly. "I am not exactly a stealthy creature. I tend to be noticed."

"You could remain underground until I need you! I brought you to me before!" the mortal heaved an exasperated sigh. "I simply don't want to stay here and wait until I remember things only to most likely die in the process."

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Bones are creaky, knees weak, voice is squeaky

September 2, 2022 00:26:45  #32

Time frowns. "It is your choice. Though, can you at least stay for a day? In the Clocktower, there's better tools to use than rather on the road. We could at least confirm and diagnose you. Plus if that... outburst of yours ever happens again, it'd most likely be in a place where nobody may be able to help you. You'd die."

He also nods to Lianhuan, "Yes. You are correct. He will not know who's a friend, and he will not know who's an enemy. What he is doing places him at risk of injury in death. Logically it may be best to stay at the Clocktower. But..." he reasons, looking over to the stranger, "my guess is that for him, technically right now, he isn't really... living. He isn't there helping his people, so he might as well be dead. So for him, it's trying to get his life back. To live once more. He's been quite literally given a second chance at life. Since if Huck didn't find him, he'd be dead by now."

"Or I could just be wrong about my assessment of his character." He shrugs.

Last edited by Time (September 2, 2022 00:29:31)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 2, 2022 00:54:42  #33

The Chinese boy doesn't even smile from Time's affirmation--a rare occurrence indeed. "He's been here a few days," he argues. His eyebrows scrunched up, his shoulders sloped, his entire deportment at the moment certainly makes his stance on the matter quite clear. "No one lives their lives to the fullest every day. A lot of people don't have second chances. So he--"
He stops. A realization dawns on him. He's done it again. He, from a world stuck in time and space, and working under two immortal beings, has again forgotten how transient most people are. As if he's never known or seen it before. 
Lianhuan bites his lip, squares his shoulders, and looks away. It seems the grass in that direction has suddenly become a lot more interesting.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 4, 2022 22:21:50  #34

The man nodded his assent to Time. It made sense for him to remain there longer, as much as he didn’t want to. “I appreciate the concern. I will extend my stay in the Clocktower for a bit longer, but I would like to depart as soon as I can. I am aware my condition is not… ideal, but I would rather find out what I can now than risk worsening and never knowing.”

Huck stepped forward. "Perhaps while you stay here, I can visit this kingdom myself? I know I said I attract attention, but I would be able to move about more easily if I did not have to worry about an amnesiac." Somewhat blunt, but it's clear the creaure means well.

He swung his great head towards Time. "It may do some good to have some of your spellcasters come along. We could make it an official diplomatic visit from a deity?"

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

September 5, 2022 04:06:45  #35

“Can I come too? This seems like the most interesting thing that’s happened in weeks!” Realizing that that might be a little insensitive, Ark continues. “And I want to help this guy too. Yes.” 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 5, 2022 16:56:10  #36

Time nods to Lianhuan, and gives him a look saying that maybe they can talk and sort stuff out later, if he wishes.

He then looks to Ark "I know I'm not one to order you around Ark, as you are you're own deity and you can do what you like," Time looks over to the magic god, "But if you do decide to come, please do not make a scene wherever you go. Do also wear a disguise, please."

He then directs his attention to Huck, "As for mages, I was thinking it to be a good decision to do so. I'll look at my current options to see who might be the best pick to accompany you, and I'm sure the few mages stationed around the region won't mind joining up if extra security or needs are required." He nods to himself.

"As for an 'official diplomatic visit'... are you proposing that I send a representative to chat with the leaders of the coup? Or do you just mean something more subtle in ways of collecting information from those still loyal to the previous ruler and Ishmael?" Since his face is almost always stoic, it's hard to tell, but there are hints of surprise, but even more dominant is his increased interest.

Last edited by Time (September 6, 2022 00:59:42)

Time

September 5, 2022 19:14:02  #37

"It would offer us some cover if we're caught wandering. A group of curious diplomats is more likely to be allowed than strangers. Though it may do us good to figure out who or what is behind this coup. I suppose that is up to you if you would like to send a representative. It makes no difference to me." Huck lifted his injured leg and observed it as he spoke. The rotted portion was now almost completely covered in a large chunk of sap, well on its way to healing.

Call me Ishmael.

September 6, 2022 00:47:25  #38

(@Time - Your persona accidentally called Ark Axel lol
Also just to be on the same page, I think GGaD!Time implied earlier that the main deities know who's behind the coup or at least have a very good guess on it? For the record, that's a big reason why Lianhuan is acting the way he is btw, plus some other stuff lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 6, 2022 05:10:38  #39

“Ohhh, that’s why we need disguises. Alrighty then.” 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 8, 2022 11:45:11  #40

((Shh let's ignore that))

((Tbh I just kinda left it at an implication bc idk how much Time should know. Like how much of a trace did the CDs leave on the coup?))

"No. I will be sending some mages with you." Time nods, "I consider Anetiva to be in an uncertain situation and I'd like to gain more information on what's going on in there."

Time

September 8, 2022 23:42:23  #41

"Understood," Huck rumbled. He turned to the mortal, eyes glowing softly. "Do not die before we return."
Was that a joke? An order? It was difficult to tell. 

"I'll... try not to...?" he responded. 

((*sprints to go make an Anatina thread*))

Call me Ishmael.

Board footera