HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2022 20:34:09  #31

Re: Bliss's Belated Birthday Bash! | A crumpled note appears in your hand.

Echo nods very enthusiastically to everything Galaxian says, agreeing. She isn't much of a talker, definitely not good at conversation.

Silence silently watches and listens to Orphos and Time's conversation. They move closer, being very obvious about it.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 8, 2022 22:54:01  #32

Bliss brightened a little. "Do you think that will actually work?"

Orphos stared at Time for a long moment. "I don't think it'll be beneficial to you at all," he replied, his tone steely. "I don't think it's beneficial to me."
He looked over at Silence with thinly veiled hostility. He didn't really appreciate their comment from before, so he wasn't a fan of them approaching.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

September 9, 2022 01:28:00  #33

"I dunno!" Galaxian's still smiling, though that's his honest take. Seriously, the speed at which he spirals through ways to look at a situation is almost unnerving in its own right. "But there's no way we can just not try at all, I think. So we should!"
While saying all that, he's doing a little pumping action with his two arms, like a plan is already in action and he's cheering it on.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 9, 2022 01:36:51  #34

Time gave a small smile, and looked off somewhere, "One man's trash could be another man's treasure." He says, then looks back to Orphos, "Who knows, it might be my treasure. Honesty, I doubt it will be, but nonetheless, what's so troublesome about it?"

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 9, 2022 02:56:25  #35

Bliss was now considerably more upbeat than she was 30 seconds ago. Galaxian was right. There was no harm in trying, surely? Besides, what was Orphos going to do, get more angry?
She stood and turned back into her room, beginning to rummage through piles of junk on the floor. "There's probably a lot of fun stuff in here. Orphos gets so much random things from deals that he almost never notices when I take things out of Storage for myself. Ooh, like this!"
She held up a pad of yellow lined paper, exactly like the papers her invitations were sent on. No sooner were the words out of her mouth when the entire thing burst into flames in her hand, then disappeared entirely. Gone just as soon as it appeared. She frowned, annoyed and surprisingly calm despite it literally combusting in her hand. "Ugh, they always do that. What a scam."
With little more than a shrug, she was back to looking through the pile, humming a little to herself.

Orphos's eye twitched almost imperceptibly, a flicker of something crossing his face... guilt? Time's needling had struck a chord in him, and his fatigue had frayed his nerves, allowing his temper to get the better of him. "Fine," the god snapped. 
He raised his hand and made a motion as if grabbing something out of the air. In a flash, a sphere of light --a soul-- materialized above his palm. It was no bigger than an apple, awash with hues of orange and bright green, but its shine was so uncommonly bright it was near blinding. Orphos allowed the soul to persist for another few seconds before closing his hand, causing it to disappear once more. As the light winked out, it became easier to see that the dark circles under the god's eyes had lessened considerably. His annoyed expression had softened into a more neutral one, but came back full force once his eyes had readjusted enough to be able to look at Time again.
"There. Treasure enough for you?" he scowled, leaning back in his chair. It was only then he noticed that a vine had erupted from the ground, wrapping around the leg of the chair and ensnaring one of his own in the process. He grumbled some more and started to carefully free himself with a practiced efficiency. 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

September 10, 2022 01:32:08  #36

As the kid looks for party things in front of a guy who can literally summon party things out of thin air, said guy is just watching her cheerfully while not realizing that he can, in fact, summon party things. Or helping at all, for that matter. Somehow, the fact that he never has really needed to look for anything has not triggered the realization as to why he hasn't ever needed to do that.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 10, 2022 21:25:50  #37

In that split second, Time looked to analyze the soul as fast as possible, matching it with whatever he could in his mental library. He was no Ark, who could probably instantly identify the soul, but he still tried.

"I'm afraid it's not." Time shakes his head, "You've only further intrigued me. Tell me about it. The vine, the soul, whatever."

Time

September 11, 2022 08:10:48  #38

Bliss kept rifling through her stolen items, finally coming up with an armload of various things. "These should do something!" she exclaimed as she brushed past Galaxian and made her way downstairs again, not looking to see if he or Echo were following.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Well, that was definitely no mere mortal soul. The dealer god's demeanor turned cagey again. There was no real way to predict the reaction he was going to get, but he decided to just bite the bullet and go for it. "It's Ishmael's. I've been trying to study it but I haven't gotten very far. Near as I can tell, it's got a lot of residual power, which I would expect. I can't even get drunk around it anymore because it... I don't know, heals it?" Orphos seemed more than a little annoyed about that fact. 

"Anyway. Whenever I try something more invasive with it, I don't get very far. I tried to see if I could split the mortal aspects from the divine, and it released this wave of nasty memories at me. I didn't even recognize half the stuff," he grimaced at the thought. "The problem is, I can't contain it like I normally would, and it's impacting the rest of my stock. It took weeks to clear out the carnivorous plant outbreak, and they kept eating my assistants." 

Call me Ishmael.

September 12, 2022 01:06:52  #39

"Holy..." Time's eyes widen as he straightened up, "that was my guess but I never thought it would be correct..."

"How did tou get it, what're you doing with it??" Time shifts his weight from leaning to standing fully. His voice was much more inquisitive and just a slight more intense now.

Last edited by Time (September 12, 2022 01:07:10)

Time

September 14, 2022 01:22:32  #40

Galaxian glances at what the girl has in her arms as she passes, though for a guy who can manipulate atomic structures, he's extremely bad at seeing mechanical structures of things. Or the big picture in general, really.
He's going through a moment of waiting again, though one can't be sure what he's waiting for. He doesn't seem to have acknowledged Echo's presence either, which is weird in its own right; not to mention, his expression is quite serious, even though he doesn't seem to be focusing on anything in general. But he does eventually start down the stairs as well, almost completely silently. For whatever reason, he's decided to go this awkward route rather than the other one, where he just entirely teleports away and lets Echo take the passage down herself.
Hmm. Wonder what could be going on in that nonexistent brain of his.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 18, 2022 00:24:22  #41

Echo followed fairly quickly, leaving her rocks at the doorway. She probably would get them back later, or if she forgot, Echo happily would let Bliss just have them. Echo had a lot of rocks back at home.

Echo yelled, "I wanna help, whatever we are doing!"  She slipped past Galaxian as quickly as she could, seemingly very careful to not bump into him. About halfway down the stairs, she jumped and landed on her feet- then fell hard on her knees as the impact caused her legs to go weak. She stood up and continued on her merry way, unfazed and humming.

Silence the entire time of Orphos and Time's conversation was a bit wide-eyed, but they didn't say anything (although a bit earlier they quietly snickered at Orphos having to free himself from the vine). To be fair, they're just a demigod who doesn't really see much deity-related stuff, which is funny considering Echo is their little sister.
So, in basic explanation, Silence is standing there with their arms crossed and a slight oh-gods-this-is-not-what-I-was-prepared-to-eavesdrop-today expression (ie: Their eyebrows raised, their eyes doing a mile stare, and a distant smile at the ground as if they didn't just see some person's soul).

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 19, 2022 02:04:14  #42

Orphos glanced away from Time, his jaw tightening. This was exactly why he had decided not to share this information for so long. It didn't necessarily paint him a good light if people asked where he was procuring these kinds of things. Still, he wasn't stupid. He had expected this to come around eventually, just not because of a temporary lapse in judgement. Perhaps hiding from the pantheon was making him lose his touch?

"I prefer to keep my sources confidential. Bad for business, you know." the answer was cold, and he stood as well, leaning on the table to get into Time's space. "And I would prefer if word didn't get around. Some deities don't know how to keep secrets and knowledge like this falling onto the wrong ears would not be pleasant for anyone involved."

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Once downstairs, Bliss dumped her armload of things on to the floor. She had a lot of bits and bobs ((feel free to come up with something if it strikes your fancy)), though quite a few of them looked concerningly explosive in nature. She caught a glimpse of Galaxian's expression, and her smile faltered slightly. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" she asked him.

Call me Ishmael.

September 19, 2022 02:37:34  #43

The deity's been staring blankly as he moves, almost as if he's in a trance, but someone asking him a question seems to spark something back into his eyes. He almost starts shaking his head before he realizes that would imply that he is in fact not okay, at which point he starts nodding, a little overexcessively. "Yeah!" he says to the second question, trying his best to round his cheer back into his voice and his smile onto his face. "Sorry about that. I guess something came over me there. Uh..." He trails off briefly, trying to find a way to effectively finish his sentence and the topic in general without sounding too awkward. "I dunno what it was. I'll figure it out later."
He jumps off what must be at least 4 steps of stairs and lands with his arms sticking out, kind of like a vertical plane posture. He's successfully herded his cheerful demeanor from before back by this point. "So! What's the party plan? How can we help? What can we work on?" he asks, like each question is a cannonball and he's the cannon.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 19, 2022 17:47:09  #44

((I'm thinking Bliss and the others would be currently heading downstairs and kinda getting in the way of hearing the convo so...))

Time narrows his eyes and frowns, "Fine." He whispers back through closed teeth, "I still need to know what you're looking to do with it." It appears that he'll stay quiet on the possession of Ishmael's soul for at least a bit, just in case if the word had not spread to the ears of CDs, but at the same time, he wouldn't be surprised if they were already made aware. Orphos is a much more grey type of deity, and Time knows he's always into shady things.

Time

December 29, 2022 05:00:28  #45

((lil bump if anyone is still interested, totally fine if not))

Call me Ishmael.

December 29, 2022 17:02:44  #46

Crimson rolls over on his back and looks at his hand.  "Great...where am I this time?" he said, sitting up and looking around.  "Oi!  Who're you?!"

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

December 29, 2022 21:35:22  #47

((I am in attendance))

Time

December 30, 2022 03:07:49  #48

"No, you don't." the god hissed back at Time. "I don't need any interference. This is bad enough." 

With that he left the table and found his way over to Bliss and the others. If his mood was sour before, it was downright rancid now, but seeing Bliss's pile of ill-gotten goods made him change his tune a bit. "What do you have here?"

The mortal looked down at her loot for a second. "Uh... I'm not sure, honestly."

Call me Ishmael.

December 31, 2022 00:07:38  #49

Crimson throws one of his Kunai at Bliss and whistled.  "Oy, I'm talkin' to ya!  Who're you?!" 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 31, 2022 03:51:10  #50

Time glares back at Orphos before switching to his default stoic expression to face Bliss and the others, "Yeah, where'd you get that stuff?"

BUT THEN: Crimson; Time will literally use time shenanigans to make it appear that Crimson never threw that kunai, or that there was never anything to throw to begin with. Whatever happened, the blade was no longer in the air, but rather palmed by Time's hand.

He stalks up right next to the foreigner god and hisses with a sort of incredulous anger that I'm sure no other deity has heard before, "When you were transported to this world, were you sure you didn't hit your head? How stupid are you? Is this why you need advisors to supervise you?" he whispers, his tone carrying a venomous sting to it, "I'm not sure you how you even arrived at this somewhat secret location, but no matter what, you don't throw weapons at the BIRTHDAY CHILD." That last part was as loud as a whisper yell, he made sure to not go above that volume. Time never expected to say such a sentence, but here it is.

((Sorry for trashing Crimson part 2 @Zane))

Time

December 31, 2022 11:26:16  #51

Crimson stood up and glared directly at Time, the tone in his voice unnaturally serious.  "Perhaps you misunderstood.  I am blind, I cannot see and there are multiple deities here that are scrambling my ability to tell everyone apart.  And raising my voice and yelling would cause unnecessary attention and strike up more trouble than I would want.  I may be from another world, but that doesn't mean, nor give you the right, to order me and scold me on my tryings to adjust to this all.  Also, for your information, yes, I did hit my head, quite a few times.  You try navigating a mountain that's full of rocks before getting transported to another world.  On that note too, don't you ever dare bring my family into my problems.  Nor call them "advisors." if you bothered reading the room and looking into other timelines, you would be able to tell that they saved me and I trust them with my life.  I don't need you ruining their name nor mine.  They are not some supervisors for me, they are family, they guide me and help me.  And I came here likely upon my Creators wish and command.  And how am I supposed to know that I THREW A DAMN KUNAI AT THE BIRTHDAY CHILD?!  I'M BLIND!  So please, leave me alone or help me.  Your choice God of Time." Crimson responded, looking at him dead in the eyes.  "And please return my Kunai.  Shard would kill me if I lost one again." 

((Bhahaha, it's all good Time, it's always cool too see what people come up with.) )

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 31, 2022 22:09:23  #52

Hey look, Galaxian now has a good idea why the spell from before might have been. The kunai itself may be gone, but there's no denying that someone shouting--especially someone who appeared out of nowhere--is rather eye-catching.
He raises an eyebrow slightly and looks at Orphos, no doubt knowing how well the other will take this. But old habits die hard. With a slight "Sorry, excuse me for a bit" aimed towards Bliss and Echo, he heads over to Time and Crimson.
"I'm sorry," he interjects, "is there a problem?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2022 23:59:08  #53

Crimson sighs and shakes his head.  "Not anymore at least." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 1, 2023 05:31:07  #54

Bliss, to her credit, seemed relatively unaffected at a sharp projectile being lobbed in her direction. She simply gave Crimson an insulted look and a half-hearted "Orphos says we're not supposed to throw knives around the cottage" before Time started into his tirade, and figured that was more than suitable for any other additional response from herself.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

"Are you sure?"

Orphos's reply was spoken in a measured, even tone, but even then, his voice was shaking. Not out of fear or weakness, but barely restrained rage. It was palpable-- a dark, threatening aura that rolled off of the deity in waves. His catlike pupils were blown wide, nearly filling his eyes as he looked Crimson up and down. Sure, the god was belligerent and cantankerous on a good day. But this was different. This was not Orphos, the angry drunk who started barfights just as often as he finished them. This was Orphos, the eons-old deity crafted from the dregs of humanity itself, watching that which he held closest to his heart threatened in his own domain. Orphos the father, however flawed that father may be.

"Are you sure?" he repeated again, taking a single step closer to Crimson. The deity's twin machetes remained sheathed at his sides, but his hands twitched almost imperceptibly. He wanted to rip this stranger apart with his bare hands.

Call me Ishmael.

January 1, 2023 11:38:58  #55

"Start a fight here and I assure you the outcome will not be in your favor." Crimson said, staring into Orphos eyes, a slight hint of gold shone in his pupils.  "And for the sake of the birthday party, I suggest you keep your hands away from your weapons." He pushed past Orphos and walked over to Bliss.  "I beg your pardon, but were you the one on the receiving end of my lack of attention and questioning by a kunai?  I am deeply sorry for the trouble I may have caused you.  I am not accustomed to such...environments of having many deities around so this creates a problem for me trying to recognize anyone here.  My name is Crimson Kasani, I am a deity of sorts of Judgement, Flame and Curse.  I am not of Forengard, but of another world called Arithnia.  My home has little to no true deities, including myself, so this world would consider me a demigod, but in reality I am more like a artificial deity.  And do pray tell, how may I make my little incident up to you?"  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 1, 2023 17:35:14  #56

"Yeah. There's no problem." Time sighs, regaining his composure "I figured that Crimson falls under my responsibility since he's from a differing world. I figured if a visitor died on our part, it wouldn't look good for us. He may be an idiot that acts before he thinks, but still."

Time

January 1, 2023 22:07:47  #57

Crimson huffed and turned his head to Time.  "It's rude to talk about people behind their back Time.  I'm not an idiot for your information.  Please do not treat me as such."  he said almost casually, as if he's heard and said that too often.  He turned his attention back to Bliss.  "That is, if I can within my power." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 2, 2023 07:44:44  #58

Bliss looked a bit taken aback at Orphos's reaction. That was not a side of him she saw often, and to be honest it scared her more than a little. "I'm fine. Really, Orphos, it's okay." There was a hint of desperation in her voice.

The god relaxed only slightly, his pupils returning to normal as he folded his arms begrudgingly across his chest. No one was getting ripped limb from limb today. But the look he gave Crimson as he spoke to Bliss was far from forgiving. He listened to Time's explanation and his scowl only deepened. "He needs to keep his foolishness to a minimum then, or I'm handling it my way next time," he huffed at Time, not even speaking to the person in question.

Bliss let out a very nervous laugh before responding to Crimson. "He's actually a big softie once you get to know him. No harm, no foul in my book, but I would like it if you don't throw things at me ever again. How are you with making balloon animals?"

Call me Ishmael.

January 2, 2023 10:45:26  #59

Crimson glanced at Orphos and made a slight grin at him.  "You have balloons in this world?!  That's freaking cool!" he said.  "Heck yeah I can make all sorts.  Infinity taught me well how to make them.   And don't worry about the big guy.  Trust me when I say that he would be the least of problems caused here..." Crimson lowers his head, as if to pray or whisper something.  'I would be more worried about myself..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 3, 2023 11:15:46  #60

Time sighs to Orphos, "Fair enough."

Time tries to look past the event and focus on more important ones, including Birthday activities.

Time

Board footera