HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2022 22:31:32  #1

Bliss's Belated Birthday Bash! | A crumpled note appears in your hand.

((Pretend this isn't 2 months late))

How did that get there? It didn't appear to be anything special-- far from it, in fact. Written on that obnoxiously yellow lined paper that could be found in offices around the world, it could just as easily been a piece of trash you had forgotten you picked up. The only thing that betrayed it as being out of the ordinary was the singed edges, as if someone had briefly held a lighter to it.

Uncrumpling the paper reveals a note, written in a possibly familiar scrawl. An invitation, written in painstakingly neat letters:

HELLO THIS IS BLISS U ARE INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY AT MY HOUSE I AM TURNING 12 NO EVIL PEOPLE ALLOWED 
PS DONT TELL ORPHOS

How.... lovely. There doesn't seem to be any kind of sigil or spell to instantly transport you there, except for an arrow hastily scribbled in the bottom corner. As you move, the arrow spins on the paper, keeping itself trained in a certain direction like a compass. Seems like you might have to walk there. Or fly. Or swim. Or drive. Or-- you get it. It seems like Bliss wants to keep this a little quieter than she has in years past, and having a half dozen people instantly teleport to your backyard isn't exactly subtle. 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

August 20, 2022 02:50:27  #2

Re: Bliss's Belated Birthday Bash! | A crumpled note appears in your hand.

Lets also just say miraculously, Time had some time to spare as well. So with standard rp stuff, I don't have control over Chronos, but I do have control over Time soooo... let's just say that he notifies Chronos that he'll be out for a bit, followed by any info on how she could find him. As well as how she can get to him/find him. Chronos might've gotten an invitation too, so who knows.

Anyways, Time looks down at the crumpled piece of paper. While he doesn't remember the handwriting, he definitely gets the context. Ah. Orphos's kid. The Shinkicker. How fun. Well, it wouldn't hurt him to pay her a visit, would it? It has been a while. Hopefully Orphos won't disapprove.

Well. It's time to head off! Time starts his way out of his domain and to wherever this arrow was pointing. While doing so, he assumes that Bliss will be expecting some sort of gift, so he thinks of the possible low-leveled artifacts that he has stored in his library that he could easily give away.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 20, 2022 08:03:30  #3

gonna hold off on responding further after this until a couple more people show up))

At the cottage, Bliss was eagerly setting up decorations. Like just about everything the young mortal did, they were haphazard, a bit strange, and possibly unsafe. A wooden table that obviously belonged inside had been dragged out to the front yard and was piled high with hundreds of fruit snack packets. Next to it on the table was a surprisingly decent-looking chocolate cake, if you ignored the 57 birthday candles stuck into it from every angle. It looked like a very flammable porcupine.

Inside, strings of lights from various holidays and occasions had been set up, fastened to the walls in several different ways-- staples, tape, and several very bent nails hammered into the walls as makeshift hooks, to name a few. Confetti littered the floor, and upon closer inspection, one could see it was made up of various pieces of paper ripped into very small pieces, as if they had been shoved into a blender and then dumped onto the floor. Hopefully they weren't important.

The birthday girl in question was practically bouncing off the wall in excitement, running in and out of the cottage to make sure everything was perfect. She was sporting a brand new leather jacket. Well, brand new to her, at least. It was... well-loved, scuffed up around the sleeves and covered in colorful patches and pins. It fit her well though, a welcome change from the baggy, oversized clothes she had grown accustomed to. She was also wearing a pair of actually brand new boots with a steel plate molded over the toes of each. Built for kicking shins, one might say-- obviously a gift from Orphos.

Speaking of, where was the dealer god? He was nowhere to be seen, but Bliss didn't seem to be particularly concerned about his apparent absence.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

August 20, 2022 18:27:44  #4

Galaxian navigates the process of getting there like a Minecraft player would finding the stronghold with the end portal, except he can just teleport. That means he could technically have gotten there a lot faster, but he's also a little held up at whatever he's doing. He arrives eventually and, contrary to the narrator, who navigates parties at the corners, stalks right up to the birthday girl like there hasn't been so much time between their last encounter and this one. At least he has a smile on his face this time, so hopefully he won't be putting a damper on anything festivities-related. 
"Hi!" he chirps, regardless of whether he's noticed her approach. "Can I help with the decorating?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 21, 2022 00:37:56  #5

Bliss grinned broadly and there was an extra bounce in her step once she realized that at least one person would be showing up. "Oh hello! I'm so happy you're here. I didn't know if those papers still worked, they've been sitting in storage for gods knows how long." she paused for a second. "Well, I guess Orphos knows, so that makes one of you."

She grabbed a couple streamers and tossed them in the deity's direction, picking up a couple balloons that needed to be blown up for herself. "You can help hang these up if you want!"

Call me Ishmael.

August 21, 2022 00:46:12  #6

"Okay!" Despite looking like a child, Galaxian is usually an entity who operates independently most of the time, so the thought of being concerned about whether Orphos should know about this entire affair doesn't cross his mind at all. The most thought he's dedicated to the matter is probably how a fire hazard should be dealt with. In any case, he happily catches the streamers.
It takes him a funny amount of time to remember how streamers are used, but he gets to it eventually. "Is there anything specific about how they should be put up that you'd want me to know?" he asks, like she has a fancy sense of decor or something. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 21, 2022 00:54:52  #7

She shrugged. "Not really. Go crazy with it as long as you don't break anything!" 

A surprisingly responsible response. Bliss began to blow up the balloons in a quite obnoxious way, loudly inhaling before blowing the air into the balloon as if her life depended on it and repeating the whole process until it was full of air. Within a couple minutes, the floor around her was covered in a decent amount of balloons.

Call me Ishmael.

August 21, 2022 17:22:42  #8

For Galaxian, all mortal breathing is about the same. Undisturbed by her loud balloon blow-up process, he gets to work hanging up the streamers, or whatever one calls it when he doesn't actually move and lets the decorations levitate in the air, eventually finding the more empty spots on the walls and roof (edit: not ceiling lol) to position themselves on. 
He has a...strange taste in color, that's for sure, but it's not too bizarre.

(Leaving that response more open so others can respond)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 21, 2022 20:44:14  #9

Both Echo and Silence decided to gracefully enter the scene. By gracefully, what the Narrator actually means is that a handful of feet away from the cottage, they both fell off a nyooming, levitating broomstick that had transported them to there. The broomstick itself paused midair after it had thrown its passengers off, and then dropped to the ground now that neither of the two witches were controlling it. The handle hit Echo's head, who softly groaned when it did. Silence was thrown onto their back, which had made the air get knocked out of them, while Echo had face planted.

Silence complained loudly, "Maybe we should have, like, made it into something more controllable, like a motorcycle or something."

Echo nodded in agreement. The two of them laid on the ground for a moment before Echo scrambled up to her knees, panicking.

"Are the gifts okay????"

Silence gave a thumbs up, as they were the one holding the gifts in the first place and had luckily not crushed them.

Echo threw her hands up into the air, cheering, "Yay!" Before looking around.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 21, 2022 22:39:14  #10

Just a little note that Time is still walking and kinda waiting for things to be more set up before he makes an appearance

Time

August 24, 2022 00:52:30  #11

Bliss was ecstatic that more people had made an appearance. As cool as Galaxian was, having only one person didn't really make it much of a party! She rushed out of the house to meet them, balloons in hand.

"Hello! Welcome!" she called cheerfully, waving her fistful of balloons at the pair. It had been such a long time since she had been able to interact with anyone besides Orphos, and the idea of being able to talk to people again (at her birthday party, no less!) was causing her to behave like an excited puppy.

Call me Ishmael.

August 25, 2022 19:21:26  #12

Echo got very excited from seeing Bliss excited, so she forgot to say "hello" and instead yelled very awkwardly, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

Silence pushed themself off the ground, sat up, and smiled, "Holaaaa! Should we put the gifts somewhere?"

Echo said after, regaining some social confidence, "Hello! It's nice to meet you!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 27, 2022 23:53:54  #13

She looked around for a moment before pointing vaguely at the cottage. "Anywhere in there!"

Call me Ishmael.

August 28, 2022 14:03:08  #14

Time soon arrives on the scene, I suppose if Echo, Silence, and Bliss were at the front of the cottage, they spot him. He gave a small greeting in a wave as he made his approach to them.

Time

September 1, 2022 02:20:18  #15

Bliss waved back excitedly. This was a much better turnout than she expected! Things were going smoothly.

In a stunning display of convenient timing, a certain dealer god had appeared, quite literally, out of thin air-- a very un-Orphos entrance. The deity had materialized on top of the snack table that Bliss had dragged out into the yard, causing the god to immediately slip on a stray fruit snack packet and come crashing down onto the grass. He popped up almost immediately, uttering a string of grumbled curses as he stared at the table, bewildered, hand on one of his machetes strapped to his sides. 

It took him another moment that he had some guests. For a second his eyes widened, then narrowed into slits as his expression settled into a stern frown. "I don't know why any of you are here, but you all need to leave. Now." he said plainly, his grip tightening on his machete.

Bliss had taken the god's fruit snack wipeout as a chance to hide herself by scooting behind the others. She was torn between excitement that Orphos had returned and guilt for her birthday shenanigans. "Uh-oh." she whispered.

Call me Ishmael.

September 1, 2022 06:04:58  #16

Silence, at that point, had made their way close to the entrance of the cottage to put the gifts away while Echo had stayed with Bliss and Time. Silence paused in the doorway before turning to look at Orphos and clicking their tongue in a rather disappointed manner, similar to how a parent clicks their tongue at their misbehaving child. They already made a decision on how they felt about the god, and they vocalized their displeasure.

"Damn, not even, like, a 'happy birthday' to the kid? Do better," Silence said. "You're seriously taking an L right now. Geez. Rude."

Echo was frozen in fear, staring at Orphos with wide eyes. How could Silence be so openly judging to a guy with a machete? Echo didn't know.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 2, 2022 01:06:51  #17

Galaxian has either not noticed Orphos' presence or is utterly ignoring the other's arrival, both of which are somehow equally unlikely. He's still busy being inside of the other's home without permission, having finished with the streamers and now proceeding with a plethora of other decorations.
...if he's noticed Orphos, then all these decorations make it so that it would definitely be less of a hassle to conduct the party than to clean up all of this instead.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2022 18:12:13  #18

"Ah, there it is. Why not tell Orphos? Well its because he doesn't know, and probably not in a good way." Time wonders out loud, then looks to Orphos while approaching him, "So, where have you been?"

Time

September 4, 2022 22:50:36  #19

The god’s brow furrowed. Happy birthday? Why— oh.

The young mortal squeezed her way out to the front, her earlier trepidation thrown to the wayside as she stood in front of Orphos, hands clenched into fists at her sides. “You forgot, didn’t you?” she sniffled, her bottom lip quivering; she was trying very hard to keep it together.

The god hurriedly sheathed his machete and approached Bliss, hands spread in a placating gesture. “Aw, kid, I’m sorry, you know I’ve been busy—“

She wordlessly turned away from him and stomped into the cottage, presumably to disappear into her room upstairs.

Orphos didn’t move to go after her, instead opting to awkwardly stand there with a slightly bewildered expression. This whole raising kids thing wasn’t exactly his forte.

He definitely looked a bit worse for wear since he had last been seen. The dark circles around his eyes were much more prominent than usual. His clothing was bedraggled, as if he had been sleeping in the same clothes for a while, or hadn’t been sleeping at all. As he stood, he was swaying slightly on his feet, a somewhat expected behavior due to his alcoholism, if it weren’t for the fact the god was stone cold sober.

He pointedly ignored answering Time’s question, instead giving the other deity a glare. “That’s none of your business.”

Call me Ishmael.

September 5, 2022 00:13:46  #20

Galaxian, god of invading others' privacy, almost immediately starts going after Bliss with a semi-perplexed expression on his face. Of course, he's forgotten the rule where houseguests are not supposed to go upstairs without permission. Then again, he frequently mindreads without permission too, so so much for social expectations.
"Hey, did you want to decorate up there too?" he asks via half-shouting after her, clueless as can be.
It looks like the staircase is already decorated, too. Wow, that definitely doesn't help matters.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2022 00:20:12  #21

Bliss’s response was loud slamming of her door. It wasn’t long before quiet sobs could be heard from her room. So much for a nice birthday.

Call me Ishmael.

September 5, 2022 00:34:19  #22

He does a full pause, something he doesn't do often. Maybe part of it is because he hates it when others cry. But soon, he's plodding his way up the stairs again, his right eye briefly flickering gold as he does so. And it turns out, his guess for her sudden change in mood wasn't half bad.
He pauses before her bedroom door. Even he knows better than to barge in immediately. He instead sends a box of no-source tissues in, right next to where she is if he's calculated correctly, and then proceeds to stand there for a bit awkwardly. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2022 02:50:49  #23

Silence is now kind of standing awkwardly in the doorway of the cottage, unsure of what to do or say at the moment. They didn't exactly know Bliss very well, or at all really, so they just stood there holding the stuff they were holding before and staring at Orphos with an unamused expression.

Echo had followed behind Galaxian, worried about Bliss. Echo didn't know Bliss, but she naturally had some form of empathy.

Hesitantly, Echo set down some rocks in front of the door, each one having a different shape, color, and texture. They all had googly eyes glued onto them, which as well were all kinds of shapes.

"Uhm... I have some rocks you can pet... or throw... or something...?"
Echo wasn't sure what made other people happy, and all she really had on her were her pet rocks, some sticks, some ribbon, and a few slap bracelets.

"They're by the door, if you wanna grab them...?"

Echo sounds unsure if this was helpful or not.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 5, 2022 16:44:21  #24

"Mhm." Time acknowledges Orphos in ignoring his question, so he tried to take if from another perspective, "You look absolutely horrible, you're all tensed up, you're sober, and you've made your daughter cry... daughter is what you'd describe her to you, right?" He says, observing the other god and the surroundings about them, then waves his hand in dismissal to his previous statement. "Nevermind, what I'm saying is that you've definitely been going through it. Why not take a seat or something?"

Last edited by Time (September 5, 2022 16:45:41)

Time

September 5, 2022 19:01:16  #25

Bliss flung open her door. The box of tissues Galaxian sent in was tucked under her arm. Seeing that it was just Echo and Galaxian, she sat down heavily in the doorway and halfheartedly picked up a rock, gently shaking it to watch the googly eyes move. She didn't make eye contact with either of the two in front of her.

Behind her, her room was an absolute mess. Various random magical items were scattered around the room on basically any flat surface, including the floor. Most of them looked like something a 12-year-old shouldn't have.

Bliss sat there in silence for a moment. When she spoke, her words came out in a rush-- she hadn't been able to talk to anyone other than Orphos in so long, so she wasn't wasting any time. "He's been too busy messing around with souls to be here," she sniffled, turning the rock over in her hands. "He used to work with them all the time in the cottage, but something's different now, I guess. That's what he keeps telling me, at least. This is the first time I've seen him out of Storage in two weeks. And he didn't remember it's my birthday!"

Orphos's expression turned defensive at the other god's words. "I'm fine, Time. I'd be better if there wasn't a bunch of random people in my house."
Nevertheless, he pulled out a chair from the table covered in fruit snacks and sat down with a heavy sigh.

Call me Ishmael.

September 6, 2022 00:53:41  #26

"With all due respect, I think that's a lie." Time simply remarks as he leans on the fruit snack table, "The 'I'm fine' part."

Time

September 6, 2022 01:19:50  #27

Galaxian looks sympathetic, or at least he's really trying to look and be that way. He shuffles through a series of incorrect answers--maybe Orphos was really busy, or has memory loss, or doesn't even remember his own birthday most years. 
"Maybe he would've remembered with a cue! He did say he was busy ahead of time, right?" is the best he can come up with. He sounds hopeful. He probably doesn't remember Orphos very well.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 6, 2022 03:03:12  #28

The girl sniffled again. She knew Galaxian was trying to be helpful, but even she knew it wasn't getting very far. "Something bad usually happens on my birthday, so he usually remembers that way, I think. But we've been hiding for the past two years, so I guess there hasn't been much bad to happen." she sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than anything else.

Orphos grumbled something under his breath that probably wasn't very nice. He rubbed his face with his hands before looking at the other god curiously. "What's it matter to you?" he retorted, loud enough to be heard.

Call me Ishmael.

September 7, 2022 01:14:52  #29

As he listens, the deity's expression changes to one that shows that he's found a different, more suitable approach to try. He even looks a little less gray.
"So all that means we have to try going for the opposite now!" he exclaims. "We'll make this year's party so great that he'll have no choice but to remember next year! Also, us guests can try seeing if he needs help so that he doesn't have so much on his mind next time!"
...is that how Orphos' memory works??
"And if he still can't remember by himself, we'll just have to make it so that all the stuff he drinks will taste like rotten durian for a few days in advance, right up until he remembers and acts on it!" he adds.
Ah okay, there we go.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 7, 2022 09:13:01  #30

"Hm." Time thinks for a moment, hand on his chin, "It's because you don't look like you're in a good situation and helping out may prove beneficial to me." He meets the other's eyes with a level-headed look.

Last edited by Time (September 7, 2022 09:14:24)

Time

Board footera