HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2024 19:44:06  #241

Re: Shapes and Colors and Nonsense idk- Echo's Art Thread

He was a faerie 🧚✨

Elder Faerie Cookie uwo

ALSO JUST HEAR ME OUT, LET ME COOK FOR ONCEEEEEEE

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 12, 2024 09:10:12  #242

(I feel like I want to make a joke about the "Elder" in his name, hmm, but let's leave that for your homethread.)

Epic armor, I like the wavy hair flow as well!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 12, 2024 12:34:55  #243

HUSH. HIM BEING AN ELDER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LOVE FOR HIM

Thank you uwo, I think the best part of his design is his colors, CRK really went off with the newest cookie designs

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 12, 2024 13:49:05  #244

Also drew Pure Vanilla, arguably one of the best characters in CRK/one of my favorites

Teehee, he's fineeeee. Totally not the company's favorite tortured hero

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 19, 2024 00:27:28  #245

Meow! Seis is like a cat (mood)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 12, 2024 21:39:51  #246

Seven hours and fifty minutes for something I will never be able to recreate nor surpass

I'm so proud of this XD I feel like my colors are getting better

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 12, 2024 21:41:34  #247

Echowo wrote:

Another day, another redraw

ALSO, edited this and fixed a lighting/shaping problem on the wings

(^v^)b

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 13, 2024 22:27:06  #248

That Jekyll and Hyde drawing is SO FIRE, I especially love the lighting and the little light reflections on the liquid. But mostly the way the colored lighting doesn't feel overlayed but like it's actually coming from somewhere? It's super cool.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 14, 2024 09:51:35  #249

THANK YOUUU, I worked very hard to make the lighting coherent, especially with the multiple colors going on and the saturation of said colors uwu!

Here are some notes of my thought process

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 14, 2024 11:26:41  #250

Echowo wrote:

THANK YOUUU, I worked very hard to make the lighting coherent, especially with the multiple colors going on and the saturation of said colors uwu!

Here are some notes of my thought process

Forgot to add that the overlay layer is on 10% and was added to make the blues and green pop more (the blue on the overlay layer is a sky/white-blue, and both the blue and yellow made the colors seem more saturated/cohesive imo, as well as was only applied in specific areas and not the whole drawing, just simple color theory stuff)

Additionally with the blue background and base for the colors being color diversity, I didn't want the drawing to be too over taken by red or green.

I forgot to add that I was inspired by Jekyll/Hyde's canon final ascension card, which also decided on the color focus I chose

I also used my knowledge/technique I learned in painting class (as I do with a lot of my heavily-rendered drawings) and the base color for the subject was a dark blue with an airbrushed neon green and hot pink/red. After that, I "painted" on colors (using a low-opacity hard dip pen)

Originally I was going to do anime cell-shading, but I feared that the coloration and lighting wouldn't come out as I was wanting it to, as well as my anime shading technique isn't quite on par yet and I would need to practice more types/study that type of lighting before really trying it in a super dynamic lighting drawing. So, for now, I am sticking to my painter's style XD recently I've been wanting to try old anime and manga rendering techniques, such as Saint Seiya or Pokémon styles of coloring (water color based). Who knows when I will try that though XD

With the lineart, my choice to do the thick lineart instead of my thin lineart was because I wanted it to look "marker-y", and as well as I noticed recently that my thin lineart tends to warp facial features too much to my liking. Additionally, with the thick lineart, it gives more of a stylized look that I was aiming for in the first place, given that this version of Fgo Jekyll/Hyde is part of my For Funsies AU

Originally Hyde's face and body was going to be angled like Jekyll's (except opposite ig lmao) but him peeking over Jekyll's shoulder looked better and gave more to the composition

I think the hardest part was Jekyll's hand (had to redraw it at one point because I remembered how hand anatomy worked), Hyde's hands (struggled to lineart them), both of the boys' hairs (had to do a weird color layer because I hate rendering hair and Struggle very hard with coloring hair), and then the shading of Jekyll's face was hard due to blue and green being so close together on the color wheel (I was scared that there wasn't going to be enough contrast in the colors and that they would blend too easily)

With the background, actually making the huge, filled-in rectangles was hard because it was hard to angle them like I wanted. I'm glad it turned out good, though, and I personally am SO GLAD I ended up adding in "lineart" for the rectangles (they bled together too much due to color similarity and was hard to see/incoherent before I added in the light blue lineart lmao)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 24, 2024 12:25:17  #251

I forgot to show you guys one of my DnD characters I made for my Improv DnD group

His name is Atticus Dantès. He is canonically super hot but dresses like a Nerd and is basically the incarnate of the "Um, Actually-" Emoji

He is also an Anthropologist Ranger, and a Vampire. He begged a Vampire to turn him so that he could spend his immortality studying Everything

He is licking an arrow in context of him shooting a deer and retrieving the arrow from its corpse

He is so havdjakxkkaks to me

Last edited by Echowo (April 24, 2024 12:25:48)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera