HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2022 13:12:49  #1

Can I ask you guys of a little character creation favor?

So I was playing a game called XCOM 2, and was starting a new campaign. If you guys have Discord you might have seen me playing it before

The gist of it is that its a sci fi turned based strategy game. Aliens have taken over the world, and you are the commander of a resistance group to free Earth. Your soldiers are customizable, with appearance and all that stuff.

Now, I want to get some custom characters in here, characters that I can care about more than just the random character generator can spit out. But here's the problem: I take forever to come up with characters. But then I had an idea, I have a lot of creative friends that can come up with characters!

So that's where you come in. Do you think you guys can make a few for me? You can make one, or make a ton! I'm not placing a time limit on when you can submit the characters or anything. Shoot, you can even do self inserts! However I will mention that character death is possible, and as their commander, I will admit I might not be able to save everyone lol.

The descriptions can be very basic, as I don't think I the game has enough customization for that... though I could probably install some mods to help that out. Yeah. I'll go do that.

I'll give you guys some weekly updates, probably here or on my home thread if anyone takes interest.

Last edited by Time (March 14, 2022 10:30:57)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 13, 2022 13:14:47  #2

Re: Can I ask you guys of a little character creation favor?

I suppose this now also calls for a form for organization!

ANY PART SECTION WITH * IS OPTIONAL!

Name:
Birth date (game is set in 2035)*:
Nationality*:
Basic appearance (eye, hair color, hair style):
Basic personality*:
Basic backstory?*:
Color*:
Headgear? If so, what type?*:
Other stuff? idk:

*If your character had a color to separate them from the crowd of uniforms, what would it be?

Also on headgear, I should clarify there are some basic things like helmets, goggles, night vision goggles, balaclava full masks (with helmets), gas masks (both with and without helmets), balaclava masks being only up to the nose, hats, hats with headphones, glasses, beanies, hoods.

They can be mixed and matched, as there is a lower face, upper face, and helmet/hat slot for customization for the head

There are also other customization stuff in where I'll just decide the look for simplicity's sake. Just cosmetic equipment.

Last edited by Time (March 19, 2022 20:23:00)

Time

March 14, 2022 01:33:32  #3

Name: Urdim Abtahi
Sex: AMAB
Birth date (game is set in 2035): He strikes me as a January baby, so maybe January 8th of 2012. 
Nationality: Syrian 

Basic appearance: He has somewhat dark olive skin, dark brown eyes, and black hair. He’d grow it a little longer by choice, but he’s cropped it short because times are hard. He also has his childhood bangs grown out, so they won’t fall into his face. He usually wears a helmet or hat and seems to be in the habit of keeping his neck covered up, whether by armor or by a scarf, or anything really. Otherwise, he’ll just wear anything practical. Though, notably, he does like goggles (daytime and nighttime ones). (To be honest, he finds just about anything cool. Except for beanies. Nothing against beanie lovers, but he does not like beanies.)
As you can figure out from his birthday, he’s 23 and looks about his age even though he keeps his face clean-shaven. He’s a little short, though. He’s about 5’ 5’’. (He’s not particularly salty about it, but he’ll get more and more bothered if you keep hammering it in.) He’s a little skinny, but not too much, and has good posture. 

Basic personality: Urdim was trying to solidify what the heck he was going to do with his life when the aliens came in and helped out with the process. Of course, the fact that he wouldn’t have ever wanted to go into any military-like setting if he had a choice helps, too. So you can imagine he’s a little salty about this entire situation. Despite that saltiness, he still tries to do his best instead of just surviving. For instance, I imagine that he has to do his best to learn the primary language being spoken now that everyone’s grouped together (probably English, huh, lol). Really, he tries to learn new things in general. He’s rather inquisitive and, though he’s not the quickest of learners, he really tries. This fact has to do with how he was set on making up for education he missed in the past, by the way.
He seems kind of stern and rarely smiles, so you might expect him to be a loner, but he’s actually kind of attracted to people, even if he doesn’t admit it (he doesn’t admit it because he really didn’t understand the meaning of “attracted” in this case). So, finding friends is definitely still a possibility–though, he hasn’t had much experience with having them, so he doesn’t really know how to sort them out, to balance their relationships, and just in general, he’s kind of paranoid about letting others know more about him. He also doesn’t have much faith when it comes to others liking him. To be honest, it’s kind of scary to him, being judged by others for his merits and weaknesses. But again, he tries. It’s not always his best–he can shirk away and all that–but he tries not to let his fears get the best of him, and he tries not to do things he regrets. For that reason, even if he doesn’t have any friends, he probably won’t have many enemies, either.
He likes hard-boiled eggs and video games. A weird combination, but he is very vocal about this to me, so there we go. Give him some eggs. (Fun fact: He hasn’t actually played video games before, but I know he likes them, so yeah.)
This is supposed to be basic, but he also has a really bad sense of humor. His jokes are all stale. He doesn’t know this yet, because he doesn’t really joke. But good luck to whoever his friends are, if he doesn’t die within the week of me submitting this. :’) 

Basic backstory?: This ain’t a how-much-trauma-can-I-fit-into-a-character-in-a-real-world-context contest, so just a disclaimer beforehand.
Urdim grew up in the era of the (freaking currently ongoing) Syrian Civil War/Genocide. There are numerous gaps in his childhood education for that reason; his family was basically constantly fleeing, trying to get somewhere without war, or even just somewhere with the least possibility of war coming in. The odds seemed against it, but their (immediate) family got through almost unscathed. His father was separated from the rest of their family when he was 6 and hasn’t been seen since, but he, his mother, and his 4 sisters (2 older, 2 younger) got through alive and with minimal life-shattering injuries. So, Urdim grew up yearning to find a place to take his family when he grew up and to make up for what they had missed. He wasn’t really sure how to do so, but he was determined as the only man of the household. To do so, he eventually got a job and saved, saved, saved, until he thought that finally, a plan was in place to get his family out of the country torn by decades of war and into a safe haven.  
You can probably imagine how he felt when aliens came in and basically uprooted the world, including what he had thought was a safe place. And everything he knew and wanted to know was gone, as if in an instant.
He doesn’t know if his family is still alive or not. But yeah, he’s not the happiest man alive. 
To be honest…I’d be interested in knowing who that is.  

Color*: I don’t think I understand this right. Gold, I guess. He technically wouldn’t want to wear anything different from the others, but I feel like this is his signatory color–a metallic color with just the right amount of sheen.  
Headgear? If so, what type?: It’d be funny if you gave him a beanie to spite him tbh, but like I mentioned, he usually wears a helmet, and maybe goggles, if it’s needed.
Other stuff? idk: Naughty Time, not using gender hmmmmmm
Lol tbh is this the first actual character backstory I’ve disclosed to y’all? Lmiao
Also creative what

----

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 14, 2022 10:07:17  #4

Oh also clarification: you can fill as much or as little as you want on the form lol. I just need some characters.

They can also be joke characters too if you guys want

Also sorry I can't help it with the sex thing. That's just what the game goes by. It's an old game. But I suppose yeah you're right I'll, go change it

Time

March 14, 2022 10:17:22  #5

But anyways, thank you! The commander appreciates your contribution.

Hopefully he doesn't die, I already have a few Sergeants so hopefully they keep the newbies safe

Also I think that you understood the color prompt just fine. I really just need a signifying color to use if I want to personalize them more (with still staying to the uniform I designed)

That would be funny if this is the only backstory you revealed lol. Just for a random character.

Last edited by Time (March 14, 2022 10:33:30)

Time

March 14, 2022 10:30:04  #6

Mmm interesting, I'll think up something to send!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 14, 2022 10:41:19  #7

=15pxI'll try to think something up

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 14, 2022 13:39:15  #8

Thank you, the commander appreciates your (future) contribution! Glory to mankind.

Oh I also should note I've edited the above posts to just give more info and stuff lol.

And I also found a lot of good mods for the campaign to implement. So much so that I think I just might start all over again (it won't take long to catch up to where I was)

Time

March 17, 2022 10:22:02  #9

Oh, also heads up for any character creators. When it comes to hair and eye color, I think I can put in a pretty wide variety, so go crazy with that stuff.

Time

March 19, 2022 20:15:37  #10

Oh shoot! I forgot quite an important feature of this game! Nicknames! If a character survives long enough, they are given a nickname. Now these nicknames are random, but you can input a one if you like. I'll edit that into the form now.

Also I would like to say that there is no time limit for submitting characters, however I will mention that characters introduced later on might have a harder time leveling up, as they'll be lower leveled, and fighting against more danger enemies. They'll also get less screen time too, obviously.

Time

March 19, 2022 20:30:08  #11

I call Urdim Omelet Guy, though I don't think my style of nicknaming is normal, so (: I just add "guy" or "gal" whenever I can along with some weird word out front and boom, a nickname.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 19, 2022 20:44:40  #12

I mean, the nicknames usually given are supposedly "cool" ones, I suppose more like codenames or something.

But why not lol. I take any nicknames, if you really want to!

Last edited by Time (March 19, 2022 20:45:09)

Time

March 19, 2022 21:14:58  #13

Lol then you're outta luck xD
I guess I gotta hope you'll have some degree of attachment to him and give him a good nickname :'P xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 19, 2022 21:41:20  #14

No he's going as omelet guy

Or omelet

Time

March 19, 2022 21:55:06  #15

No what have I done xD noooo
You should've specified, Timeme :'P how was I supposed to know I was supposed to come up with something not-cringe and instead make it even more so than it would have otherwise been

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 19, 2022 23:24:42  #16

Oh you can change it if you want, though I'm just going to use what you gave me for now if he ever gets a nickname

Time

March 26, 2022 18:08:49  #17

I suppose I should make an obligatory the thread is up! Check the fun category!

Time

Board footera