GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2022 02:06:42  #61

Re: ((Character Intro)) An eerie tone drifts from the forest...

"The one we're looking for can," Nagesh says with a nod. "I think it such a forest is atypical. Though that is based off my current impressions, so do correct me if I'm wrong."
"It seems a logical assumption," Xolani mutters. They still don't move at all. Their stillness is sort of eerie. Kids move more, after all, right? 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 8, 2022 15:06:19  #62

Zioki didn't seem to understand much, either. Trees have roots. Then again, this forest could be like those tree people in the Lord of the Rings.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 8, 2022 15:19:57  #63

"Oh, well, it's fine. We'll just keep looking after this." He shrugs a little and grins easily. "In the meantime, may I ask if you have anything to prevent others from coming here in the first place? I mean barriers and other such preventive measures, of course...but also, perhaps, legal measures and signs."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 8, 2022 16:36:44  #64

Zioki shook her head. "Most people don't even try to come here anymore. They're too afraid...of me, I supposed.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 8, 2022 17:49:50  #65

"Then, is it that you don't want to stop the ones who still come?"
It seems that he doesn't think that is the answer, but as we all know, some answers are better guided than approached directly.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2022 10:38:20  #66

Zioki twisted her hands, almost nervously. "The last time we fought, it was the end of all of us. I don't want to fight anymore. I wish that we didn't have to fight them. I wish that we didn't have to force them out. But they wouldn't listen to us."

January 9, 2022 14:33:49  #67

Inside, he's a little amused at her interpreting what he said a little too specifically, but he doesn't show it anywhere on the outside.
"I didn't mean to imply that you need to fight," he specifies, shifting a little where he stands (probably because he's noticed how Xolani is just completely not moving and not wanting to accidentally twin with them). "I mean to suggest that you put up non-violent measures that will more or less ensure that your visitors will abide by your wishes without intimidation or fear. Or, at least, with the least amount of that possible." He gives a wry chuckle. "Always easier said than done, but worth a try, I do think."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2022 16:23:57  #68

"I don't have any magic," Zioki said. "I can talk to the forest, and sometimes it listens, sometimes it doesn't. That's it."

January 9, 2022 16:39:24  #69

"Ah, I didn't necessarily mean magic, either." He taps his chin slightly. "Can you not leave the forest?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2022 16:45:38  #70

Zioki fell silent for a bit. "I...I think so." she said.

January 14, 2022 16:42:34  #71

"Is there any harm in trying?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 15, 2022 18:08:28  #72

Zioki thought over the risks. "If I can't leave, I don't know what will happen if I try." she said finally.

January 15, 2022 18:33:36  #73

"That is a solid risk analysis," he compliments. Looking to Silence, he apologizes, "Sorry if it seems like I've been ignoring you. Earlier you were mentioning law, so...I take that as you know someone familiar with law? Could you possibly ask them to come here instead, if the need arises?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 17, 2022 10:40:58  #74

Silence nodded.

"Yeah. I don't know much about law, really, but I'm sure my uncle does. He's a pretty good dang lawyer. If I remember correctly, he's even has gotten some laws changed so they would be more effective. So, like, if there isn't a law in place that would protect this forest, he probably could, like, argue to get one made or something. I dunno how it exactly works and stuff, but he sure does."

To be fair, Silence doesn't really regard the laws much, so it makes sense they don't know how they work. At least they know Alois.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 17, 2022 14:01:20  #75

Zioki looked hopefully at Silence. "Really? He can do that?"

January 17, 2022 15:10:48  #76

"I think so!" Silence nodded. "He really likes nature too, so he would more than likely be on board with helping."

If he isn't, I'll just annoy him til he is, Silence thought.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

Board footera