HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2022 19:23:59  #31

Re: [@Eliza; Past Thread] Absolutely zero funny business here.

"What do they do?" It's weird, a little funny, how suddenly they look all diligent.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 3, 2022 17:19:58  #32

"Well, the cheapest healing potions only heal mild injuries." Eny explained. "Flesh wounds. Nothing too deep or internal. This"--she pulled out a small box from the counter, containing an amulet made a green gem and silver metalwork--"is probably the cheapest amulet. It enhances healing and protective magic. Of course, it's enhancing abilities aren't as substantial when compared to the high-quality amulets, but it'll do nicely for most things."

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 3, 2022 18:48:51  #33

They listen, and then they nod. 
As usual, there's a moment in time they use to get their thoughts in semi-coherent order, and since they're younger than "current" age, that moment in time is longer.
Soon, though, they speak. "Do you have amulets of that sort, of higher quality?'

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 3, 2022 20:56:50  #34

"Healing amulets?" Eny dove under the counter and remerged with a few more boxes. All of them had an emerald with metalwork of either gold or silver. "Here. All of these are of varying quality. This one is pretty expensive," she pointed to the box farthest to the right, one with fancier gold detailing. "But it increases healing magic the most. Paired with a magic staff or wand of some sort, it'd be able to pull off some really complex magic, as long as it's healing or nature magic, obviously."

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 3, 2022 21:14:23  #35

"'Complex' is unneeded. Only 'effective'." They look over the boxes, not touching anything, as they comment a little more. It must matter more to them if they're talking unnecessarily about it. "Healing is such a subject. If it is able to seal wounds and their closure, then it is sufficient. The prevention of injury is left to other methods."
Wow, this probably is the most they've talked on their own volition. Wonder what's so special about this topic.
They glance at her again, seemingly trying to keep their gaze centered on her face rather than on whatever in the distance. "Do you have gloves?" they ask.
"Not for sale," they add as specification, probably deeming it important enough to add themselves.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 4, 2022 09:57:24  #36

Eny rummaged around under the counter for a bit and pulled out a pair of those fancy gloves people use when touching expensive or old things and handed them to Kiaane. "Careful," she said, probably understanding Kiaane's intentions.

January 4, 2022 10:39:54  #37

They put the gloves on and nod slightly as they start from the left, opening the first box carefully and evaluating its contents.
It's kind of strange how they seem a lot more capable when they're doing things like this, huh. After all, they don't dive in using any magic--they just judge the composition of each amulet, its relative weight, its appearance, and such. Though, maybe the fact that they give no indication of how they feel before moving on to the next box might be a tad bit annoying.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 4, 2022 11:39:27  #38

Eny waited, watching them curiously as they examined each amulet. She was a bit surprised that they didn't test them out by casting any spells. "Can I assume you're looking at something for someone else, and not you?" she asked.

January 4, 2022 12:02:05  #39

They look at her like that was really hard to figure out and nod, maybe a little reluctantly.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 4, 2022 16:40:48  #40

Eny nodded. "Alright. Let me know when you make a decision." she sat down on the stool behind the counter and started reading a book.

January 9, 2022 03:26:46  #41

Kiaane was about to do just that, but a realization makes them stop.
They look at her for a little while, which is kind of awkward if she notices. It's a stranger staring at her directly, after all.
But after a while, they finally get the words out, albeit through struggling.
"...e...excuse me," they almost mumble, though they manage to get the volume right. "While reading...are you able to supervise the shop?"
They're basically worried about her not noticing if people steal things and leave.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2022 09:34:51  #42

"Oh, yeah." She twirled her fingers a bit, not looking up from her book. A few swirls of magic drifted around her fingers, and multiple runes appeared around the shop briefly before disappearing. "The spell alerts me if something's wrong. As long as it's on the shop it keeps people from stealing something when they haven't bought it, anyway. It prevents a lot of burglaries."

January 9, 2022 15:13:17  #43

If Kiaane were Nagesh, they probably would've given helpful feedback or helped test the system out, but they aren't. So they kinda just nod and go back to evaluating the amulets.
It seems they're interested in one of the amulets from the middle. Its design resembles the first one closely, but from what Kiaan can tell, it definitely seems at least a little more advanced. A little more expensive, too, but quite honestly, Kiaane doesn't care much for its cost, as long as it's worthwhile. And it's lightweight, too. For some reason, that has become one of their priorities.
Eny had been wondering earlier why they didn't test out magic, right? Well, they do so now. But they're barely in the process of summoning anything when the spell she mentioned goes into high alert. Like, whatever mechanisms it causes, it's ultra-ready to unleash them, whether that means some sort of automatic restraint or alarm.
Oof.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 9, 2022 16:09:50  #44

Eny rolled her eyes and waved her hand. The spell immediately deactivated. "Sorry," she said to Kiaane, closing her book. "Should have warned you it'd do that. You should be fine now. And... please don't do anything too big? I don't want to get in trouble for letting someone testing out an amulet and accidentally blowing something up instead."

January 10, 2022 02:58:15  #45

Usual people would probably just nod, but Kiaane takes a little while to try to remember all the explosion-related spells they know so that they won't use them. Let the narrator just say, for a fourteen-year-old, they know an uncanny amount of explosion spells.
Hopefully Eny took the time to get back to her book and not wait all that time for them to finally nod, having been satisfied that they will probably not blow up her store. Not that they would have in the first place, of course...but now they're sure of that themselves. Yay, I guess. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 10, 2022 10:15:46  #46

Eny had put her book away. She seemed more interested in watching what Kiaane was doing, anyway.

January 11, 2022 20:08:20  #47

That's actually understandable. It's like watching an owl that knows magic. Intriguing.
Said "owl" isn't really doing anything out of the norm, really. They're just taking in some mana from the surroundings and moving it through the amulet, probably simulating what it would be like to move magic through it at the most basic level. But it seems like that'd be done faster. Strange.
Kiaane is a little uncomfortable from being watched, being used to being left alone, but this is a roleplaying thread and they never say what they feel.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 11, 2022 21:13:16  #48

Eny probably sensed Kiaane's discomfort, so she looked out the shop window for a bit.

January 14, 2022 16:49:23  #49

"Would it be against the rules if..." 
Stuck on the personal pronoun part.
"...altered this before buying..." they finish, skipping the bothersome part for their own sake.
They set it down, probably having decided against it, seeing as they do have some common sense. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 15, 2022 16:29:25  #50

Eny looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?"

February 10, 2022 02:09:44  #51

(Bruh realized this was one of the tabs I lost a month ago when my computer crashed)
(Sorry, I'll respond tomorrow. If I don't respond within a week just punch me fjdfjodfjsodi)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 10, 2022 20:28:14  #52

They lift their head a little, like they're talking to an adult rather than a kid around their age. "Alterations may be made after purchase. How compatible are these with changes?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 12, 2022 10:21:05  #53

Eny considered the amulet. "I think you can do it." she said, looking up at them finally. "You'll have to be careful not to damage or change the enchantments already on it, but as long as you're cautious you shouldn't have much of an issue. What kind of alterations were you thinking of?"

February 12, 2022 16:34:04  #54

No thoughts...head empty.
More like the narrator should have written this down. They remember there being alterations Kiaane wanted to make but basically forgot what said alterations actually were in their entirety. Way to go, Galaxian.
Not to worry, though! They can always pull out whatever ridiculousness and pretend it was originally in their intentions. Yep!

"External space expansion," they say without blinking an eye. "For provisional additions. Supplemental connection establishment."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 19:46:14  #55

Eny's eyebrow raised, and she looked like she was going to ask what the heck they meant, then shrugged. "Should work."

February 15, 2022 22:58:10  #56

"Will it?" they ask, rather bluntly as usual. It seems that they caught onto the subtle difference between "should" and "will." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 16, 2022 09:14:58  #57

Eny nodded. "Like I mentioned, as long as you're careful, modifications are easy."

March 15, 2022 18:17:16  #58

"Okay," they answer with a nod, apparently now taking it for granted, since it doesn't appear like they're any more relieved. Looking down again, they fiddle with the amulet for a few more seconds.
"Do you know of a strings shop?" they ask, looking back up.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 22, 2022 21:45:42  #59

"There's one down the street, but I have a few metal necklace chains if that's what you're looking for. Most of them are reinforced with magic, obviously."

March 23, 2022 11:02:15  #60

They try to make a face to express their opinion on chains. They achieve a small squint but literally nothing else. "Probably too dangerous," they voice.
If anyone's curious, their mental image at the moment is someone getting a stranglehold on that chain. Likely or not, it'd definitely be no fun.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera